The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.4 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Feedback regarding the new Morrowind Furnishing Documents (and some thoughts about economy & prices)

• Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    @Blacknight841

You already spewed the same kind of nonsense in another of my threads about the same topic, before the PTS went up, and we saw the Morrowind documents.

It was pretty established in that other thread that you're just being salty because your monopoly is broken, and other people are now able to get access to these recipes with enough investment, without having to rely on you and your overpriced furnishings. Be glad you had more than half a year of milking the market, that gold should suffice plenty until you can milk the players off their gold when the next bunch of recipes land.

Luckily it's pretty clear you represent a pampered and spoiled minority, and at least in this case, ZOS has decided to put the needs of the regular, common player above those of the likes of you.

Well-said.
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looking at those numbers...about a 1 in 10 chance of getting a Daedric recipe instead of something good? :S Yuck!
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
    Options
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    Great points. I haven't bought a plan from the voucher vendor since they increased the prices of the purples and added the blues personally and definitely will not buy the new ones at double the price.

Same here.

I bought over 100 purples at the old price.
    Options
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Several weeks have gone by now, and lots of other players have voiced their discontent in this thread, at the prospect of paying a huge investment to reach 50 vouchers - only to get one of the purple Daedric recipes that you can find all over the place, or at guild traders for only a few hundred gold.

This is an unacceptable investment/reward system, and it needs to change before going live.

Vvardenfell recipes are only found on Vvardenfell, and it makes sense to have them gated behind an achievement and expensive documents. Daedric and Dwarven recipes are NOT found only on Vvardenfell, but all over the worldspace, thus it does NOT make sense to include these recipes in the Morrowind exclusive documents sold by Rolis.
    Options
  • Naomi_K
    Naomi_K
    ✭✭✭

f6lpcej4q9pk.png
    General
    • The Morrowind Furnisher’s Documents available from Faustina Curio no longer contain plans that can be found outside of Morrowind, such as Daedric or Dwarven furnishing plans.
    PC EU
    Options
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Naomi_K wrote: »

f6lpcej4q9pk.png
    General
    • The Morrowind Furnisher’s Documents available from Faustina Curio no longer contain plans that can be found outside of Morrowind, such as Daedric or Dwarven furnishing plans.

OH MY GOD

THEY LISTENED
    Options
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

f6lpcej4q9pk.png
    General

Awesome.

/thread.
    Options
  • ZOS_Edward
    ZOS_Edward
    Community Rep
    Hey @Carbonised

I was just coming in to direct you to the most recent patch notes, but it looks like @Naomi_K beat me to it. Thanks Naomi!

We appreciate the constructive feedback you left and we look forward to seeing how this change feels for everyone.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

f6lpcej4q9pk.png
    General

Rats! Beat me to it! :smiley:

ETA: Thanks, ZOS, for listening and removing those plans. Makes spending 50 vouchers a little more palatable.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on February 5, 2018 5:36PM
    Options
  • victoriana-blue
    victoriana-blue
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a great change! Having another source for purple dwemer plans is/was a good idea, since those can be difficult to find, but Morrowind achievement-locked envelopes shouldn't be that place.

That said, 50 vouchers per purple plan & 25 per blue is still too expensive and I don't plan to use them.
    CP 750+
    Never enough inventory space, even with storage coffers and a mule account
    Options
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Edward wrote: »
    Hey @Carbonised

I was just coming in to direct you to the most recent patch notes, but it looks like @Naomi_K beat me to it. Thanks Naomi!

We appreciate the constructive feedback you left and we look forward to seeing how this change feels for everyone.

How about the feedback about their voucher cost? 50 for 1 purple recipe is too much.
    Options
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey @Carbonised

I agree with others.. 50 (purple) and 20 (blue) writ vouchers for the Morrowind plans are too much. I already feel like I paid to be punished playing that Chapter, and this makes me much less likely to continue doing the Dailies as my RNG on all my characters is terribad.

More reasonable amount, if you wanted to increase the price for those ones would have been 35 for the purple and 15 for the blues.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

f6lpcej4q9pk.png
    General

YES!!! :smiley::smiley::smiley:

*hugs for @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_WhicheverOtherZOSPeopleAreResponsible*
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
    Options
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nebthet78 wrote: »
    Hey @Carbonised

I agree with others.. 50 (purple) and 20 (blue) writ vouchers for the Morrowind plans are too much. I already feel like I paid to be punished playing that Chapter, and this makes me much less likely to continue doing the Dailies as my RNG on all my characters is terribad.

The furniture plans do not drop from the daily quests in Morrowind. I believe they need to be looted from various containers or sometimes from Morrowind NPCs.
    Options
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    Hey @Carbonised

The furniture plans do not drop from the daily quests in Morrowind. I believe they need to be looted from various containers or sometimes from Morrowind NPCs.

I think he/she means crafting daily.
    Options
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    Hey @Carbonised

No... but they are an incentive to do the daily writs so you have writ vouchers to buy them. When things are over priced from the writ voucher, I feel no need or want to do writs altogether.

I don't do the other type of daily stuff as there is nothing in them I want.
    Edited by Nebthet78 on February 6, 2018 12:03AM
    Far too many characters to list any more.
    Options
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    Hey @Carbonised

How about the feedback about their voucher cost? 50 for 1 purple recipe is too much.

Like I wrote in my original post, I do think they are pushing the limits regarding voucher costs for documents. I don't think 50 vouchers is way too much, though I do think something like 30 or 40 vouchers would have been more reasonable for the purples.

On the other hand, the way I see it is 50 vouchers compared to 900k for a purple recipe, which was what they sold for until the PTS was revealed a month ago. I can certainly get 50 vouchers for far less than 900k gold, even when I have to buy the master writs from traders.

So, status now is they have
    1) given us access to all the purple and blue recipes through vouchers
    2) removed the dreaded daedric (and dwarven) recipes from the loottables

All in all, I'm pretty content with that. I do hope they have read through my entire original post though, so we don't see a further excalating of voucher prices in the future.
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now, about those Clockwork City plans...
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
    Options
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Now, about those Clockwork City plans...

I'm just glad they are so niche they pretty much only fit into the CWC home and look out of place everywhere else. Same for Dwemer, I personally can freely ignore CWC and Dwemer recipes.

However, I agree that for fairness' sake, they should let us have access to those recipes as well.

I foresee either of two scenarios:

a) Either we get another anniversary bonanza with recipes aplenty for a limited time

or

b) We get another 50 voucher Clockwork document in 3-4 months or so

I don't know which one of these is more deserving of a trollface.
    Options
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey @Carbonised

Not if you compare it to what all purple vvardenfell plans cost.
    Options
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    Hey @Carbonised

However, it's not the job of ZOS to keep the prices of everything at a status quo. Several times we have seen prices drop because of anniversary events, mystery loot boxes and motif bonanzas. These things drastically influences the prices of things that are bought and sold.

And in the case of Morrowind recipes, one could argue that 900k for a recipe is extremely far fetched, and that a more reasonable level would be around 20-60k, which would place them well above even the ever popular Redguard recipes.

While some people will undoubtedly collect the recipes, the danger is that once we have gotten all our recipes, we will stop buying Morrowind deocuments for our vouchers, since the tradeoff is too small for the cost of mats and master writs, so there will be no more recipes put into circulation for other people.

This has already been the scenario for the base game recipes, many of them are now extremely rare and very expensive when they do appear on the market, simply because most people no longer have any interest in buying 25 voucher documents, since the tradeoff is usually small, or just break even.

Right now, 50 vouchers ia better price than 900k gold, yes, but in half a year when Morrowind recipes have fallen to a much lower level, 50 vouchers might be way too much.

Prices should take in consideration the long term effects, instead of simply reflecting the status quo of the current market - especially when the current market is 900k for something as common as a purple recipe.
    How many of the golden throne recipes reach 900k? How many other purple recipes reach 900k?
    Even the mythical ambrosia recipe is only 2M, which is little more than 2 purple Morrowind recipes. I think you need to take this into consideration.
    Options
  • victoriana-blue
    victoriana-blue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Mureel wrote: »
    Hey @Carbonised

While some people will undoubtedly collect the recipes, the danger is that once we have gotten all our recipes, we will stop buying Morrowind deocuments for our vouchers, since the tradeoff is too small for the cost of mats and master writs, so there will be no more recipes put into circulation for other people.

This has already been the scenario for the base game recipes, many of them are now extremely rare and very expensive when they do appear on the market, simply because most people no longer have any interest in buying 25 voucher documents, since the tradeoff is usually small, or just break even.
    There are more than 2000 craftable plans, last time I checked, and every update since Homestead has added more recipes to that total. For Morrowind specifically, there are well over a hundred purple House plans (not counting the blue or green ones). Rolis Hlaalu changes his gold plan stock twice a year.

I might be misreading here, but I think it's disingenuous to imply that collecting plans is easy or that people who finish that collection are numerous enough to affect server behaviour. (If someone only needs ten plans to finish their Ald Velothi house, that's a different situation from collecting for collecting's sake.) There are simply so many plans that rng is already a major difficulty factor.

(I'd love to see ZOS' numbers on the average master writs done per player before & after Morrowind, specifically as a bar graph or mode. The mean would be thrown off by the richest 5%.)

And don't forget about the other side of the current writ envelope prices: it's not that there aren't "enough" plans in circulation, it's that a lot of the potential buyers have left the market because they can't afford the break-even prices and sellers don't want to take a >50% loss. Adding more plans wouldn't change that if the margins didn't also improve.
    CP 750+
    Never enough inventory space, even with storage coffers and a mule account
    Options