The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Probably late in saying this but just played my first battleground everyone is a tank

Jake1576
Jake1576
✭✭✭✭✭
Just played my first battleground i've always just played pvp in cyrodiil my first experience was everyone was a tank whent in on my stamina nightblade and had a very difficult time killing anything everyone had 50k health or higher and was doing no damage and was just holding block if this is all battlegrounds is then it isn't for me lol
  • THWIP71
    THWIP71
    ✭✭✭✭
    OK, thanks for sharing? :|
  • SkillzMFG
    SkillzMFG
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's not how I've experienced it. You probably just came across a templard griefing squad
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's what ZOS has wanted. I think their goal is to kill pvp by introducing as much cancer as possible.
    Which is why they went silent on add-ons like Miat's again.
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's CP.

You can be a tank wearing 2dps sets with CP.

Building a tank for no CP BG's use to be rewarding.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• DanielWinterborn
    DanielWinterborn
    ✭✭✭
    It's true, that's what I've been saying so far! Tank fest, can't kill *** and they just sit on capture points perma blocking. How is it that everything with tanks is so overpowered right now?
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They should have more rewards for killing players then standing on a flag holding block.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    Just played my first battleground i've always just played pvp in cyrodiil my first experience was everyone was a tank whent in on my stamina nightblade and had a very difficult time killing anything everyone had 50k health or higher and was doing no damage and was just holding block if this is all battlegrounds is then it isn't for me lol

It used to be epic from launch.

Then they added the CP crutch. And BG went to pot.

Huge shame.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adding CP to battlegrounds put a spotlight on how corrosive CP is to their balancing attempts. And it will only get worse.

I don't think that there's any way to remove cp from the game at this point, since the recent pve content is designed around cp power and stats, but I've reached the point of thinking that cp should be suppressed in all PvP modes and content.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think if they had 50 health they wouldn't even be able to kill a skeever. LOL. That's hilarious.
  • Cage_Lizardman
    Cage_Lizardman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    True. One more reason for me to ignore battlegrounds and stick to the nocp campaign.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BGs have been ruined ever since they added CP for this exact reason. Give us separate queues ZoS! If there are not enough players to fill two queues then the content is not fun or rewarding enough for players to participate in! There are more than enough Morrowind owners out there to fill the queues if changes were made.