Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Vids] Tay's Lag Proof(ish) MagPlar Build | LagPlar | 300+ Ping

Taylor_MB
Taylor_MB
✭✭✭✭✭
~~~ Tay's DPS Ranged LagPlar Build ~~~

Introduction
Hello forums. Given the mega server setup of ESO I figured I cannot be the only one who is completely locked out of certain play styles and skills solely because high ping makes them impossible to execute even half reasonably. I roll with a steady 300 ping on good days and found that attempting to use Sweeps on my MagPlar was an incredibly cruel joke (same with Flurry on a Stam toon). Even when you are standing right in front of someone or even immediately after they are CC'd, Sweeps would miss constantly.

As such I developed a semi lag proof build that still plays to a MagPlar's other strengths. This build combines two play styles that are not overly dependent on reactive game play and thus helpful for a player suffering high ping;
1) 100% ranged skill set with Destruction Staff allowing killing of opponents before they can even properly engage you, and
2) Utilising Sword and Board, MagPlar's natural "house" skills and strong defensive options to be able to tank when inevitably out numbered.

Primarily built for no-CP, just less heavy attacking required when playing with CP.

Gameplay
https://youtu.be/nA8MOrMjj6E

Build
https://youtu.be/OiU3EfMm17M

1x Master's Lightening Staff
2x Valkyn Skoria (1 light)
5x Law of Julianos (4 light)
5x Robes of Transmutation (1H + Shield + 3x jewellery)

Non-buffed statsheet from no-CP Cyrodiil with alliance Emperorship HP bonus:
o1BcPe1.png

Check out the build and game play videos for all the strengths of the build (too tired to type out now :pensive:). I did want to mention here though that because this build is not using an Aedric Spear ability on either bar we do miss out on extra damage blocked and extra damage done to blocking opponents. Unfortunately because Sweeps is not an option and we are relying on DoT's to do damage (thus ruling out Aurora Javelin), there is simply not room on our bars nor a useful Aedric Spear ability we can use effectively. Conceivably you could slot Empowering Sweep on either bar depending if you want more defense or more damage, but personally I'm much more comfortable having 1 solid offensive ultimate and 1 solid defensive ultimate.

Conclusion
Lag sucks. It will frequently break your rotation even though it looks perfect on your screen. Build around the lag, even if you have to drop some very unique skills, your build will still come out better then it was before!

Cheers,
Tay
PvP Defensive Set Comparison
Firestarter MagDK 1vX
- build and gamplay!
LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
- build and gamplay!
ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
- build and gamplay!
Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
My YouTube Chanel

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven’t even watched the vid but I already know I love it.

These are the build strats I need when both of my roommates are streaming Netflix lol
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why trans and not riposte? Group support?
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Why trans and not riposte? Group support?

Two reasons;
    1) Needed the double regeneration on this build, and
    2) There is a crazy amount of people wearing Riposte now and I don't tend to solo as much on my MagPlar as I do my MagDK, so chose the less used group defense set.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solid and versatile all around build!