The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Which is best capital city? (Defend your favorite city!)

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
:* It's clearly Elden root... but I am hear to listen to why you might think otherwise or agree :p Well here's another fun poll to defend your favorite city!
Edited by Tasear on December 9, 2017 5:32PM

Which is best capital city? (Defend your favorite city!) 375 votes

Elden root
22% 86 votes
Mournhold
36% 136 votes
Wayrest
25% 96 votes
other
15% 57 votes
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mournhold.

Located in the lands of the greatest race in all of Tamriel.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recently relocated all my characters to Mournhold due to the positioning of the crafting stations and writ boards surrounding the guild traders and wayshrine. With 14 characters doing writs it saves a substantial amount of my time.
    [DC/NA]
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta say Elden Root even as a loyal DC player. Sometimes I try to find the entrance to that skillpoint respec shrine in Wayrest but every time after a couple of minutes of somehow not being able to find it I just port to Elden Root :p

Hard to get to in Mournhold too, gotta go through a lot of hallways and up some stairs and through some more, and I usually get lazy after I do find it and port out to leave, but at least I can find it there.
    Edited by Robo_Hobo on December 9, 2017 5:39PM
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea how people can vote mournhold, its art pales in comparison to Eldenroot. And wayrest is just boring.
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial City
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Mournhold.

Mournhold.

Interesting... interesting.. Bosmer don't live there do they? :p
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wayrest, because all my 14 toons are DC.
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im a big EP player but Wayrest actually feels like a city with all its twisting and confusing streets and its cascading levels. Mournhold and Elden Root feel like your traditional basic MMO layout for a "city". I still return to Mournhold because of its ease of access for Crafting and Turn-in Points. But it just doesnt feel like something that is lived in. It feels like a planned strip mall.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mournhold.

^^Couldn't have said it better myself!^^
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • doslekis
    doslekis
    ✭✭✭
    I like deeshan but mournhold just feels weird to me. Wayrest is awesome, feels like a massive city with the alleys and castles and whatnot.

But as a bosmer at heart Elden Root takes the win. I love the big crafting bank room. My first home was snugpod, and I loved walking right out to the dueling area and picking up my dailies, but I shortly upgraded to bouldertree refuge right next door in greenshade, but still visit Elden Root regularly.
    I don't normally use daggers, but when I do, I choose dos Lekis.
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mournhold ezly dark elves, everything close to wayshrine mostly, bank with merchant and skillpoint respec, and the undaunted dailies also not so far
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Blimey, can't stand Elden Root. Mournhold all the way. Davons Watch is better though.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real answer is Sadrith Mora, but Mournhold will do.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • T4T2FR34K
    T4T2FR34K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vivic is the best, bar none...everything...I mean EVERYTHING is right there...its perfect and about time honestly.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mournhold is laggy as hell.
    Elden Root is annoying and spaced out.

Wayrest is the same.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elden Root. It's a tree. A TREE! What more could a little wood elf want?
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since we are talking capital cities... Mournhold. Because Dunmer. And because of Almalexia. And because it brings back fond memories of playing TES-III:Tribunal...

I just wish more "minor" cities had amienities like crafting stations, bank and dye stations as well... I'd love to see some of that in Balmorra for example (especially a bank, since Hlaluu!), or in Sadrith Mora... it would make them seel more like living -cities- then mere scenery...
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elden Root.

--Snugpod
    --Riding stable right next to Snugpod
    --Outlaw refuge easy to get to from Snugpod
    --Guild traders near Snugpod/Wayshrine
    --Undaunted enclave near Snugpod/Watshrine
    --it's a really, big beautiful tree in the middle of a jungle. Beautiful design inside and out. After 2 years of playing, it's still an awesome sight to see.
    --It doesn't feel dreary, dirty and depressing when it's raining like Mournhold and Wayrest do.
    --If it was RL, it'd smell of leaves and wood, while Mournhold would smell of guar dung and Wayrest of Breton dung.
    --Sometimes I rubberband inside the tree but no crappy fps/lag like I usually get in Wayrest

PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • CheepsNSalsa
    CheepsNSalsa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jade1986 wrote: »
    I have no idea how people can vote mournhold, its art pales in comparison to Eldenroot. And wayrest is just boring.

You dare hate on the master race capital reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know where everything is at.
  • Dromede
    Dromede
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elden Root hands down.. Crafting stations, banker and guilds all under the same root, and a -really- cheap house right next to the writ drop-off station. It can't get better than that, for real!
    Skye Cloude - Sorc DPS, Master Crafter. Main, the bestest
    Lae Lenne - Templar Healer Trial grade.
    Dromede - Stamina Nightblade, she's a newb and doesn't know what she's doing
    V'oghatta - Stamplar pretending to be a tank
    Ulville Thonvella - aspiring Fire Mage, be careful around her fire sticks!
    Dromedaris - lost and not found. Named after a shoe, what else can you expect from her? A proper tank in her wildest dreams
    Swims-Naked - too pretty to grind, too silly to quest.
    Sun Flair - Dunmer Templar that can't spell for life. To bad she's too broke to afford a name change... Well, at least she's pretty...
  • Pink_E_808
    Pink_E_808
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love Grahtwood in general and my primary home, Gorinir Estate, is just a short ride north of Elden Root. While I do have all the crafting stations (minus the transmute), I don't have a banker or merchant, but I don't mind taking the time to travel between. I can pick up a few mats along the way and, if I'm going from my home to the great tree, the view as I come upon it is just gorgeous. I've been playing for about a year and am still awed by the beauty of that area.
  • Hrogun
    Hrogun
    ✭✭✭
    Wayrest. It's the only one of the three that feel like an actual city to me.
    I've always hoped that one day other cities would feel and could rivalize with The Big 3, like Sentinel or Windhelm...
    PC EU
    Healer
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does Vivec count as a capital of Morrowing or you need a capital of an alliance. Anyway Vivec is the perfect place for writs. All stations in the open world including the bank.
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elden Root easily for me.

It's gorgeous and all of Valenwood is lovely.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Does Vivec count as a capital of Morrowing or you need a capital of an alliance. Anyway Vivec is the perfect place for writs. All stations in the open world including the bank.

Agree, Vivec, BIS. Only thing that is a bit off is the dye station everything else is right there. Sadly no undaunted enclave though. I have Vivec as my afk place for when I log of my characters.
  • Pendrillion
    Pendrillion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vivec for me too :)
  • teiselaise
    teiselaise
    ✭✭✭
    Well, helstrom is said to be impenetrable and has yet to be conquered, if it has to be an ingame city, I would go for wayrest since it feels like a city.
    Argonian masterrace
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torval

Its really the cat's meow.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elden Root. Respec area is right next to the wayshrine.