Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do you get into an active (but not elite) pvp guild?

StrawberryKitsune
StrawberryKitsune
✭✭✭
I will start off by saying my partner and are are on PC EU and we are certainly not the best pvpers but we are not scrubs either.

I only ever see newly created and quickly collapsing pvp guilds advertising for members or purely pve/trade guilds. How would one go about finding a casual friendly large and active pvp guild? We aren't looking for anything elite just something with active, friendly players that have fun and know what they are doing. Or do these guilds just not exist and that is why I never see them?
Edited by StrawberryKitsune on December 30, 2017 12:11AM
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know about EU but NA usually has more or less 3 tiers of guilds.

Entry level guilds that add anyone x'ing up in zone.

Experienced guilds that mostly take people on referrals.

Elite guilds that really just run with whoever they consider the best and that usually cap their groups around 4-6 people who have known each other for a very long time.

Try the entry level ones and the more you get to know the population in your preferred server, reach out to them.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• StrawberryKitsune
    StrawberryKitsune
    ✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    Don't know about EU but NA usually has more or less 3 tiers of guilds.

Entry level guilds that add anyone x'ing up in zone.

Experienced guilds that mostly take people on referrals.

Elite guilds that really just run with whoever they consider the best and that usually cap their groups around 4-6 people who have known each other for a very long time.

Try the entry level ones and the more you get to know the population in your preferred server, reach out to them.

We have tried some "entry level" guilds but they just end up being rubbish, disorganized and then after a few months the guild sort of falls apart when the guild master leaves and passes on the mantle so to speak. Much like a pug group really. Thanks for explaining the tier though. Think I will give pvp a miss and go back to pve. :)
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I assume by asking in zone chat and taking it from there.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You okay man? This is the 3rd normal post I’ve seen from you recently. Bark twice if you’re in Milwaukee

rip decibel
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By accidentally getting put in charge of a guild, and then doing everything you wish other people were doing in PVP.

At least that is how this one got the life sentence they now labor under. :'(
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am a part of upcoming group of PvP guilds. We are three co-op PvP guild, started less than a month with quite a good strength, especially on AD guild atm. As of now, we have a lot of new players and are not running Cyro officially. More focused on training and gearing up new members. Perhaps I can interest you more? I can assure you you will find the environment you are looking for.
    @Deepan on PC-EU
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »

You okay man? This is the 3rd normal post I’ve seen from you recently. Bark twice if you’re in Milwaukee

I’m not from Milwaukee. But my power tools like the sawzall is Milwaukee brand. And I was f[snip] betrayed on the forums. Ingrates! I spent 7 days in “jail”. Festering and rotting in Elder Scrolls Online forums jail. The authorities completely misjudged a very simple short post. They didn’t care. They clubbed my knees and dragged me away. Don’t believe me? Go find the threads “guards” here. That’s what I went to jail for.

Me. The man who brought unparalleled entertainment as I took the players themselves and wove them into the Elder Scrolls universe. You think Kodi or whoever brings that level of imagination?

Betrayed by my own alliance members and betrayed by the government in here.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not only that, but I was told one more “infraction” here and they would find me, put a bullet in my head, and bury me in a shallow unmarked grave. Ending me.
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Determine which scale of PvP you want to play, and then go to where those players play.

If you want to play in large groups taking keeps from factions, then play on the emp ring and join zone chat groups. They will invite regular faces into their guilds, and you'll be able to tell which guilds are most active during your play time just be watching for them.

If you want to do medium or small scale, then go to where those sized fights are. Orbit around larger scale fights looking for skirmishers, or travel across the map to the other factions' sides and look for action there.

Basically just be active yourself, be present in locations where your preferred style of PvP is prevalent, and then be diligent in looking for active groups. :) Guilds are always looking for promising new recruits who show initiative and thoughtfulness.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Intermor
    Intermor
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @StrawberryKitsune

There are a few good guilds up on Sotha, the non CP-Campain.

Maybe I can ask, what language you and your partner have, and what campain you like to play?
    ( I ask that because not all know, there is a german forum for PC-EU as well ;-) )

What chars you have and like to play in PvP?

Thanks and regards
    Intermor

Edited by Intermor on December 30, 2017 4:19AM
    ~ Intermor ~
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »

I’m not from Milwaukee. But my power tools like the sawzall is Milwaukee brand. And I was f[snip] betrayed on the forums. Ingrates! I spent 7 days in “jail”. Festering and rotting in Elder Scrolls Online forums jail. The authorities completely misjudged a very simple short post. They didn’t care. They clubbed my knees and dragged me away. Don’t believe me? Go find the threads “guards” here. That’s what I went to jail for.

Me. The man who brought unparalleled entertainment as I took the players themselves and wove them into the Elder Scrolls universe. You think Kodi or whoever brings that level of imagination?

Betrayed by my own alliance members and betrayed by the government in here.

There he is

rip decibel
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FREE SCIPIO!!!
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • StrawberryKitsune
    StrawberryKitsune
    ✭✭✭
    Intermor wrote: »
    Hi @StrawberryKitsune

There are a few good guilds up on Sotha, the non CP-Campain.

Maybe I can ask, what language you and your partner have, and what campain you like to play?
    ( I ask that because not all know, there is a german forum for PC-EU as well ;-) )

What chars you have and like to play in PvP?

Thanks and regards
    Intermor

Hey thanks for the reply, we both are based in the UK time wise and we speak English so I am not sure we would do so great in a German speaking guild :p My GCSE course did not prepare me for that haha.

My partner likes to play a Stamplar and a Magplar (healer), he also has a magsorc he is trying out. I also like my Stamplar and have a few magblade and stamblades and a magsorc I have been dabbling with. With prefer Sotha Sil campaign too.

Thank you for taking the time out to get back to me it is really appreciated. :)

Kind regards,
    Kit.
  • Venom4You
    Venom4You
    ✭✭✭
    The major problem with ACTIVE casual/semi hardcore guilds in eso is, that they barely exist anymore. At least on Vivec EU you will have a hard time finding one. It would help to know the alliance you play. Which guilds I see running around on a regular basis on Vivec EU recently which might fit your needs:

- DC: Daggerfall PVP Legion, Black Swords (not sure if they lead in english or french though), Shadow League (same not sure if english or russian lead)
    - EP: Wabbajack
    - AD: ...no idea...

For Sotha I just recall Sexy Squad on DC as active and english speaking.

If you want to be interesting for a raid group of any kind it helps if you have a magplar/magwarden healer, a magblade/stamwarden DD, stamsorc/magsorc support.
    Unfortunately the other classes are quite inferior for group play in the current meta.

I hope I could help you out a bit.
    Aka Crowley

Member of Zerg Squad (EP/AD - EU)
    Role: Raid Healer
    Main Characters: Majestic Crowley (Warden Healer - EP) / Father Crowley (Templar Healer - AD) / Brother Crowley (Templar Healer - DC)
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Daggerfall Authority is up most evenings on Vivec, we may be what you look for if you dont look for smallscale. TDA is as old as the game and attracts people who have an active real life but still want to be good at pvp. Note that we are DC only on Vivec so if you like to play for other alliances you have to do that on other campaigns. If you are interested contact me @LarsS in game.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you could ask in the guild section of the forums

If it was PS4 I could recommend a few sadly I'm unsure about the pc
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you type “lfg” in zone chat
    If that doesn’t work try “x”
    I can never get these secret passwords correct.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The best way to join a new guild :

- Enable Nameplate (this will let guilds playing with their tabard on)
    - Follow guild groups around and try to help them as much as you can (heals, resurrections, camps, etc)
    - Whisper players of said guilds for build advices (have specific questions)

After a while, if you perform well, you will most likely get an invite into the group.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • StrawberryKitsune
    StrawberryKitsune
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you all for your suggestions, your help is much appreciated. I kinda figured what we were ideally looking for wouldn't be easy to find.
    @Venom4You thanks for the guild suggestions for vivec but we tried that server and didn't think we were quite at that level yet although we are CP capped and certainly not rookies. We mostly play on Sotha with EP characters so we would be interested in EP guilds though we both have a range of AD and DC characters that could be used for the right guild/faction. We just haven't found a place we fit in yet and we would really like to experience more of pvp and get involved in the community more.
    @frozywozy I hadn't thought of that, thank you for the suggestion we will definitely try that!!
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Determine which scale of PvP you want to play, and then go to where those players play.

This so much.

This is how quite a few players found me. I got a invite to a guild back in late 2015 just for helping a small scale group attack and defend a resource.

Just recently, an old guildmaster came back from a guild I was once a part of. Never ran with the guy ever back when he ran full zergs. Once he found out I was in his OG guild he quickly scooped me up. Now we run in smaller 10-14 man groups on a weekly basis.

Try to put yourself out there with your partner OP. Try to develop your own dream team of coordination. People will definitely take notice of your skills and you'll be brought into other circles of friends. Though in my opinion, it's always wise to study and make sure these 'new' groups of people you want to run with, gel well with you and your partner. Never for go anything positive you both have for the sake of others. Always protect that!
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on January 4, 2018 10:33PM
  • StrawberryKitsune
    StrawberryKitsune
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you very much for all the advise @Takes-No-Prisoner

We'll keep practicing and see if we can find what scale of PvP we like the most. We've been dabbling in very small groups through to large scale.

We will put ourselves out there as much as we can and get more involved in zone chat.

Thanks again for all the help.
    Edited by StrawberryKitsune on January 4, 2018 11:00PM
  • MLRPZ
    MLRPZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If ep, you can get in touch with @Nermy for Wabbajack, @neowon for Drachen Garde (might be german lead idk) or a guy from Daedric Order, i'll edit if I ever find his name again ^^
    AD // Marc the Epic Goat // Templar // AR50
    EP // The Goatfather // Templar // AR44
    AD // Unforgoatable // Sorc // AR33
    EP // You Goat Rekt // NB // AR28
    EP // Bill Goats // Swarden // AR28
    AD // Goat Ya // NB // AR24
    AD // Unforgoatten // StamDK // AR 21
    DC // Egoatcentric // Stamsorc // AR16

and many unused PVE chars

REMOVE FACTION LOCK

AoE Rats
    RIP Zerg Squad
    RIP Banana Squad Inc
    Not your typical goat

• Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you all for your suggestions, your help is much appreciated. I kinda figured what we were ideally looking for wouldn't be easy to find.
    @Venom4You thanks for the guild suggestions for vivec but we tried that server and didn't think we were quite at that level yet although we are CP capped and certainly not rookies. We mostly play on Sotha with EP characters so we would be interested in EP guilds though we both have a range of AD and DC characters that could be used for the right guild/faction. We just haven't found a place we fit in yet and we would really like to experience more of pvp and get involved in the community more.
    @frozywozy I hadn't thought of that, thank you for the suggestion we will definitely try that!!

Decimation Elite, Exterminatus, and Immortal Legends are long- existing, english speaking Pact PvP guilds on Sotha Sil.

Can´t say anything about the "friendliness" part, though.

Hope that helps!
    Edited by Thraben on January 5, 2018 6:37AM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Tekillya
    Tekillya
    ✭✭
    @frozywozy has it right help out in pvp get your name out there. Groups will take notice and start working with you. I had on following my group today stayed and help with the group more than ones in my group. So invited him nice person would invite him back to group.
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MLRPZ wrote: »
    If ep, you can get in touch with @Nermy for Wabbajack, @neowon for Drachen Garde (might be german lead idk) or a guy from Daedric Order, i'll edit if I ever find his name again ^^

@Tillalarrien is who you are looking for, he's not the leader anymore though.
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Tillalarrien
    Tillalarrien
    ✭✭✭
    ...or a guy from Daedric Order, i'll edit if I ever find his name again ^^

latest?cb=20141129232242
    Nermy wrote: »
    @Tillalarrien is who you are looking for...
    Or @Alphaa if you want the man in charge, but he is scary ;D

Think OP got enough contacts now :)
    Still, if your not decided yet, read of that thread of ours, to see if you'd consider us as a good fit.
    Edited by Tillalarrien on January 5, 2018 9:28AM
    Valkynaz of the Daedric Order
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...or a guy from Daedric Order, i'll edit if I ever find his name again ^^

latest?cb=20141129232242

Think OP got enough contacts now :)
    Still, if your not decided yet, read of that thread of ours.

No!!!

Read our thread!!
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Tillalarrien
    Tillalarrien
    ✭✭✭
    Nermy wrote: »

haha,
    tho im not sure we are rly recrutiment competitors.. different playstyles :)
    Edited by Tillalarrien on January 5, 2018 9:42AM
    Valkynaz of the Daedric Order
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think the answers here have covered most of it @StrawberryKitsune personally I took @frozywozy s approach as you can then see the guilds in action, how common they are at your play times, and also how helpful they are to randoms that show an interest

I'm Xbox EU so no direct suggestions but the other path is to check the guild section of this forum. Or put a LFG thread in there.

To your point however I too have noticed PvP guilds come and go. Often they swell the ranks with randoms to get numbers then lose control or drama happens and people leave / move on. I've seen this a few times sadly.

The next step however is to create your own. I think you would be surprised how many people are in the middle ground in PvP, wanting cohesion but aren't pros playing 8 hrs a day. If you still have no joy finding a home why not consider creating your own guild. Advertise on here in guild section and lay out your mantra, I think you'll be suprised how many takers you get!

Either way good luck! (and stick EP, they the only real alliance :) )
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are interested in small scale and playing DC , talk with @Koensol (hope I got his tag right lol)