Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Where would you find ESO races in todays world ? maybe something like this ? ...

• Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    USTTech wrote: »
    Bretons from england, and altmer from france..... not saying all french are uppity and superior acting.....

Ok, I have to comment on this. 9/10 times I hear someone from England, the US, or Australia make smart comments about the French. So honestly, just stop, the onyl people acting superior are you guys.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, orcs in Russia? XD Have you seen their armor (especially in Morrowind) and their cash shop costumes?
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    let thread die before it gets fugly >:)
    PC
  • Highlor3
    Highlor3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Argonians: Central America, plus some part of South America that has Aztec/Mayan ancestry;
    Bosmer: Amazon forest and all the rest of South America;
    Khajiit: The whole Sub-Saharan Africa;
    Redguard: Northern Africa, Middle East/Western Asia and South Asia. Yokuda would have been Atlantis, although it's maritime reminds me more of the Maomer. But the Maomer could be set on the Pacific archipelagos, Hawaii, Caribbean and etc;
    Imperials: Italy, Greece, Spain, Portugal, and the rest of the Mediterranean Europe;
    Bretons: France, Netherlands and Belgium;
    Germany, Switzerland, the whole Central Europe can be like the Reach, dividing Bretons and Nords;
    Nords: Norway, Finland, Sweden, Iceland (Solstheim) and other countries in the Northern Europe. Greenland or Antarctica could have been Atmora;
    Orsimer: Russia, Eastern Europe/Central Asia and Mongolia;
    Dunmer: China and the whole Southeast Asia, Australia (Vvardenfell), New Zeland (Sheogorad);
    Altmer: United Kingdom and Ireland (Auridon), maybe USA and Canada too (Aldmeri Dominion wants it all). Australia and New Zealand also reminds me of Alinor (Summerset Isle) and Auridon, respectively, they were also Great Britain's colonies, their expansion through out the world reminds me of Mer (in general, not the Altmer) being scattered all over Tamriel.

Based my choices on cultural and terrain similarities. I haven't included Akavir as chinese, korean, japanese and/or southeast asian, because I think the Dunmer have lots in common with these cultures, and wanted it to be more centered on Tamriel Races.
    Edited by Highlor3 on March 13, 2018 6:13PM
    [PC-NA] CP 1600+ The Conquest of Tamriel, UESP, Taverna do Mestre & A Ordem Divina
    The Scientia Consortium:
    • Rodbertus Quercus, Imperial, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Robert Bethencourt, Breton, Templar [DC]
    • Karlindah Telvanni, Dunmer, Sorcerer [AD]
    • Hejthuxis (former Raises-Her-Rear), Argonian, Nightblade [EP]
    • Limeril Bravewind, Altmer, Warden [AD]
    • Isilarelen, Dunmer, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Elindael, Bosmer, Warden [AD]
    • Hrodberaht Bright-Fame, "Nordguard", Warden [EP]
    • Ra'Kham, Khajiit, Nightblade [DC]
    • Brazilia gra-Bagol, Orsimer, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Nirrah al-Hegathe, Redguard, Necromancer [DC]
    • Theodora Quercus, Imperial, Templar [DC]
    • Cainneach the Pale, Reachman, Necromancer [AD]
    • Dughlas af-Fearley, Redguard, Sorcerer [DC]
    • Roze Cloturier, Breton, Arcanist [AD]
    • Vinnus Limia, Imperial, Templar [AD]
    • Ravhungorn Orangewood, Bosmer, Arcanist [EP]
    [PC-EU] CP 120+ Autumn Rose & Portucale
    • Adaltos Indoril, Dunmer, Templar [EP]
    • Geralt of Evermore, Breton, Dragonknight [DC]
    • Robert Cloturier-Baudiae, Breton, Arcanist [DC]
    • M'ahnurr the Elusive, Khajiit, Necromancer [AD]
    • Bruis al-Shornhelm, Breton, Nightblade [DC]
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh good gods.

This is a fantasy game which draws influences from all over! You can't specifically translate from one to the other!

Take the Khajiit. Some architecture similar to some Indonesian stuff. But accents range all over the place from kinda 'spanish' to vowel - chewing 'russian'.
    Bosmer from South America? Via sarf Lahndahn then......

It's not real. So it doesn't really have to make sense.
  • Highlor3
    Highlor3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why people can't just have fun?! Everything is racism or other political sensitive subject these days.
    People already know that the ES series is a fantasy setting, and that it's lore draw inspiration from lots of sources from the real world.
    [PC-NA] CP 1600+ The Conquest of Tamriel, UESP, Taverna do Mestre & A Ordem Divina
    The Scientia Consortium:
    • Rodbertus Quercus, Imperial, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Robert Bethencourt, Breton, Templar [DC]
    • Karlindah Telvanni, Dunmer, Sorcerer [AD]
    • Hejthuxis (former Raises-Her-Rear), Argonian, Nightblade [EP]
    • Limeril Bravewind, Altmer, Warden [AD]
    • Isilarelen, Dunmer, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Elindael, Bosmer, Warden [AD]
    • Hrodberaht Bright-Fame, "Nordguard", Warden [EP]
    • Ra'Kham, Khajiit, Nightblade [DC]
    • Brazilia gra-Bagol, Orsimer, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Nirrah al-Hegathe, Redguard, Necromancer [DC]
    • Theodora Quercus, Imperial, Templar [DC]
    • Cainneach the Pale, Reachman, Necromancer [AD]
    • Dughlas af-Fearley, Redguard, Sorcerer [DC]
    • Roze Cloturier, Breton, Arcanist [AD]
    • Vinnus Limia, Imperial, Templar [AD]
    • Ravhungorn Orangewood, Bosmer, Arcanist [EP]
    [PC-EU] CP 120+ Autumn Rose & Portucale
    • Adaltos Indoril, Dunmer, Templar [EP]
    • Geralt of Evermore, Breton, Dragonknight [DC]
    • Robert Cloturier-Baudiae, Breton, Arcanist [DC]
    • M'ahnurr the Elusive, Khajiit, Necromancer [AD]
    • Bruis al-Shornhelm, Breton, Nightblade [DC]
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps I´m biased but, I´d say dunmer have a lot in common with Spain, culturally.
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the khajiit will fare better in Mexic? :D
  • NikellasGR
    Black Marsh - Argonians: Central America, plus some part of South America.
    Valenwood - Bosmer (Wood Elf): Amazon forest and all the rest of South America.
    Elsweyr - Khajiit: rest of Africa.
    Hammerfell -Redguard: Northern Africa, Middle East/Western Asia and South Asia.
    Cyrodiil - Imperials: Italy, Hellas*(Greece*)
    High Rock - Bretons: France, Netherlands and Belgium and UK and Central Europe(Germany, Switzerland etc).
    Skyrim - Nords: Norway, Finland, Sweden, Iceland and other countries in the Northern Europe.
    Orsinium - Orsimer (Orc): Russia.
    Morrowind - Dunmer(Dark Elf): China and Southeast Asia.
    Summerset Isles - Altmer (High Elf): USA.

* Hellas the Original Name of Greece (i am from Hellas)
    Edited by NikellasGR on November 23, 2018 7:36PM
    For the Elder Scrolls Online Forum
    Nikellas
    Founder of Greek Elder Scrolls - GRES Guild
    Co-Founder of Corinthians Clan
  • Viserys_Varanis
    I wonder how many people get triggered by this post.
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer are as Australian as it gets, they even have the same accents.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every race in TES is a mash of multiple cultures, it's a bit difficult to pinpoint them on just one. For example, Redguards are based off the Japanese, Middle Eastern and African cultures all at once.
    Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
    I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
    I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

I also occasionally role-play, but I prefer playing the game.
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And some of them (esp. the Elven races) are harder to press into a neat little box than others.

Dunmer are all over the place, there is little about Khajiit that is African (where in Africa?), High Elves are more cliché Fantasyland than anything else, Bosmer are no actual culture either but the "wild tribe in the forest" trope with a twist, and so on.
  • Abigail
    Abigail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varana wrote: »
    And some of them (esp. the Elven races) are harder to press into a neat little box than others.

Dunmer are all over the place, there is little about Khajiit that is African (where in Africa?), High Elves are more cliché Fantasyland than anything else, Bosmer are no actual culture either but the "wild tribe in the forest" trope with a twist, and so on.

You're really not a lore person, are you? LOL

• Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YbeepfD.jpg

There, I fixed it
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • OFFL1MIT
    OFFL1MIT
    ✭✭✭
    Not to offend anyone, but this is my image and why.
    Nords - Russians, because they like to be cheerful, to party and be drunk all the time
    Imperials - Americans, im not gonna say why, dont want to start debate , but u probably know (I love americans tho)
    High Elf- Chinese? because they're smart and tall
    Dummer - They like elfs but smaller/shorter so japanese?
    Breton - Uk peeps, dont know why
    Argonians - Brazil because of wetlands?
    Redguards - I would say Persia? (iran)
    Orcs - Syrian people as they were masters at blacksmithing. And first blacksmithers.
    Khajit - People of Columbia, they have mother nature in their hearts, love them!

Edited by OFFL1MIT on November 24, 2018 2:26AM
  • Jaguar7Mx
    Jaguar7Mx
    ✭✭
    Argonians culture are based in Mexico, Aztec and Maya culture...that is that true.....U can see Chichen Itza, Teotihuacan temples, Eagles and Jaguar Warrios, Quetzalcoatl (Aztec) and Kulkukan (Maya) Gods, and others elements, the most of the base culture of argonians are in this ancient groups, and in the south of Mexico are forest and jungle, cheers. LB98F4.jpg
    Edited by Jaguar7Mx on February 16, 2020 12:19AM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the whole idea of elderscrolls universe is that it is suppose to NOT be like reality.
    it's suppose to be a completely different world then the one we live in.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    the whole idea of elderscrolls universe is that it is suppose to NOT be like reality.

hey wait a minute ...
    if the Dwemer were removed and went to an alternate reality ...
    then we humans are the Dwemer?
    with our addons and patches and changes to their world, that is ...
    woe ...

Edited by Gilvoth on February 16, 2020 12:32AM
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altmer = Britain or maybe Russia when it still was a Tsardom (somehow I often have to think of Saint Petersburg and its palaces when being in Alinor; also, if they had dogs, I'm totally sure it would be Borzoi dogs ;) )

Argonians = Middle America, maybe Guatemala, since there are many Mayan temples

Bretons = France (though in some TES games, they had a Brit influence, too)

Bosmer = South America (because of the landscape and climate, mainly)

Dunmer = Japan (maybe with a little touch of China). Their traditions, ancestors cult, strict codes of politeness, clan system, architecture - it all screams feudal Japan. Also, I'm sorry, the racism. Many place names sound Assyrian, though.

Imperials = Italy resp. Roman Empire, which had been much larger

Khajiit = India, and some of the architecture also reminds me of Thailand

Nords = Scandinavia, mainly Norway

Orcs = Mongolia

Redguards = Arab countries or Persia
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Jaguar7Mx
    Jaguar7Mx
    ✭✭
    Argonians no exist, but his culture are based in acient groups from Mexico, and not in Southamerica, is to say,, i am anthropologist and i am tired that most of people always say that Aztecs and Maya culture are in south america and this is no that true, south america have his own great culture but no like this. Same mistake like that last game of TombRider where there the most of all elements in this game are from aztecas and Maya from Mexico not from Southamerica. cheers.
    Edited by Jaguar7Mx on February 16, 2020 2:29AM
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaguar7Mx wrote: »
    Argonians no exist, but his culture are based in acient groups from Mexico, and not in Southamerica, is to say,, i am anthropologist and i am tired that most of people always say that Aztecs and Maya culture are in south america

Not in South America, but there are also Mayan ruins in Belize and Guatemala, if I'm not wrong? Tikal? Caracol?
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Jaguar7Mx
    Jaguar7Mx
    ✭✭
    Yes but tikal and caraco have the same estructure like that piramid argonian? i think not soo... Chichet Itza is that same maya piramid like the argonian piramid i that is i Mexico.
  • Jaguar7Mx
    Jaguar7Mx
    ✭✭
    Eagle and Jaguar Warrrios (Aztec, Mexico) Mazzatun - Argonian..cheers! zMEHQu.jpg
  • Jaguar7Mx
    Jaguar7Mx
    ✭✭
    Macuahuitl (Mexico)- Acient Aztec Sword- Argonian Greatsword- cheers! 0JrYQh.jpg
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaguar7Mx wrote: »
    Yes but tikal and caraco have the same estructure like that piramid argonian? i think not soo... Chichet Itza is that same maya piramid like the argonian piramid i that is i Mexico.

You're right. The style looks more like the Kukulcan pyramid.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Jaguar7Mx
    Jaguar7Mx
    ✭✭
    Yes Syldras, Chichen Itza (Maya - Mexico)- argonian piramid ESO...Cheers!4iJJO8.jpg
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »

It is obvious that the Elder Scrolls developers have built a world that is familiar, yet foreign. That means references to our world mixed with "alien" elements. This allows people to relate to the world while recognizing that it is not exactly Earth.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    British people definitely aren't (or weren't) Dunmers, I don't think?

We are (or were) closest to a combo of High Elves, Wood Elves, Nords and Bretons.

High Elves and Wood Elves even have British accents, lol.

Just one is posh and one isn't...

Even though I think (from their architecture) Bretons are originally supposed to be from Brittany, not Britain and Nords are, obviously, supposed to originally be from Scandinavia.

Half of Britain (from the North West, down to the South East) was under Viking (Nord) control at one point, then there was the Norman invasion (Normans were, again, Vikings, originally - just ones that moved to Normandy first) and we are (obviously) very close to Northern France and so, were invaded by them (Bretons) multiple times.

Obviously, all this is from a more historical (including fairly recent history) viewpoint, as now we're pretty multi-cultural, so you could probably say we have the equivalent of a mixture of all, or most, of the ESO races.
    Edited by Tigerseye on February 16, 2020 3:58AM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Dumer fits in Australia weird flora and fauna.
    Khajiit architecture is south east asia but prime environment is steppe so one option is Africa south of Sahara.
    Argonians and Nord is obvious, Redguards in middle east and Imperials are Romans, Breton Europeans
    Bosmer would be Amazonas or other rainforests.
    Altmer is the hard ones, kind of want to put them in the far east, architecture don't match but it don't match any culture I know.
    orcs are another hard one, Russia is not an stupid idea.

Altmer are like British people who are descended from Normans, honestly.

Originally Vikings, that became more civilised and started calling their cow meat "beef" instead of "cow" and shunned all the short, Anglo Saxon words, after they successfully invaded England.

I'm not sure if that is what they are supposed to be, though - their architecture is more continental European.

Could be German/Austrian.

Germans/Austrians have a lot in common with the British, genetically, too, so would make sense.
    Edited by Tigerseye on February 16, 2020 4:16AM