Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Just for fun: What would an ideal ESO 2 look like?

• Majeure
    Majeure
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good ideas but would like to see them in current build
    There's no need for an ESO 2, just keep adding to and fixing the existing game.

One thing I'd love to see one day would be to have no loading screens between zones, where you could walk to and from anywhere without experiencing a loading screen. Probably never going to happen, but there it is.
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a better idea!
    aliyavana wrote: »
    no eso 2 please

This
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO 2 in 3D and Smell-A-Vision .

smell-o-vision-ohroma.jpg?ver=1
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on January 16, 2018 6:00AM
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I do NOT want to smell you.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I do NOT want to smell you.

Yes you do ! Tbaggings just got real !
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have a better idea!
    Pre Morrowind <3
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a better idea!
    i dont care what it is as long as zos doesnt make it or figures out what is going wrong in their company. if another zos mmo came out (eso 2 as you say, or fallout online) i could only assume it will run the same way. Especially when it comes to the scandalous performance issues, especially pvp.

so my idea is, whatever the game is, have someone else handle it. Or at the very least handle the servers.
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a better idea!
    Just don'! :D
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Post Oblivion Crisis
    Pre Skyrim.

100 years might not seem like a ton of time but damn if a lot didn't happen in that time period that I would really like to see 1st hand instead of just reading about it in Skyrim.

See the Rise of the 2nd Aldmeri Dominion, take part in the Great War, watch Argonians conquer much of Morrowind, etc.
    Argonian forever
  • SilverPaws
    SilverPaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a better idea!
    More khajiits and khajiit content.
    Edited by SilverPaws on January 16, 2018 8:47AM
  • Uviryth
    Uviryth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good ideas but would like to see them in current build
    Its about a decade too early to be talking about ESO 2
  • Getern
    Getern
    ✭✭✭
    I have a better idea!
    Vimora wrote: »
    Different devs.

This is so true tho
    Edited by Getern on January 16, 2018 8:58AM
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    On a tangent here, but something is gonna have to give at the end of the current console cycle. Either a new ESO game or will have to allow mass account transfers.
  • Bax
    Bax
    ✭✭✭
    Mic1007 wrote: »
    Fallout Online. :p

I always liked origin stories :)
  • Heka Cain
    Heka Cain
    ✭✭✭
    ESO 2 would resemble a never ending line of confused devs, taking turns to try and polish a rather large and very stinky metaphysical turd!
  • teiselaise
    teiselaise
    ✭✭✭
    I have a better idea!
    Including no thank you answers in polls simulator

That would be my ideal eso2
    Argonian masterrace
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've put so much time and money into ESO, I don't want an ESO2. Instead, they should keep adding stuff to ESO, fix bugs, upgrade the graphics once they're too outdated, etc.
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -same world with access to the REST of the nirn...no Cyrodill crap but OVERLAND PVP! and CONTESTED TERITORIES with perfect lag-free environment and 80% balanced classes
    -Complete REMOVAL of Crown Crates(the store is good the crates are not.)
    -solid PvE progression
    -PvP rank ups with Ranked Arenas starting from 1v1 up to 5vs5 with a PvP specific reward system and "rewards"(sets/weapons/etc...)
    -farming or plantations(green houses similar to what we had in skyrim?, if I could actually plant and grow my own weeds I would buy a house but so far just to overstuff it with furniture nobody is going to see I don't see a point...but the ability to actually plant and grow weeds? that I would pay good money for it...would I use it to grow moonsugar plants? well of course!...Khajiit uses moonsugar as a spice, this one is honest! *slowly hiding the skooma bubblers*)
    -"more" GORE( aka brutality pack specified in countless threads)
    -sailing(boat building?)
    -diving(yes, argonians rejoice.)
    -Piracy( yargh!)
    -no more excesive amount of wayshrines(beautiful world ignored by the milion of wayshrines every 100 meters...mounts got fat in our stables for no purpose at all)
    -obviously no flying mounts(Unless Sotha Sil pumps up evolution to provide me with AA batteries or Flak Cannons so I can shoot them down whenever I see fit...to make it rain with blood and nourish the land we walk upon.)*yes that much hate for flying mounts*
    -no more 3958395839859385 loading sequences between small stuff like entering a house or a bank...stuff like that(yes I know the void plane of most stuff which makes the current E$O space so deep...probably id love to have a house that's inside the actual walls instead of a borehole 500m beneath the earth surface as it is now...*check rawl'kha bank if you need ez proof*)
    -no more zone loading boxes ( yes its frustrating as it is...but the world shouldn't be locked by damn stupid loading screens)
    -no more phases(1st step was already done by removing the things we had on launch...time to fully remove it)
    -current+new weapon types(crossbows/fist weapons/polearms and more that should had been in to the game and also countless other posts and threads been made and demanded since 4 years ago)
    -x2 ignore list (ha who wouldn't?)
    -no more consoles(we have suffered enough for it already)
    -wider access to skill bars
    -reworked class skill lines+skills
    -additional class skills
    -more and better passive skills
    -trading caravans
    -player bounties in region( adding up to the overland pvp...oh yeah the most wanted cat to ever walk on nirn...still dreaming)
    -skyrim animation for vampire feeding(yes still disappointed with the current draining thing...common that's not how we feed people!)
    -wider option variation for graphic tweaks(so we can have people able to run this game on toasters if they want and those who can afford to run it on nuclear power plants while benefitting from it)
    -even better graphics
    -removing the far away fog(really...everyone walking on Nirn suffers from myopia since we cant see whats farther than 200 meters but a white dense fog? =.=)
    -ragdolls
    -advanced character creation variables
    -voice acting player character( its getting old with the current "select ur answer and the npc u talk with starts to reply...we want to hear our voice)
    -voice acted player emotes/jokes and such(the only thing we hear right now from our character are screams and whimpers...people...I think we have already developed the ability to use vocal sounds known as "WORDS" in order to comunicate with each other...right now...we are some clobbering troglodytes..."
    -Mounted combat(wtf why not)
    -Horse Racing(mounted racing w/e)
    -War Banners (Dro'm-Athra can why cant we?)
    -Race-sub species(hello? khajiit breeds? argonian strains? pretty sure you can find stuff for the lesser beings as well known as men and mer.)
    -Daedric Princes allegiance/worship (with pros and cons ofc...)
    -put back soft/hard caps
    -improved siege weapons/possible skill lines/experience?
    -kids(fine...why not at this point...the world wont fill itself.)
    -the ability to assassinate kids(blade of woe not included.)
    -Custom character Description( yeah...I would love to be able to write my own character description/story/past etc...)
    -Inspect Options
    -Achievement Compare option(noobs/fakers begone!)
    -Ability to walk while holding a torch(really zo$...we can save the world but we still cant walk while holding a torch?)
    -Better Grouping Tool
    -No more trial/dungeon fast travel(move ur arses, its gona do good to ur legs)
    -Better Death Animations...
    -no more floating trees and bushes...(no there are no planes no there are no UFO's they are bushes!)
    -edge climbing
    -ladder climbing animation
    -ladders
    -probably more but im kind of tired now of all this dreaming..
    . :(
    K6dYnAY.jpg
    Signed by your friendly Xenomorph.

I was on board with most of your list but you had to be an ass and say "no more consoles"... Why? 2/3 of the player base is on console, we fund the game you love just as much as PC does, if not more. If this were a purely PC title it wouldn't be nearly what it is today. If you so hung up on PC only titles go play one of the hundreds that are available.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aren't any and all further "versions" of ESO just going to be incorporated into the current version? Isn't that how this game was always supposed to work; be forever evolving and growing? .....well, maybe not forever, but ya'll get the point hopefully.....
    Edited by Cavedog on January 16, 2018 2:33PM
  • CardboardedBox
    CardboardedBox
    ✭✭✭✭
    -fallout online

-Akavir
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MMOs do not need second parts. I absolutely hated how they did that with Destiny. Its simple really. You work on the " sequel " while the current one runs, then release a huge update that overhauls what we have and delivers a new game as well!
  • Vimora
    Vimora
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cavedog wrote: »
    Aren't any and all further "versions" of ESO just going to be incorporated into the current version? Isn't that how this game was always supposed to work; be forever evolving and growing?

They can push this for 10 more years, then there will be no one left on Earth who plays it. My biggest issue here is the graphics and combat already feel outdated. Especially the way they handle view distance, I felt it was bad the first time I played this game and to this day it really bothers me. Sure, there will be people who never leave, they will never be interested in newer and better games, so ESO will only die when these loyal folks grow out of video gaming. ESO 2 no sooner than 2030, I guess.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a better idea!
    somewhere else in the timeline, earlier or later, doesn´t matter.
    and if PvP should be involved, pls put it on own server with own gear etc, just your toons should be there like on the pts.
  • GoonyGoat
    GoonyGoat
    ✭✭✭✭
    -same world with access to the REST of the nirn...no Cyrodill crap but OVERLAND PVP! and CONTESTED TERITORIES with perfect lag-free environment and 80% balanced classes
    -Complete REMOVAL of Crown Crates(the store is good the crates are not.)
    -solid PvE progression
    -PvP rank ups with Ranked Arenas starting from 1v1 up to 5vs5 with a PvP specific reward system and "rewards"(sets/weapons/etc...)
    -farming or plantations(green houses similar to what we had in skyrim?, if I could actually plant and grow my own weeds I would buy a house but so far just to overstuff it with furniture nobody is going to see I don't see a point...but the ability to actually plant and grow weeds? that I would pay good money for it...would I use it to grow moonsugar plants? well of course!...Khajiit uses moonsugar as a spice, this one is honest! *slowly hiding the skooma bubblers*)
    -"more" GORE( aka brutality pack specified in countless threads)
    -sailing(boat building?)
    -diving(yes, argonians rejoice.)
    -Piracy( yargh!)
    -no more excesive amount of wayshrines(beautiful world ignored by the milion of wayshrines every 100 meters...mounts got fat in our stables for no purpose at all)
    -obviously no flying mounts(Unless Sotha Sil pumps up evolution to provide me with AA batteries or Flak Cannons so I can shoot them down whenever I see fit...to make it rain with blood and nourish the land we walk upon.)*yes that much hate for flying mounts*
    -no more 3958395839859385 loading sequences between small stuff like entering a house or a bank...stuff like that(yes I know the void plane of most stuff which makes the current E$O space so deep...probably id love to have a house that's inside the actual walls instead of a borehole 500m beneath the earth surface as it is now...*check rawl'kha bank if you need ez proof*)
    -no more zone loading boxes ( yes its frustrating as it is...but the world shouldn't be locked by damn stupid loading screens)
    -no more phases(1st step was already done by removing the things we had on launch...time to fully remove it)
    -current+new weapon types(crossbows/fist weapons/polearms and more that should had been in to the game and also countless other posts and threads been made and demanded since 4 years ago)
    -x2 ignore list (ha who wouldn't?)
    -no more consoles(we have suffered enough for it already)
    -wider access to skill bars
    -reworked class skill lines+skills
    -additional class skills
    -more and better passive skills
    -trading caravans
    -player bounties in region( adding up to the overland pvp...oh yeah the most wanted cat to ever walk on nirn...still dreaming)
    -skyrim animation for vampire feeding(yes still disappointed with the current draining thing...common that's not how we feed people!)
    -wider option variation for graphic tweaks(so we can have people able to run this game on toasters if they want and those who can afford to run it on nuclear power plants while benefitting from it)
    -even better graphics
    -removing the far away fog(really...everyone walking on Nirn suffers from myopia since we cant see whats farther than 200 meters but a white dense fog? =.=)
    -ragdolls
    -advanced character creation variables
    -voice acting player character( its getting old with the current "select ur answer and the npc u talk with starts to reply...we want to hear our voice)
    -voice acted player emotes/jokes and such(the only thing we hear right now from our character are screams and whimpers...people...I think we have already developed the ability to use vocal sounds known as "WORDS" in order to comunicate with each other...right now...we are some clobbering troglodytes..."
    -Mounted combat(wtf why not)
    -Horse Racing(mounted racing w/e)
    -War Banners (Dro'm-Athra can why cant we?)
    -Race-sub species(hello? khajiit breeds? argonian strains? pretty sure you can find stuff for the lesser beings as well known as men and mer.)
    -Daedric Princes allegiance/worship (with pros and cons ofc...)
    -put back soft/hard caps
    -improved siege weapons/possible skill lines/experience?
    -kids(fine...why not at this point...the world wont fill itself.)
    -the ability to assassinate kids(blade of woe not included.)
    -Custom character Description( yeah...I would love to be able to write my own character description/story/past etc...)
    -Inspect Options
    -Achievement Compare option(noobs/fakers begone!)
    -Ability to walk while holding a torch(really zo$...we can save the world but we still cant walk while holding a torch?)
    -Better Grouping Tool
    -No more trial/dungeon fast travel(move ur arses, its gona do good to ur legs)
    -Better Death Animations...
    -no more floating trees and bushes...(no there are no planes no there are no UFO's they are bushes!)
    -edge climbing
    -ladder climbing animation
    -ladders
    -probably more but im kind of tired now of all this dreaming..
    . :(
    K6dYnAY.jpg
    Signed by your friendly Xenomorph.

That's a bold statement
  • Dracofyre
    Dracofyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    we would have John Carter theme that take 2,000 years later as Thalmorians being hunting down due to they use magic too much that turn the world into "darksun", then we use steam-engine power like Jules Vern's vision.

magic is forbidden
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Different Era
    BGS has TESVI in preproduction. They have to work closely with ZOS to make sure everything matches. I'm sure they have good reasons why they don't want to develop it right now...

ESO still has a lot of areas in Tamriel to fill up. Most of what was recorded in the 1st and 2nd era was lost. That said, I'd love a game set in the 1st era. Some weird stuff was going on during that time, and technology/magic was far more advanced.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a better idea!
    @SGT_Wolfe101st well what can I say? I don't like consoles :D besides this its about my wildest dream also you go ahead and tell me how to fit a 10 button action bar or more and swapping on a controller.
    @Uviryth WoW 2 didn't happened and don't think it will... only Destiny 2 happened...(when you feel that you just didn't failed enough the 1st time!)
  • Balamoor
    Balamoor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We found out with EQ2 and with AC2 how bad of an idea sequels are for MMO's.

They should keep improving ESO, and take a page from Turbine after the MoM expansion, in the way that they balanced refined the Business model and removed the games toxic community elements.

• dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep the setting in the TES universe, but ditch current combat, class, and skill line systems. Move toward more action/combo focused combat. Have classes constructed with unique identity in mind, but keep a tighter leash on player’s ability to make terrible builds. Don’t at first hide relevant HUD info like damage numbers, dot/hot/buff counters, player resource numbers, and enemy hp percentages, etc.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ES VI
This discussion has been closed.