Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Where would you find ESO races in todays world ? maybe something like this ? ...

Ilithyania
Ilithyania
✭✭✭✭✭
DWxjVRu.jpg
PC
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd say swap Dunmer and Altmer.

Altmer have a long and rich cultural history. And the Dunmer live in a place with weird fauna and flora, that may or may not try and kill you.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    I'd say swap Dunmer and Altmer.

Altmer have a long and rich cultural history. And the Dunmer live in a place with weird fauna and flora, that may or may not try and kill you.

As an Australian I completely agree with this.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL, why are dunmers located in the UK and high elves in Australia?

Doesn't look like having much sense but quite funny tbh.

Edit:

LOL x 2 @ Argonians in Mexico and Orcs in Russia.
    Edited by SpiderCultist on January 22, 2018 12:03PM
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • ScardyFox
    ScardyFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theres going to be a flood of virtue signaling in this thread I bet...
  • wolf486
    wolf486
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think Dunmer would be more centered around China, no?
    PC/NA
    Moved onto BDO and GW2 Skyrim, ATS/ETS2, ACNH and the overall goodness of single player games

RIP to the following:
    (DC) Tharbûrz gro-Glumgrog - Orsimer -Stamden (lvl 50)
    (AD) Vukz - Bosmer - Stamblade (lvl 50)
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    wolf486 wrote: »

I think one of the races that inhabit Akavir would be a better fit there
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In b4 "assigning fictional races to real life people promotes racism".

I always considered Bretons to be an equivalent of the old brits lore wise. But france maybe fit as well.
    And dunmers, alone for the architecture, far easter like Japan or China.
    Don't know what links swamp loving Argonians to Mexico.
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭

daym, i forgot about the snowelves, falmer and dwemer too. :/
    PC
  • wolf486
    wolf486
    ✭✭✭✭

I wonder wondering about that as well, however I can see Argonian/Black Marsh architecture being very similar to Mayan's I suppose
    PC/NA
    Moved onto BDO and GW2 Skyrim, ATS/ETS2, ACNH and the overall goodness of single player games

RIP to the following:
    (DC) Tharbûrz gro-Glumgrog - Orsimer -Stamden (lvl 50)
    (AD) Vukz - Bosmer - Stamblade (lvl 50)
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder wondering about that as well, however I can see Argonian/Black Marsh architecture being very similar to Mayan's I suppose

yes their Mayan houses were the idea :|
    PC
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ilithyania wrote: »

daym, i forgot about the snowelves, falmer and dwemer too. :/

If you're to include them

Ka Po' Tun from Akavir may fit well with China or Japan due to the whole "becoming a dragon" thing. The Kamal would work in the north, particularly Canada. Tang Mo might work in South-East Asian countries. The Tsaesci are very tricky. Maybe India, Bangladesh or South America.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is going to end bad

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dumer fits in Australia weird flora and fauna.
    Khajiit architecture is south east asia but prime environment is steppe so one option is Africa south of Sahara.
    Argonians and Nord is obvious, Redguards in middle east and Imperials are Romans, Breton Europeans
    Bosmer would be Amazonas or other rainforests.
    Altmer is the hard ones, kind of want to put them in the far east, architecture don't match but it don't match any culture I know.
    orcs are another hard one, Russia is not an stupid idea.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably right about that @Morgul667
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DWxjVRu.jpg

The UK is not dunmer, not by any measure. They are 100% Altmer. Dunmer would def be Asian oriented. Chinese or Japanese.

Orc would not be Russian, I get a far more Mongolian type feel there, possibly even African Tribal, but not Russian, just no.

Khajiit I always think of Spanish more.

Bosmer Would be some of the Tribes that are still inhabiting the Amazon or the head hunter tribes in the Pacific.

Reddguards I would see more as Northern African.

Nord is a combo of German and Norsk. So Both.

Imperial, if you want to go by TODAYS culture would be the US. Once powerful, but not so much atm.

• OlafdieWaldfee
    OlafdieWaldfee
    ✭✭✭✭
    ScardyFox wrote: »

More likely a flood of facepalming.

• Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk but this argonian's got the jam on.

https://youtu.be/58azwBbpWQw?t=4m4s
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah, I see. But I don't think that architecture always translates like that. Dunmer mainland architecture resembles chinese/ japanise architecture, yet they are portrayed as grumpy racists, which doesn't quite fit the stereotype of the always polite japanise volks. But I guess that's it, stereotypes and prejudices.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, I see. But I don't think that architecture always translates like that. Dunmer mainland architecture resembles chinese/ japanise architecture, yet they are portrayed as grumpy racists, which doesn't quite fit the stereotype of the always polite japanise volks. But I guess that's it, stereotypes and prejudices.

Japanese are very very racist a lot of the time. The Public image is the land of smiles, but look at how they treat anyone not japanese. xD
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

yes their Mayan houses were the idea :|

It has been a while since studying into it,
    but wasn't the Mayan substance of choice Psilocybe mushrooms
    while Ayahuasca use centers around the Amazon basin?

Erm,
    Ayahuasca being the plant/mixture of plants consumed for visionary purposes
    that, according to tradition, speaks to the people of the Rainforest and guided them to the appropriate plants to dose with
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    argonians are clearly modelled off of early aztec and mayan civilisations.

khajit borrow heavily from south asian influences, architecture, although i find the constant references to skooma addiction a little racially insensitive and reminiscent of the yellow fever- white china propaganda of the past.

breton is from gaelic and anglo saxon obviously - the hinting of an elvish background inspired by the saxon and nordic part of their ancestry.

Nords obvious. well not exactly obvious- but vikings- in the 800A-100AD era. not the scandi chic 2018 ikea era.

Imperials are ancient romans- probably the most direct correlation - from facial features "the roman noses", olive skin, to the roman gladiator clothing, drapery, garb, etc- even the politics and ethos of the time- that romans were the chosen race, etc. or should we say- the dlc race.

Orcs in eso heavily borrow from mongol , eastern european, northern asian cultures, countries. especially in the 1100 AD era.
    For example their tapestries are a straight take from mongol wall tapestries, kazakh wall tapestries. Chechnya, Dagestan, Iran - the entire caucasus regions. Also alot from other indigenous civilisations such as native americans and australian aboriginals with their ornaments etc.

redguards not african but actually more egyptian and arab in its inspirations.

bosmer , wood elves borrow heavily in part form amazonian cultures and other indigenous cultures- but as with the other elves- they just borrow from elvish culture in itself- which after 80 years of fantasy writing- is pretty dense .

dunmer from northern asian Altmer from japan also - architecturally- but culturally more nordic races- as elven cultures have often done in fantasy, these two races are probably the least correlative to known races- and more in line with fantasy lore since tolkein times, although tolkein himself did base elves off of his nordic allies in the war. the inspirations for these two races are far more diverse , original and complex than to just say- "they are like this race" - as we can with argonians for example.

not uncommon a writing device to take what is familiar and re-arrange it with some imagination and re-ordering. what are jedi but sci fi samurai for example.
    Edited by MakoFore on January 22, 2018 12:38PM
  • CardboardedBox
    CardboardedBox
    ✭✭✭✭
    At least nords are pretty obvious lol

I feel orcs are mongolian
    Edited by CardboardedBox on January 22, 2018 12:31PM
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol. They got Altmer in Australia. 10/10 thread right here.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I always considered Bretons to be an equivalent of the old brits lore wise. But france maybe fit as well.

We are really called " Breton " in " Bretagne " (Bretagne [french] Brittain [English] ), it's not a joke, west of france is inhabited by " des bretons "

Edited by Apherius on January 22, 2018 12:38PM
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why but I feel like Imperials should be in the area near Greece. And why didn't you include Finland and Iceland when choosing area for nords? You have Scandinavia with Norway, Sweden and Denmark. But the north also has Finland and Iceland.
    Edited by Runschei on January 22, 2018 12:44PM
  • madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Breton region should also include England AND Australia etc.

Dunmer/Dark elves belong in South Asia.
    They have various aspects from that area in their art etc.
    And even Vivec itself is a Hindu name,

Its all often very mixed.
    Like Khajit have some south asia themes.

And even red guards in Alik'r name their water ponds: Johad; An Indian word.
    Sudan, Nigeria region (Sahel) is also very redguardish.
    Edited by madeeh91rwb17_ESO on January 22, 2018 12:50PM
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »

We are really called " Breton " in " Bretagne " (Bretagne [french] Brittain [English] ), it's not a joke, west of france is inhabited by " des bretons "

Personally relate to Bretons as 'similar' to Métis
    Métis refers to a unique group of people in Canada,
    descended from a mixture of Indigenous tribes and (predominately) French colonists

considered to be culturally and politically distinct from the other First Nations tribes, as well as from colonial citizens

more drawing on how Bretons are uniquely a mixture Men and Mer through an imbalanced social structure tho
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably right about that @Morgul667

I hope im wrong though :/
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭

Axolotl ( Mexican walking fish) ..there's even white ones with red eyes. just like vampire Argonians. ugly feckers

• Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ScardyFox wrote: »

Mostly clueless racism so far.