The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

How about that 1 Account Locked Campaign?

Crom_CCCXVI
Crom_CCCXVI
✭✭✭✭✭
Many don't care, but for those of us that do miss when it was Red vs Yellow vs Blue....

wouldn't mind having something to fight for again, lets make this a team game like it used to be.

14 day CP, Account locked to one Alliance.... (just try it, guarantee it will be your most popular campaign)
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    You got my vote
  • Zagnut123Zagnut123
    Zagnut123Zagnut123
    ✭✭✭✭
    All my toons are blue so I have no choice but to fight for covenant.

I would like them to make this change
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeahd Id like that lock the account for the duration of campaign
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's exactly the way I play now. I play my EP characters on Sotha Sil, my DC ones on Shor and my AD ones on Vivec. I think it would be a good rule to keep people from just switching from one alliance to the other en masse multiple times a day and would make the game fairer. The only problem I see that sometimes my home campaigns are pretty crowded: 100+ queue for both Vivec and Sotha Sil last night on PC-EU for example, and I instead queue for another campaign in the mean time, but just go in Shor to do basically PvE stuff like grinding mobs in IC sewers to pass the time. So the 2nd best option to locking would be switching off AP gain completely for the guest campaign.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • ktdotexe
    ktdotexe
    ✭✭✭
    [deleted]
    Edited by ktdotexe on July 11, 2019 4:39PM
  • Leeched
    Leeched
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    That's exactly the way I play now. I play my EP characters on Sotha Sil, my DC ones on Shor and my AD ones on Vivec. I think it would be a good rule to keep people from just switching from one alliance to the other en masse multiple times a day and would make the game fairer. The only problem I see that sometimes my home campaigns are pretty crowded: 100+ queue for both Vivec and Sotha Sil last night on PC-EU for example, and I instead queue for another campaign in the mean time, but just go in Shor to do basically PvE stuff like grinding mobs in IC sewers to pass the time. So the 2nd best option to locking would be switching off AP gain completely for the guest campaign.

So you are basically playing all of your chars in the already most zerging faction on each campaign - that explains your queue problems, cause if you would play DC on Sotha, EP on Vivec and AD on Shor, you wouldn't have any queue problems like 90% of your playtime.
    I tbh like it the way it is. I main DC on Sotha but if EP is gate camping my alliance for like most of the day cause of w/e reasons, I like to play on AD since EP somehow doesn't give a *** if AD takes back some of their keeps and I at least get the chance to do some proper PvP instead of getting farmed by 20+ ppl EP guild raids on my blue who camp the gates.
    Edited by Leeched on January 18, 2018 12:50PM
    (DC) Grimsley - MagSorc || Denderan - StamPlar || Phaedon - StamBlade || Oberon - MagPlar || Leontes - StamSorc || Saroush - MagDk || Culan - StamDen || Dullahan - StamDk
    Ruvik - MagBlade || Tivil - MagDen || Juval - MagNecro || Gargrave - StamNecro
    (EP) Vicio - MagBlade || Clavigo - MagPlar || Peritas - MagDen || Fedrak - MagSorc
    (AD) Maledicto - MagBlade || Voriak - StamBlade

PC EU || Currently CP 1500+
    Azura's Star Sotha Sil
    I serve bombs ღ - retired
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rilis wrote: »

So you are basically playing all of your chars in the already most zerging faction on each campaign - that explains your queue problems, cause if you would play DC on Sotha, EP on Vivec and AD on Shor, you wouldn't have any queue problems like 90% of your playtime.
    I tbh like it the way it is. I main DC on Sotha but if EP is gate camping my alliance for like most of the day cause of w/e reasons, I like to play on AD since EP somehow doesn't give a *** if AD takes back some of their keeps and I at least get the chance to do some proper PvP instead of getting farmed by 20+ ppl EP guild raids on my blue who camp the gates.

That's actually a good idea. I think I'll switch them around at the next campaign reset. I had them like that for a year. I'm thinking about AD-> Sotha Sil, EP-> Shor, DC -> Vivec. Oddly enough I actually noticed that I make more AP when the faction I play is somewhat outnumbered since there are more weak players to kill in the dominant one.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Even though I mainly solo (sometimes small group), I'm all for anything that inspires team/faction oriented goals instead of maximizing AP collection at any cost.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea OP, one that my guild and I have discussed at length. We would love a 14 day campaign as we feel 7-days is too short and 30 too long.

+1
    Edited by Nermy on January 18, 2018 3:46PM
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Reminder, folks, the PVP community of ESO is not so large it can be particularly picky over who it gets to play with.

Get over it, play with whomever is on your side at the moment, and try to milk some fun out of the time left in this game.

I say this as the biggest EP homer there is. I don't have any non-EP toons, but reality eventually destroys idealism.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve yet to see this massive sway in population, based solely off switching faction during a campaign period. Really the vast majority of people who switch between alliances, and I mean to the high 90th percentile are small scale players who have friends in each faction/swap to the faction where they can have the best fights which more often means the lower population. Even at that they mostly stay on one alliance. The other small percent is that one guy who plays the random off day with some friends he has in a guild on another faction, or the guild that faction swapped and a player just wants to play his main when not in a group.

I’ve also never seen a compelling argument for why players should be pigeonholed into such lies other than, “I want/they should/they shouldn’t.” Was never really locked in with the home and guest functions, and with 8+ character slots and less servers it doesn’t really make much sense.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't have my vote, I prefer playing on the lower side of the score board because queues are alot less and pugs are more common and easier to get pulled or triggered to get nice fights. Not a fan of "my faction has numbers, we should win everytime" type of play style.
  • Kode
    Kode
    ✭✭✭
    I am all for locking accounts to one faction per campaign. During morning play time I have regularly seen DC or EP faction drop while the other swells and AD is pushed back to their gates while sitting at 2 bars.

I'm not exactly a fair weather bird... I don't even mind that AD loses every campaign without hope of winning, but it is starting to get a bit ridiculous.

I like this game, I struggle through the lag and nonresponsive play because I enjoy the mechanics of small scale PvP... but compounding problems are pushing me away.

I think if ZOS would focus on working with what they have, the game could be a much better place.

Seriously, take RvR back to the drawing board. Half of your player base is going to leave and stay gone if you can't get your RvR game in check before Camelot Unchained (which just got a huge investor). You don't have to be the best zerg warfare game, focus on what you can do well and do it well!
    If your small scale PvP is healthy and vibrant, people will keep coming back.

You cant do large scale PvP, you will never compete with CU when it releases so stop going down that road. Your game can't handle it, and theirs was built for it.

Break up the zergs, stop the lag, fix faction swapping, make Cyrodiil more meaningful.
    Kode Darkstar, Aldmeri Dominion
  • Kode
    Kode
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve yet to see this massive sway in population, based solely off switching faction during a campaign period. Really the vast majority of people who switch between alliances, and I mean to the high 90th percentile are small scale players who have friends in each faction/swap to the faction where they can have the best fights which more often means the lower population. Even at that they mostly stay on one alliance. The other small percent is that one guy who plays the random off day with some friends he has in a guild on another faction, or the guild that faction swapped and a player just wants to play his main when not in a group.

I’ve also never seen a compelling argument for why players should be pigeonholed into such lies other than, “I want/they should/they shouldn’t.” Was never really locked in with the home and guest functions, and with 8+ character slots and less servers it doesn’t really make much sense.

Play between 9 and 1pm eastern on Vivec, you should see it regularly. You are right that it doesn't happen during peak population times because the queue would be prohibitive. But some people play off-peak, and it is still a problem for them.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 7:45PM
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kode wrote: »

Play between 9 and 1pm eastern on Vivec, you should see it regularly. You are right that it doesn't happen during peak population times because the queue would be prohibitive. But some people play off-peak, and it is still a problem for them.

I play during that time period and have never seen it.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Kode
    Kode
    ✭✭✭
    Kode wrote: »

I play during that time period and have never seen it.

I guess you missed it this morning at around 10am and 11am EST too? Perhaps you arent noticing it... but it doesnt mean it isnt happening.
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do people keep asking this? it's not fair to the folks that choose the faction that needs help when it needs it.

I don't play DC when I get home from work because they're lock pop vs 1-2 bar EP/AD (depending on day of week and server duration progress (gets lower the longer the campaign continues)).

I don't play AD later in the evening because there are 2-4 organised Oceanic guilds running at that hour and as a result, AD dominate.

I don't play EP if I stay up long enough for NA EST afternoon because most dudes that log on are EP for whatever reason.

But by all means, be mean and shortsighted. Deny me changing to the faction that needs help the most.

And don't give me that excuse that people change to the winning faction. Those guys never take a challenge easy and choke when they endure pressure from a player that does.
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do people keep asking this? it's not fair to the folks that choose the faction that needs help when it needs it.

I don't play DC when I get home from work because they're lock pop vs 1-2 bar EP/AD (depending on day of week and server duration progress (gets lower the longer the campaign continues)).

I don't play AD later in the evening because there are 2-4 organised Oceanic guilds running at that hour and as a result, AD dominate.

I don't play EP if I stay up long enough for NA EST afternoon because most dudes that log on are EP for whatever reason.

But by all means, be mean and shortsighted. Deny me changing to the faction that needs help the most.

And don't give me that excuse that people change to the winning faction. Those guys never take a challenge easy and choke when they endure pressure from a player that does.

There will still be servers for all of this. There could also be a server for those who value loyalty which is what this is about.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it.
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranger209 wrote: »

There will still be servers for all of this. There could also be a server for those who value loyalty which is what this is about.

Not for an Oceanic player there isn't. All servers but Vivec are dead unless you demand I pvdoor another server now if my own faction is overpopulated in Vivec.

I'd rather fight over how ignorant people can be denying others the freedom to choose who to help on the only server alive at my playtime.

*EDIT, If this is a sincere push for only ONE NEW server to be locked and leaving the most popular server as it is, then push for it by all means. I have sincere doubts that it'll actually work like you all think it would.*
    Edited by ellahellabella on January 23, 2018 5:43AM
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Venom4You
    Venom4You
    ✭✭✭
    As long as the system the OP suggests is bound to a certain campaign I am fine with it. ZOS could make the suggested campaign for players which actually really care for their faction. Thats fine with me.

But I still think the option to swap factions should remain in the game for the players who actually don't care for their alliance but only for the best pvp. I always like to play raid and small scale pvp on the currently least populated faction. That requires me to be able to switch freely whenever I want. I think it is not acceptable to force the players who only care how to get the best battles, to fight in a faction which for instance currently zergs down the entire map.

There should be something for everyone in this game: For the guys with faction pride there should be a campaign with faction locks, for the guys who like the freedom of pvp whereever they want there should be a campaign without these forced locks. Thats fine with me.

But in general I believe that people overestimate the amount of faction hoppers in this game. I would claim that most peps who are actually hopping factions are small scalers or high end raid groups which how I stated don't care for their alliance anyway and thereby have no effect on the campaign scoring. I doubt for example that AD would be less dominant in Vivec EU if there was a faction lock. Current campaigns are won by faction diehard nightcappers/morningcappers who never swap factions anyway. So I honestly doubt there would be a difference. But ZOS could gladly try it on a campaign like the OP suggested as long as there remain alternatives for us "faction hoppers" :)
    Edited by Venom4You on January 23, 2018 4:52PM
    Aka Crowley

Member of Zerg Squad (EP/AD - EU)
    Role: Raid Healer
    Main Characters: Majestic Crowley (Warden Healer - EP) / Father Crowley (Templar Healer - AD) / Brother Crowley (Templar Healer - DC)
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daaaaaamn eu sotha sil is locked? NA sotha sil is a complete ghost town. Damn lucky eu
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to join a campaign that had locked factions. I have all AD toons so I play this way anyway, but it would be interesting to see if it was a popular campaign or not.

There has to be campaigns that are not locked as well.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *EDIT, If this is a sincere push for only ONE NEW server to be locked and leaving the most popular server as it is, then push for it by all means. I have sincere doubts that it'll actually work like you all think it would.*

That is my interpretation of it.

• xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would love this, if it actually came too fruition.

PvP would finally be fair at last in terms of the campaign and points.
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would be fun if it was a new campaign
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    people often complain that there arent enough players in cyrodil. for players from various timezones, they go in and its pretty dead. and now some people want to take even more players away to create another campaign and say oh, well you can still have your campaign. Yeh right. It will be deader for even longer periods.

this is a terrible idea and will only hurt pvp.
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I had 3 of these “small scale” players whisper me last night trying to get me to q them in AD so they could skip the 70+ EP q (yes that’s still a thing).I respect you as a player we have been on opposite sides for a long time and our days on Hadrus were memorable. IMO it’s more like the 2% that actually does what your saying most others follow a easier path to victory. It’s easier to farm pugs with emp buffs and most of the map.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • trustcotraptb14_ESO
    Faction lock should have never been removed. ZoS has made some pretty terrible changes since Paul left.