The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO 2018 Wishlist

Synapsis123
Synapsis123
✭✭✭✭
1. Longer buff durations. Maintaining buffs is tedious.

2. Add a menu option to change the default roll direction from backwards to forwards. I've had a lot of deaths lately because my character rolled backwards while I was holding the forward key.

3. Change the way exp is shared when killing monsters so 4 or more people can get the same xp from 1 monster that someone soloing it would. The community becomes incredibly hostile towards each other during double exp events because of players leeching each other. Other games handle this by having everyone get full credit for a kill even if multiple players participated in the kill. Mechanics shouldn't exist in a game that cause the community to eat itself.

4. Help out new players more with suggestions on what their stats should look like for dps/healing/tanking. I've had too many groups lately with heavy armor 35k health players claiming they are dps. The person with 35k health is going to have a lot of bad experiences from getting kicked out of groups to general trash talk. There is a large range of what your stats could be and still achieve success in a dungeon, but you should never have 35k health while dpsing.

5. Make medium armor more usable in pvp. Possibly make the snare immunity duration on shuffle longer considering you have to wear 5 medium now to use it.

Anyone want to add anything else?
  • TheUndeadAmulet
    TheUndeadAmulet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with 2, 3, 4 and 5.

Don't agree with 1. Buff durations are the way they are now for a reason. I don't see many other people complaining about buff time. It's just something you just have to get better at. It's something I have to get better at honestly...

If I would like to add anything it's (insert common problems that ESO has that Zenimax is taking a long time to fix like performance)

XBOX NA 1000+ CP
    nerf ping please
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better grouping tool
    Real in game tutorial to help people achieve their roles in dungeons (normal then vet), can be by-passed if you have already done on a char
    More shared XP in groups than in solo
    Dynamic PVP Campaign population restrictions
    Loading screen fix
    Lag fix
    Housing music of your choice
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NecromancerCover_Springborg.jpg

need to say more ? >:)
    Edited by ForsakenSin on November 9, 2017 5:56AM
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NecromancerCover_Springborg.jpg

need to say more ? >:)

Lovely pic :)
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Non CP battlegrounds
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Motherball
    Motherball
    ✭✭✭✭
    Search item by name in guild traders.
  • Alchemical
    Alchemical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Murkmire
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP removed from the game entirely.
  • AoDD33pfri3d
    AoDD33pfri3d
    ✭✭✭
    Fix the loading screens, 4 years is long enough and to craft our own spells
    Edited by AoDD33pfri3d on November 9, 2017 6:17AM
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More furniture slots.
    An option to hide the vampirism skin.
    Weapon dyes.
    Make medium armor dye as well as light does.
    Edited by Runschei on November 9, 2017 6:18AM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my wish for 2018:
    please increase sneak speeds
  • H3rBie
    H3rBie
    ✭✭✭
    not many wishes here, just ...........

..... a smooth running game without lags
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Increased Zone mobs dificulty (optional). Even Craglorn it's a joke...
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want some serious QoL for Guilds. 4 years after release and very little has been done for Guilds, the Guild UI and its functionality. What keeps games alive and thriving is not new content. That definitely draws players back in, but what keeps them here is other players and their ability to interact. And you cant get that without strong and well implemented Guilds.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • CiliPadi
    CiliPadi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Regional servers for Australia and New Zealand
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Open Battlegrounds for all. Remove CP

Go back to 1000 Ultimate

Restore Dual Wield power for magika builds with more options (I.e. Daggers boost crit too etc, maces could help defence or something-

Add more DW options say the 1H & Rune skill line mentioned

Writ surveys in a container or given for the zone you hand writs in
    Edited by Beardimus on November 9, 2017 7:01AM
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want some serious QoL for Guilds. 4 years after release and very little has been done for Guilds, the Guild UI and its functionality. What keeps games alive and thriving is not new content. That definitely draws players back in, but what keeps them here is other players and their ability to interact. And you cant get that without strong and well implemented Guilds.

This x 10

Guild halls need guild bank and store access. In built things for them to do. Competitions, dueling events, private battle grounds to test things in. Give us more and we can keep players happy ZOS. We will create content for them

This is really key @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom and just a great thread to read :)
    Edited by Beardimus on November 9, 2017 7:00AM
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Buffs/changes to Werewolf. I almost go down into a /kowtow everytime I see a WW due to the rarity of them (At least on PC/EU)

2. Bring back pre-Morrowind DK. Revert the changes to Battle Roar and Helping Hand. + give magDK better sustain without being forced into a certain playstyle (off-balance)

3. Fix magicka Templars two main-dps skills (Sweeps and Radiant destruction) so they do the damage they´re supposed to do.

How about no......and let´s be realistic, it won´t happen.....
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3. Change the way exp is shared when killing monsters so 4 or more people can get the same xp from 1 monster that someone soloing it would. The community becomes incredibly hostile towards each other during double exp events because of players leeching each other. Other games handle this by having everyone get full credit for a kill even if multiple players participated in the kill. Mechanics shouldn't exist in a game that cause the community to eat itself.

The group XP penalty is meant to stop those obnoxiously huge groups from forming in the first place.

If you want full XP during events, don't group. Just do 3% total damage to each enemy. Save the grouping for something like a weeknight public dungeon where getting some experience is better than having to tag every single mob before somebody else kills it.
    signing off
  • static_recharge
    static_recharge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lots of good stuff here. I would have to agree with everything from the OP, except item 1. Buffs need active maintenance to give more counterplay for enemy players. If buff durations were too long even someone that has poor resource management could be buffed for exceedingly long periods of time, which would not be fun.

Also, the guilds do need more stuff as previously mentioned. Actual guild halls, guild leveling system, repeatable quests / objectives that contributes to said level and perks that come from higher levels. Guild calendars in game would be amazing as well, especially if people could RSVP to raids and other events from within the game.
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah, the buffs seem fine. there is the option to play without them if you don't feel like maintaining them, but doing the extra work makes things go faster and smoother, which i think is proper.

really, there are a ton of appealing ideas here so far. i'd especially like to second @Morgul667 's suggestion of choosing housing music, and add choice of ambient soundset as well.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More of the furnishing item slots yes. Also more of the pets and guests permitted also please.

A relatively empty piece of land - a walled enclosure would be acceptable - on which to set up a market, build a park, a campsite or farm perhaps.

Elsweyr.

All recipes everywhere to be included in the loot table for crafting envelope elf.

Elf flu.

Guard flu.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Yzuna
    Yzuna
    Soul Shriven
    New players here (first month), and loving the game !

But, from my limited experience :

Two handed weapon should count as two for set bonus.

While very cool to able to tank with a magic weapon, Ice Staff doesn't feel properly thought through. I think it needs a separate skill line, like Sword and Shield.

New incentive to go to Imperial City/Sewers. I love this PvPvPvE stuff, remind me of the Darkness Fall from DAoC, but I don't see anyone there. (granted I've been there twice only)

Harder overworld content. Doesn't have to be main quest or even trash mob (while it would be nice), if you want to keep story easy, but some Veteran quests, or elite zone. Like public dungeons, but harder, or World Bosses but with quests/good reward tied to it.

A way to save gear/skills set. I know there is an addon for that, but i'm on PS4, and don't have access to it.
    Also for PS4, the option for a more traditionnal (rpg) inventory/bank management.

And, while my experience is limited, I agree for the social aspect of guilds. It's what keep most players playing, when they don't have new content to play.

But overall, this is a great game !

ps: sorry for my english, not my first langage.
    Edited by Yzuna on November 9, 2017 8:13AM
  • Princess_Ciri
    Princess_Ciri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like the way that weeky trials work (in terms of rewards) to be revamped.

Since atm when you do weeklies the only reward for being on the leaderboard is some random gold gear that usually isn't very good or it's the case that I already have a Moondancer/IA/Asylum staff etc because I've done the trial a billion times and don't really care what I get in the weeklies because they'll all be deconstructed anyway.

It would be nice therefore if there were some special rewards (kinda like the polymorph that drops in vAS HM) that could only have a small chance of dropping from the hard mode version of a trial when it is the weekly. Whether that's like gold furniture motifs or a special mount/pet, all of which could be sold on guildstores.

Imo this would make doing the weeklies actually kinda worthwhile and way more fun since atm it just feels like we do them for the sake of doing them. And it would provide incentives to do hard mode (since currently an extra 10k plunder is nice but not amazing).
    GM and raid leader of Hot Girls Play DPS, the cutest guild EU
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. Smooth connection even non-US / EUR players , that's what real wish lol , I doubt that it could never be fixed even 10 years later with current staffs , technologies and knowledges .
    2. Real diversity , it's about the end of 2017 , meta builds are still meta , dk tank , temp healer , sorc dps , freaking bored , no change at all .
    3. Hire smarter staffs
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guild trader mechanics & UI update. Guild systems & UI update.

I don't want to see traders go away, but I would love to see them updated and fixing a lot of the issues seen with them.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Role Icons (tank,healer,dps) over players in Raids/Cyroodil etc. when in a Group :)

PC
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Or at the very least finish the job they started with CP. Why is CP160 even a thing anymore? That was a holdover from veteran levels, makes no difference to most players, and only screws over new players who FINALLY hit "max level" at 50 only to be told they have another ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY levels to grind out before they really hit end game, and before the gear they collect is really worth anything. If CP is staying, then ditch CP gear and make all max level gear level 50 to vastly improve the new player experience.

Also, for the love of Talos account wide keybinds and camera settings.
  • RPGplayer13579
    RPGplayer13579
    ✭✭✭✭
    Craftable Jewelry.

New weapon skill lines. Such as Spears, One-Handed and Magic.

And as this is a wishlst... Mannequins and Weapon Racks in our homes to display/store different weapon and armor sets.
    My Characters.

Mike Snow - Imperial - Templar - One-Handed and Shield - Tank - Daggerfall Covenant - Commander.
    Catelyn Rivers - Breton - Sorcerer - Destruction Staff - Daggerfall Covenant - Telvanni Magister.
    Ashara Sand - Redguard - Warden - Two-Handed/One-Handed and Shield - Daggerfall Covenant - Heroic.
    Tormund gro-Largash - Orsimer - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Daggerfall Covenant - Furious.
    Lysa Rivers - Breton - Nightblade - Bow/One-Handed and Shield - Vampire - Daggerfall Covenant - Brassy Assassin.

Jon Karstark - Nord - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Ebonheart Pact - Drunk.
    Arya Sand - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Assassin.
    Sansa Snow - Impeial - Warden - Destruction Staff/One-Handed and Shield - Ebonheart Pect - Swashbuckler.
    Jojen Reed-Walker - Argonian - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Ebonheart Pact - Melancholy.
    Alys Karstark - Nord - Nightblade - Bow/Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Minstrel.

Nymeria Woods - Bosmer - Nightblade - Bow - Aldmeri Dominion - Thief.
    Brandon Wings - Altmer - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Aldmeri Dominion - Scholar.
    Lyanna Flowers - Altmer - Sorcerer - Sword/Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Duchess.
    Marvolo-jo Riddle - Khajiit - Necromancer - Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Deadlands Firewalker.
    Obara Woods - Bosmer - Templar - Bow - Werewolf - Aldmeri Dominion - Cheerful.

• Midori_Oku
    Midori_Oku
    ✭✭✭
    1. Some six to eight player activities like dungeons or small trials.
    2. A new solo arena like Maelstrom Arena.
    3. New universal skill trees with combat abilities/passives like mages/fighters guild.
    4. Jewelry Crafting
    5. A new difficulty beyond veteran for dungeons with more rewards
    6. Buffs and changes to unused set bonuses
    7. New skills added to the vampire tree
    8. Undaunted plunder added to the end rewards for vet maelstrom arena and vet dragonstar arena
    9. Some slight changes to sustain (I miss rapid strikes :neutral: )
    10. Improvements such as selecting how many potions you want to make instead of spamming one button for half an hour. (obviously for console)
    Midori Oku - Female High Elf - Magicka Sorcerer
    Allesse Nightvale - Female Wood Elf - Stamina Dragonknight
    Raelette Velaoche - Female Breton - Magicka Templar