Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Just for fun: What would an ideal ESO 2 look like?

• RupzSkooma
    RupzSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mangybeard wrote: »
    Keep in mind this won't happen for ages if ever. Just use your imagination anyway if you want. You could also just speculate future content if you want.

I've thought of a few possible scenarios.

1. New Continent: We've explored over half of Tamriel at this point. While it's likely a sequel would contain a few key zones here it's also likely a new continent would be featured to draw veterans of ESO back in. Akavir would be the likely choice here. We all know we want to go there.

2. Different Era: I think this would be the most basic way to launch a sequel. I'm not sure how likely it is, but it would probably be pretty simple to design compared to Akavir or:

3. Planes of Oblivion and/or Ruined Tamriel: This idea would be a centered around Tamriel at the end of a long cycle. Daedric princes have invaded and reshaped the world, or are in the process of doing so. We would see a lot of travelling to other realms and zones would be completely different due to the destructive nature of some princes. Dragons could return again as well and finally fulfill the prophecy in Skyrim.

Why do this poll include options that are basically new content of same mechanics for something like a sequel.If I didn't know any better I would guessed u are asking for ideas for expansions.

I want
    1)Connected Open World.
    2)Better combat.
    3)Better visual fidelity with a slight change in art direction to be fresh.
    4)A lot better animations.
    5)Some new never seen before mechanics in MMORPG.Ashes of creation is making node mechanic.
    6)New game engine to support all these.
    7)Underwater or Aerial combat and monsters.
    8)Some kind of physx system.

If it comes sooner than later which we all think won't happen.They will have to give massive bonus and goodies to veterans.

And I want them to release less small scale DLCs and more large scale DLCs like WoW does.

Edited by RupzSkooma on January 16, 2018 4:37PM
    Elder Kings II is a Role Playing Elder Scrolls mod for Crusader Kings III.
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Different Era
    I would like to see the timeline take place after all of the Elder Scroll games. You could even move toward a more steampunk aspect. We are kind of there right now, with CWC. I'm not a huge fan of steampunk, but ESO could possibly have a great base for something different from other games with the same theme.
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iccotak wrote: »
    Why would there be a sequel?

To make Zenimax moar money. This would really be, bottom line, the only reason.
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a better idea!
    an engine that doesnt crap itself after 1-2 hours playtime, an open world pvp zone rather than an open world pvd zone and a server that can handle primetime population without 20 seconds lag and abilities not going off would suffice.
  • Spacemonkey
    Spacemonkey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a better idea!
    Culture of sequels.

If where going to be on the subject of new development ventures, I'd much rather see them make entirely new original IP that is as rich. As much as I'm a fan of ES, there's only so much you can develop from a single IP before the history and lore of your franchise stops enriching your work and starts bogging down creation in barriers and rules. Eventually on a long enough timeline, the hard work also starts feeling a bit stale.

So if we're talking about a new AAA rpg or mmorpg (vastly different types but nonetheless), I'd rather it be a new Bethesda or ZOS original IP. It'll be hit or miss for me, but I already have 3 ES games I really love and dont mind going back to play when I feel like it. (ESO, TES III, TES V)
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a better idea!
    Don’t make eso 2. Just continue upgrading this even if that leads to a major engine change.

I’d rather have much more in one title than to separate items between two.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Vimora
    Vimora
    ✭✭✭✭
    The already started working on ESO 2. They'll release it the day I reach 690. Don't worry, guys, it's not tomorrow.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Different Era
    I want an era further ahead than skyrim with all previous lore intact. Also a classless pick your skills build your own play style. Less numbers more strategies tougher fights with less enemies
    Exploration thats rewarding.

1 difficulty thats not dark souls hard but not max level skyrim on easy either

Go to other lands realms etc lets go to akavir or deadlands some planes hoping not gonna like after skyrim and eso the generic rolling hills and trees theme is getting boring and stale only have so many virtually identical sceneries. Also an entire new armor dev crew and on a game engine that can render actual phsyics and have capes and hair that move
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SGT_Wolfe101st well what can I say? I don't like consoles :D besides this its about my wildest dream also you go ahead and tell me how to fit a 10 button action bar or more and swapping on a controller.
    @Uviryth WoW 2 didn't happened and don't think it will... only Destiny 2 happened...(when you feel that you just didn't failed enough the 1st time!)

That's fine but how is the existence of consoles bothering you? In what why has that diminished the game? Who wants a 10 action bar?
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • DedEmbryonicCell19
    DedEmbryonicCell19
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure why we would need a second instalment .. isn't the point of an MMO, is to build on what you already have?

Can't really vote since none of them cover, Not Needed ..
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have a better idea!
    No Wrobel.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have a better idea!
    Not sure why we would need a second instalment .. isn't the point of an MMO, is to build on what you already have?

Can't really vote since none of them cover, Not Needed ..

Well, lots of MMOs have sequels.

At some point it can be easier to start fresh than to keep trying to improve/refactor existing code.
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Different Era

You cannot build much on what you already have. Yes, you can add new modules to the base game though, but it's almost impossible to rebuild something already existed. It is too hard, it will cost a lot of money and time, and it may cause a lot of problems in code in the future.
    You can do tweaks, you can add new zones. But... To do underwater gameplay in ESO? Get rid of loading screens between world zones and/or houses? Make meaningfull PvP in overland zones? Implement vampires/werewolfs/necromancers and do it that they can fit in existing gameplay mechanics and story well? Nah, not gonna happen.
    That's why they make sequels and 2.0 versions in programs/games.
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vimora wrote: »
    Different devs.

Yet again greed hungry ones like smaug...
  • DedEmbryonicCell19
    DedEmbryonicCell19
    ✭✭✭
    Eremith wrote: »

You cannot build much on what you already have. Yes, you can add new modules to the base game though, but it's almost impossible to rebuild something already existed. It is too hard, it will cost a lot of money and time, and it may cause a lot of problems in code in the future.
    You can do tweaks, you can add new zones. But... To do underwater gameplay in ESO? Get rid of loading screens between world zones and/or houses? Make meaningfull PvP in overland zones? Implement vampires/werewolfs/necromancers and do it that they can fit in existing gameplay mechanics and story well? Nah, not gonna happen.

LOL .. You don't need to totally make a new game to implement those things ..

ESO doesn't need an overhaul, it just needs tweaks and fixes .. some big, some small, but a complete overhaul isn't needed ..

You don't need to make a new game to implement underwater gameplay or PVP overland zones ..
  • Mangybeard
    Mangybeard
    ✭✭✭
    Planes of Oblivion and/or Ruined Tamriel
    For people asking why there's no poll options for certain things; this thread is really just about speculating on the future for the hell of it.

No reason not to have discussion on other things it just wasn't the original intent.
  • Aeorath
    Aeorath
    ✭✭✭
    I have a better idea!
    Mangybeard wrote: »
    Keep in mind this won't happen for ages if ever. Just use your imagination anyway if you want. You could also just speculate future content if you want.

I've thought of a few possible scenarios.

1. New Continent: We've explored over half of Tamriel at this point. While it's likely a sequel would contain a few key zones here it's also likely a new continent would be featured to draw veterans of ESO back in. Akavir would be the likely choice here. We all know we want to go there.

2. Different Era: I think this would be the most basic way to launch a sequel. I'm not sure how likely it is, but it would probably be pretty simple to design compared to Akavir or:

3. Planes of Oblivion and/or Ruined Tamriel: This idea would be a centered around Tamriel at the end of a long cycle. Daedric princes have invaded and reshaped the world, or are in the process of doing so. We would see a lot of travelling to other realms and zones would be completely different due to the destructive nature of some princes. Dragons could return again as well and finally fulfill the prophecy in Skyrim.

Auction house. Just that.
  • CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mic1007 wrote: »
    Fallout Online. :p

ESO is fine the way it is without a replacement even in the long term. So yes Fallout.
    Xbox One NA Aldmeri Dominion
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a better idea!
    PRIVATE SERVERS and a Sandbox format. Give me the world and the races of Tamriel and let me build in it as I see fit and play only with those players I enjoy playing with. This would also open the game up to MODS!
    Edited by MornaBaine on January 16, 2018 8:38PM

• Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Different Era

1) LOL .. You don't need to totally make a new game to implement those things ..

2) ESO doesn't need an overhaul, it just needs tweaks and fixes .. some big, some small, but a complete overhaul isn't needed ..

3) You don't need to make a new game to implement underwater gameplay or PVP overland zones ..

1) Yes, you can do that all in an old game without making a new one. There're so many of such reconstructed games, yeah, for example... Em... Examples... Is there a single one actually?

2) ESO needs a combat overhaul, if you ask me. ESO needs AllianceWar questlines overhaul (Cadwell's Silver/Gold is silly and pathetic solution). ESO needs Cyrodiil overhaul since it's outdated and doesn't corresponds to the actual game status (both story-wise and ESO's selling point wise (it's not a game about AllianceWar anymore)) at all. It's my IMHO, of course. But your opinion that ESO doesn't need overhaul is your IMHO as well.

3) Imagine how you can make PvP in overlands now in the current ESO. I can't imagine that. To make such big changes you need a new story, a new era, a new main conflict. You can't just switch PvP-mode ON, it's not a good way. Although ZOS made just PvP-mode OFF in One Tamriel, seems like they think it's Ok to act like that.
    Underwater... They'll never make it. No matter how long people will ask for it. No matter how loud people will cry about it. They won't make it. Because it will consume too many resources, too much money. The game wasn't designed with such things in mind. I know that. You'll see that.

I'll try to explain my point of view again because it seems like you don't understand. I know that they actually can do whatever they want in the game. I'm not an idiot, I know what program code is and how it works. I'm just telling that they won't do this because there're too many reasons to not do this. Money, technical issues, time, people. You can expect tweaks and new zones/items/visuals, but don't expect overhaul, zone rebuild or big game engine changes.
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Thats why they hire a team to work on the update while the normal team works on what we have. It makes a lot more sense to consolidate, than to split the fanbase.
  • xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
    xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
    ✭✭✭
    sequels these days are just more of the same thing we got in the first one.
    i think most people would rather have a better eso than "broken game 2.0"
    even if the made n released eso 2 i wouldn't be buying it. probably never buy another zos game again.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vimora wrote: »
    Different devs.

^^^
    Amazing how much a game with this much potential has fallen. My experience in this game has opened my eyes to just how much greed and lack of experience can hurt a game.

It’s not the whole Dev team either. I think most of them are fantastic.

Imagine if Nick Konkle never left.... :disappointed:
    Edited by Vaoh on January 16, 2018 9:26PM
  • Thorgar
    Thorgar
    ✭✭✭
    Different Era
    different era maybe after Skyrim story? would be best i think after 4E 201:)
    Edited by Thorgar on January 16, 2018 9:29PM

...are Bretons then mongrels,or paragons?
    The answer,of course,is both(though if you call a Breton
    a mongrel,he is liable to feed you an inch or two of steel).
    The passionate race of Bretons embodies the strengths
    of both men and mer-as well as there flaws.

-The Bretons: mongrels or paragons?
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ESO 2 would be awesome.

- Ultra fast Data transfer ( that means NO LAG )
    - Built for VR
    - Awesome Graphics ( video cards will be 1000X better than they are now, and 4d monitors will be out by then )

However there will be a few problems
    - You will need to buy stam and mag packs in the crown store to play the game
    - All crown store items will be moved to crown crates

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a better idea!
    mongoLC wrote: »
    Long as there is a new lead combat designer sure it will be better than this one.

you said it... :)
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a better idea!
    I want proper role based dungeon crawling (and I mean crawling, not a foot race thru mobs.. which should just get you killed by the first trap you fail to see.).

Improved combat particularly for bow ranged weapons.
  • Naomi_K
    Naomi_K
    ✭✭✭
    I have a better idea!
    I don't want ESO 2. There is so much in this game I haven't explored yet. I'm happy with new quest zones being added and new game features and improvements.
    PC EU
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly by the time ESO 2 comes out most of us will be jobless and AI interfaces will be mapped to our brains so we will be able to play ESO 2 all the time.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Vimora
    Vimora
    ✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    Honestly by the time ESO 2 comes out most of us will be jobless and AI interfaces will be mapped to our brains so we will be able to play ESO 2 all the time.

I agree with you on this.
This discussion has been closed.