Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Just for fun: What would an ideal ESO 2 look like?

Mangybeard
Mangybeard
✭✭✭
Keep in mind this won't happen for ages if ever. Just use your imagination anyway if you want. You could also just speculate future content if you want.

I've thought of a few possible scenarios.

1. New Continent: We've explored over half of Tamriel at this point. While it's likely a sequel would contain a few key zones here it's also likely a new continent would be featured to draw veterans of ESO back in. Akavir would be the likely choice here. We all know we want to go there.

2. Different Era: I think this would be the most basic way to launch a sequel. I'm not sure how likely it is, but it would probably be pretty simple to design compared to Akavir or:

3. Planes of Oblivion and/or Ruined Tamriel: This idea would be a centered around Tamriel at the end of a long cycle. Daedric princes have invaded and reshaped the world, or are in the process of doing so. We would see a lot of travelling to other realms and zones would be completely different due to the destructive nature of some princes. Dragons could return again as well and finally fulfill the prophecy in Skyrim.
Edited by Mangybeard on January 16, 2018 12:09AM

Just for fun: What would an ideal ESO 2 look like? 248 votes

New Continent
6%
aarolmstedb14_ESOLuxofojo82Shadow_AkulaNyladreasKram8ionTheImperfectMarabornwingrionNocturnalanMajesticHarukiTelvanniWizardPrinceSkippyKumba_Yafar4ngndoc_ketamineLoneStar2911WiseSky 17 votes
Different Era
39%
rfennell_ESOvailjohn_ESOMoloch1514otis67Remag_DivMadyLadyAstrumleetacakesb16_ESOScardyFoxkwandokari-pekka.hamalaineneb17_ESOmadeeh91rwb17_ESOGatheredMystAlex_LexerebozOmniDobottleofsyrupShaloknirkongkimThorgar 98 votes
Planes of Oblivion and/or Ruined Tamriel
11%
AlienSlofeserras7b16_ESOSPE825KanarAdzyTaylorCh4mpTWjcacereswMangybeardApheriusLarianaallup8679Actually_GokususmitdsTreemagnetVrenktalethAethereal'GoldenAlexanderDeLargeElectrone_Magnusprimethief147 28 votes
Good ideas but would like to see them in current build
19%
GilvothAzarulJaxious79Iruil_ESOBleakravenphilips666_18b16_ESODhariusLumiMajeurefalcasternub18_ESOAlisyraChickensteinanothermeUvirythJuzzDavordarkstar2084dan958Tan9oSucckadeadvolt 48 votes
I have a better idea!
22%
MisterBigglesworthAlchemicalAcrolasNewBlacksmurfAzuryaBam_BamNerouynxenowarrior92eb17_ESOjarydfSpacemonkeyMornaBainephermitgbReiflaoTapio75SorisStovahkiinIlluvatarrLucyferLightbringerOrphanHelgen 57 votes
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a better idea!
    Fallout Online. :p
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Vimora
    Vimora
    ✭✭✭✭
    Different devs.
  • Mangybeard
    Mangybeard
    ✭✭✭
    Vimora wrote: »
    Different devs.

Buuuuurn
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Different Era
    Different era from what you posted, but I also have a better idea. Most people never wanted ESO to happen, but got it anyway. For some it has been a pleasant surprise, for others a disappointment (these people are not playing or stopped early on). What most people really wanted was a coop TES game. In ESO your immersion evaporates quickly when you see a glowing, naked Argonian riding his fabricant camel mount through Eastmarch and the same thing happens when too many people are crowding on the same spot. That immersion is a feeling this game just can't give you right now outside of your home or in small and unimportant towns. This is what I would want instead or be considered in ESO2.
    Edited by Ratzkifal on January 16, 2018 12:21AM
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no eso 2 please
  • Vimora
    Vimora
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, I can be serious... I'm gonna prove it.

In ESO 2, I want better graphics. There.
  • Kiara
    Kiara
    ✭✭✭
    I have a better idea!
    Let us focus on TES VI!

Also, new continent idea, which is awesome on its core, would be lore breaking because of few reasons like "kalpas" or simple fact Beth never made any game on different continent leaving it as total mystery.

Buuut, what would you think about this daedric realms idea? We could play as different varietes of daedra (which btw would explain immortality of our character) and see how these things work from their point of view.

But no ESO 2. Just another single player game, or some spin-off please ^.^
  • Vimora
    Vimora
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh wait... no, I want better combat first. Please, better action combat like BDO. Then, graphics. Then, I don't know, less magic BS and better thought-out stories.

If I could just merge ESO and BDO and keep the best of both woulds, that would cut it for me.
  • mongoLC
    mongoLC
    ✭✭✭✭
    Long as there is a new lead combat designer sure it will be better than this one.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With all the money I've sunk into this game in the past year, if they ever ditched it for an ESO 2 I would simply stop playing.
  • Mangybeard
    Mangybeard
    ✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »
    no eso 2 please
    Kiara wrote: »
    Let us focus on TES VI!

Also, new continent idea, which is awesome on its core, would be lore breaking because of few reasons like "kalpas" or simple fact Beth never made any game on different continent leaving it as total mystery.

Buuut, what would you think about this daedric realms idea? We could play as different varietes of daedra (which btw would explain immortality of our character) and see how these things work from their point of view.

That daedric realms idea sounds fun! I would love that in a single-player game actually.

As for no ESO 2, like I said it would be a long time away if at all so this post is more about speculating for fun. Just what-if scenarios that could be possible in the future, however unlikely.
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    Different era from what you posted, but I also have a better idea. Most people never wanted ESO to happen, but got it anyway. For some it has been a pleasant surprise, for others a disappointment (these people are not playing or stopped early on). What most people really wanted was a coop TES game. In ESO your immersion evaporates quickly when you see a glowing, naked Argonian riding his fabricant camel mount through Eastmarch and the same thing happens when too many people are crowding on the same spot. That immersion is a feeling this game just can't give you right now outside of your home or in small and unimportant towns. This is what I would want instead or be considered in ESO2.

I agree with that. Sometimes I'll get a couple hours in and be really immersed and then when I go back to a town it's completely ruined. I haven't experienced an MMO that has solved this but it still might be worth trying!
    Oh wait... no, I want better combat first. Please, better action combat like BDO. Then, graphics. Then, I don't know, less magic BS and better thought-out stories.

If I could just merge ESO and BDO and keep the best of both woulds, that would cut it for me.

One day, my brother.
    Edited by Mangybeard on January 16, 2018 12:39AM
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 7:27PM
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a better idea!
    22r2mj.jpg

XBOPC_ERROR_LOGINFAIL.PNG
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a better idea!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znp3JGnsnXE[flash]

Or wait that's ESO 1.
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a better idea!
    I'm on that Divinity Original Sin 2 kick lately, so basically just clone THAT, but with Elder Scrolls lore and setting, 4-player co-op or single player with 4 custom characters.
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a better idea!
    -same world with access to the REST of the nirn...no Cyrodill crap but OVERLAND PVP! and CONTESTED TERITORIES with perfect lag-free environment and 80% balanced classes
    -Complete REMOVAL of Crown Crates(the store is good the crates are not.)
    -solid PvE progression
    -PvP rank ups with Ranked Arenas starting from 1v1 up to 5vs5 with a PvP specific reward system and "rewards"(sets/weapons/etc...)
    -farming or plantations(green houses similar to what we had in skyrim?, if I could actually plant and grow my own weeds I would buy a house but so far just to overstuff it with furniture nobody is going to see I don't see a point...but the ability to actually plant and grow weeds? that I would pay good money for it...would I use it to grow moonsugar plants? well of course!...Khajiit uses moonsugar as a spice, this one is honest! *slowly hiding the skooma bubblers*)
    -"more" GORE( aka brutality pack specified in countless threads)
    -sailing(boat building?)
    -diving(yes, argonians rejoice.)
    -Piracy( yargh!)
    -no more excesive amount of wayshrines(beautiful world ignored by the milion of wayshrines every 100 meters...mounts got fat in our stables for no purpose at all)
    -obviously no flying mounts(Unless Sotha Sil pumps up evolution to provide me with AA batteries or Flak Cannons so I can shoot them down whenever I see fit...to make it rain with blood and nourish the land we walk upon.)*yes that much hate for flying mounts*
    -no more 3958395839859385 loading sequences between small stuff like entering a house or a bank...stuff like that(yes I know the void plane of most stuff which makes the current E$O space so deep...probably id love to have a house that's inside the actual walls instead of a borehole 500m beneath the earth surface as it is now...*check rawl'kha bank if you need ez proof*)
    -no more zone loading boxes ( yes its frustrating as it is...but the world shouldn't be locked by damn stupid loading screens)
    -no more phases(1st step was already done by removing the things we had on launch...time to fully remove it)
    -current+new weapon types(crossbows/fist weapons/polearms and more that should had been in to the game and also countless other posts and threads been made and demanded since 4 years ago)
    -x2 ignore list (ha who wouldn't?)
    -no more consoles(we have suffered enough for it already)
    -wider access to skill bars
    -reworked class skill lines+skills
    -additional class skills
    -more and better passive skills
    -trading caravans
    -player bounties in region( adding up to the overland pvp...oh yeah the most wanted cat to ever walk on nirn...still dreaming)
    -skyrim animation for vampire feeding(yes still disappointed with the current draining thing...common that's not how we feed people!)
    -wider option variation for graphic tweaks(so we can have people able to run this game on toasters if they want and those who can afford to run it on nuclear power plants while benefitting from it)
    -even better graphics
    -removing the far away fog(really...everyone walking on Nirn suffers from myopia since we cant see whats farther than 200 meters but a white dense fog? =.=)
    -ragdolls
    -advanced character creation variables
    -voice acting player character( its getting old with the current "select ur answer and the npc u talk with starts to reply...we want to hear our voice)
    -voice acted player emotes/jokes and such(the only thing we hear right now from our character are screams and whimpers...people...I think we have already developed the ability to use vocal sounds known as "WORDS" in order to comunicate with each other...right now...we are some clobbering troglodytes..."
    -Mounted combat(wtf why not)
    -Horse Racing(mounted racing w/e)
    -War Banners (Dro'm-Athra can why cant we?)
    -Race-sub species(hello? khajiit breeds? argonian strains? pretty sure you can find stuff for the lesser beings as well known as men and mer.)
    -Daedric Princes allegiance/worship (with pros and cons ofc...)
    -put back soft/hard caps
    -improved siege weapons/possible skill lines/experience?
    -kids(fine...why not at this point...the world wont fill itself.)
    -the ability to assassinate kids(blade of woe not included.)
    -Custom character Description( yeah...I would love to be able to write my own character description/story/past etc...)
    -Inspect Options
    -Achievement Compare option(noobs/fakers begone!)
    -Ability to walk while holding a torch(really zo$...we can save the world but we still cant walk while holding a torch?)
    -Better Grouping Tool
    -No more trial/dungeon fast travel(move ur arses, its gona do good to ur legs)
    -Better Death Animations...
    -no more floating trees and bushes...(no there are no planes no there are no UFO's they are bushes!)
    -edge climbing
    -ladder climbing animation
    -ladders
    -probably more but im kind of tired now of all this dreaming..
    . :(
    K6dYnAY.jpg
    Signed by your friendly Xenomorph.
    Edited by xenowarrior92eb17_ESO on January 16, 2018 2:28AM
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a better idea!

for all that is holy...don't you dare to bring that filth here...don't even mention it again.
  • TennesseeNord
    TennesseeNord
    ✭✭
    Mangybeard wrote: »
    Keep in mind this won't happen for ages if ever. Just use your imagination anyway if you want. You could also just speculate future content if you want.

1. New Continent: We've explored over half of Tamriel at this point. While it's likely a sequel would contain a few key zones here it's also likely a new continent would be featured to draw veterans of ESO back in. Akavir would be the likely choice here. We all know we want to go there.

2. Different Era: I think this would be the most basic way to launch a sequel. I'm not sure how likely it is, but it would probably be pretty simple to design compared to Akavir or:

3. Planes of Oblivion and/or Ruined Tamriel: This idea would be a centered around Tamriel at the end of a long cycle. Daedric princes have invaded and reshaped the world, or are in the process of doing so. We would see a lot of travelling to other realms and zones would be completely different due to the destructive nature of some princes. Dragons could return again as well and finally fulfill the prophecy in Skyrim.

New Continent really isn't an option if you've read Elder Scrolls lore. They're all either tiny or have been destroyed. And most of the current races of Tamriel are descendants of conquers from those continents that settled in Tamriel.
    Skyrim belongs to the Nords!!
  • Smmokkee
    Smmokkee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a better idea!
    Improve on ESO 1
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Different Era
    Honestly I'd love it if it was placed in the 1st Era or in the Merethic Era. Probably the 1st, since that's when all those other (mostly dead) races are present. I'd love to see something like that.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a better idea!
    Basically the combat of 1.5 but tweaked + all content we have right now
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a better idea!
    • No templars
    • no bretons
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Different Era
    Just let me sail the open seas
  • Mangybeard
    Mangybeard
    ✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »
    no eso 2 please
    Kiara wrote: »
    Let us focus on TES VI!

That daedric realms idea sounds fun! I would love that in a single-player game actually.

As for no ESO 2, like I said it would be a long time away if at all so this post is more about speculating for fun. Just what-if scenarios that could be possible in the future, however unlikely.
    Ratzkifal wrote: »

I agree with that. Sometimes I'll get a couple hours in and be really immersed and then when I go back to a town it's completely ruined. I haven't experienced an MMO that has solved this but it still might be worth trying!

New Continent really isn't an option if you've read Elder Scrolls lore. They're all either tiny or have been destroyed. And most of the current races of Tamriel are descendants of conquers from those continents that settled in Tamriel.

Akavir still exists in the lore. There just hasn't been hardly any contact except for very specific times during certain eras. It's believed that 4 races still exist there.

The Nerevarine traveled there and was never heard from again after the events of TES: III. We're well before that so it hasn't been destroyed yet.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have a better idea!
    Bc Destiny 2 did so well...

...it didn’t

Instead of a eso 2 I rather have a full blown true expansion. Not this cheap dlc I mean chapter stuff.
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a better idea!
    Survival mode against NPCs that can be tweaked with patches to counter whatever the meta is. Something like holding a hill with fall back positions and finally a fort and last as long as you can.

Survival mode where you are teleported into a plane of oblivion with a bunch of other people in a FFA death match. Nameless people who remain nameless until they die.

The rest of ESO 2 would be so big and require so many people and time to put together I couldn't paint a full picture other than to make it as time sinky and enjoyable as possible. Time sinky and enjoyable are what a good mmorpg is.
  • Mangybeard
    Mangybeard
    ✭✭✭
    Bc Destiny 2 did so well...

...it didn’t

Instead of a eso 2 I rather have a full blown true expansion. Not this cheap dlc I mean chapter stuff.

A full blown expansion the size of one of the alliance territories would be pretty great. Maybe someday if the game keeps growing.

Ruckly wrote: »
    Survival mode against NPCs that can be tweaked with patches to counter whatever the meta is. Something like holding a hill with fall back positions and finally a fort and last as long as you can.

Survival mode where you are teleported into a plane of oblivion with a bunch of other people in a FFA death match. Nameless people who remain nameless until they die.

The rest of ESO 2 would be so big and require so many people and time to put together I couldn't paint a full picture other than to make it as time sinky and enjoyable as possible. Time sinky and enjoyable are what a good mmorpg is.

It's ok to play different games at the same time. Having a fortnight mode would be fun for a while but the implementation would need to be really unique if they wanted to keep people playing it instead of just going to a game that was designed with that in mind.

But maybe a new engine would make it easier.

• Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No more megaservers.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Different Era
    Bethesda doesn't want to work on an ES:6, so let Zenimax do it. 4th Era MMO Post-Skyrim.
    • Much larger playable map more defined on Central Tamriel, specifically Cyrodiil and parts of the surrounding Provinces. Not having to design the entire continent means making what land there is much larger scaled and more detailed.
    • Story ties into the aftermath of the Dragon Crisis in Skyrim and the Empire's struggle with it's Peace Treaty with the Dominion.
    • Players can choose to either align with the Imperial Legion, or the Thalmor, or go Independent. Allegiance can alter decision choices in the story.
    • Because of the Thalmor's strict viewpoint on the other Races, players will be restricted in their Allegiance options based on the Race of their characters, (with no "Any Race, Any Alliance" upgrade this time around). High Elves cannot join the Legion and Imperials cannot join the Thalmor etc.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why would there be a sequel?
This discussion has been closed.