The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fake Healers

One_ofMany
One_ofMany
✭✭✭
Seems like there has been an epidemic of fake healers this past week.
Some too busy doing DPS to bother with much healing and others not even healing at all. It's driving me crazy!
We really need a way to punish bad behavior like that. Maybe so many negative group votes/kicks in a week and they get locked out of the Activity Finder for a few days.
Edited by ZOS_Phoenix on April 6, 2023 5:12PM
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One_ofMany wrote: »
    Some too busy doing DPS to bother with much healing and others not even healing at all. It's driving me crazy!
    We really need a way to punish bad behavior like that. Maybe so many negative group votes/kicks in a week and they get locked out of the Activity Finder for a few days.

have to admit i'v been semi guildy of this, my backbar resto only consists of combat prayer and healing ward as healer because dungeons are just to damn simple but i do get the job done, problem is alot of people may see others doing stuff like that and "copying" thinking all they are doing as healer is being DD 4 (fake tanks have always been a thing) and well, problem with this is again, down to how simple dungeons are
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• One_ofMany
    One_ofMany
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is that some Dungeons aren't that simple or lower non CP players may need more healing attention.
    I can do whole dungeons using my DPS bar with just one heal, then in others have to go full resto bar and stay there.
    Once you reach a certain level
    ..Maybe 45 you either need to STOP queing as a healer or spec fully in to healing.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The problem is that some Dungeons aren't that simple or lower non CP players may need more healing attention.
    I can do whole dungeons using my DPS bar with just one heal, then in others have to go full resto bar and stay there.
    ..Maybe 45 you either need to STOP queing as a healer or spec fully in to healing.

oh no i get where your coming from, hell i make new alts that run the similar thing because as stated, dungeons are just to simple, even vet dungeons, then you get DLC ones that are a massive spike up in difficulty, this is where overall game balance needs to be looked at
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most of my heals are HoTs so me contributing to the DPS is a good thing since I don't have to worry too much. Additionally, the groups I run with know what they are doing and don't stand in stupid. If you're expecting a healer to be healing 100% of the time all they will be doing is wasting resources or standing around doing nothing.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • One_ofMany
    One_ofMany
    ✭✭✭
    I don't expect them to not DPS at all. I do expect them to prioritize Healing over DPSing though.
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fake healer is worse than fake tank
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lyserus wrote: »

Nah. Fake tank is far worse.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lyserus wrote: »

Nah. Fake tank is far worse.

| agree unless the fake tank knows how to tank. If you can taunt and hold still then 20k health and 20k+ DPS is fine. Personally l wont PuG without enough self sustain to keep me alive through less than the full attention of the boss / mob pull. And give me the heads and I will tank, but then I main a tank who gets 90% of my play time.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fake News...
    Edited by Radiance on December 31, 2017 9:07AM
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CP 211 Stam healer looking vCoA2.

Plz invite...
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭

please leave the game. thats a really nasty attitude you have there towards other players and i hope i never pug with you. i dont condone non healers joining as healers but your wanting to ban other players because you dont like them is a sickening attitude.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @dsalter: Guilty here too, somewhat. ;) I leveled up three new DD chars during the New Life XP bonus, and those that have sufficient group heal (magicka templar, stamina warden) I sometimes listed as healer in addition to DD, while under level 45.

Since last patch, you only get DLC and Part 2 dungeons once you reach level 45, and normal non-DLC Part 1 dungeons are so faceroll simple, at any char level, BOL or Soothing Spores is sufficient to heal anything there. (Nobody in my groups died during those runs. ;) ) Of course that means near-zero utility in addition to heals, but again, those dungeons are so simple, an additional 12k DPS DD helps much more than a dedicated healer that applies buffs.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Houshiki
    Houshiki
    ✭✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »

oh no i get where your coming from, hell i make new alts that run the similar thing because as stated, dungeons are just to simple, even vet dungeons, then you get DLC ones that are a massive spike up in difficulty, this is where overall game balance needs to be looked at

Its not really a balance issue, imo. The non-dlc dungeons are a cake walk, the non-dlc 2 dungeons brings it up a notch, the dlc dungeons should be challenging. Even with non-cp pugs, every dungeon is doable, maybe not in the fastest or most efficient manner, but still doable. They simply need to follow mechanics, or have enough dps to ignore mechanics. That aside, all dungeons, dlc included, are now lvl-locked, so players should be at least a bit more experienced once the more difficult dungeons are unlocked.

The issue is the prevalence of fake tanks and fake healers. Yes, it is possible to complete dungeons without one or the other, but a third or fourth dps needs to be able to bring enough dps to skip mechanics entirely, while also being self-sufficient. Anyways, that's that, and this is this. The problem isn't the dungeon difficulty, but rather the notion that either the tank or healer or both are simply not needed. And I get the feeling that this notion has become self-propagating.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think on a normal dungeon, non-DLC it hardly matters. They are so easy now. As long as the group clears the dungeon fast ish, it's cool.

I've been on the other side, a 690 Sorc Healer (dedicated) and voted to be kicked by CP200's because they thought i was fake lol

Either way,this will stop once XP event is over
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • One_ofMany
    One_ofMany
    ✭✭✭
    Slick_007 wrote: »

please leave the game. thats a really nasty attitude you have there towards other players and i hope i never pug with you. i dont condone non healers joining as healers but your wanting to ban other players because you dont like them is a sickening attitude.

Where are you getting this? I never said I wanted them banned. I would want someone who just repeats doing Activity Finder under fake rolls to be locked out of Activity Finder, on that character, for a few days.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Where are you getting this? I never said I wanted them banned. I would want someone who just repeats doing Activity Finder under fake rolls to be locked out of Activity Finder, on that character, for a few days.

you want them temp banned from groups. thats an arrogant disgusting attitude towards players simply because you dont like them.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Never understand why all the ire is aimed towards other players. Maybe if ZoS fixed their pathetic activity finder people wouldn't need to lie. I mean, queue as a healer or tank, you find a group in a short space of time, but a dps? Good luck. I've waited hours upon hours and eventually just gave up more times that I've actually found a group.

I can fully understand why people pull a fast one. I can only assume that it's not because they want to, it's because they're forced to if they want any hope in hell of finding a group that day. Dungeon finder is pathetic and it's that that's the real issue and always has been.

Edited by Prof_Bawbag on December 31, 2017 11:59AM
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hate fake healers, and I hate fake tanks. An absolute plague on this game atm. If I see a fake healer or tank, I usually boot them asap.

Roll as a healer andtank if you want fast pop times. Simple. Then you can take the gear you earn there and put it in your bank.
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you want them temp banned from groups. thats an arrogant disgusting attitude towards players simply because you dont like them.

It seems you have a reading and understanding issues my friend. He is right of hes point to be honest. i am sick of those fake healers who comes in to vet mazatuun and they arent even have any healing abilities sloted. It is not disgusting at all. if people dont know how to play or select a role while que up for veteran dungeons well honey thats a sirius issues and topics like this with the Op's statement is a right thing to do it. This game is not for a palyer who cant play in veteran dungeon with a role what the player hase sellected. If they dont do their role yes they should be locked out and learn the funcionality of this game. It is a basic thing even a 5 year old child can understand the ESO roles and their importance.
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • pauli133
    pauli133
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Part of the issue is that anyone with mutagen and combat prayer or healing springs (or even a stamina templar with nothing but breath of life) can be a completely adequate healer right up until level 45 - and then, all of a sudden, it's a terrible plan. A byproduct of the scaling system that makes this game so easy to get into is that bad habits (playing a role your character isn't suited for, queuing for a role you can't actually fill) are encouraged for an extended portion of the learning curve.
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm a Magicka Nightblade healer, I would probably be kicked/downvoted from most dungeons because it looks like I'm just tending to DPS.

As far as I'm concerned, if my Funnel Health, Refreshing Path and emergency Ward Ally can't keep you alive in a normal non-DLC dungeon, YOU are the problem.

I got into a random dungeon earlier, the tank had 14.5K HP. What was DPS1 doing? His best. DPS2? Bow light attacking. BUT, nobody died. I didn't actively attempt to heal anyone, I just did DPS as the healer role.

I should not be punished for not meeting someone else's standards for my role, if I can't punish them for meeting my standards for their role.

Your a tank? You need to be perma-blocker with 40k+ health, capped resistances, has 0 downtime on taunts, and chains/talons every single add without fail. Otherwise, a downvote for you.

Your a DPS? You need to be doing 30k+ DPS. Otherwise you're too slow, and downvote for you.

Your a healer? Not running SPC or worm? I leave full health for more than 2 seconds? Downvote for you.

I would never require my group to have any of these things, but my point is it gives players too much power over other players. Even if someone is doing their role, they could be punished for not meeting someone else's standards.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm a Magicka Nightblade healer, I would probably be kicked/downvoted from most dungeons because it looks like I'm just tending to DPS.

As far as I'm concerned, if my Funnel Health, Refreshing Path and emergency Ward Ally can't keep you alive in a normal non-DLC dungeon, YOU are the problem.

I got into a random dungeon earlier, the tank had 14.5K HP. What was DPS1 doing? His best. DPS2? Bow light attacking. BUT, nobody died. I didn't actively attempt to heal anyone, I just did DPS as the healer role.

I should not be punished for not meeting someone else's standards for my role, if I can't punish them for meeting my standards for their role.

Your a tank? You need to be perma-blocker with 40k+ health, capped resistances, has 0 downtime on taunts, and chains/talons every single add without fail. Otherwise, a downvote for you.

Your a DPS? You need to be doing 30k+ DPS. Otherwise you're too slow, and downvote for you.

Your a healer? Not running SPC or worm? I leave full health for more than 2 seconds? Downvote for you.

I would never require my group to have any of these things, but my point is it gives players too much power over other players. Even if someone is doing their role, they could be punished for not meeting someone else's standards.

To be clear, a fake healer is someone who cant even keep the teammates health over 33 %. If they can keep the people alive, i odnt have a problem, same with tanks, if they can stay alive, buff the team a little bit and keep the bosses busy, cool.
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jade1986 wrote: »

To be clear, a fake healer is someone who cant even keep the teammates health over 33 %. If they can keep the people alive, i odnt have a problem, same with tanks, if they can stay alive, buff the team a little bit and keep the bosses busy, cool.

Then there needs to be a built in system in the game. If you're healing is under X% of your teams damage taken, and your team votes to kick you, you will get a strike.

Same for Tanks, if they hold boss aggro for less than X% of the time spent in combat with the boss, and get voted to kick, they get a strike.

DPS too, if your DPS is under X for normal, and Y for Veteran, and your team votes to kick you, you get a strike.

Players can still kick people they judge unworthy, but they won't be punished unless the game judges their performance so poor that it is truly deserved.

• teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are fakes of everything, healers, tanks and dps. There is people that like to be carry thinking that one less means nothing.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, if I didn't equip my healer with at least three damage dealing skills (or even a full damage bar, for that matter), the vast majority of the normal dungeons I run would take an eternity to complete or wouldn't even progress to completion at all, thanks to the prevalence of utterly terrible players queuing as damage dealers in this game. Case in point: a little while ago, I was stuck in nICP with a damage dealer who thought it was acceptable to do nothing other than spam light bow attacks/snipe and unleash his bow ultimate every so often. The other damage dealer was dishing out mostly single target damage only (but was at least trying, so I gave him/her a break). I let the bow light attack/snipe spammer die a few times on principle, because my perfectly reasonable suggestion that he slot caltrops (he had his PVP veteran rank displayed) or some other AOE skill fell on deaf ears. If I had not been trying to pump out as much DPS as possible, while still trying to keep the other DD and tank from dying, we would not have completed that dungeon. In a normal dungeon, especially non-DLC, healing absolutely does not have to be a healer's main priority -- and arguably shouldn't be.

What are people using as their "fake healer" gauge? Deaths, I'm assuming. Reality check time: I don't care much at all if I let CP-level players die in normals, considering that all normal dungeons are soloable (besides DLC dungeons and dungeons that have group mechanics that cannot be bypassed). If you die in a normal dungeon and are around CP200 or higher, then you need to re-evaluate your build and/or positioning. I'm not going to go looking for you if I see your health going down and you're nowhere near me. Seriously, I can't/won't heal Skyreach baby light bow spammers who stand a kilometre behind me in freaking normal Banished Cells. I'm also not going to heal people who are doing maybe 5k DPS total and are repeatedly refusing to block heavy attacks or roll out of red. I'd rather let you die and take care of that little group of trash mobs by myself, especially if you're not going to take my suggestions to, y'know, use area of effect skills to manage multiple enemies at once. How will you ever improve if some healer is there spamming heals on you while doing the bulk of the damage to keep you and your negligible DPS around for the next trash mob pull? And, honestly, same goes for vet dungeons. I obviously focus much less on dealing damage in vet dungeons, but I'm still not going to feel too badly if someone in the group dies because he/she is performing really badly and ignoring reasonable advice. As the old saying goes: you can't heal stupid.
    Edited by Aurielle on December 31, 2017 2:02PM
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was running a mag nb heals that day and I had dps stepping out of my veil of blades. Really? It's there to help you dummy. And I had a whisper "why am I dps in? Heal pls." so I said in group, I am, it's called funnel health. Make a nb and see what it does. /shrug
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This fake crap is out of hand, there are good and bad players and it will always be that way. When I read this my first thought was, oh great another dps who can't stay out of the red or actually use the game mechanics. Which is a much bigger issue than complaining about healing.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheValar85 wrote: »
    It seems you have a reading and understanding issues my friend. He is right of hes point to be honest. i am sick of those fake healers who comes in to vet mazatuun and they arent even have any healing abilities sloted. It is not disgusting at all. if people dont know how to play or select a role while que up for veteran dungeons well honey thats a sirius issues and topics like this with the Op's statement is a right thing to do it. This game is not for a palyer who cant play in veteran dungeon with a role what the player hase sellected. If they dont do their role yes they should be locked out and learn the funcionality of this game. It is a basic thing even a 5 year old child can understand the ESO roles and their importance.

no. hes so far from right its not funny and its appalling that people like you agree with their idea.Toxic community is starting to be an understatement with attitudes like this. He wants people, players, some of them being complete pricks, to be able to vote people into a temp ban, for no reason other than they dont like them. Bring on the player abuse if they get their way.
    Who cares if they can heal. dont like their build or gear? get em a ban. you died even though it was your own fault? get em banned. healer lagged? get em banned. You see where this is going? This fool has NO right to do this to other players. it is a disgusting and arrogant attitude to think that they should have this power over other players.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having played all three rolls over time, it's fake DPS that cause the biggest issue in time to complete. Light attack champions
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jade1986 wrote: »

Then there needs to be a built in system in the game. If you're healing is under X% of your teams damage taken, and your team votes to kick you, you will get a strike.

Same for Tanks, if they hold boss aggro for less than X% of the time spent in combat with the boss, and get voted to kick, they get a strike.

DPS too, if your DPS is under X for normal, and Y for Veteran, and your team votes to kick you, you get a strike.

Players can still kick people they judge unworthy, but they won't be punished unless the game judges their performance so poor that it is truly deserved.

In order for that to be implemented they would have to make bows and othe weaker things stronger, and actually balance the game.
This discussion has been closed.