Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Dragon Bones DLC - How do you feel about the new Monster Sets? (Previously what are your hopes)

• Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thurvokun (Monster)
    • Max Health
    • When a nearby enemy damages you, summon a growing pool of desecrated bile for 8 seconds. Enemies in the bile receive 430 Disease Damage every 1 second and are afflicted with Minor Maim and Minor Defile, reducing their damage done and healing received by 15%. This effect can occur once every 8 seconds.

Zaan (Monster)
    • Spell Critical
    • When you deal Critical Damage with a Light or Heavy Attack to a nearby enemy, a beam of fire will connect you to your enemy. The beam deals 3440 Flame Damage every 1 second for 5 seconds. Every second, this damage increases by 50%. The beam is broken if the enemy moves 10 meters away from you. This effect can occur every 15 seconds.

So, anybody interested in those?
    Did we really need another melee range fire proc set?
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Would change that to flame/frost/lightning/magic damage imo, with same range if it would be range helm it would be way more op in PVP
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    looks like 2 junk sets...compared to what we have viva basic stuff... but I think we will never get useful stuff in DLC since then people will complain about "P2W"... so meh never hope for what will never happen...like cyrodill lag fix :3
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Thurvokun (Monster)
    • Max Health
    • When a nearby enemy damages you, summon a growing pool of desecrated bile for 8 seconds. Enemies in the bile receive 430 Disease Damage every 1 second and are afflicted with Minor Maim and Minor Defile, reducing their damage done and healing received by 15%. This effect can occur once every 8 seconds.

Zaan (Monster)
    • Spell Critical
    • When you deal Critical Damage with a Light or Heavy Attack to a nearby enemy, a beam of fire will connect you to your enemy. The beam deals 3440 Flame Damage every 1 second for 5 seconds. Every second, this damage increases by 50%. The beam is broken if the enemy moves 10 meters away from you. This effect can occur every 15 seconds.

Zaman looks nice for a magdk in maelstrom
  • TheMythicDawn
    TheMythicDawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Underwhelming.
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    How is the thurvokun animation?
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LordSlif wrote: »
    How is the thurvokun animation?

Here is Thurvokun in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR5nT6xBr-s
  • Jarryzzt
    Jarryzzt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Look, first and foremost they would be stupid to make any new DLC monster sets overwhelming compared to what we already have. One, because not everyone would have access to the DLC, and two, because that would shift the meta. Which isn't perfect, mind, but just because something is not perfect does not mean you need to go out and actively make it worse.

So I am actually fairly pleased by the fact that the new monster sets are not gamebreaking. Or do not seem as such. Nor are they horrendously awful. PVE tanks or PVPers (per the above video) applying a stationary Maim/Defile DoT and MagDKs (primarily) getting a melee-range proc DoT. Fine. I am sure some people will use these and have fun doing so, but I also wouldn't expect Alcast to suddenly start recommending Zaan over Skoria for MagDKs.

TLDR, I find other portions of the update to be rather more interesting than the new sets or monster sets. And this is probably how it ought to be.

• Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Thurvokun (Monster)
    • Max Health

Zaan (Monster)
    • Spell Critical

Thurvokun seems weak in comparison to Zaan.
    The enemy debuff Thurvokun provides would actually be really helpful for tanks. That 15% reduction in damage taken could really help my Tank
    BUT The damage output of Zaan is just crazy

3,440 x 5 alone results in 17,200 total.

Now it increases by 50% every second it is active.
    3,440 x 0.5 = 1,720

3,440 (1 sec)
    3,440 + 1,720 = 5,160 (2 sec)
    5,160 + 1,720 = 6,880 (3 sec)
    6,880 + 1,720 = 8,600 (4 sec)
    8,600 + 1,720 = 10,320 (5 sec)

Add it up
    3,440 + 5,160 + 6,880 + 8,600 + 10,320 = 34,400 total damage could be dealt

Meanwhile Thurvokun can do 430 x 8 sec = 6,880 damage total
    again that 15% reduction in damage taken is nice but honestly it should also come with Physical & Spell resistance bonus with the max health.

Theoretical Math aside, here is Zaan in action.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abdlmt-t2bE
  • Darknightmare641
    Darknightmare641
    Soul Shriven
    Thurvokun is going to be super strong un pvp it aint about the dmg its like a 2 piece wizards riposte that applies a healing debuff
  • SkyIsTheLimit1206
    SkyIsTheLimit1206
    ✭✭✭
    Radinyn wrote: »
    first pvp monster set

A lot of monster sets are really great in PvP... Velidreth, Selene's (well it now has a delay so maybe not that great now), Grothdarr, Valkyn, even defensive sets like Mighty Chudan and Bloodspawn...
    Edited by SkyIsTheLimit1206 on March 18, 2018 12:18AM
    With strength and intelligence comes hard work.

Which is why not a lot of people are strong nor intelligent.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jarryzzt wrote: »
    Look, first and foremost they would be stupid to make any new DLC monster sets overwhelming compared to what we already have. One, because not everyone would have access to the DLC, and two, because that would shift the meta. Which isn't perfect, mind, but just because something is not perfect does not mean you need to go out and actively make it worse.

So I am actually fairly pleased by the fact that the new monster sets are not gamebreaking. Or do not seem as such. Nor are they horrendously awful. PVE tanks or PVPers (per the above video) applying a stationary Maim/Defile DoT and MagDKs (primarily) getting a melee-range proc DoT. Fine. I am sure some people will use these and have fun doing so, but I also wouldn't expect Alcast to suddenly start recommending Zaan over Skoria for MagDKs.

TLDR, I find other portions of the update to be rather more interesting than the new sets or monster sets. And this is probably how it ought to be.

No he just recommended it for literally every magicka class except Nightblades.