Just for fun: What would an ideal ESO 2 look like?

• Synthwavius
    Synthwavius
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would look like ESO and BDO had a baby. I really like vistas in BDO, gathering, crafting, horse breeding. Ability to change horse costumes, sailing and ofc action combat. If ESO 2 had all of it + eso's lore, spoken dialogues and pve content that would be pretty nice game to play.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a better idea!
    Iccotak wrote: »
    Why would there be a sequel?

They tried rebranding DLC as "chapters" to force subscribers to pay extra for them. That didn't go well and I don't think people really bought it. Was funny in interviews when even Firor would slip up and call the chapters DLC.

Using the existing engine to create and sell a new game rather than releasing expansions and new content for ESO is possibly the next logical step. Could be tricky though.

How do they abandon a "successful" game like ESO without it looking like it really is? My guess would be story - they'll say they want to explore some other point in time and have to do that with a separate game.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1.5 but without bugs and VR.
    Playing since beta...
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Different Era
    Where the lag is little and end game content can actually be played without massive FPS drops, console crashes, game crashes, and loading screens-galore.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Different Era
    A time of no bugs & balance between all classes.... What a wonderful place that would be
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    Different era from what you posted, but I also have a better idea. Most people never wanted ESO to happen, but got it anyway. For some it has been a pleasant surprise, for others a disappointment (these people are not playing or stopped early on). What most people really wanted was a coop TES game. In ESO your immersion evaporates quickly when you see a glowing, naked Argonian riding his fabricant camel mount through Eastmarch and the same thing happens when too many people are crowding on the same spot. That immersion is a feeling this game just can't give you right now outside of your home or in small and unimportant towns. This is what I would want instead or be considered in ESO2.

Y'know, I must be a different sort of person. Do I see the non-immersive stuff? Both yes and no: yes, as a peripheral side-note in my mind; no, because I just don't pay any attention in game.

In Vivec, where my girls "live" to do their crafting writs, I run each of them around the stations, run to turn the writs in, then I go off into the world and don't ever think about whatever it was going on in Vivec.

Compartments. I have compartments.....
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a better idea!
    1. No loading screens unless you're entering an area that absolutely has to be instanced (dungeons etc, but no loading screens between zone transitions, opening a door to a regular house or using a damn ladder.
    2. An engine optimized for multi-threaded CPUs, and the game built from ground up with this feature in mind, so that a modern high end CPU never bottlenecks a 6 years old mid-range GPU, especially when under 60 FPS.
    3. Slaughterfish is stupid, get rid of it (or move it at least 1 km from shore, and make it get stronger gradually rather than basically killing you right away the moment you cross a certain line) and allow us to explore in the water.
    4. Characters no longer get stuck on pebbles.
    5. Characters no longer get stuck in a falling animation when slowly sliding down a slope. If we want to stand on that roof, let us stand on that roof, it's not made of ice.
    6. Characters can use skills while in the air and in the water, at least some skills where it makes sense.
    7. Conservation of momentum!! When I sprint and jump I shouldn't be suddenly slowing down to walking speed, it makes no sense.
    8. No invisible walls (if you want to prevent us from going somewhere, make a proper wall, invisible walls are stupid). Especially in places where there will be something but isn't there yet, like that gargoyle boss in spindleclutch 2 where you can run against him for like 20 seconds before he appears.
    9. A functional Z-axis, so that we don't get stuck trying to run under a flying NPC, and we can use ladders without loading screens.
    10. No broken "features" like light attack weaving that add complexity without adding depth. Just stop it, either you attack with your weapon or you're using a skill, both at the same time don't make sense.

I honestly don't care when and where it takes place in the universe as long as the story is somewhat coherent, because that's only entertaining for the first 2 weeks or so. After that it's all about gameplay, and there are a lot of things that they can improve on in that department.
  • Lake
    Lake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not having to also develop for weak, under-powered consoles would help.
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a better idea!
    Separate PVP, PVE and solo modes so we can finally play however we like.
  • Thrain
    Thrain
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a better idea!
    Without lags or bugs
  • DCanadianBacon
    DCanadianBacon
    ✭✭✭
    I have a better idea!
    PvP and PvE split apart when it comes to mechanics and balancing. :smile:
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We learn from a Fallout/TES crossover that the Fallout world and Tamriel ARE THE SAME THING DUN DUN DUN

I.e. Planet of the Apes ending all over again
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A server option in my part of the world
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a better idea!
    I know what -I- want for ESO-II...
    AmuSphere_Coloured_Concept_from_Design_Works_art_book.png
    tumblr_static_cziy947ty9wkogk8ks4ggk088.gif
    ;)
  • madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Different Era
    A- It should basically be a sequel to The coming elder scrolls 6.

B- It should NOT be an MMO. NOT BE AN MMO! But an always online elder scrolls game.
    Which you can play with your friends, kinda like borderlands. And have some areas (likely cities), where you can see everyone else.
    And it should have dedicated PvP zones. Like cyrodil, imperial city, battlegrounds etc.
    C- GAME OF THE YEAR, right there!
  • madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Different Era
    After that, they can keep adding new zones, even from other continents and realms to that massive always onlin, kinda MMOish, elder scrolls game.

This is what ESO SHOULD HAVE BEEN if it wanted to win game of the year award. And make money like nothing ever did.
    Edited by madeeh91rwb17_ESO on October 20, 2018 12:52PM
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ideally, ESO would have a restraining order filed against the current balancing team, distancing them far from the game.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    Different era from what you posted, but I also have a better idea. Most people never wanted ESO to happen, but got it anyway. For some it has been a pleasant surprise, for others a disappointment (these people are not playing or stopped early on). What most people really wanted was a coop TES game. In ESO your immersion evaporates quickly when you see a glowing, naked Argonian riding his fabricant camel mount through Eastmarch and the same thing happens when too many people are crowding on the same spot. That immersion is a feeling this game just can't give you right now outside of your home or in small and unimportant towns. This is what I would want instead or be considered in ESO2.
    Then you got Fallout 76 who is pretty much the Skyrim multiplayer but in the Fallout universe and fans are angry.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lake wrote: »
    Not having to also develop for weak, under-powered consoles would help.
    No. How about a game that we don’t have to develop it for self entitled PC players?

• Benemime
    Benemime
    ✭✭✭✭
    no ESO 2. just ESO 1 ported to a new engine (I know that's hard) with better graphics, movements, etc
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a better idea!
    True sandbox ES like ultima online. Better gathering/farming mechanics, not just node picking but raising farms and mining in mines etc.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vimora wrote: »
    Different devs.

Right there. Preferably a Director that likes MMO's and a passion for them. not one who enjoys easy money and wants skyrim online
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bc Destiny 2 did so well...

...it didn’t

Instead of a eso 2 I rather have a full blown true expansion. Not this cheap dlc I mean chapter stuff.

EQ 2 did better then its father, but i dont suspect anyone that knows a thing about developing a true MMO will be working for Zenimax, all the godfathers of the genre have started their own studios or went to managing mobile games. unfortuantely corporate America is now guiding the the new talented generation into, make a game to for the buisness model not for the players mentallity
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a better idea!
    Just keep updating and adding this current game. It has the potentional to cover all of nirn and beyond. New contients ones we know about and others we don’t. Other realms etc :)
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want a main series tes game with co-op.
    forever stuck in combat
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Different rewards for the end game.

I hate what become the end game in ESO .. I hate Fashion Scrolls Online.
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a better idea!
    Elder Scrolls Online 2: Battle for the Ruby Throne = PvP (standalone game)
    The 3 alliances have faltered and failed and are dead (or it could be set AFTER Skyrim). Using the original map terrain of the original game in a purely overland, open world PvP setting, Guilds are now the order of the day with limits of 50-100.
    However, each guilds' power requires capturing, dominating and maintaining:
    • resources
    • supply routes
    • camps
    • arms & armour
    • equipment
    The capture and maintenance of the above are all crucial to advancement.
    Resources = Ensure that arms and armour can be maintained, repaired and upgraded
    Supply Routes = ensure that your guild has food and water etc - Warriors get weaker if they stop eating. Loot, gold and resource materials travel along supply routes.....and temptation for both the needy and the greedy.
    Camps = Improves your training and gives bonuses to the speed you level. Also vital for the storage, maintenance and upgrading of Arms & Armour and also Equipment
    Arms & Armour = Requires Resources from guild sources and also captured resources - that need supply lines to be open
    Equipment = Pickaxes, shovels, hammers, nails, water bottles, clothing, siege materials (oil, tar, pitch etc) and equipment (ballistae, trebuchets, catapults, oil trenches/pits, spike trenches/pits etc)

To be a large guild requires them to be well armed, fed and watered. Big armies use up way more food, water and resources than smaller groups and need better camps and forts to protect them and their supplies. They also move slower than smaller groups.

Smaller guilds are more adept at remaining hidden, needing less food and resources and the ability to move much faster, to be able to get out of the way of dangerous threats.

ALIGNMENT/HONOUR/DISHONOUR/REKNOWN SYSTEMS: Characters can choose to follow the paths of good or evil or to remain neutral. All 3 have their own stamina and magicka skill lines and passives. Larger groups gain honour/dishonour VERY slowly. Smaller groups gain it much faster. When the Honour/Dishonour/Neutrality skill lines are opened, they will eventually be able to earn REKNOWN which can then be used to purchase a huge selection of individual Ultimate skills

DEGRADATION - Castles, forts, outposts and camps all require maintenance. If they are not maintained, they slowly start to degrade: walls and doors weaken, armour and weapons, begin to wear out and weaken. If supply lines are cut, this accelerates the speed of degradation.

CLASS BORROWING ABILITY: for a significant cost, a character has the ability to learn ONE skill OR passive from a different Class.

OK, I'm getting agitated now, lol. IS MAINTENANCE OVER YET THANK YOU PLEASE?
    Edited by Bam_Bam on October 22, 2018 9:48AM
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Itzmichi
    Itzmichi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a better idea!
    Just an ESO Version 2.0 instead devs focused several years on fixing the game and using a new engine for better graphics and possibilities that's it.
    Here, have a chill pill 💊!
  • Luxo
    Luxo
    Soul Shriven
    New Continent
    Stumbled upon this thread while lurking around the forums.

I see it over a year old but I like the idea for ESO 2

Set in another continent like Akavir, with no prederment classes, everyone start out equally, then down the road as you learn to master wepaons and magic, conjuration and all the known stuff from Tamriel pluss some new stuff never heard of(not really sure what yet, I am not a lore master).

You will be master of some if not all as the time pass by, maybe you have to choose wich one to really master (which will be a major challenge, choose wisely) and will become your main strenght, but you can swap between others and raise them to a certain mastery but not as powerfull as your main ability (yes it sounds like a class, but it isnt a class, just mastery of an ability).

Since we know little of Akavir it will open up for more free form and not so lore stricted content, it will be more open. Maybe Akavir is way more ahead of time, and then wisely stayed away from Tamriel or something, maybe more back in time when it becomes to technology, and stuff like that.

Under water content, non-instanced houses (build anywhere, create cities, fortresesses or whatever, or maybe not), open world(no load screens), an open world PVP but you have to flag yourself for it, auction house for everyone, not guild locked, if you want you could join an faction(there will be maybe 3 factions but players can start their own factions and choose what they will fight for).

Or you could also just be a free man roaming the world and fight whatever suits you, you could become a legend and be hired to fight with one of the factions for a brief time.

Ships/boats/on the water content, and you could go to Tamriel but navigating the seas is really hard, almost impossible, and if you manage to do so you will be stranded there, or something (maybe as a game over/you have beaten the game feature)

Just some rambling, dunno, maybe stupid ideas
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    New Continent
    Akavir could be as awesome as Kamigawa in MtG, though it would be better as a single player game.
This discussion has been closed.