The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Magicka warden is still the worst PvE class in the game

• MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stileanima wrote: »
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    Nice dps but have you tried how much dps you get without the bear? Would be interesting to see how much dps the bear enables since pets are not everywhere welcome.
    (Also 1.9k mag/sec drain seems quite high.)

As far as i know fetcher dot is still bugged and procs direct damage sets like scathing and Nerien'eth but i think it is fixed on pts.

Bear-less DPS is not good. That ulti alone adds around, if not more than, 5k single target DPS to the Mag Warden's total damage output. In their current state, I wouldn't bring a Mag Warden to any raid where I couldn't use the Eternal Guardian on every boss fight. And in general, I wouldn't bring them at all to any competitive raid, lol.

And that's the problem with magicka warden. They need the bear to come within range of the other classes (and they still fall short). The other classes can all hit those numbers (and more) while using destro ultimate.

The bear is ultimately a single target ability, which negates most of the benefit of using a magicka class (magicka is supposed to provode AOE damage). It's also useless in boss fights with lots of AOE nukes flying around as every time the bear dies, your rotation gets interrupted as you automatically re-summon it.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on February 2, 2018 10:42AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    stileanima wrote: »
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    Nice dps but have you tried how much dps you get without the bear? Would be interesting to see how much dps the bear enables since pets are not everywhere welcome.
    (Also 1.9k mag/sec drain seems quite high.)

As far as i know fetcher dot is still bugged and procs direct damage sets like scathing and Nerien'eth but i think it is fixed on pts.

Bear-less DPS is not good. That ulti alone adds around, if not more than, 5k single target DPS to the Mag Warden's total damage output. In their current state, I wouldn't bring a Mag Warden to any raid where I couldn't use the Eternal Guardian on every boss fight. And in general, I wouldn't bring them at all to any competitive raid, lol.

As far as my Mag drain per second goes, in that CMX report, it's important to note that the Blue Betty is for some reason not counted as a part of my regen per second. Also for that parse, my character was not a Vampire, which also gave me less regen. Near the end of that parse as well, I sort of "went ham" since I knew the target would die before I ran out of resources.

This is what my regen and drain/sec look like in an actual raid (vMoL in particular is really good for Magicka sustain):

WBczkEV6QyqaRLI0yYvBPA.png

For the above parse, I am also missing a bit of regen because I am not yet Support/Assault Rank 9.

And yeah, Fetcher Infection is still considered direct damage on the live server. Even without it though, Nerien'eth will still proc quite frequently with a spammable Force Pulse build since you will have three+ chances to proc it with every cast of Force Pulse, not to mention with every light attack. Fetcher Infection only ticks once every two seconds anyway, so while it is a contributor to Nerien'eth procs, the fix won't be build-breaking when the next update goes live.

It's nice, but still doesn't compare to stamsorc's 68k dps. And doesn't excuse clunky rotation or heavy bear reliance.

it doesn't need to compare to a stam sorc 68k dps. it's not a melee class.

But it is a single target damage class. If you're using a slot on a single target DD, you'll want to take a stamina class.

If you want a ranged DD, then you'll go with a class that has access to an AOE ultimate, which the warden does not.

The warden was designed as a single target magicka DD which was a terrible design choice as magicka will never be able to compete with stamina in terms of DPS. The only advantage magicka DD has over stamina is range and AOE damage, and warden lacks the latter.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on February 2, 2018 10:48AM
  • stileanima
    stileanima
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Warden is actually very strong in AOE. Deep Fissure in combination with a destro ult and a lightning channel is a very powerful combo. I just wish they stacked up better against other magicka classes in boss fights, and otherwise brought something to the table that would be desired by competitive teams.
    Edited by stileanima on February 2, 2018 4:30PM
    Platform: PC/NA
    Guild: Calamity
    Role: Healer/Damage Dealer

YouTube | Twitch