Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pvp need campaign faction lock?

• Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    definite no. i want to play whichever toon i want in there at whatever time i want, and that should not be determined by some random internet butthurt person (cuz you lost a campaign or got stampeded by another faction)
  • Machete
    Machete
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Maybe have it campaign locked. You are on that faction for that cycle. I get tired of seeing tryhard solo and small scalers and getting the same hate tells from such individuals whether they are beaten outnumbered, fair fight, or even 1vXed themselves.
    Plus it makes a nice arguing point that groups will stick to one side and it will encourage more small scale vs small scale. You never really hear about small guild rivalries anymore. Likely because everyone in that scene is buddy buddy with one another.

Lemon-Party

Monarch Wintervine, Stamina DK, AD
    Eiress Wintervine, Stamina Warden, AD
    Aelireed Auntumnvine, Stamina Necromancer, AD
    Sierena Hlaalu, Stamina Templar, AD
    Blou Springwillow, Stamina Sorc, AD
    Taliana Silverthorn, Stamina NB, AD
    Monarch Wíntervine, Stamina DK, EP
    Lily Hlaalu, Stamina NB, EP
    Tankito Fondlini, DK Tank, EP
    Evaii Spellborn, Magicka DK, AD
    Thellion Evaire, Magicka Warden, AD
    Weylenn Aenwee, Magicka Templar, AD
    Valianna Syn, Magicka Sorc, AD
    Aranyus Highren, Magicka NB, AD
  • Vonbone
    Vonbone
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I would like to see the faction lock brought back imo it won't do any good. The ESO game is cheap to buy and free to play. With that being said I already know several player that have more than one account. What will faction lock do then?
  • robo26
    robo26
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    This would help stop a major problem in PvP at the moment. Where players from a particular faction, lock up a different faction to enable them to get more players in.

As an example, the Pact was locked for most of the evening/night last night, yet the Dominion and the Covenant weren't, yet the pact was outnumbered 40:1 easily if not more.

Whilst some will think this is ideal because they have the advantage, it doesn't make a balanced game - boring winning all the time and you can never test how good you are at PvP for real (same with players using macros and cheat engine). I would rather take down (or be taken down) a group of similar numbers - that way your tactics and strategy and playstyle is better than theirs or yours. You learn by being beaten fairly not having your ass handed to you by a group of 40 players on one - the only thing that teaches is that it isn't worth playing PvP at the moment.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Simple solution. Have one CP campaign faction locked, and one free to swap. Then we (Zos) can see where the players gravitate to.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Needs 3 campaigns of each type --> will turn to one campaign "owned" by each faction.
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I don't think that pvp "needs" faction locking.
    I do think, however, that pvp could do with a couple of faction locked campaigns (cp/no cp), ideally seven or fourteen days long.
    There are not enough answers in this poll
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    As if to prevent players from team switching ? Absolutely yes.

Imagine any other PvP game - for example a moba game or some first person shooter team match where you can just change your team on the fly when you are loosing and play for the enemy... It is just crazy stupid.

IDK why it is a thing. IDK what is the reason behind it. IDK why game devs did not asked themself a simple "what if" question.

I remember how PvP looked like back in 2014 - 2015 where campaigns were alliance locked. There was no ridiculous situations where the same group of players were winning campaign over and over and over and over again (noticed that I said group - because this is what is basically happening). Just one guild can do that (example) - paint the map yellow, then log in as blue, paint the map blue etc. By having the ability to switch teams like that they basically have a tool to exploit (yes, exploit because I don't believe it was an intended feature designed by devs) and steer the whole campaign and its scoreboards.

There are also numerous situation of trolls from other factions who log in to your faction and try to sabotage your efforts.
    I cant even count how many times either elder scrolls ends up in water or will be carried directly to the enemy home base.

Once I even saw a situation where some reloger took advantage of fact that there is a global cap of how many camps can be placed on map - so he basically spammed the map with forward camps until he reached a cap - an as a result our faction could not place any camps where they were really needed.

IMHO - ZOS is just wasting time, effort & money when they try to balance skill, clases etc. while at base of PvP we have this fundamental flaw. ZOS - remove the major exploit first.

So sorry guys and gals - but as a wise man said:
    kirk-and-spock-needs-quote.png

• D0RID0RI240
    D0RID0RI240
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    No, faction locking is a stupid idea,and the system is fine the way it is. Case in point, on Sotha PC NA the past few campaigns has been dominated by AD in the evenings. After the reset this past week, its been lots of ORCS ORCS ORCS (DC, the faction I have been playing on predominantly as of late) Now, with all due respect to Lord @Fengrush having 30 DC show up everywhere does not make for a fun experience for a 3 to 4 person group. So, We have played some EP to offset that pop imbalance this campaign (while still playing DC when the pop settles down some). AD is out of the question as the horde logs in around 10 cst like clockwork every night. Locking factions also would mean that, if by chance, some of the players in the AD zerg came into the light and decided to leave saftey in numbers, that they would have no ability to due so. This last scenario is so remote that I was hesitant to bring it up as an example, mind you
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes please
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, faction locking is a stupid idea,and the system is fine the way it is. Case in point, on Sotha PC NA the past few campaigns has been dominated by AD in the evenings. After the reset this past week, its been lots of ORCS ORCS ORCS (DC, the faction I have been playing on predominantly as of late) Now, with all due respect to Lord @Fengrush having 30 DC show up everywhere does not make for a fun experience for a 3 to 4 person group. So, We have played some EP to offset that pop imbalance this campaign (while still playing DC when the pop settles down some). AD is out of the question as the horde logs in around 10 cst like clockwork every night. Locking factions also would mean that, if by chance, some of the players in the AD zerg came into the light and decided to leave saftey in numbers, that they would have no ability to due so. This last scenario is so remote that I was hesitant to bring it up as an example, mind you

We generally dont faction stack. We make multiple groups and I give different ones different orders. Where you will see the dog pile of all DC is when both are hitting us later during primetime. But its more of an issue with AD. They dont go on offense unless the keep is not defended. As a result, it becomes an issue splitting people and waiting - AD is waiting on defense unless there is an empty keep to hit. Siege has a big part of this issue because its easy to bury in a keep with numbers and siege and stall out your opponent.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    coop500 wrote: »
    Yes, if for the sole reason of last week where a pissy AD guy got mad at me (I'm on AD too) for accidentally taking his kill and switched to EP and hunted me down to attack me, then when I actually won (OMG that hardly ever happens but he wasn't prepared for a WW since he had no poison) he came back a second time with a zerg of EP buddies, guildies no doubt. He ruined my evening all for a small mistake on my part that I even apologized for.

There is no "taking someone's kill" in Cyrodil. All those not on your faction are available to kill. If he wants to 1vx, he can go duel in front of the Undaunted Enclave with all of the other glory-dorks. You did absolutely nothing wrong and he was just an entitled ***.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    After this weekend, yes plus, Im AD, all my Characters are. Show some pride in the Faction you are playing for.
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes

This thread has surely upset the AP farmers.
    Makes reduced or zero AP after flipping for 48 hours seem an even better idea.
    Edit sorry for necro. Please delete
    Edited by aetherial_heavenn on July 25, 2018 7:31AM
    Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos
  • Ormtunge
    Ormtunge
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, and it should have happened a long time ago. Only way to save pvp at this moment. If u want to play with friends from other fractons, u can use the guest campaign.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    71 percent, or almost 3 out of 4, want faction locked campaigns.

Stop the AP abuse in Cyrodiil, fair fights, stick with your team whether it be on the winning or losing side.

ZOS make this happen already, your players want it.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Faction lock will just make everyone with an EP chatacter play EP and the map will be red 24/7.

Maybe thats the point?

I would really love to know which faction all these pro faction lock people are. Seems like most are EP.

If faction lock become a thing again, there will be no point playing any other faction. It's almost at that point as it is. Anyone that only cares about end of campaign rewards is playing EP already. You really think they are going to switch back under a faction lock system?...yeah right

The only way to get true faction balance is to implement a dynamic cap on the number of players on the map in each faction to no more than 10% above the lowest faction's population.

It's not a popular idea and it will create long ques on faction stacked sides but it might actually force people to spread out.

It is the only way it is ever going to happen.
    Nothing else will work.

Edited by Katahdin on July 25, 2018 8:00PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Shinshadow
    Shinshadow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I agree completely. I know WAY too many people that faction jump to the winning side before a campaign is over just to get the extra loot at the end of campaign rewards.
  • Vrany69
    Vrany69
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Exactly either choose left or right or dont, this will prevent individuals from cheating
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Ranger209 wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    Still looking to see if someone provides actual justification for this suggestion outside that they see some people change to the other faction and they think or feel it affects who wins the campaign in a noticeable manner.

It was considered a bad idea when we had it before so someone actually needs to come up with an actual reason that it somehow is a good idea now for this to get any consideration. Being this thread keeps dying it is clear there is not widespread support.

It has been justified over and over in multiple ways in the minds of those that do want it to happen.

This says it all.

Not to mention that we have already been down this route of having faction locks which was removed since it was bad for the game and did not serve anything useful.

I would not object to having a faction locked campaign added to the game and those who want this can have it. I just do not see a reason to ruin Cyrodiil for everyone else.

I would not expect it to be faction locked but that should not be an issue for anyone wanting this. Statistically the poll does not even reflect the forum base let along the player base of the game.
    Edited by idk on July 26, 2018 1:54AM
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes but as others have already suggested, make it a timed lock like 48 hours.

If you want to play with your friends, make toons in the same alliance with each other. Why don't people want to play the campaign as it was intended? The very few campaigns that were close in score, all the way to the end, have by far been the most enjoyable times playing PvP...by a long shot.
    For the Pact!
    Keyboard not found, press any key to continue
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Hurtfan wrote: »

If you want to play with your friends, make toons in the same alliance with each other. Why don't people want to play the campaign as it was intended? The very few campaigns that were close in score, all the way to the end, have by far been the most enjoyable times playing PvP...by a long shot.

Because the way it was intended 4 years ago failed so not it is designed for a different intent. Basically, you are arguing for it to be different than the current design intends.

As I stated before, including right above your post, it would be great if Zos added a single campaign that was faction locked or change one of the shorter duration campaigns to be faction locked. Everyone will get what they want and we will actually see how many are interested in a faction locked campaign. My guess is it will be low pop.
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Because the way it was intended 4 years ago failed so not it is designed for a different intent. Basically, you are arguing for it to be different than the current design intends.

As I stated before, including right above your post, it would be great if Zos added a single campaign that was faction locked or change one of the shorter duration campaigns to be faction locked. Everyone will get what they want and we will actually see how many are interested in a faction locked campaign. My guess is it will be low pop.

I don't want the population to diminish if they faction locked it and a lot of people would bail afterwards. I remember launch when it was faction locked, some of the best PvP I've ever played.

So like mentioned, the timed-lock sounds like a good compromise to me. But to say I can't play with my friends so we need to water down the game and allow trolling just isn't a good enough reason not to have it...imo...
    For the Pact!
    Keyboard not found, press any key to continue
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

The old system lock player based on account. My suggestion lock player based on campaign. Just because ppl don’t want the extremely strict old system, don’t imply ppl don’t want to encourage hopping.
  • mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    An alliance locked campaign would be so great, I wouldn't even care if I had to sacrifice all my hard earned champion points.
    I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    An alliance locked campaign would be so great, I wouldn't even care if I had to sacrifice all my hard earned champion points.

what if you're favored alliance placed 3rd, week after week, month after month - for years on end...

perhaps some days you would own a town or two, an outpost, or even your own home keeps...other days: gated...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    geonsocal wrote: »

what if you're favored alliance placed 3rd, week after week, month after month - for years on end...

perhaps some days you would own a town or two, an outpost, or even your own home keeps...other days: gated...

Some people don't care if they place 3rd every time. So long as they can avoid the faction swapping turds who further insult any efforts made.
    Personally I'd be happy to finish last each time, as campaign score means zip all these days - so long as i don't have to see certain traitorous kids hanging out in zone chat ;)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    dtsharples wrote: »
    geonsocal wrote: »

Some people don't care if they place 3rd every time. So long as they can avoid the faction swapping turds who further insult any efforts made.
    Personally I'd be happy to finish last each time, as campaign score means zip all these days - so long as i don't have to see certain traitorous kids hanging out in zone chat ;)

"some people" isn't all people, or, even most people...it's soul crushing being dominated day in and out in cyrodiil...it's easy to watch populations disappear within alliances now when they start falling way behind in the score...

more and more - i like the idea of having one faction locked campaign, wherein you have to chose a side and stick with it the entire campaign length (7 days maybe)...

i agree - the desire for this type of gameplay seems to be very strong with our player base...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I'm do not care, since I'm playing only one faction anyway.
    But there is no such option
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    SilverWF wrote: »
    I do not care, since I'm playing only one faction anyway.
    But there is no such option

the forums are such a small sample size of the entire player base it's hard to be definitive about anything posted here...

however; it really makes a lot of sense that having one faction locked campaign would draw considerable interest amongst the pvp player base...

I mean, zos went to great lengths to build alliance/racial pride into its world...makes sense that some folks (maybe a large number/percentage of folks) would want the opportunity to play in an environment which highlights alliance loyalty/pride...
    Edited by geonsocal on August 6, 2018 9:57PM