The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Which is best capital city? (Defend your favorite city!)

• Jarryzzt
    Jarryzzt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mournhold has the shops, though I suppose not everyone is a frequent buyer of things.

If not for that, I'd actually go with Elden Root. I know others may disagree, but I like the main area layout and never once had any loading screen issues there.

Actually, if the question weren't limited to faction capitals I'd say that for everything other than traders and Undaunted I prefer to hang around Vulkhel's Guard (with either of the other two starting locations close behind). Again, it's just the layout of the various services.
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mournhold. Everything is close and easy to get to. Wayrest is a maze and Elden Root you have to deal with a loading screen to get to the bank/crafting area from the wayshrine.

Wayrest, we are a modern city with plumbing,. Have you ever seen a toilet in Elden Root? Nope. Think of where ll their waste is going.

hint: it does not rain nearly as often as people think in grahwood.

There's actually a quest there that speaks to that point. That's where the "slums" are...At the roots.
    Edited by PlagueSD on December 13, 2017 6:10AM
  • CyborgPlatypus
    CyborgPlatypus
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer stormhold. It's so convenient.

But out of the 3 mains I visit mournhold. The guild traders are convenient.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They all have their problems and none really stand out for me.

Elden Root, while interesting as far as aesthetics goes, has the issue of needing to travel from the wayshrine into the "City" proper to use most of the facilities.

Wayrest is pretty generic looking. It looks like a proper city sure but the issue comes from how far away everything is from each other. Crafting stations in the N, Bank in the West, Dye Station/Enchanting/Alchemy tables in the S, Undaunted Enclave, Traders and Respec Shrine in the SW. Just a pain to traverse.

Mournhold has most the facilities right beside the wayshrine, making it convenient, with only the Bank and Undaunted Enclave being a small trek to get to but probably the most dull of the 3 in aesthetics. Wayrest may be a generic looking city but at least it LOOKS like a proper city instead of a handful of large buildings in close proximity to one another.

Of the 3, I say Mournhold is my favorite merely for convenience purposes alone but again, they all SUCK (IMO)
    Argonian forever
  • primethief147
    primethief147
    ✭✭
    Abahs Landing, because the thief life is the life for me. :)