The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I need a refund on mats...

• IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    Yes, you can wear two crafted sets plus monster helm or 3 x agility/willpower for example, and you still can do it just fine even after this change. Clever Alchemist back bar with dual wield or S&B, drink potion, switch to front bar with Hunding's Rage.

Two crafted sets and a monster helm would be 11 slots. You only have 9 possible crafted gear slots so you can only do 5x of one crafted set and 4x of another. OP is using 2-handed weapons so he only has 8 crafted gear slots. The point is you can't wear Alchemist and Hunding's simultaneously.

Yes, with 2-hander it's not possible, but for example you can do 5 x Clever alchemist back bar dual wield, get into combat, drink potion, then switch to front bar with 3 x Clever and 5 x hunding rage. There are several set bonuses intended to work like this, where the proc remains after you swap to different bar.
    Acrolas wrote: »
    Right. He's intending to switch from an active Alchemist (weapon damage) to an active Hunding's and Night Mother combo (more weapon damage plus crit armor reduction), as indicated by the yellow gear macro commands on the bottom of his screen shot. It's all right there in the picture.

Perhaps but I'd say it's a bit of a leap to assume that just from screenshot. Lot of people use the add on to change gear without trying to exploit.
  • T4T2FR34K
    T4T2FR34K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It just amazes me that because I joined the game Oct 8th and the forums Oct 20th that it is in fact MY FAULT and so many of you jump to defend the staff vs your own peers...all the likes and agrees...how have you become so brain washed...is this some twisted version of the Stockholm syndrome...are you the actual team coming to champion your game with your Clark Bent pseudonyms...how is it that an OBVIOUS error on their part draws ridicule and hate towards the victim...will you tell your daughters/sons, your mothers/fathers the same thing when someone overtly/covertly does them wrong through neglect or intent...im curious...how do you look at yourself in the mirror?

thus we fall, they divide us
    Edited by T4T2FR34K on November 14, 2017 10:15PM
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    T4T2FR34K wrote: »
    Huyen wrote: »
    Wait...you want a refund because they didnt change the description in-game while you did read the patch-notes? Good luck with that seeing you are aware of the changes.

You assume to much...

You assume you're getting your refund no?
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It just amazes me that because I joined the game Oct 8th and the forums Oct 20th that it is in fact MY FAULT and so many of you jump to defend the staff vs your own peers...all the likes and agrees...how have you become so brain washed...is this some twisted version of the Stockholm syndrome...are you the actual team coming to champion your game with your Clark Bent pseudonyms...how is it that an OBVIOUS error on their part draws ridicule and hate towards the victim...will you tell your daughters/sons, your mothers/fathers the same thing when someone overtly/covertly does them wrong through neglect or intent...im curious...how do you look at yourself in the mirror?

thus we fall, they divide us

You haven't been playing long. So what you are lacking is perspective.

Okay, yes, they should've updated the item description when they made that change. That's their fault. Go submit a bug report. Post this in the bug report forum. Pester them to change the description to be more explicit.

But there's a snowflake's chance in hell they'll compensate you in any way. If you've played the game long enough, you'll know that gold mats come and go easily. Most people have golded out countless sets. And countless golded out sets have been rendered obsolete/useless with each "balance" patch. And that they consider such gold mat sinks to be a good and necessary thing.

Also, as people have pointed out, you should always test out a set before golding it. Always. The onus was on you to make sure you really wanted this before spending the resources. I'm not talking about item description or websites or anything like that--the research that everyone must do is actually testing a set out in live gameplay. Make a CP150 blue set, go play around with it. A lot of sets have behaviors, restrictions, or caveats that are not obvious or stated in the tooltip. I don't care that websites don't warn you. I don't care if the in-game description doesn't warn you. None of that is relevant, because the only research that matters is a live test, and there is no substitute for that.

And even if it wasn't your fault, they never have--and never will--compensate people for things like this. And this again goes back to perspective--if you've played this game as long as people have, you'll realize how petty this complaint is. I get it--you're new, gold mats are probably extremely precious to someone as new as you, so you think that this is a big deal. But it's not, and nobody will take this "refund" request of yours seriously.

But you could and should get them to change the description text, though.
    Edited by code65536 on November 15, 2017 8:26AM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow...the paranoid conspiracy theorist is supposed to be me...I wear hundings and sword-singer...I WAS going to wear CA/SS...when I'm riding around or sneaking around I wear nights mother/terror and cyrodiils ward and yes...im using an add on...if you think I'm cheating then go back to every post defending Miats and change it...

I've never even considered wearing CA on one bar and hundings on another (I don't think that would work in combat...would it?) but noble attempt to throw this back on me except for where it lies...

Funny, that. You're 'informed' enough to know about the existence of Miat's , but can't be bothered to be informed about something that's been common knowledge for some time now.

Own your mistake and move on.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • T4T2FR34K
    T4T2FR34K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow...the paranoid conspiracy theorist is supposed to be me...I wear hundings and sword-singer...I WAS going to wear CA/SS...when I'm riding around or sneaking around I wear nights mother/terror and cyrodiils ward and yes...im using an add on...if you think I'm cheating then go back to every post defending Miats and change it...

I've never even considered wearing CA on one bar and hundings on another (I don't think that would work in combat...would it?) but noble attempt to throw this back on me except for where it lies...

Funny, that. You're 'informed' enough to know about the existence of Miat's , but can't be bothered to be informed about something that's been common knowledge for some time now.

Own your mistake and move on.

So you've taken it on yourself to be a little resident bully...think spouting your rhetoric is gonna intimidate ME? Heres what you can do, tell me how to mute your garbage and then you do likewise and we never have to interrupt your little dream world again...