Maintenance for the week of January 27:
· [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – January 27,  4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC)
· ESO Website for maintenance – January 27, 1:00PM EST (18:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EST (21:00 UTC)

We need to do something about the zergbads.

  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Zergs happen because there is only really the centre to fight over unless one campaign is trash and you can go grab scrolls. Its the fact that there is little viable or worth fighting over as a smaller group/solo player for rewards.

    They have no drawback to zerging aside from slightly lower AP, which is made up for by not dying as much and killing more.

    They exist because anything that harms them was cried away. (Case in point, dynamic ult, though a bit OP, and blazing shield builds.)

    So...zergs happen because of objective based play and the most important objectives are around the center. That's pretty much what I said.

    When people spread out from the center to capture those objectives like people want fights to spread out, they wind up PvDooring stuff which then gets called out for PvDooring.
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS isnt going to do anything about cyrodiil. I mean they did battle grounds, thats where they want you to go for small group action.

    Thats not to say that the OP is wrong, zergs/pugs are killing server performance but im not seeing anything from ZOS thats going to change it. The player base wont self regulate, its just not happening.
    ^The last rational poster left on the ESO forums.
  • Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remove aoe caps and increase damage from siege
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they wanted to do something; I imagine they woul Just reduce AP dramatically beyond whatever group size is intended in 1 area in Cyrodiil. I don’t think they care though. Large battles are supposed to be a thing here regardless of how well it’s functioning at the moment.

    Besides; I seem to find both large and small fights on Shor these days without the lag of Vivec. Pretty happy with it but it is probably getting to a point where people in shor may not want it advertised any more
    Technohic - DC Templar
    Technohicz - DC Nightblade
    Technohix - DC Sorc
    TechDKnohic - DC DK
    Tech No Hic - DC Warden
    Necrohic - DC Necromancer
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Group purge is the problem...you want a purge, you have to synergize is my oppinion
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    A key aspect of ESOs AVA style combat, but the way they are currently is fun for no one. Unkillable balls of idiots who have to think of nothing just spam attacks, if they die, no matter. They get rezzed instantly. Anything that can combat zergs is taken away too. Dynamic ultimate, nerfed. Blazing shield builds, nerfed. (The fact that they dealt near no damage without being hit meant it was balanced) Proxy, nerfed. (Fair) Even block builds who can really only do damage when hit on with multiple targets get nerfed.

    What I would change:
    • Readd a lesser form of dynamic ultimate. On top of the current ult gen we have now. This won't be too OP, but will still help.
    • Buff and add more abilities/sets that scale well against multiple targets. Things like proxy, blazing, seventh and fury. Things like shimmering/wings should be per person. General stuff to not be streamrolled.
    • Remove all AoE caps completely, aside from effects that have low targets purposefully. (Jabs extra st damage and shalk st stun.) Things like encase or permafrost should damage and stun anyone able to be stunned within the range, whether its 1 or 100 people.
    • Make rezzing more difficult. When rezzing in PvP there should be a cost. maybe health, ulti or something? And those who have been rezzed shouldn't be able to res themselves for 1min. This would less affect coordinated groups, more large masses who can just shrug off any death.
    • Limit healing to two people in PvP. How this would work. When healed, it'd assign two healers to a player for x seconds, (yourself not included) and for that X seconds, you can only be healed by yourself or two healers. This won't affect small groups, and healers can still heal multiple players, just bigger groups can't stack them and heal through everything. Players would have to look out for there own health bar a little more. PvP only Maybe even reduce all external healing. So anything not healed by themselves is reduced. However for this the achievements will have to be changed.
    • Nerf abilities/sets that allow zergs to take no damage/Xv1 hard. Soul assault, snipe spam, earth gore, the ability to camp high up and spam ranged trash without fear, (Chains and gapclosers outside of keeps should take you to them/vice versa.)
    • EDIT: Limiting snares to a maj/min system. Stam warden can deal with it, but other classes have to sacrifice a lot and it just sucks. Break free? Snared 70% and zerged down.

    On snipe spam, i'd make it have to be aimed, like a long, narrow soul assault, but remove the cast time and be faster/unblockable if it hits and do more damage at range, so it would require skill to use, but able to work as a spammable and be very damaging.

    Just a bunch of really bad suggestions, it's unusual though to see so many all in one place at once...
  • Motherball
    Motherball
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zergs are more fun because when you mess up, nobody notices. I dont need someone telling me I suck, or to play their way when Im playing a video game. There are probably way more people that like zerg pvp than bg for this reason alone. The numbers indicate this as well.

    You could eliminate the zergs, but you would likely eliminate the majority of pvp as well. Players who do not thrive on competition arent going to stick around and be berated by tryhards, so the number of targets will be reduced significantly, in my opinion.
    Edited by Motherball on November 24, 2017 6:11PM
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would just roll back to 1.5. Make it a subscription only server to fund it.

    Soft Caps
    Dynamic ulti regen
    No CP's (they've had to nerf all classes passives because of this stupid system)
    No AoE caps!

    Given that the paywall killed Battlegrounds even more than CP did, good luck.

    BG's are crap compared to patch 1.5 Cyrodiil PvP though.
    PC EU
  • TheMystid
    TheMystid
    ✭✭✭
    Dont forget that non-corridor zones are nowadays (at least in PC EU) guarded by small organized groups (3-6) of good players - always the same ones - that act as if they were a solo player (but way stronger ofc, exploiting op synergies)... They basically prevent zergs from spreading out, because they just kill anyone who passes by, making alternative path non viable for most of Cyro players.
    PC EU

    Nostalgic StamDk
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's my belief that zergs are important to any RvR style game mode. However one group should not artificially be buffed statistically wise. Just because they have more numbers. It's just silly, demeaning, and insulting.

    Honestly I believe that the whole safety in number, via AOE caps. Should be abolished. That way zergs can still zerg till their hearts are content. But they will be at the same risk of taking full damage as say a small coordinated group of players.

    If ZOS removed the AOE cap. I honestly believe it would be the golden age of "Special Operation" units. Players who hones their skill and tactics to the point. That with a small group can rival even the fattest of zergs.

    I personally have nothing against zerglings. I myself at times decide to partake in some zerg action. But again safety in numbers. Through artificial buffs be being a huge group is not a good way to go about it. If you mindlessly eat a bomb you should eat that bomb. Not be spared from that bomb because game says "You have more numbers thus don't get to take damage."
    Hope is Nothing More, than a Postponed Disappointment
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    To the people that like to call others out and call them zerglins and zergbads and yet play in open world cyro themselves...please tell me how you do not zerg and you are genuine soloers who are just ungrouped and obviously not running with a zerg themselves.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ____________
    Fantasia
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dredlord wrote: »
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    A key aspect of ESOs AVA style combat, but the way they are currently is fun for no one. Unkillable balls of idiots who have to think of nothing just spam attacks, if they die, no matter. They get rezzed instantly. Anything that can combat zergs is taken away too. Dynamic ultimate, nerfed. Blazing shield builds, nerfed. (The fact that they dealt near no damage without being hit meant it was balanced) Proxy, nerfed. (Fair) Even block builds who can really only do damage when hit on with multiple targets get nerfed.

    What I would change:
    • Readd a lesser form of dynamic ultimate. On top of the current ult gen we have now. This won't be too OP, but will still help.
    • Buff and add more abilities/sets that scale well against multiple targets. Things like proxy, blazing, seventh and fury. Things like shimmering/wings should be per person. General stuff to not be streamrolled.
    • Remove all AoE caps completely, aside from effects that have low targets purposefully. (Jabs extra st damage and shalk st stun.) Things like encase or permafrost should damage and stun anyone able to be stunned within the range, whether its 1 or 100 people.
    • Make rezzing more difficult. When rezzing in PvP there should be a cost. maybe health, ulti or something? And those who have been rezzed shouldn't be able to res themselves for 1min. This would less affect coordinated groups, more large masses who can just shrug off any death.
    • Limit healing to two people in PvP. How this would work. When healed, it'd assign two healers to a player for x seconds, (yourself not included) and for that X seconds, you can only be healed by yourself or two healers. This won't affect small groups, and healers can still heal multiple players, just bigger groups can't stack them and heal through everything. Players would have to look out for there own health bar a little more. PvP only Maybe even reduce all external healing. So anything not healed by themselves is reduced. However for this the achievements will have to be changed.
    • Nerf abilities/sets that allow zergs to take no damage/Xv1 hard. Soul assault, snipe spam, earth gore, the ability to camp high up and spam ranged trash without fear, (Chains and gapclosers outside of keeps should take you to them/vice versa.)
    • EDIT: Limiting snares to a maj/min system. Stam warden can deal with it, but other classes have to sacrifice a lot and it just sucks. Break free? Snared 70% and zerged down.

    On snipe spam, i'd make it have to be aimed, like a long, narrow soul assault, but remove the cast time and be faster/unblockable if it hits and do more damage at range, so it would require skill to use, but able to work as a spammable and be very damaging.

    Just a bunch of really bad suggestions, it's unusual though to see so many all in one place at once...

    Explain.

    Whilst I'm not saying add all, but it is changes that affects unorganised ball groups and gives fair and limited buffs to smaller/solo players without making it 1.5 again. It also fixes the ttk heal issue everyone hates without making it impossible

    Let me guess, ball group healer or zergbad snipe spam/ap farmer. Are you one of the ones who cried any zergbad counters away?

    It doesn't even kill zergs, they can still res more, deal more damage, and have more utility/buffs/debuffs.
    Edited by ak_pvp on November 24, 2017 10:43PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    Group purge is the problem...you want a purge, you have to synergize is my oppinion

    Lack of individual mobilty options is the problem and the lack of build diversity that comes from that. I look at NB and sorcs as examples; both have a way to move through Sprint and both have a way to reset fights by streaking or becoming hidden; both can negate additional DMG through shields or teleporting out of danger. Templars can purge but spamable debuff stacking makes this unreliable/frustrating and DKs can move via their ultimate but snares stop this from happening plus ulti cost limits this along with limitations on where you can jump.

    It's one thing to not expect to kill a group on your own, but being solo you should have mobilty that let's you outrun zergs. I should be able to time an AOE cc then move:
    - DKs - take flight should work regardless of snares/immobilze. Chains should work in order to give DKs a source of major expedition. Snare immunity granted on ultimate use and secondary morph of chains turns it into a heal that grants target immunity to snares.
    - Templars - purge should clear all snares and grant immunity to snares for 8 seconds but changed to remove only 1-2 dots. Buff charge to grant unblocked AOE CC at cast for both morphs. Buff radiant ward/blazing shield to scale off max mag. Review BoL/HtD to compensate to full mobilty/shield use.
    - nightblades- fix shade. Fix stealth breaking abilities that work unintentionally. Otherwise in a good place with access to major expedition, gap closer , shade teleport and stealth.
    - Sorc - remove streak cost penalty. Make access to harness mag not stackable with max mag classes shield (same for Templars if radiant ward becomes max mag). But keep healing Ward stacking. Otherwise good place with streak giving an AOE cc, major expedition mobilty, and max stat shield.
    - warden - major expedition access is good start but I feel like they are missing some interesting movement mechanic. Give snare immunity to the teleport rune when its armed or make one morph teleport the warden and one enemy to the rune location.
    - shuffle - give crit resists instead of snare immunity (since everyone will have snare immunity or a proper escape mechanic to compensate)

    Just my thoughts.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea whether this thread is about ball-groups or actual zergs.

    OP ses to be talking about ball groups, but calls them zergs, and now the thread seems all mixed up with people throwing in their opinions of A any people disagreeing because they think they are talking about B.

    Its all very confusing...

    Stay fruity out there!
    Minalan owes me a beer.

    PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    I have no idea whether this thread is about ball-groups or actual zergs.

    OP ses to be talking about ball groups, but calls them zergs, and now the thread seems all mixed up with people throwing in their opinions of A any people disagreeing because they think they are talking about B.

    Its all very confusing...

    Stay fruity out there!

    I suppose its more the ball groups, pugs of 12-24 that jump on solo/duo/trio players and just delete them. But it affects "true" zergs too.


    This isn't even saying remake 1.5 DKs, its more give players defenses a fighting chance against multiple people with decent scaling defense/offense.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Biro123 wrote: »
    I have no idea whether this thread is about ball-groups or actual zergs.

    OP ses to be talking about ball groups, but calls them zergs, and now the thread seems all mixed up with people throwing in their opinions of A any people disagreeing because they think they are talking about B.

    Its all very confusing...

    Stay fruity out there!

    I suppose its more the ball groups, pugs of 12-24 that jump on solo/duo/trio players and just delete them. But it affects "true" zergs too.


    This isn't even saying remake 1.5 DKs, its more give players defenses a fighting chance against multiple people with decent scaling defense/offense.

    Pugs are not ball groups. There is a huge difference between a bunch of pugs and a group composed specifically for balling up with everyone just spamming their role and bombing on crowns calls.
    Technohic - DC Templar
    Technohicz - DC Nightblade
    Technohix - DC Sorc
    TechDKnohic - DC DK
    Tech No Hic - DC Warden
    Necrohic - DC Necromancer
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And anything that would make a single player more effective against a ball group, will only make a ball group more effective against the bigger faction zergs.

    The single player would still not be able to kill the ball-group, but now neither would the faction-zerg too.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

    PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Biro123 wrote: »
    I have no idea whether this thread is about ball-groups or actual zergs.

    OP ses to be talking about ball groups, but calls them zergs, and now the thread seems all mixed up with people throwing in their opinions of A any people disagreeing because they think they are talking about B.

    Its all very confusing...

    Stay fruity out there!

    I suppose its more the ball groups, pugs of 12-24 that jump on solo/duo/trio players and just delete them. But it affects "true" zergs too.


    This isn't even saying remake 1.5 DKs, its more give players defenses a fighting chance against multiple people with decent scaling defense/offense.

    Pugs are not ball groups. There is a huge difference between a bunch of pugs and a group composed specifically for balling up with everyone just spamming their role and bombing on crowns calls.

    Maybe I'm not too up on the latest hip lingo.

    I consider zergs the 20+ groups, generally spammy pugs. Ball groups as smaller zergs, and what you described to be an organized group. Which generally you won't win against even if all my changes go through. (never going to happen lel.)

    This is generally against the spammy pugs who only win from sheer numbers.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Biro123 wrote: »
    I have no idea whether this thread is about ball-groups or actual zergs.

    OP ses to be talking about ball groups, but calls them zergs, and now the thread seems all mixed up with people throwing in their opinions of A any people disagreeing because they think they are talking about B.

    Its all very confusing...

    Stay fruity out there!

    I suppose its more the ball groups, pugs of 12-24 that jump on solo/duo/trio players and just delete them. But it affects "true" zergs too.


    This isn't even saying remake 1.5 DKs, its more give players defenses a fighting chance against multiple people with decent scaling defense/offense.

    Pugs are not ball groups. There is a huge difference between a bunch of pugs and a group composed specifically for balling up with everyone just spamming their role and bombing on crowns calls.

    Maybe I'm not too up on the latest hip lingo.

    I consider zergs the 20+ groups, generally spammy pugs. Ball groups as smaller zergs, and what you described to be an organized group. Which generally you won't win against even if all my changes go through. (never going to happen lel.)

    This is generally against the spammy pugs who only win from sheer numbers.

    I guess the big difference is balling up and coordination. The PUGS likely will spam but not really synergize with the rest of their group. It’s generally to get s hit in before the target melts.

    They are somewhat loose though; and these are not much of an issue because they can be thinned out rather easily. There’s usually only few that are descent surfing in there so once you trim the fat; it’s not bad. They really aren’t that big of deal.
    Technohic - DC Templar
    Technohicz - DC Nightblade
    Technohix - DC Sorc
    TechDKnohic - DC DK
    Tech No Hic - DC Warden
    Necrohic - DC Necromancer
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you’re not in an organized group using discord or TS yeah, you’re going to lose then subsequently complain that you are getting steam rolled by zergs. Even though there is a clear cut difference between a Zerg of disorganized players and a full raid of organized players. I’m not talking “put x in chat, TS required” groups. That’s not organized. It’s randoms. A real organized group isn’t a “bunch of idiots” as you say, it’s quite the opposite. Specialized roles and required builds, tactics and strategy that leads to victory 9/10 times against an enemy force twice the size. I know some people don’t like having to build how someone else tells them too but that order and discipline is key to success. It’s an AvAvA large scale war. Battlegrounds should of been a good answer for small scale but they ruined it with CP...
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you’re not in an organized group using discord or TS yeah, you’re going to lose then subsequently complain that you are getting steam rolled by zergs. Even though there is a clear cut difference between a Zerg of disorganized players and a full raid of organized players. I’m not talking “put x in chat, TS required” groups. That’s not organized. It’s randoms. A real organized group isn’t a “bunch of idiots” as you say, it’s quite the opposite. Specialized roles and required builds, tactics and strategy that leads to victory 9/10 times against an enemy force twice the size. I know some people don’t like having to build how someone else tells them too but that order and discipline is key to success. It’s an AvAvA large scale war. Battlegrounds should of been a good answer for small scale but they ruined it with CP...

    This. A raid that trains together, runs close together, and has a mixture of roles for support, healing, and damage is going to dominate the battlefield because of superior organization and execution of tactics. Gear sets and meta skills will come and go, organization and training carries the day.

    Organized raid v PUGs is a slaughter, 9 times out of 10. Organized raid v organized raid has been some of the best PVP I've ever experienced. But then, I enjoy group combat and playing support roles. I certainly understand the people who prefer 1v1 or small group or PUGing it, and I've done all of those, but my preferred playstyle is definitely playing with a trained, organized, raid.
  • Alexandrious
    Alexandrious
    ✭✭✭
    If the Zergs had no one to fight, would they stay a Zerg?

    Imo, if you wanna do something about Zergs, just play BGs, we need numbers

    But arnt bgs just as much as clownhour as cyrodil zerges due to unkillable tank builds?

    All The Kek
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you’re not in an organized group using discord or TS yeah, you’re going to lose then subsequently complain that you are getting steam rolled by zergs. Even though there is a clear cut difference between a Zerg of disorganized players and a full raid of organized players. I’m not talking “put x in chat, TS required” groups. That’s not organized. It’s randoms. A real organized group isn’t a “bunch of idiots” as you say, it’s quite the opposite. Specialized roles and required builds, tactics and strategy that leads to victory 9/10 times against an enemy force twice the size. I know some people don’t like having to build how someone else tells them too but that order and discipline is key to success. It’s an AvAvA large scale war. Battlegrounds should of been a good answer for small scale but they ruined it with CP...

    This. A raid that trains together, runs close together, and has a mixture of roles for support, healing, and damage is going to dominate the battlefield because of superior organization and execution of tactics. Gear sets and meta skills will come and go, organization and training carries the day.

    Organized raid v PUGs is a slaughter, 9 times out of 10. Organized raid v organized raid has been some of the best PVP I've ever experienced. But then, I enjoy group combat and playing support roles. I certainly understand the people who prefer 1v1 or small group or PUGing it, and I've done all of those, but my preferred playstyle is definitely playing with a trained, organized, raid.

    And what’s funny is even though I run with a organized guild I still actually prefer solo or small group lol. It’s a great sight to see when we roll through twice the enemy numbers but there is something more fun about running solo to me. Maybe more gratification from victories as I achieve them all by myself? Either way, both play styles are fun and people need to learn to adapt to any given situation.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with a lot what you said, especially aoe caps and Earthgore and the like. Also make Proxy det not suck.
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Biro123 wrote: »
    I have no idea whether this thread is about ball-groups or actual zergs.

    OP ses to be talking about ball groups, but calls them zergs, and now the thread seems all mixed up with people throwing in their opinions of A any people disagreeing because they think they are talking about B.

    Its all very confusing...

    Stay fruity out there!

    I suppose its more the ball groups, pugs of 12-24 that jump on solo/duo/trio players and just delete them. But it affects "true" zergs too.


    This isn't even saying remake 1.5 DKs, its more give players defenses a fighting chance against multiple people with decent scaling defense/offense.

    Pugs are not ball groups. There is a huge difference between a bunch of pugs and a group composed specifically for balling up with everyone just spamming their role and bombing on crowns calls.

    There really is no difference between ball groups and bot trains in pve. Both mindless.
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don’t have to be in a Zerg to ball group, it can be 6 people in sync proxing up zerg busting with ults, ball grouping is more of a play style.
    Ebonheart Pact: Templar - Overlord - Knight Paladin Tiberium Aka The Golden Saint

  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make up your mind, you want people in pvp or not? Take the good with the bad, war isn't supposed to be fair.
    Raising floors and lower ceilings by zos standards has created an iron maiden.
    No matter how well you played,when the game is over,the king and pawn go back in the same box.
    Be careful what you ask for from zo$, you always get punished.
    Call me toxic,your the one being slowly poisoned by greed.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thedude33 wrote: »
    There really is no difference between ball groups and bot trains in pve. Both mindless.

    I do beg to differ! Bot trains have much better coordination.

  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    Make up your mind, you want people in pvp or not? Take the good with the bad, war isn't supposed to be fair.

    Making the game fairer will kill PvP?

    No, maybe people not getting zerged down constantly and playing horse sim would have more people in PvP. To those like you saying oh well, irl wars are like this. We aren't in real life, we are in a game where people are throwing fire balls and can resurrect.
    if you’re not in an organized group using discord or TS yeah, you’re going to lose then subsequently complain that you are getting steam rolled by zergs. Even though there is a clear cut difference between a Zerg of disorganized players and a full raid of organized players. I’m not talking “put x in chat, TS required” groups. That’s not organized. It’s randoms. A real organized group isn’t a “bunch of idiots” as you say, it’s quite the opposite. Specialized roles and required builds, tactics and strategy that leads to victory 9/10 times against an enemy force twice the size. I know some people don’t like having to build how someone else tells them too but that order and discipline is key to success. It’s an AvAvA large scale war. Battlegrounds should of been a good answer for small scale but they ruined it with CP...

    This. A raid that trains together, runs close together, and has a mixture of roles for support, healing, and damage is going to dominate the battlefield because of superior organization and execution of tactics. Gear sets and meta skills will come and go, organization and training carries the day.

    Organized raid v PUGs is a slaughter, 9 times out of 10. Organized raid v organized raid has been some of the best PVP I've ever experienced. But then, I enjoy group combat and playing support roles. I certainly understand the people who prefer 1v1 or small group or PUGing it, and I've done all of those, but my preferred playstyle is definitely playing with a trained, organized, raid.

    And what’s funny is even though I run with a organized guild I still actually prefer solo or small group lol. It’s a great sight to see when we roll through twice the enemy numbers but there is something more fun about running solo to me. Maybe more gratification from victories as I achieve them all by myself? Either way, both play styles are fun and people need to learn to adapt to any given situation.

    Adapt to getting mowed down by multiple players who themselves don't need to adapt or manage resources/health/buffs because they have numbers carrying them without any drawback. Hell, for some reason AoE caps exist. There is no reason an NB shouldn't be able to fear everyone within the cone, or a DK talonsing everyone in the vicinity, since an entire group could do that to a single player with full damage and effects.
    Edited by ak_pvp on November 26, 2017 9:20PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
Sign In or Register to comment.