Dragon Bones DLC - How do you feel about the new Monster Sets? (Previously what are your hopes)

• Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hermaus Mora Aesthetics influence in the Dragon Cult
    miraak_by_isaac77598-d6nwtx0.jpg

latest?cb=20130213205856

Peryite Aethetics influence in the Dragon Cult
    624c8c22db5db9bc45f21c9f3aa41ad0.jpg

I would very much like to see a normal Dragon Cult motif so then we have a reference when ever we see a daedric corrupted version of it.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    With a name like Dragon Bone, a Dragon Priest Mask should be MANDATORY but aesthetics aside, let's move on to what it would do

1p: Magic Regen
    2p: Reduce the cost of spells by 5%. When you Heal an ally, there's an 10% change to grant them Major Protection, reducing the damage they take by 30% for 5 seconds. This effect can occur once ever 5 seconds.

No, it's not the best and given that the buff can apply to anyone, it'll most likely go entirely unnoticed for the most part but it'll still be useful just for the sustain effects alone so the situational buff, while largely unnecessary, can help out periodically as well so I feel it's a fairly balanced set overall.

This could abused so hard if it can apply to yourself. If it only applies to an ally however, it'd be fine.
    @Silver_Strider

Guess I should reword it to "When you heal another Player" then but yeah, the intent was not to be an abusive set, just a balanced sustain set with a so so buff for periodic support. Even that would be subject to abuse in certain cases but still, healers need a good monster set and damn if I didn't try.
    Argonian forever
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thorvakiin (the bone dragon in the new "Fang's Lair" group dungeon)
    (1 item) Adds 129 Spell Damage
    (2 items) Increase Cold Damage dealt by non-Ultimate attacks by 10%. Every time you deal Cold Damage, you have a 10% chance to add 100 Spell Damage and 500 Spell Critical to your Cold Damage attacks for 10 seconds, stacking up to 5 times and refreshing the duration when a stack in gained.
    (2 items) When you deal Cold Damage, you have a 5% chance to bomb your opponent with cold magic, immediately dealing 5000 Cold Damage to the target, and 5000 more Cold Damage over 4 seconds to all nearby enemies. This effect can occur once every 4 seconds.

Finally make Ice Mages viable by providing tons of Cold Damage buffs! Also the huge reliance on Cold Damage hits to fully use this set makes it weak in all content unless specced to focus almost solely on dealing Cold Damage :)
    Edited by Vaoh on January 5, 2018 9:11PM
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mask of the Golden Archer.

(1 item) Adds 200 Weapon damage to your bow abilities.

(2 items) Increases attack speed of all your bow abilities by 20%

1roTJ9K.jpg
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well something that isnt complete garbage , or too OP ...(Earthgore^^) would actually be nice.

But pls not a Hybrid set, like Domihaus 1pcs is nice for pvp but the 2 pcs bonus is super bad.

Would actually like something that increases Krit DMG as a 1 pcs bonus. And has a usefull 2pcs bonus aswell
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    You forgot Ilambris, which has a good claim to being BIS in many cases and deals Shock damage.

@casparian Look this: http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Ilambris+Set

"When you deal Flame or Shock Damage, you have a 10% chance to summon a meteor shower of the damage type that deals 1170 Damage to all enemies within 4 meteres every 1 seconds for 5 seconds. Each effect can occur once every 8 seconds."

There is no Shock Damage here. In game, what's the tooltip?

The damage depends on which attack procs it. If you cast a flame attack it procs flame damage. If a shock attack it procs shock damage. That 1170 damage can be either or.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • LordSemaj
    LordSemaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had an idea for a cool dungeon boss that could certainly have some nice monster helms go with it.

Your party enters a room where the golden scepter sits floating in the echo chamber. You grab hold of it and prepare to return to the client when you hear angry voices...

They are saying that heroes have stolen things for "FAR TOO LONG" and that it didn't make sense that the statute of limitations was only 3 minutes.

Now the bosses are here for their revenge and to save Tamriel from the menace of random thievery and murder.

Enter the Dominion Guard, the Covenant Guard, and the Ebonheart Guard.

Players *** their pants. The entire boss fight then consists of getting rooted and two shot while trying to run away desperately from the strongest bosses in the game, who themselves are basically immortal and cannot die. The boss fight has a number of mechanics that try to inhibit the players' ability to escape and it's just three minutes of keepaway and healing and dpsing on the run to keep their damage buffs down until the statute of limitations expires again.

Then if the players survived, they drop the greatest monster helm ever: the Helm of the City Guard. Which has a chance when taking damage to make you immortal for 2 seconds.
    Edited by LordSemaj on January 5, 2018 11:19PM
  • Dakmor_Kavu
    Dakmor_Kavu
    ✭✭✭
    Going to second the idea for an actually good healing set that would justify rethinking the healing meta in pve (5 SPC needs SOMETHING that could viably replace it). A good 2 part monster set and interesting 3 piece set would be awesome type of combo.

Not holding my breath for this though. Would love a healer set that procs an interesting buff, not just more healing.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in a mood this evening. Somebody said something about a shout and now all I can think about is a set that has Unrelenting Force on the 5pc/2pc, enemies flying all over the dam place. And I cannot stop laughing hahaha
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going to second the idea for an actually good healing set that would justify rethinking the healing meta in pve (5 SPC needs SOMETHING that could viably replace it). A good 2 part monster set and interesting 3 piece set would be awesome type of combo.

Not holding my breath for this though. Would love a healer set that procs an interesting buff, not just more healing.

TBH at this point, nothing is going to convince me to drop 2 5pc sets on my healer. I'd rather see more viable 5pc sets for healers than a monster set.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Dakmor_Kavu
    Dakmor_Kavu
    ✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    TBH at this point, nothing is going to convince me to drop 2 5pc sets on my healer. I'd rather see more viable 5pc sets for healers than a monster set.

Ooh I'm 100% up for either, but whether it's 2 monster, 3 piece set, and a 5 piece set, or 5/5 doesn't matter to me one bit. As long as any option exists that's not always X + 5 SPC, I welcome the variety.
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragon head and wings set:

1) +Resistance.
    When receiving damage your scales flex, and you have a % chance to reduce damage by %.
    2) +Penetration.
    When dealing damage your blood boils, and you have a % chance to increase damage by %.

Because dragons are freaking awesome.
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1 Pc: Spell Damage
    2 Pc: Dealing damage with a class ability reduces target's spell resistance by 3300 for 10s

Edit: Wouldn't this become BIS for healers, paired with SPC. It effectively means 34 champion points all Magicka DPS could move out of spell erosion. These would result in about 3-4% DPS increase for Magicka DPS. At the same time, the set would work when worn by a DPS, with a magnitude slightly less than Spinners, but for the whole group (similar to Sunderflame vs Spriggans for stamina). If we really want to optimize for healers, maybe the 1 pc could be mag recovery instead of spell damage (although this would ruin it as a mag DPS solo set).

Pretty sure this would be BiS on tanks .
  • Necrelios
    Necrelios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there's going to be dragon bones, maybe we can have dragon bone armor? Could probably craft some nice jewelry with them bones too, so maybe some jewelry crafting would be a nice addition as well ;)
    Terms & Conditions ["We revoke permission to fictional legal constructs or private/public persons for selling of any private data, censorship, surveillance, personage or conversion as a trespass of law. We prohibit the practice of "procedural law" or corporate statues in place of divine law."]
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrCray78 wrote: »
    Kohnariik :
    1 Pc : 5% Max Magicka
    2 Pc : Gain 164 Spell Damage and Reduced Spell Cost by 10%.

Lol this would be awesome yet sadly incredibly OP and would quickly be the meta set for magicka users above all others. Keep dreaming.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blightlord's Blessing
    (1 items) Adds 1206 Max Health
    (2 items) Gain Minor Defile at all times.
    (2 items) Adds 800 Magicka and Stamina recovery.

Bitter Winter
    (1 items) Adds 1487 Spell Penetration
    (2 items) When you deal Cold damage, you have a 15% chance to summon a blizzard that deals 1800 Cold damage to all enemies within 6 meters every 1 second for 6 seconds. 10 seconds cooldown.
    (2 items) Your Cold damage always deals critical damage.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lot of people asking for healer monster sets.

The only monster set that would be great on a healer instead of a tank, would have to be a set only reliably proccable by Healers.....

(1 item) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    (2 items) 5% chance to grant allies 10% damage done and damage resistance for 10 seconds when you cast a heal on them.
    (2 items) Increases your Healing Done by 10%.

That might not be a great idea, but in general it has to provide tons of group support in a way that Healers can spam its proc, while a tank can barely proc it. Also needs to actually buff the group and scale well with Healers instead of everybody (Max Mag bonus, 10% healing done).
    Edited by Vaoh on January 6, 2018 4:21PM
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Blightlord's Blessing

Bitter Winter
    (2 items) When you deal Cold damage, you have a 15% chance to summon a blizzard that deals 1800 Cold damage to all enemies within 6 meters every 1 second for 6 seconds. 10 seconds cooldown.

Both ridiculously OP.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MrCray78 wrote: »
    Kohnariik :
    1 Pc : 5% Max Magicka
    2 Pc : Gain 164 Spell Damage and Reduced Spell Cost by 10%.

Wow.

That is a stupidly OP set suggestion.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »
    I hope nothing arround cold damage.

I hope something arround cold damage.
    Edited by Vaoh on January 6, 2018 5:06PM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liofa wrote: »
    1 Pc: Spell Damage
    2 Pc: Dealing damage with a class ability reduces target's spell resistance by 3300 for 10s

Edit: Wouldn't this become BIS for healers, paired with SPC. It effectively means 34 champion points all Magicka DPS could move out of spell erosion. These would result in about 3-4% DPS increase for Magicka DPS. At the same time, the set would work when worn by a DPS, with a magnitude slightly less than Spinners, but for the whole group (similar to Sunderflame vs Spriggans for stamina). If we really want to optimize for healers, maybe the 1 pc could be mag recovery instead of spell damage (although this would ruin it as a mag DPS solo set).

Pretty sure this would be BiS on tanks .

Hmm, that is a good point. It's similar to Alkosh in that sense (clearly not intended for tanks, but most effectively used on tanks). Especially if it had Magicka regen.

i wouldn't want it to proc only on casting healing, like Mending set. Maybe it could have a minimum range, which would not affect ranges DPS or healers, but make it unreliable on tanks.

2 Pc - Dealing damage to an enemy greater than 10m away reduces target's spell resistance by 3300 for 10s
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 pc:
    Increase Healing Done by 4%
    2pc:
    Casting a Magicka ability restores 1000 Stamina ,split amongst up to 4 allies. Casting A Stamina ability restores 1000 Magicka,split amongst up to 4 allies. This effect can occur every 8 seconds.

1 pc:
    Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    2 pc:
    When using Roll Dodge you gain snare immunity for up to 5 seconds based on your Max Magicka. Gain Major Expedition at all times, increasing you Movement Speed by 30%
    Edited by IAVITNI on January 6, 2018 7:22PM
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    Blightlord's Blessing

Bitter Winter

Both ridiculously OP.

How so?
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1Piece: Stamina Regen
    2Piece: Magicka Regen. All your Heals over time are 20% stronger, but you can now only heal yourself with Heals over time.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something that's not:

1P: Random stat
    2P: When you do damage, you have a 5% chance to get a 4% chance to get a 3%chance to summon a cacophony of FPS killing particle effects that lag all players around you for 10 seconds. This set has a cooldown of 10 seconds and only works in the morning on a sunny day in march.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Would love a set thats not forgotten as soon as its released
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please no more proc sets... seriously ruining the game
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not a Monster Set, obviously, but I'm still waiting for:
    • (2 items) Adds 1096 Max Magicka
    • (3 items) Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    • (4 items) Adds 1096 Max Magicka
    • (5 items) While you have a drink buff active, your Max Magicka is increased by 2000 and Magicka Recovery by 150.

Talking about the monster set... The best ones:
    • (1 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
    • (2 items) When you deal damage, you have a 15% chance to deal Shock Damage to nearby enemies every 1 second for 5 seconds. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.
    • (1 items) Adds 1206 Max Health
    • (2 items) When you take melee damage, you have a 10% chance to deal Frost Damage and immobilize nearby enemies for 4 seconds. This effect can occur once every 4 seconds. (Good for tanks who don't have Dark Talons - Dragonknight skill)

ZOS, we need Monster Sets that cause Shock Damage and Frost Damage (for Tanks)! There's too much Flame Damage!
    • Flame Damage: Domihaus, Grothdarr, Infernal Guardian, Maw of the Infernal and Valkyn Skoria.
    • Shock Damage: Ilambris and Stormfist (and it's basically a stamina set).
    • Frost Damage: Iceheart.

P.S.: Values listed are at Legendary Champion 160
    Edited with corrections.

Why are you trying to homogenize everything? Also, mag has necro, lich, and amber plasm. Mag doesn't need a bone pirate equivalent.
    With a name like Dragon Bone, a Dragon Priest Mask should be MANDATORY but aesthetics aside, let's move on to what it would do

1p: Magic Regen
    2p: Reduce the cost of spells by 5%. When you Heal an ally, there's an 10% change to grant them Major Protection, reducing the damage they take by 30% for 5 seconds. This effect can occur once ever 5 seconds.

No, it's not the best and given that the buff can apply to anyone, it'll most likely go entirely unnoticed for the most part but it'll still be useful just for the sustain effects alone so the situational buff, while largely unnecessary, can help out periodically as well so I feel it's a fairly balanced set overall.

That would over perform. That means no cool down... and you'd have zergs stacking that and Earthgore.

I would definitely like to see a set offering major expedition or something that is just a flat buff rather than a proc set though.
    Edited by Abysswarrior45 on January 8, 2018 5:35PM
  • CardboardedBox
    CardboardedBox
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want something that gives like, 1000 weapon damage to one 1h&s abilities lol.