Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Dragon Bones DLC - How do you feel about the new Monster Sets? (Previously what are your hopes)

• Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will be the usual "X chance when you deal damage to call forth bla bla and deal x damage"
    Boring and uninspired.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in quick: one new for mag dds for pve (I like skoria, but been using that for too long) and one pvp one which boosts solo play in some way or at least smallscale (antizerg)
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's not a Monster Set, obviously, but I'm still waiting for:
    • (2 items) Adds 1096 Max Magicka
    • (3 items) Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    • (4 items) Adds 1096 Max Magicka
    • (5 items) While you have a drink buff active, your Max Magicka is increased by 2000 and Magicka Recovery by 150.

Talking about the monster set... The best ones:
    • (1 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
    • (2 items) When you deal damage, you have a % chance to deal Shock Damage. This effect can occur once every X seconds.
    • (1 items) Adds 1206 Max Health
    • (2 items) When you take damage, you have a % chance to deal Frost Damage and immobilize nearby enemies for X seconds. This effect can occur once every X seconds. (Good for tanks who don't have Dark Talons - Dragonknight skill)

ZOS, we need Monster Sets that cause Shock Damage and Frost Damage (for Tanks)! There's too much Flame Damage!
    • Flame Damage: Domihaus, Grothdarr, Infernal Guardian, Maw of the Infernal and Valkyn Skoria.
    • Shock Damage: Stormfist (and it's basically a stamina set).
    • Frost Damage: Iceheart.

P.S.: Values listed are at Legendary Champion 160

You forgot Ilambris, which has a good claim to being BIS in many cases and deals Shock damage.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Tactical32
    Tactical32
    ✭✭✭
    Jaguar_SF wrote: »
    Does it really matter what DLC they release when you can't even play it because of lag

I'm actually amazed quite often at how little lag there is.

Might want to talk to your ISP about your garbage connection? Just a thought.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some monster helmet that includes frost/ice damage. Would love something else aside from Icehearth .)
  • Yellow_Monolith
    Yellow_Monolith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A dragon priest mask where it does aoe damage and has a 5% chance to summon a dragon priest ghost on hit
  • joaaocaampos
    joaaocaampos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    You forgot Ilambris, which has a good claim to being BIS in many cases and deals Shock damage.

@casparian Look this: http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Ilambris+Set

"When you deal Flame or Shock Damage, you have a 10% chance to summon a meteor shower of the damage type that deals 1170 Damage to all enemies within 4 meteres every 1 seconds for 5 seconds. Each effect can occur once every 8 seconds."

There is no Shock Damage here. In game, what's the tooltip?
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summon players back from dead to fight for you >:)
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on, look at my name... you know I need a dragon priest mask.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • Madamova
    Madamova
    ✭✭✭
    4694-0-1479599196.png
    Edited by Madamova on January 5, 2018 10:07AM
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaguar_SF wrote: »
    Does it really matter what DLC they release when you can't even play it because of lag

YOU can't play because of lag.
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrCray78 wrote: »
    Kohnariik :
    1 Pc : 5% Max Magicka
    2 Pc : Gain 164 Spell Damage and Reduced Spell Cost by 10%.

OP, very OP. 10% is very much, since seducer only gives 8%. this set would give two times a boni superior to all normal max magicka or spelldamage boni and you want to add the best cost reduction in a set?
    Qwazz wrote: »
    My wishes

1 pc mag/stam recovery (tank/healer set)
    sadly OP too, already Domihaus 1-piece is very strong.

With a name like Dragon Bone, a Dragon Priest Mask should be MANDATORY but aesthetics aside, let's move on to what it would do

1p: Magic Regen
    2p: Reduce the cost of spells by 5%. When you Heal an ally, there's an 10% change to grant them Major Protection, reducing the damage they take by 30% for 5 seconds. This effect can occur once ever 5 seconds.

wont happen, this set would be probably be one of the most powerful sets in pvp ever seen as soon you can apply the effect on several players.

i would also like to see some new utility sets. again, we have already enough damage proc sets, give us something new ZOS.
  • YoWombat
    YoWombat
    ✭✭✭
    I want to see some new healer sets that are actually worth using, ie ones that offer something more than just increased healing. It would be nice to shake things up in that regard and not have everyone using the exact same gear (I'm talking about you, SPC!).
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And as an added bonus, the moment you set foot in either of these new dungeons, you'll receive the Renegade Dragon Priest Mask, completely free.

Dragon Priest Mask is already a costume hat.

As for effects, I'd like to see something for sustain. I don't think we need another damage proc set, although some variety in that regard would be nice.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I get another reptilian mask (dragon head), that would be optimal. I would like it to be a new summon set for magicka, even though we technically don't need another one. An alternative could be a set that procs a set of spirit armor over yourself like one of the dragon shouts in the Dragonborn Skyrim DLC.

31181-3-1360417186.jpg
  • Saint_Bud
    Saint_Bud
    ✭✭✭✭
    Something that will boost magicka dps in one level with stamina dps and reduce the spell coast by 10%.
    Edited by Saint_Bud on January 5, 2018 10:28AM
    PVP Saint-Bud magicka Templar: AR 49
    PVE Lord Victarion mDK : dro'm-Athra-Destroyer pre Morrowind retired for crafting
    PVE Ramsay-Bolton magicka NB: Voice of Reason Clockwork City Patch retired
    VAA hm/ VHRC hm/ VSO hm/ VMOL hm/ VHOF hm/ VAS hm clear

Stop playing PVE because its boring, content not disigned for melee players and class balance and sustain is ***
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wish they made a very good PvE healing Monster Set... Healing meta has been the same since, you know, 2015...

I also would love if ZOS designed more Monster Sets more focused on one specific spec, like StamSorc or MagPlar... Analyse the type of damage that class usually do on a good parse and design a Monster Set that performs well for that spec, but not so much for others.

I think it is kind of boring when every stam is using Velidreth and every mag is using Illambris or Skoria.

We have so many Monster Sets, but only a handful are really used in end game, specially in PvE.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@casparian Look this: http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Ilambris+Set

"When you deal Flame or Shock Damage, you have a 10% chance to summon a meteor shower of the damage type that deals 1170 Damage to all enemies within 4 meteres every 1 seconds for 5 seconds. Each effect can occur once every 8 seconds."

Read the rest of the sentence before what you bolded, "of that damage type" so if you use lightning, you proc the lightning half and if you use fire, you proc the fire half. What makes this set so powerful is that you can proc both elements at the same time. Not really sure how you don't understand that or have never seen or used the set, ben on my sorc since the day after it was released.

To the op, I want something that is useful on a magblade, besides valkyn or grothdar. But being a dragon based dlc, I don't see that happening.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on January 5, 2018 11:04AM
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just hope the eventually update all 1 piece monster sets so Dominaus isn't best 1 piece item around if you only have one slot open. Each should give something to compete or Dominaus toned down.
  • joaaocaampos
    joaaocaampos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Read the rest of the sentence before what you bolded, "of that damage type" so if you use lightning, you proc the lightning half and if you use fire, you proc the fire half. What makes this set so powerful is that you can proc both elements at the same time. Not really sure how you don't understand that or have never seen or used the set, ben on my sorc since the day after it was released.

Sorry, I didn't understand that. You're right. Even so, only Ilambris (and the stamina set, Stormfist) deals shock damage. Meanwhile, 5 Monster Sets deals flame damage.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Radinyn wrote: »
    first pvp monster set

anti-teabag mask of the dragon priest

With a giant spike dipped in poison for noseguard that actually works as post-death-attack, 65k unpurgable poison dot that also reduces healing received to 0% for its duration?
    Edited by Leandor on January 5, 2018 5:00PM
  • Deloth_Vyrr
    Deloth_Vyrr
    ✭✭✭
    I want a magicka summoner dps monster set that is actually good to replace Ilambris. Maw of the Infernal is the closest thing so far, but it falls short on too many levels to be competitive (1 piece needs to be max magicka, 2 piece needs to be longer duration, easier to proc, higher damage, some combination of the 3)
    Edited by Deloth_Vyrr on January 5, 2018 5:26PM
    <Twin-Moons Covenant> PC NA
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Voice of Reason
    Shadow Breaker
    Flawless Conqueror
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Something related to necromancy would be cool. I mean, we will be fighting Necromancers.
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A dragon priest mask where it does aoe damage and has a 5% chance to summon a dragon priest ghost on hit

Every attack of ghost steal 5% of enemy gold and chance to steal gold temper from their craft bug. :o
  • GaunterODim
    GaunterODim
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see a monster set for dds that synergises well with magic damage, like ilambris does with fire and lightning combined or valkyn does with dots.
    Been looking forward to something like that since SOTH came out to have a more individual gear setup for magblade (or warden now) instead of just running valkyn again because grothdar must be melee.

Edit: 1 piece should be either magic damage or max magicka, no need for dual bonus if the 2 piece is right.
    Edited by GaunterODim on January 5, 2018 5:50PM
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything that is NOT a proc set. Give me something useful to increase stats, not a chance to do more damage, hate how 95% of monster sets are procs.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrCray78 wrote: »
    Kohnariik :
    1 Pc : 5% Max Magicka
    2 Pc : Gain 164 Spell Damage and Reduced Spell Cost by 10%.

Too strong.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 Pc: Spell Damage
    2 Pc: Dealing damage with a class ability reduces target's spell resistance by 3300 for 10s

Edit: Wouldn't this become BIS for healers, paired with SPC. It effectively means 34 champion points all Magicka DPS could move out of spell erosion. These would result in about 3-4% DPS increase for Magicka DPS. At the same time, the set would work when worn by a DPS, with a magnitude slightly less than Spinners, but for the whole group (similar to Sunderflame vs Spriggans for stamina). If we really want to optimize for healers, maybe the 1 pc could be mag recovery instead of spell damage (although this would ruin it as a mag DPS solo set).
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on January 6, 2018 9:28AM
  • beetleklee
    beetleklee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Something for Mag and Stam DDs because I'm bored of using the same couple sets (Veli, Skoria, ect)
    Doesn't have to be a proc set, I'd love something that helps with sustain.
    PC NA
    CP 690

EP Dunmer MagDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer MagSorc Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Argonian DK Tank Level 50, Boethiah's Scythe
    EP Breton Templar Healer Level 50
    EP Khajiit StamDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer Magblade Level 50, Assistant Alienist
    EP Argonian Stamden Level 50, Lady of Misrule (pvp)
    EP Dunmer Stamblade Level 50
    DC Redguard Stamplar
    AD Altmer Magwarden Healer

vMA, vDSA, vSO HM, vHRC HM, vAA, vAS+1, vMoL
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scalecaller Peak will have the Dragon Priest.
    Fang Lair will have the Undead Dragon.

So we will get both a Dragon Piest and Dragon Bone monster helm sets.

Looking forward to returning to Skyrim lore seeing how Peryite influenced this particular branch of the dragon cult.
    I really liked how they did that with Hermaeus Mora in the Dragonborn DLC of Skyrim.

I am looking forward to the day that we get to come back to locations such as Whiterun
    tbh it does bother me that Falkreath hold is a dungeon and not actaully a new area on the world map. Maybe they will do something about that, I do not know, we will see.
    Edited by Iccotak on January 5, 2018 7:42PM