The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Remove snares from pvp already

Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
✭✭✭✭
If you dont mind... just do it.
It is detrimental to pvp. Been said so many times for so long.

Thanks in advance.
Edited by Aelakhaii_De_Mythos on January 19, 2018 1:15AM
  • Speed_Kills
    Speed_Kills
    ✭✭✭
    Clearly a L2P issue
    Some say speed kills, I hope to be proof of that.

Main- Speed Kills Nord Stamina Sorcerer
    +11 alts (every class, mag+stam)
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You need snares in PvP, otherwise you can't land any melee attacks or PBAoE on anyone.

They should be balanced though so you don't get a free snare as a secondary effect on half the dps skills in the game.

NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    while you are at it ZoS just remove combat from Cyrodiil... smh
    Rhaegar Gregorson, The Ebonheart Centurion - Imperial Dragonknight
    RABIDxWOLVERINE - Xbox One, NA, Ebonheart Pact

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Um use immovable pots, rapid, etc?
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d just want the gap closer snare to be gone.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Tbh - i don´t think that would be enough.

I´d be a fan of snares getting progressively weaker by 10% every second after application - as an example lotusfan:

Currently snares for 70% over 8s with my proposed change it would snare for 70% on application then 60 50 40 30 20 10 for a total of 7s.

The snare on encase (restraining prison morph) currently works the same way - it gets weaker over time - so with the mechanic already existing it should not be too hard to implement in the game.
    Edited by Derra on January 19, 2018 7:28AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »

Your signature suggests too much time played to still be thinking immov pots impact snares in the slightest.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    ✭✭✭✭
    You need snares in PvP, otherwise you can't land any melee attacks or PBAoE on anyone.

They should be balanced though so you don't get a free snare as a secondary effect on half the dps skills in the game.

This is incorrect. You can try using speed pots while under, say, shuffle snare immunity. You still get hit by everything (unless you sprint away).

Immovable doesnt remove snare. Rapids do but it costs 8kish.

Derra wrote: »

I´d be a fan of snares getting progressively weaker by 10% every second after application - as an example lotusfan:

Currently snares for 70% over 8s with my proposed change it would snare for 70% on application then 60 50 40 30 20 10 for a total of 7s.

The snare on encase (restraining prison morph) currently works the same way - it gets weaker over time - so with the mechanic already existing it should not be too hard to implement in the game.

The thing is, as a stam char (unless stam sorc, maybe) one would still have to make a main priority of any build to be one which removes snares. And this is my issue with snares. To much effort just to enable proper movement.
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    while you are at it ZoS just remove combat from Cyrodiil... smh

With the tank meta atm they did in a round about way.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This is incorrect. You can try using speed pots while under, say, shuffle snare immunity. You still get hit by everything (unless you sprint away).

What if your enemies are also running speed pots? and endlessly running around tree's etc.

Ever tried using Biting Jabs or puncturing sweep without using Rending slashes, Stampede or reflective light first?
    Ever tried running after someone with a flame lash without snaring or rooting them first?

It's not gonna work... you would be better off re-rolling mag sorc or warden and sitting back at range spamming cliff racer.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah you can't remove roots/snares entirely. But I agree it's overturned. It seems like EVERYTHING snares you.
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's the free snares attached to skills you'd use anyway that really bog everything down.

I never intentionally snare other players...but between vampire's bane, the templar ritual snare passive, and the jabs snare...

They're always snared. And I never, ever have to think about snaring them. It just happens.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean I can definitely work with the gap close snare being gone, sure there shouldn’t be anything in the game that snares above 50% and it’s there was a major minor snare system I would be happier. But the gap close snare is more of a problem.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • Chakei
    Chakei
    ✭✭✭
    Snares need tweaking, yeah but to remove them is a bit beyond excessive.
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭

Immovable doesnt remove snare. Rapids do but it costs 8kish.

The thing is, as a stam char (unless stam sorc, maybe) one would still have to make a main priority of any build to be one which removes snares. And this is my issue with snares. To much effort just to enable proper movement.

ermm use shuffle to remove snares? seems like a no-brainer here bruv
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snares should not be taken out of PvP completely (that would be harmful) but i do think there are too many snares. removing the snares on some abilities (Hidden blade, some gap closers etc) would put us in a better place.
    Invictus
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1) Design the game so all morphs can either be magicka or stamina cost depending of your highest ressource pool. If stamina, deal physical/poison/disease damage, if magicka, deal magic/fire/frost/storm damage. (I know that this idea needs some work but you will understand why in the next points)

2) Design one morph to be an increased of damage and the other one to be an increased of utility/support (snare, roots ccs).

3) Remove all class snare passives OR add diminishing returns to the game.

DIMINISHING RETURNS

Group the following effects together (example) :

- Snares and roots

1) When you are affected by a snare or a root, then use an ability that remove snares/roots, the next time you get affected by them in the next 5 seconds, reduce the duration by half.

2) From there, If you use an ability that remove snares/roots again, and then get affected by a snare or a root the next 5 seconds, reduce the already halved duration by another half.

3) From there, If you use an ability that remove snares/roots a third time, you have immunity to all roots and snares for the next 5 seconds.
    Edited by frozywozy on January 19, 2018 6:46PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag users suffer from snares and roots more significantly than do stamina based classes.

However, ever since I the change to Shuffle... more and more I have seen folks using Forward Momentum which was and still is far superior than Shuffle ever was or is.

Against high skilled stamina players, just try and pin them down with a root or snare... if they have Forward Momentum... forget about trying to snare or slow them down. That leaves a person with just a stun to fight against these slippery devils. In the end, I find it an incredibly frustrating experience trying to fight against these slippery folks.

If anything, I'd like to see some sort of change with Forward Momentum... but that's just me... 8 seconds for as cheap as it is is just too much.

At the same time... before the days of Forward Momentum... you could actually CC someone... root them... and do this often enough to get your hits in...

Why do you think the game is the way it is now... just burst... because that is the only way you will kill someone that is slipping and sliding all over this here water park.
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rohaus wrote: »
    Mag users suffer from snares and roots more significantly than do stamina based classes.

However, ever since I the change to Shuffle... more and more I have seen folks using Forward Momentum which was and still is far superior than Shuffle ever was or is.

Against high skilled stamina players, just try and pin them down with a root or snare... if they have Forward Momentum... forget about trying to snare or slow them down. That leaves a person with just a stun to fight against these slippery devils. In the end, I find it an incredibly frustrating experience trying to fight against these slippery folks.

If anything, I'd like to see some sort of change with Forward Momentum... but that's just me... 8 seconds for as cheap as it is is just too much.

At the same time... before the days of Forward Momentum... you could actually CC someone... root them... and do this often enough to get your hits in...

Why do you think the game is the way it is now... just burst... because that is the only way you will kill someone that is slipping and sliding all over this here water park.

Just a heads up, this thread is about the fact that there are too many snares and it makes the game unplayable. Not the other way around. I understand that Forward Momentum make players lot more slipery but they also decide to go without the burst heal that Rally would provide to them.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    ✭✭✭✭
    So many uninformed opinions...Not sure why I even post.

Just to compare forward momentum and rally, just let me know when anyone who uses forward momentum in tougher fights as solo actually survives. Anyone who disagrees with this BASIC point should just be silent.

If we are blessed enough and zos actually start to understand how CENTRAL snaring is in open world pvp, then i dont want them to read the forum and read your ***.

Don't tell me it's l2p issue.
  • Inig0
    Inig0
    ✭✭✭✭
    GM: Mechanically Challenged
    In game - @Inig0
    Sorc - Inigo- Beautiful Chocolate Man
    NB - Raphiki - Beautiful Chocolate Man
    Temp - Ineegø - ınıgo
    DK - Inigø - Alfeus - Down for Maintenance
    Warden - Help I Made a Warden
    PC NA
    Youtube Stuffs
    Only the best memes die twice
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    Your Idea is just as uninformed no snares in pvp is a horrible idea.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iv gotten stacks of people killed using trap, they think they can run away and then oops. its hilarious because i dont win many 1v1 battles.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Immov pots dont remove snares...
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you see they nerfed immob duration on all potions by 30%?

They're making it worse
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think snares should be removed but I do think there is just too much cc in pvp right now. Maybe its the meta, maybe its the state of the game.

But even with immo pots and rapids, its not fun to be perma cc'ed by zergs or small groups of players. Sucks the fun right out of PvP imo. Especially seeing as due to the lag CC is nearly 50% more effective because people are lagging so hard they cant actually break free anymore.
    Edited by xeNNNNN on January 24, 2018 6:09PM
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well the thing there is; its kind of useful so you land a hit on a kiting target after a gap close. Remove the snare, and lwe're back at gap closing spam, and gap closers are getting weaker meaning a big nerf for melee

They need to tone them down though. 50% should be the max and on something that's purpose is primarily a snare, not as a secondary effect. And those should be short. Like 2 seconds. The longer duration should match major and minor expedition in strength and duration.

These 70% snares like I have on my magblade are over the top.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

Well the thing there is; its kind of useful so you land a hit on a kiting target after a gap close. Remove the snare, and lwe're back at gap closing spam, and gap closers are getting weaker meaning a big nerf for melee

They need to tone them down though. 50% should be the max and on something that's purpose is primarily a snare, not as a secondary effect. And those should be short. Like 2 seconds. The longer duration should match major and minor expedition in strength and duration.

These 70% snares like I have on my magblade are over the top.

Snares are a tough thing to please everyone with. As a magblade I feel I get the best of both worlds. I have cripple and and lotus, and when I play meele the snares help me land attacks and I love rhem. But what almost always kills me? Being snared to oblivion and steamrolled by the group I couldn't cloak or run from because the massive snares.

I have resorted to running mist form or a 2h build with forward momentum, which imo is a must for every mag class in pvp (besides sorc they have streak to create a gape)

PPlus I think we need to have a talk with zos about how to word things. Immov pots say "immune to knock backs and disabling effects" how in the hell, like really zos logic, how....in.....the....hell is a snare not a disabling effect. I think 70% reduction to movement sped is pretty disabling
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to remove snares from gap closers

Snares should be a skill of their own so you have to use it as part of your play

Currently every skill has a snare attached to it to help bad players connect hits
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop making stupid posts about removing things you can't figure out how to deal with.