The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Fix Templar

• cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Well, it WAS broken before, so. Instead of just fixing what was wrong though, ZOS decided to have a go at a different, only losely related issue and in the process managed to break basically everything about the skill.

Not exactly the first time this happened to Templar skills either.
    Edited by cazlonb16_ESO on January 10, 2018 10:54AM
  • Mannix1958
    Mannix1958
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    Definitely needs a healing nerf. Heavy armor sword and shield Templars that can endlessly spam breath of life are beyond a joke.

Ummmm what year and version are YOU playing?
  • Animus-ESO
    Animus-ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    I have 800 ping on pts so can't test myself such things.
    1. Jabs don't heal - same exact bug was on previous pts and was fixed in a week. Apparently this one will be fixed in same time.
    2. Jabs missing - it might be their attempt to finally fix an old problem of incorrect landing zone during movement.
    Showed this previously:
    SZbYVHi.gif
    Long time ago, I believe after change jabs direction to follow character PoV instead of camera, jabs started to bug and wrongly calculate it cone area that resulted in missing targets in it cone during caster movement, even when zero lags involved.

Thanks for the feed back, hopefully we will get some feedback from zos one day.
    Dude Where's My Guar?
  • Animus-ESO
    Animus-ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm without a doubt that Puncturing Sweeps is no longer healing.

I'm almost afraid to ask.

Why does your tooltip say you heal for 18% of the damage done? It's 35% on Live.

Oh by the 8 divines I hope this is just a mistake when filling out the numbers.
    Dude Where's My Guar?
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Wrobel @ZOS_GinaBruno Are these issues being looked into? Not only with Sweeps not healing, but also the % of damage healing being done as reported above?!? It would really be bad if Templars came out of this patch even worse than they went into it!!
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why does your tooltip say you heal for 18% of the damage done? It's 35% on Live.

Mine says 35%. Could be a bug?

m4j9g4oqmmye.jpg

Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    im more worried of the hitbox fails than the heal...
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trashs1 wrote: »
    im more worried of the hitbox fails than the heal...

Same but if they are going to be diving under the hood to fix the heal, might as well buff it to 50% to account for the missing 15% from us losing major mending.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

m4j9g4oqmmye.jpg

he clearly used equilibrium at the beginning to lower his health so that he could show that sweeps was not healing, so that's why that is 18%.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on January 10, 2018 2:38PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

m4j9g4oqmmye.jpg

he clearly used equilibrium at the beginning to lower his health so that he could show that sweeps was not healing, so that's why that is 18%.

Lol thanks! I never use equilibrium so that would make sense.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, just checked on PTS myself and mine shows the normal 35%. However, hopefully they fix the fact that it's currently not healing and the calculation is still not correct for sweeps.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to say I'm surprised, but I'm not. Templar passives and skills have been clunky and broken for years now. Idk, I doubt anything will ever change and Templars are relegated to nothing but healbots - 'cus no other skill than mindlessly spamming BoL works :wink::wink::wink:

Happy times. Still a templar main until I resign from ESO though.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    Definitely needs a healing nerf. Heavy armor sword and shield Templars that can endlessly spam breath of life are beyond a joke.

Doesn't happen in light. Definitely a heavy problem.
    Doesn't happen to me. Definitely a L2P problem.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Add Backlash to the List as well, it's barely ever consistently exploding in PvE.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is disheartening. I've been teetering on not playing or just playing and focusing on just one character which was going to be my magplar I've had since launch. Guess I am going to wait and see how the patch plays out. Usually it starts with something broken that is then fixed, then a buff to something (probably RD fix this time) followed then by some last minute nerf. Honestly history says I should just us my sorc

Oh. Would be nice if they added the snare to the first hit of jabs/sweeps rather than the last. Been harping on that since it replaced the knock back.
    Edited by technohic on January 10, 2018 3:38PM
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    This is disheartening. I've been teetering on not playing or just playing and focusing on just one character which was going to be my magplar I've had since launch. Guess I am going to wait and see how the patch plays out. Usually it starts with something broken that is then fixed, then a buff to something (probably RD fix this time) followed then by some last minute nerf. Honestly history says I should just us my sorc

Oh. Would be nice if they added the snare to the first hit of jabs/sweeps rather than the last. Been harping on that since it replaced the knock back.

Nah bruh just only spam dizzy swing like I will have to next patch :trollface:
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My character on Live:

TVMtHaQ.png

My character on the PTS:

wzP5UF4.png

My damage on Live Vs. a Wrothgar Mammoth:

ctBnxbS.png

My damage on PTS Vs. a Wrothgar Mammoth:

Mq7Goak.jpg

Sweeps is less.

Burning Light is also hitting for less.

Interestingly, Structured entropy is hitting for exactly the same amount.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes i wonder if ZOS has an internal lottery for the combat balancing team where everyone draws a number of how many of the undocumented nerfs the community will catch before a patch makes it to live.
    Edited by Derra on January 10, 2018 4:04PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

@Joy_Division

Sometimes i wonder if ZOS has an internal lottery for the combat balancing team where everyone draws a number of how many of the undocumented nerfs the community will catch before a patch makes it to live.

Whoever bets on Templars is on the money train, that's for sure :smiley:
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A_G_G_R_O wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »

Nah bruh just only spam dizzy swing like I will have to next patch :trollface:

The plan will finally be complete. Homogenize all classes by forcing them to use whatevers left of weapon abilities that can be spammed. Templar ultimates are there already.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My character on Live:

TVMtHaQ.png

My character on the PTS:

wzP5UF4.png

ctBnxbS.png

Mq7Goak.jpg

Sweeps is less.

More interesting is the lack of heals on PTS
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My character on Live:

TVMtHaQ.png

My character on the PTS:

wzP5UF4.png

ctBnxbS.png

Mq7Goak.jpg

Sweeps is less.

"You is immune from Puncturing Sweep"

What's that all about?
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    My character on Live:

TVMtHaQ.png

My character on the PTS:

wzP5UF4.png

ctBnxbS.png

Mq7Goak.jpg

Sweeps is less.

What's that all about?

Mammoth cannot be snared.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My character on Live:

TVMtHaQ.png

My character on the PTS:

wzP5UF4.png

ctBnxbS.png

Mq7Goak.jpg

Sweeps is less.

What's that all about?

Somehow thinking it should is funny to me.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My character on Live:

TVMtHaQ.png

My character on the PTS:

wzP5UF4.png

ctBnxbS.png

Mq7Goak.jpg

Sweeps is less.

What's that all about?

You'd think it would say "Mammoth is immune from Puncturing Sweep", but ok.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the list, @jasonthorpeb14_ESO. Comments are below next to your original callouts:
    Puncturing Sweep:
    Missing 50% of the damage on moving targets This may be due to lag/performance on the PTS since it's not as strong of a server as our live megaservers, but could also be due to other bugs involving impacts not lining up properly. Could we get some more info?
    The sounds have changed (not a big deal but makes me uneasy) We have a fix ready for this for one of the next PTS patches.
    Puncturing Sweep is doing LESS damage now then live How much less? Can we get some more information, please?
    Puncturing Sweep is not healing while doing damage We're currently testing a fix for this issue.
    Seems like the cone of damage Puncturing Sweep provides is more narrow now. We double checked, and it should be the same cone size as what's currently on live. Could be an issue involving latency?
    Seems like Puncturing Sweep cone of damage is lagging behind the player casting it(I move faster now but the cone doesnt) Same as above.

Radiant oppression:
    This skill is not scaling correctly still, practically worthless as a execute vs players Can we get some more info, or link to another thread with more info?

Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • MrTtheDK
    MrTtheDK
    ✭✭✭
    This sounds like a job for Nerf Templar. Will perform tests on live and PTS.
    Main:
    DC- Diablo Azul , Mr T

Alts: Nerf Something or Another

Guild: - Imperial City Police
    RIP Guilds: Purple, WKB, Eight Divines, Rage, What Mechanics, Entropy Rising
    Game: @TalosSeptim
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno check Joy's post above for the damage bug. There are numbers in that post that clearly show the DMG isn't doing 140% as compared to live.

We are unsure what causing it except it's clear the DMG is lower.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    @ZOS_GinaBruno check Joy's post above for the damage bug. There are numbers in that post that clearly show the DMG isn't doing 140% as compared to live.

Oh, thanks! Missed that earlier before I posted.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Animus-ESO
    Animus-ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, thanks! Missed that earlier before I posted.

Examples:

No healing on jabs. Along with the sound issues.

Jabs not able to hit moving targets or some times stationary targets while you are strafing.

SZbYVHi.gif

Also quoted from another player is damage numbers

TVMtHaQ.png

My character on the PTS:

wzP5UF4.png

ctBnxbS.png

Mq7Goak.jpg

Sweeps is less.

Edited by Animus-ESO on January 10, 2018 7:56PM
    Dude Where's My Guar?