The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I need a refund on mats...

T4T2FR34K
T4T2FR34K
✭✭✭✭✭
...you didn't change the description on clever alchemist, it does not work as described.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In combat, now. I believe that's what the gear actually says, as well.
  • T4T2FR34K
    T4T2FR34K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it doesn't I just made it...gold.
  • T4T2FR34K
    T4T2FR34K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Screenshot_20171114_023111.png
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Open a ticket in game you might be lucky
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • T4T2FR34K
    T4T2FR34K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Open a ticket in game you might be lucky
    Good point, ty.
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait...you want a refund because they didnt change the description in-game while you did read the patch-notes? Good luck with that seeing you are aware of the changes.
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
  • T4T2FR34K
    T4T2FR34K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huyen wrote: »
    Wait...you want a refund because they didnt change the description in-game while you did read the patch-notes? Good luck with that seeing you are aware of the changes.

You assume to much...
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearly he cane here to check afterwards.

Def go ticket route, and respond to the auto email. You never know they have done similar things for some
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, seriously research the sets you're going to use before upgrading them to gold. I'd honestly recommend starting with purple in most cases, and only upgrading after you've committed to that build. The price hike for that last bit should be enough to make you pause.
  • T4T2FR34K
    T4T2FR34K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, seriously research the sets you're going to use before upgrading them to gold. I'd honestly recommend starting with purple in most cases, and only upgrading after you've committed to that build. The price hike for that last bit should be enough to make you pause.

LOL, how are you going to put the onus on ME...I did research it...

2017-11-14_1.png

2017-11-14.png

Screenshot_20171114_071537.png

...its only AFTER something is BROKEN or CHANGED that you search with those terms.

So, PLEASE, enlighten me on how this is CLEARLY my fault now that I've SHOWN my work...

Edited by T4T2FR34K on November 14, 2017 12:30PM
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    T4T2FR34K wrote: »

LOL, how are you going to put the onus on ME...I did research it...

2017-11-14_1.png

2017-11-14.png

Screenshot_20171114_071537.png

...its only AFTER something is BROKEN or CHANGED that you search with those terms.

So, PLEASE, enlighten me on how this is CLEARLY my fault now that I've SHOWN my work...
    It's not your fault. Those websites didn't update yet after the "nerf". But the craftet set still shows the old information "when you drink .....".
    @Zos should have updated it after the change with something like: "When in combat when you drink......".

Yes, it was in the patch notes, but all players who did not read them fully (it could be players who just joined the game like yesterday) and read the sets description will read: "when you drink ....", and not "When in combat when you drink......".

So ticket it and I hope you get a refund.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They'll likely update the tooltip at some point, but the information (the most updated and relevant information) is in the patch notes.

They're not going to revert your set, nor refund your mat cost any more than they will/did for 100's of Tava's sets or anything else in game that's changed at some point.

The set still works, as intended even, you simply have to be in combat beforehand.

Means you'll have to work a little harder for your intended gank. That's all.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • SammyFable
    SammyFable
    ✭✭✭✭
    To prevent stuff like that in the future, ALWAYS read patch notes. Including PTS notes, there might be some more specific wording in them than in live notes.
    Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Tick Tock Terrorist Tormentor
    Immortal Memer
    Gryphon Heart
  • T4T2FR34K
    T4T2FR34K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SammyFable wrote: »
    To prevent stuff like that in the future, ALWAYS read patch notes. Including PTS notes, there might be some more specific wording in them than in live notes.

Well when did they publish the patch notes...I couldn't use the forums until October 20th, 2017 because of some secret password I had to ask for...
  • T4T2FR34K
    T4T2FR34K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They'll likely update the tooltip at some point, but the information (the most updated and relevant information) is in the patch notes.

They're not going to revert your set, nor refund your mat cost any more than they will/did for 100's of Tava's sets or anything else in game that's changed at some point.

The set still works, as intended even, you simply have to be in combat beforehand.

I like to speak with my pocketbook...not so much with hubris...
  • jkolb2030
    jkolb2030
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what they would do in this case... if they would give you your tempers/wax at least, maybe?

I would still submit a ticket, ZoS knows that not all of the playerbase is active on the forums and up to date on the patch notes; this also took place in the HoTR patch i think.

Submit the ticket and see if they can at least refund your gold mats, worth a shot for sure. If they can't, try the set out and see if it still works for your playstyle even without being able to boost your dmg before initiating a fight.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I like to speak with my pocketbook...not so much with hubris...

Which is certainly your option, but it won't change the outcome. They didn't even refund single skillpoints on changed passives/skills. They're not going to fork over 250k worth of tempers.

You, like many before you, are not going to singlehandedly bankrupt the company.

And for your password? The forums are public, which means you only need enter a birth date to view them (patch notes included). You only need an active account to post.

For future reference, it would be effectively no different had you golded out the gear in its old form, only to have the very same change that happened go through to change it to its current form.

This has happened with dozens of sets in the past, and will happen with dozens of sets in the future. It's the way of the game.

Take it as a learning experience and a (minor,) loss.

Again, the set still works, just with minor difference. It's a tooltip error. Nothing more.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, they'll refund that, as soon as they refund the mats for all the gear that had been nerfed or otherwise rendered obsolete each patch...

...which means they'll get back to you probably around, hmm, never.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • T4T2FR34K
    T4T2FR34K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #SnipIt.

You can keep your opinions...or maybe go look through your own threads when something affected you and then get back to me...
    Edited by T4T2FR34K on November 14, 2017 2:23PM
  • T4T2FR34K
    T4T2FR34K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Sure, they'll refund that, as soon as they refund the mats for all the gear that had been nerfed or otherwise rendered obsolete each patch...

...which means they'll get back to you probably around, hmm, never.

You rote zombies like to roll over...go for it...not I.
  • SammyFable
    SammyFable
    ✭✭✭✭

Well when did they publish the patch notes...I couldn't use the forums until October 20th, 2017 because of some secret password I had to ask for...

22.10.2017: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/376895/pc-mac-patch-notes-v3-2-5-clockwork-city
    Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Tick Tock Terrorist Tormentor
    Immortal Memer
    Gryphon Heart
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    While I don't think they'll refund your mats, it seems a bit unreasonable for people to just pile on OP and say he should have read the patch notes.

Accurate item descriptions in-game is not too much to ask/expect. That text SHOULD have been updated when the set was changed. It wasn't. Not everyone uses the forums and patch notes aren't made easily available via the game launcher or client.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • T4T2FR34K
    T4T2FR34K
    ✭✭✭✭✭

22.10.2017: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/376895/pc-mac-patch-notes-v3-2-5-clockwork-city

LULZ...1 tiny little sentence in that HUGE WALL OF TEXT...get real, 2 days on the forums...
  • T4T2FR34K
    T4T2FR34K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I don't think they'll refund your mats, it seems a bit unreasonable for people to just pile on OP and say he should have read the patch notes.

Accurate item descriptions in-game is not too much to ask/expect. That text SHOULD have been updated when the set was changed. It wasn't. Not everyone uses the forums and patch notes aren't made easily available via the game launcher or client.

Exactly dude...like they got nothing in life better to do than be jaded...whats that analogy or saying with the crabs in a barrel...

p.s. in the end none of this matters...if they want to be petty with some virtual crap then Ill be greedy with my real life crap...macht nichts
    Edited by T4T2FR34K on November 14, 2017 3:00PM
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Agreed. Expecting every player to read all the patch notes just proves what kind of a bubble many players on these forums are in. Yeah the hardest of the hardcores (people that post alot on here) couldn't even fathom not reading them over and over, but many casual players don't even realize they exist. I have had conversations with many players in the game about upcoming changes and many weren't even aware they were released to the public. There is no excuse for the text on the gear not changing other than it's another thing in this game that they didn't just quite put enough attention into.

Edit: While I feel bad for OP there is 0 chance you will get a mat refund. My advice is to try and make it work. Some have said on here that there are skills that you can cast from stealth that initate combat (I have not tested this).
    Edited by Apache_Kid on November 14, 2017 2:59PM
  • Dread_Viking
    Dread_Viking
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes i agree
    Don't worry girl I'm a Sorcerer, i got my Hardened Ward for protection
  • MasterLenman
    MasterLenman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good luck! I think your chances are low, but who knows...
    Meanwhile, I'm still sad about my golden armor master gear that got rekt in the last update :'(
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While I agree in principle with the OP's assessment that the description should have been updated and it is unfortunate that he crafted and "golded" armor that is not working as described he is not going to get far with his attitude as it is currently.

Support can "fix" the issue if you can make a good enough case to them. Give them a chance. Just be sure to respond quickly and politely to them and be persistent. They will probably tell you "no" the first time, but continue to politely explain your case in your responses.
    Playing since beta...
  • T4T2FR34K
    T4T2FR34K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I agree in principle with the OP's assessment that the description should have been updated and it is unfortunate that he crafted and "golded" armor that is not working as described he is not going to get far with his attitude as it is currently.

Support can "fix" the issue if you can make a good enough case to them. Give them a chance. Just be sure to respond quickly and politely to them and be persistent. They will probably tell you "no" the first time, but continue to politely explain your case in your responses.
    LOL, nothing wrong with my attitude...I give what I get...
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, they should have changed the description. But you really shouldnt be golding gear before trying it.
    [DC/NA]