The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Main Thread for Long Loading Screens

• Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC EU
    Since the (botched) maintenance last week long load screens have returned.
    Very long time to load characters and once in game very long load screens between areas.
    3x tried to port to my home in Marbruk - 3x crashed the game
    Meanwhile the wife has completed knitting a sock whilst waiting to get into a quest related cave / delve in Grahtwood.

Note: I even had a load screen when on horse back going from the wayshrine in Marbruk to the stables.

• Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PC/EU - since last week you need to stop calling them Loading Screens and call them what they are Disconnect Screens
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • BrokenString
    BrokenString
    ✭✭✭
    None of this matters, you can have the most powerful pc and internet connection and still gonna get very long loading screens, fps drops and high latency. It's a game problem, not a player problem.
  • Skogsalf
    Skogsalf
    ✭✭✭
    Ragnork wrote: »
    PC EU

Meanwhile the wife has completed knitting a sock whilst waiting to get into a quest related cave / delve in Grahtwood.

Yep. One more loadscreen and I have another pair of knitted socks :D
  • Kurea
    Kurea
    Soul Shriven
    PC EU

Insanely long loading screens for the last 2 weeks at least. Doesn't seem to be a pattern to it, sometimes it's while trying to go to my house, sometimes it's a delve or just switching zones.
  • Kahansen0928
    Kahansen0928
    Soul Shriven
    I have this minor issue with load screen times on my PC. Usually when I change my graphics settings. Which didn't asurprise me. However with my laptop I figured it was just do to my graphics and hardware systems not being so great. I traveled, and decided to load ESO on my laptop. First off, It took all night to download, Now I've logged in to my account on start up, and it's been a loading screen for nearly 30 minutes......and after typing this response....it's still loading. Any ideas? My laptop is not a fancy laptop at all. It's a cheapy ASUS.
  • Willard
    Willard
    ✭✭✭
    PS4 long loading screens are worse than ever after last maintenance. Especially ones going from a home to a zone. The amount of time it takes to log-in a character is anywhere from 3-5 min which totally killed doing writs on all my characters. I feel like I spend more time in loading screens than playing the game:(
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Willard wrote: »
    PS4 long loading screens are worse than ever after last maintenance. Especially ones going from a home to a zone. The amount of time it takes to log-in a character is anywhere from 3-5 min which totally killed doing writs on all my characters. I feel like I spend more time in loading screens than playing the game:(

Based on this is a 2017 thread...well it's ZOS.

"Thanks for your patience on this, everyone. To reiterate, our priority right now is fixing this issue as soon as we can. We’ll provide updates in this thread as we receive them."
    Edited by Wolfpaw on June 23, 2019 4:51PM
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Acidlite wrote: »
    For those on ps4, send a ticket to psn and demand your money back for the month based on an unplayable game. They will compensate despite ZOS giving the subscribers the middle finger.

Interesting. Thnx for the information, as I pull a necro owo
    Edited by Girl_Number8 on June 23, 2019 5:57PM
  • morrowjen
    morrowjen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC/NA - Long loading screens at startup/login and occasionally when fast travelling or entering a new area. The fast travel/new area load seems pretty random as at times it's normal whereas other times it takes forever. All issues have only been a problem since Elsweyr.
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing, yet another thing that never got resolved, Funny that.

Yet people continue too buy crown and continue to sub to eso+? Supporting this corporate behaviour
  • Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭
    morrowjen wrote: »
    PC/NA - Long loading screens at startup/login and occasionally when fast travelling or entering a new area. The fast travel/new area load seems pretty random as at times it's normal whereas other times it takes forever. All issues have only been a problem since Elsweyr.

Yes, fully agree. Happens to me since Elsweyr. Wasn't a problem before - everything was rather fast and smooth before the new dlc. Now it's more eternal loading screens than I ever had in all these years. PC EU
  • Korinth
    Korinth
    ✭✭✭
    System: PC
    Area: Cyrodil

Long LOOONG loading screens whenever I use a transitus wayshrine. Happens often. Been happening for YEARS. Some times they are fine..then others it takes me 4-5 min per port.... this is getting really old this far into this game's life.
    Guild Officer
    Tamriel Transport Co.

tusc.enjin.com/home
  • Skarbrand666
    Skarbrand666
    ✭✭✭
    it amazes me it's been 2 years and this is STILL a problem
  • Moonfalcon462
    Moonfalcon462
    ✭✭
    I have 32GB of RAM and still the loading times are too long and why don't you log into the character select screen right away?

Too many unnecessary loading screens at the beginning of logging into the game.
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have 32GB of RAM and still the loading times are too long and why don't you log into the character select screen right away?

Too many unnecessary loading screens at the beginning of logging into the game.

I suspect the load screen at login time will be improved next year once ZOS implements cold storage of inactive accounts. Smaller database = faster login handling.

BTW, having 32 GB of RAM will have no impact on load screens, especially since I have never seen the eso64.exe process use more than 2 GB of RAM at once.
  • mictrost
    mictrost
    Original hard drive in Star Wars PS4 special edition - I mainly get stuck in a loading screen going from Clockwork's Brass City wayshrine to Elsweyr wayshrine. I have to close the app and re-enter. If I go to my inn room in Rimmen first, no problem.
  • Mathius_Mordred
    Mathius_Mordred
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends what you mean by long load screens. They take as long now as they did in closed beta, about 30 seconds. It doesn't seem to matter what PC you are on, I have run the game on several over the years and now have a Super PC with huge specs and a 200 mbps internet fibre connection direct to the PC, no difference. I do not see infinite loading screens that I did a few years ago and disconnects are perhaps once a week, usually in a trial group.
    Skyrim Red Shirts. Join us at https://skyrimredshirts.co.ukJoin Skyrim Red Shirts. We welcome all, from new players to Vets. A mature drama free social group enjoying PVE questing, Dungeons, trials and arenas. Web, FB Group & Discord. Guild Hall, trial dummy, crafting, transmutation, banker & merchant. You may invite your friends. No requirements
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    I see a big difference in the bandwidth of the Internet connection. I improved 6 months ago from 2Mbit down /0,4 Mbit up to 32Mbit down / 2Mbit up, since then I don't have longer loading screens in PVP nor connection interruptions. Before with the thin line I could not approach a bigger fight without getting "10 meters" before a connection interruption.
    Now I can jump into any big fight on PC EU Kaalgrondtiid, no matter if the fight already started or starts, no matter if there are 1 ball groups running around the 5 of them. :)
    Oh yes, and you should only use a minimum of addons. In PVP I only use two "Kill Counter" and "Alliance Points Counter". This also helps a lot.
    PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends what you mean by long load screens. They take as long now as they did in closed beta, about 30 seconds. It doesn't seem to matter what PC you are on, I have run the game on several over the years and now have a Super PC with huge specs and a 200 mbps internet fibre connection direct to the PC, no difference. I do not see infinite loading screens that I did a few years ago and disconnects are perhaps once a week, usually in a trial group.

The average time for the loading screen when logging into a character exceeds my average attention span. I get logged out for inactivity half the time because I wander off. They are longer than they used to be, but I am not sure how much longer because they exceed my attention
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • rollingphoneseb17_ESO
    Are you aiming to "fix" things only when Matt Firor or other ZoS members playing ESO encounters a bug, because he or she thinks it should be fixed at that moment and also most likely bringing new bugs after. What about other thousands of bugs
    existing since beta? Are you going to create a thread for each of those also or only when you actually realize that said bug exists by playing the game at first place?

This is not the only bug that is frustrating and what not. At this pace we can expect all bugs to be fixed.. never?

Could you elaborate please on what sort of bots you are utilizing? Is that those bots used in game? Would be cool to know if you actually support botting in this game.

At least something, top priority for a single bug. Bravo. Nice. GJ. Perfect. #Management #Design #Fix #AwaitForNewUpcomingBugs #Magnanimous
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The average time for the loading screen when logging into a character exceeds my average attention span. I get logged out for inactivity half the time because I wander off. They are longer than they used to be, but I am not sure how much longer because they exceed my attention

Oh, man, tell me about it. I have ADHD - the number of times I've timed out because my attention wandered during the 2+ minutes of looking at a loading screen and I alt-tabbed out to do something else is almost comical. Almost.
  • Eiregirl
    Eiregirl
    ✭✭✭
    PC i7 8700K
    GTX 1080TI
    Windows 10
    SSD + SATA

Logging in and anytime I have to change zones or enter dungeons.
  • Reedx
    Reedx
    ✭✭✭
    PC EU
    Run 5i
    Happens when i go for Bg
    Run windowed so just close eso when it happen then i renter ^^
    Maker of Drama & Lover of Roleplay
  • dzzntz8732
    dzzntz8732
    Soul Shriven
    PC
    Ryzen 7 3700X
    RX 5700 XT
    SSD
    Windows 10

Logging in and anytime I have to change zones or enter dungeons. Also takes a while to see interactable npcs
  • NoNameNamer
    NoNameNamer
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting random loading screen in Cyrodiil and even when porting myself they take forever (several minutes). This happens constantly and persists (or reproduces) across client restarts.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
    Nvidia RTX 2070
    Samsung PM981 Polaris 512GB M.2 NGFF PCIe Gen3 x4, NVME Solid State Drive, max read 3GB/s, 4k random writes 420K IOPS

Seriously lame.
    “We understand how dangerous a mask can be. We all become what we pretend to be.”
    ― Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we measuring ?

Ryzen 7 3700x
    AMD Rx 5700xt
    Asus X570 MB
    Corsair 2/16gb Vengeance Ram
    Seagate Firecuda 520 1TB Internal SSD
    Noctua NH-D15 chromax.Black

Windows 95 😂

Edited by WeylandLabs on January 26, 2020 8:48AM
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    System: PC
    Processor: Ryzen 7 1700
    GPU: GTX 1070
    Zone: Cyrodiil.
    SSD: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2 nVME.

About to push in through a keep front door and got a loading screen of death, it happens constantly and some are long enough to give me a chance to fix myself a sandwich.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To play ESO you need separate PC with very powerful CPU in terms of single core performance, both OS and game should be on SSD. Separate optic fiber connection of business level. And absolutely no add-ons or any other software on that PC. Only Windows and ESO.
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To play ESO you need separate PC with very powerful CPU in terms of single core performance, both OS and game should be on SSD. Separate optic fiber connection of business level. And absolutely no add-ons or any other software on that PC. Only Windows and ESO.

Living near the server would help too. :)
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.