Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"The Selfless Zoo" Magicka Sorc Triple Pet Build - Summerset Isles

Horowonnoe
Horowonnoe
✭✭✭✭✭
“The Selfless Zoo” Triple Pet Build
this build gives it all to the group <3

This build is the magicka version of the stam buffbitch we all knew and loved last patch. As not to burden your healers with having to run lightning wall and such silly things as IA, this sorc buffbitch can wear it instead and have a much higher IA uptime while at it.

Setup
5x Necropotence
5x Infallible Aether (one lightning staff, infused with fire enchant - front bar)
2x Zaan (swap to Ilambris for fights were Zaan is not in range)
1x vMA Lightning Staff (infused with spell damage enchant - back bar)

Important: Since this patch it was changed how light attack scaling works, now it is better to have your large pieces be Infused instead of divines. So that means - head, chest and legs.
Jewelry: Still being worked on. I am not yet sure what the best traits will be. Possible will want to have some of your jewelry be in bloodthirsty trait. I will update as i find out

Bar Setup:
F-Bar: Daedric Prey, Mages Wrath, Volatile Familiar, Twilight Tormentor, Bound Aegis, Elemental Storm
B-Bar: Unstable Wall of Storms, Lightning Flood, Volatile Familiar, Twilight Tormentor, Flex Spot (i would put shield here), Greater Atronach

Rotation:
Initialize - Summon both pets, Potion, Destro Ult, Command both pets
Rota: Unstable wall, Light Attack (LA), Lightning flood, (barswap cancel), LA, Curse, Heavy Attack x1, Familiar, LA, Tormentor (only while enemy is above 50% health. Cast tormentor every 3 rotations. )(barswap cancel)
Repeat.
Execute (20% or less): Wall, LA, Flood, (swap), LA, Familiar, LA, Mages wrath + LA Weave until ele blockade has 1 sec left, repeat.
Q&A and notes and stuff

Why ZAAN?
Why Zaan? Well, Zaan is at the moment the highest parsing monster set in the game, especially where single target damage is concerned. It is so good, it is simply a sin to not use it. It can be used in most fights, since (despite popular belief) it's range is quite large. For example - Zaan can reach Z'hajassa from a ranged position. It can reach Rakkat. On twins everyone is melee anyway, so. That is 3/3 bosses in a trial where it works. And there are many more. However, when there is a boss where Zaan is simply impossible to use or not worth it (i.e. trash pulls, bosses where you stand far away etc) simply swap to Ilambris. Ezpz.

Why Lightning Flood and not Liquid Lightning?
It does more damage per tick, and since in this build we are not worried about magicka sustain, it is possible to sustain this morph.

Why unstable wall and not wall of elements?
Same reason as above. Also Lightning Flood, Unstable Wall and Daedric Prey have really nice timers that work well together. Also - Unstable wall is like the velidreth but for magicka. When it explodes, there are actually 3 explosions that go off and that means more damage for bosses with large hitboxes (hello Valariel).

Why atronach instead of meteor?
Atronach buffs your group! And as the buff *** (ahem babe) it is your job to give them Major Berserk buff so they can parse higher.

I am out of Magicka, HELP!
You should not be running out of magicka, omg. If you are, use 2x heavy attacks instead of one, but that will reduce the dmg.
Jewelry x3 spell damage enchant. Replace one or two with magicka regen if you are having issues.

CP - Subject to change.
CP: 48 - Elfborn, 64 - Ele Expert, 26 - Spell Erosion, 28 - Master of Arms, 3-Staff Expert, 81 - Thaum

Mundus
I found best results with Apprentice or Mage. Try what works best for you.
Lover if your group is still learning.

Food: Blue Max Health + Magicka food or Witchmothers.

Attributes: All in magicka.

Notes:
* When just starting your parse don’t light attack before the first liquid lightning. Do LA before LL when you are already parsing and in rotation
** As you start your rotation use destro ult, and subsequently use Atronach. When in trials use Atronach for single target and use destro ult for large add pulls.
Um i didn’t mention this, but use spell power potion on cooldown.

Parses
Screenshot_20180522_142608.png
Screenshot_20180522_142709.png

Credits:
Disclaimer: Thank you all the meta sorcs who hate pets. Joking. But thanks everyone.

http://anthem-guild.com/magicka-sorcerer-triple-pet-build-horowonnoe/
Edited by Horowonnoe on June 6, 2018 7:49PM
PC / NA
Templar Healer "False Eye"
Sorc Healer "Potema the Wolf Queen"
Warden Healer "Heavy Attacks Online"
Magicka Nightblade DPS "Nephaleth Telvanni"
Dragonknight Tank "Nico's Facsimile"

Builds & Guides:
Horow's Templar Healer Guide for Trials (Murkmire updated)
How to get Felms to jump correctly in vAS HM?
Horow's vMA Magicka Sorc Build for beginners and lazy farmers
Horow's Magicka Sorc Triple Pet Heavy Attack Build - Summerset Isles Ready
More builds at anthem-guild.com/pve/.

Notable Achievements:
- World's first 18 Axes vAA clear
- World's first 20+ enrage stack Llothis in vAS HM and World record cone damage
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice write up. I run a very similar build to this. Some of my personal input:

1. Twilight Tormentor is not worth the extra dps. Twilight Matriarch is a better choice in almost every circumstance. On similar 40k parses of my own, the Matriarch does about 2.2k dps compared to your 2.9k. So that's trading 700 dps (1.75% out of a 40k parse) for an amazing heal that will keep you, your pets, and your allies alive in a pinch. When the group's healer goes down unexpectedly you'll be glad you have her by your side.

2. For the trials set paired with Necro, I think Infallible Aether is actually the better choice, but the difference is very small.

3. Another good option besides Ilambris for the monster set is Maw of the Infernal. He actually out-dpses Ilambris for me most of the time. You lose out on some aoe, as only his fire breath is aoe, but he is mobile. So if you get frustrated with enemies always moving out of your fire/lightning storms, Maw is nice for keeping him always useful. Not to mention he is buffed by Daedric Prey, which we are already using.

4. In terms of traits and enchants, my best results have been with double infused, Shock on the front and Fire on the back, but again, the difference will be pretty small either way.
  • MaddPowered
    MaddPowered
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my thank! Before i am do only 20k and now i am do 35k your build is really help me. I will now do raid with friend and be good!!! Thank!!!!
    World's First Planesbreaker
    World's First Bugged Planesbreaker
    World's First Dawnbringer
    World's Third Godslayer
    World's Second Immortal Redeemer
    World's Third Gryphon Heart

Top scores :
    vAA - 4D (PC NA) - 154,068 - 8:31 Greymoor
    vSO - 4D (PC NA) - 180,238 - 11:28 Greymoor
    vHRC - 4D (PC NA) - 163,258 - 8:28 Greymoor
    vMOL - Calamity (PC NA) - 174,680 - 9:42 Stonethorn
    vHOF - 4D (PC NA) - 232,362 - 14:11 Greymoor
    vAS - 4D (PC NA) - 117,014 - 2:41 Stonethorn
    vCR - Calamity (PC NA) - 136,091 - 3:45 Stonethorn
    vSS - 4D (PC NA) - 255,552 - 21:34 Greymoor
    vKA - 4D (PC NA) - 247,292 - 16:19 Greymoor
    vRG - Calamity (PC NA) - 301,438 - 24:21 Blackwood
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run a similar setup, I'm currently using Twilight Tormentor also but she is rather weak as she requires having tones of debuffs (daedric prey, vulnerability, major breach, crusher, etc...) active in order for her to be useful for the 50%+ health window which alone... Is just single target and not worth 2 bar slots.

As already said Twilight Matriarch is more useful... Regardless I want to stay with my Twilight Tormentor because I'm a DPS and love pets, it's just not as useful atm imo.
    Edited by SirMewser on November 6, 2017 5:47PM
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirMewser wrote: »
    I run a similar setup, I'm currently using Twilight Tormentor also but she is rather weak as she requires having tones of debuffs (daedric prey, vulnerability, major breach, crusher, etc...) active in order for her to be useful for the 50%+ health window which alone... Is just single target and not worth 2 bar slots.

As already said Twilight Matriarch is more useful... Regardless I want to stay with my Twilight Tormentor because I'm a DPS and love pets, it's just not as useful atm imo.

Tormentor does around 3k dps without the player having to do much. Hits for between 7-12k or so. Thats pretty good imo.
    PC / NA

Builds & Guides:

Notable Achievements:
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Horowonnoe wrote: »
    SirMewser wrote: »

Tormentor does around 3k dps without the player having to do much. Hits for between 7-12k or so. Thats pretty good imo.

I am not disagreeing, I concur, she does deal good single target as mine is dealing 18k fully buffed every 2 second intervals. My argument is that it's an active that is useless for literally half of any PvE instance. 3k dps isn't hard to over perform when substituting another 2 damage skills which that one (single targeting) skill occupies. Twilight Matriarch just seems much better because it's a burst multi-auto-targeting smart heal; that needs less management, provides full effect instantly, and useful for any situation including "turning the tables" when under pressure.

The only time the Tormentor really shines is in PVP is where players are constantly healing themselves over that 50% mark. The 50% (multiplicative) damage increase alone does not mean it's performing 50% better than its original, if only 150% was a thing. Without the buff the skill retains (100/150:12k/18k) 66.7% of the original value, compare the difference of 33.3% (additive) situational damage to a 20k heal...
    Edited by SirMewser on November 6, 2017 10:24PM
  • Hempyre
    Hempyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    This build is a long time standard, posted up on the web.. must be a year at least.

I agree with one of the posters here on the matriarch vs the tormenter. That hot/heal is booming, totally worth going with that morph.
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hempyre wrote: »
    This build is a long time standard, posted up on the web.. must be a year at least.

I agree with one of the posters here on the matriarch vs the tormenter. That hot/heal is booming, totally worth going with that morph.

Do you have a link? I tried to look if something similar had been written and coudn't find. Maybe i am bad at google.
    PC / NA

Builds & Guides:

Notable Achievements:
  • Hempyre
    Hempyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Horowonnoe ya there's one on foundry, which is where I found it for mine. I'm pretty sure it was around prior to that even.

Good on ya though, not trying to take away from your find.

I pm'd you a link
    Edited by Hempyre on November 7, 2017 2:01AM
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “The Zoo” Double Pet Build
    Love pets? Have two

Setup
    5x Necropotence
    4x Moondancer (one lightning staff, infused with fire enchant)
    2x Ilambris
    1x vMA Lightning Staff (nirnhoned or infused with spell damage enchant)

Is this correct? you want a lightning staff with a fire enchant?
    Or did you mean to put inferno staff?
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love pets? Have two

Setup
    5x Necropotence
    2x Ilambris

Lightning staff with a fire enchant : )
    PC / NA

Builds & Guides:

Notable Achievements:
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love pets? Have two

Setup
    5x Necropotence
    2x Ilambris

Lightning staff with a fire enchant : )

Just confirming... sounded strange at first.
    Going to put this together tonight (but with IA instead of MD cus i dont' have it)
    Thanks!
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried mechanical acuity instead of Mother's Sorrow? I think it is slightly better for this build, since you will only be at 42% crit with Necro and Domihaus. This means that when acuity procs it will increase your crit by 58% for 5s. Acuity also works well with the front bar staff completing the 5-piece, and the proc will stick while on the backbar, unlike Mother's Sorrow where the crit is only active while the 5-piece set is complete.
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember the double pet sorc build of Clockwork city days?
    Fear not, the magicka sorc now has three pets! 2 pets was never enough.
    Updated for Dragon Bones. Enjoy :D
    PC / NA

Builds & Guides:

Notable Achievements:
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to remind people that necro doesn't need to be double barred, with how little time you spend on back bar with these kinds of builds, you'll probably gain dps by back barring acuity and front barring necro and adding a monster set. - for those that don't own vMA weapons

BTW, did ya guys like copy and paste @Alcast ?
    Edited by Waffennacht on February 16, 2018 6:49PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is this three pets, unless you're counting the atronach? Wouldn't it be better to go with maw of the infernal monster set for the daedroth that gets buffed by daedric prey?

I want to see how well a full pet build using that Works for farming vma. I've never been able to clear it in other characters.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dig it... luv pets. I'd go with that MAW monster set to stick with the pet theme :)

Hmm, will try after I level up my current WARDEN .
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    How is this three pets, unless you're counting the atronach? Wouldn't it be better to go with maw of the infernal monster set for the daedroth that gets buffed by daedric prey?

I want to see how well a full pet build using that Works for farming vma. I've never been able to clear it in other characters.

I'm actually running that very thing. Necro front, acuity back, maw it's personally got the highest dps of the set ups I've tried.

But I also only run familiar (cuz I solo vet dungeons) have 2 shields use trash potions and love streak (for solo PvE)
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to remind people that necro doesn't need to be double barred, with how little time you spend on back bar with these kinds of builds, you'll probably gain dps by back barring acuity and front barring necro and adding a monster set. - for those that don't own vMA weapons

Copy and paste alcast? Not sure what ya mean.
    And acuity is front bar actually. So you can control the proc (somewhat). Necro is both bars.
    PC / NA

Builds & Guides:

Notable Achievements:
  • jarydf
    jarydf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why not use maw of the infernal, mad tinkerer and defiler set on a dual wield sorc and you can have 6 pets.

Vol fam, twilight, atro, daedroth, fab claanfear and hunger.

Don't forget to slot the sparkly pony as your non combat pet for a seventh.

Name the pony "Trigger" and take that hot mess into a vet dlc pug dungeon and watch all of the other players grief you will trigger.
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's three pets because you use Atro (don't dismiss him! he is a pet too)
    PC / NA

Builds & Guides:

Notable Achievements:
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jarydf wrote: »
    Why not use maw of the infernal, mad tinkerer and defiler set on a dual wield sorc and you can have 6 pets.

Vol fam, twilight, atro, daedroth, fab claanfear and hunger.

Don't forget to slot the sparkly pony as your non combat pet for a seventh.

Name the pony "Trigger" and take that hot mess into a vet dlc pug dungeon and watch all of the other players grief you will trigger.

lol!
    Well this build is supposed to be "viable" but... i guess i can aim for a 4pet build next. Gotta have goals.
    PC / NA

Builds & Guides:

Notable Achievements:
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a simillar setup, Twillight for Monotarget, Bound aegis instead for Multitarget, i prefer to increase all my dots than keep the twillight.

Say me if i'm wrong ;)
    Edited by Apherius on February 16, 2018 8:07PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And acuity is front bar actually. So you can control the proc (somewhat). Necro is both bars.

I mean it's almost literally word for word the guide on his site. Could be quite the coincidence!

I just backbar acuity and have LL and Blockade backbar, with the rotation you always proc Acuity on cool down when you refresh.

You spend about 1 GCD and bar swap anim cancel to front bar, so you lose the max mag for only 1 tick by front barring necro and gain a monster set.

For non vMA staff user, this will result in higher dps than double barring Necro
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So, we should all play naked and make s..y build just because Alcast already made one about X or Y skills/ gear/cp ?

I mean ... Ok alcast make Great guide, but this don't mean that players who use Same skill and stuff are copying Alcast...
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, I've been happy with my stamina sorc build but now ive got the itch to try this since ive never played a pet sorc or even a magicka sorc.

So here's what I'm thinking:
    2 piece maw monster set (maximum petness)
    5 piece necropotence
    3 piece willpower OR grace of the ancients
    Once I get it ill add an MA staff or two

Front bar:
    Daedric prey
    Clannfear or volatile familiar
    Twilight matriarch
    Bound aegis
    Inner light
    Greater storm atronach

Back bar:
    Elemental blockade
    Twilight matriarch
    Bound aegis
    Inner light
    Overload

Overload bar:
    Liquid lightning or boundless storm
    Twilight matriarch
    Bound aegis
    Inner light
    Overload

So here's my questions:

1. Would willpower or grace of the ancients be Better? Willpower offers 1451 magicka and 193 spellpower, while ancients offers 1096 magicka and 4% max magicka. Which would give the highest bonus?

2. If I want to slot hardened ward (which is probably a must), I have to drop either bound aegis or inner light. What should I do there? I want to keep both the slotted pets on my bars, which leaves me very little room to work with. Personally I like the glowing eyes I get with bound aegis, but obviously it means I lose crit and max magicka from inner light in exchange for minor resolve and ward.

3. Is it worth running boundless storm at all, or should I avoid it for liquid lightning on the overload bar? I might be able to do both if I give up bound aegis or inner light.

4. Will this build, which basically uses just ground aoes, heavy attacks, and pets with curse, be able to pull decent numbers? Will it be able to easily finish vMA?

5. Is it better to use the clannfear or the volatile familiar? I like the clannfear as a personal tank and it gives an extra heal, but does the volatile so enough damage to counter that?

6. Would it work any better to do this build with dual wield or 1h/sh instead of a staff, losing the sustain a staff gives in exchange for a second 5 piece set? Does dw still give more spell damage than staffs for magicka users?

PS4 / NA
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »

So, we should all play naked and make s..y build just because Alcast already made one about X or Y skills/ gear/cp ?

I mean ... Ok alcast make Great guide, but this don't mean that players who use Same skill and stuff are copying Alcast...

Just different. I mean at least change the enchantments on the weapons. Could even put infused backbar!
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm actually running that very thing. Necro front, acuity back, maw it's personally got the highest dps of the set ups I've tried.

But I also only run familiar (cuz I solo vet dungeons) have 2 shields use trash potions and love streak (for solo PvE)

Does pet damage proc Mechanical Acuity?
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would innate axiom be any good for pets? Adds 400 weapon and spell damage to class abilities?
    PS4 / NA
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would innate axiom be any good for pets? Adds 400 weapon and spell damage to class abilities?

Pets do not scale with weapon and spell damage, not even from this set. They only scale with maximum magicka.

Thus I can also answer your previous question, if willpower or ancient grace is better. Ancient grace is better, because the 4% magicka boosts your damage + your pets damage, while the spell damage from willpower only buffs your personal damage.
    Edited by Dracane on February 16, 2018 10:39PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean it's almost literally word for word the guide on his site. Could be quite the coincidence!

I just backbar acuity and have LL and Blockade backbar, with the rotation you always proc Acuity on cool down when you refresh.

You spend about 1 GCD and bar swap anim cancel to front bar, so you lose the max mag for only 1 tick by front barring necro and gain a monster set.

For non vMA staff user, this will result in higher dps than double barring Necro

I hadn't looked at Alcast's site in like a year. Well his rotation/cp is slightly different.
    Ill just go do trials naked from now on.
    Edited by Horowonnoe on February 16, 2018 11:02PM
    PC / NA

Builds & Guides:

Notable Achievements: