The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New awesome glitch with full char lock-down. EDIT: 100% reproducible with Shadow Return skill

Dorrino
Dorrino
✭✭✭✭✭
Basically there's a new glitch introduced with the latest update. About each 2-3 min of a fight in cyro my character gets locked out of using any skill, dodge, block etc. Everything.

The character can "move" around the map on my screen, but on other people's screens the character just stays in one spot.

After ~1-2 min of this state the char is reset at the original location and all skills start to work.

It looks similar to a huge lag when you died, but still can move on your screen. But in this case it lasts for 2 min instead of 3-4 sec:)

Zero lag present (~100 latency). No lag spikes. No correlation (that i was able to find so far) with specific abilities used by me or other people.

NA Vivec.

EDIT: the glitch is 100% reproducible when using Shadow Return nightblade skill, when the shade is out of range. Thanks, Enzo.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it happening to others, or just you? Are there any proceeding action that make it reproducible, or can help pinpoint the cause? And finally, are you running any add-ons? o:)
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mostly me, some people confirmed that they have similar behavior.

No specific actions that i know of.

Addons can't allow the char to move freely on the map with all skills locked:)

And obviously addons can't teleport the char back to the original spot after 2 min:)
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's been happening to me forever and in PVE, also. I can't reproduce it.......it's just really random and when it happens, my character moves faster than normal. It's a pain in the middle of a vet pledge boss when, suddenly, you lose the use of all skills!
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have better ping after the patch then 5 minutes later I don't and then I do . Frame rate goes 65-45-35-70 . This is an improvement every 15 minutes for 5 minutes . I find myself starring at my ping like the spin cycle on a laundry machine .
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not the ping. This is not a lag.

This is a very peculiar server behavior that never happened before.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dorrino wrote: »
    This is not the ping. This is not a lag.

This is a very peculiar server behavior that never happened before.

Yeah, it's not lag and it's been happening to me since before this patch. Needs looking into.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once I finally finished downloading the update and could play, I had this happen several times in Blackheart and then in Cyrodiil. It seemed to be every time a boss or player hit the execute threshold. I would go to execute a d have a total skill and bar freeze, then rubber band back to where I was when it started. This is a new, strange thing.

Has anybody else noticed it seeming consistent with enemies in execute range?
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Has anybody else noticed it seeming consistent with enemies in execute range?

Nope. It just happens. No correlation whatsoever.
  • Gorrest
    Gorrest
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure what causes it, but so far from I experience it seems to be the same running running back in I think TG, where you couldnt do anything but where stuck in a "sprint" state.

However, I found if you manage to open your crown store you will be fixed until it happens again.
    -PvP Characters-

AD Mag DK, Mc Flabben
    AD Mag Templar, Gorrest
    AD Mag Sorc, Edrene Kingsley
    AD MagWarden, Mc Woflen
    EP Stam Sorc, Elder Procs Online
    DC Stam DK, One Shot Online
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorrest wrote: »
    Not sure what causes it, but so far from I experience it seems to be the same running running back in I think TG, where you couldnt do anything but where stuck in a "sprint" state.

However, I found if you manage to open your crown store you will be fixed until it happens again.

It's much worse than that (i remember that glitch).

Imagine you got this full lock-up at Alessia.

You, say, run to Alessia mine. You get there successfully. You can see people around. Moving, fighting, whatever.

You're at Alessia mine.

And suddenly you start taking damage. Interface shows it properly (cc, hp bar, etc, etc). Then you die.

And when you die you got immediately ported back to Alessia. Where it all started. A minute ago.

And you realize you were killed there. For other people you never left Alessia.

Told you, this glitch is awesome:) And new.
    Edited by Dorrino on October 24, 2017 5:13AM
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's been happening off and on for some people for a long time. It's like you get silenced for 10-15 seconds and can't use any skills or even swap weapons, just run and roll around.
  • kookster
    kookster
    ✭✭✭✭
    this happened to one of my friends as well.
    Potato Pact - PC NA
  • Taonnor
    Taonnor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It happened yesterday to me. I solved it with weapon swap. I have no idea to reproduce that ATM.
    Guild

Gildenleiter von Lux Dei (EU/AD). Offizieller Gildenspotlight für ESOTU!
    Guild leader of Lux Dei (EU/AD). Official Guild Spotlight for ESOTU!

Addons & Guides

ESOUI Author Portal: Taonnor
    Addons: Taos AP Session, Taos Group Tools

Myth AoE Cap: DE Mythos AoE Cap // EN Myth AoE Cap

What should i change in ESO: DE [DGR] Was würde ich an ESO verändern - "Der große Rundumschlag" // EN [TWS] What should i change in ESO – „The sweeping statement“

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
    Thao Annare, Nightblade
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    happens quite frequently on the EU megaservers lakes. Seems correlated to huge crowds fighting in the near vicinity. Personally I have triggered it three times (all at bleakers), where I popped warden frost ult., whirlwind and shalk+tabtarget birds with added in fungus heals, weaving LA and keeping shield up... I always get ported back to more or less the MG where I passed several seconds ago and where the skills in use is most intense. I like to believe its just bad servers but what do I know
    Edited by killimandrosb16_ESO on October 24, 2017 10:10AM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skills? Items? Videos?

They did fix various map areas to solve pathing problems, maybe someone added sticky tiles lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically there's a new glitch introduced with the latest update. About each 2-3 min of a fight in cyro my character gets locked out of using any skill, dodge, block etc. Everything.

The character can "move" around the map on my screen, but on other people's screens the character just stays in one spot.

After ~1-2 min of this state the char is reset at the original location and all skills start to work.

It looks similar to a huge lag when you died, but still can move on your screen. But in this case it lasts for 2 min instead of 3-4 sec:)

Zero lag present (~100 latency). No lag spikes. No correlation (that i was able to find so far) with specific abilities used by me or other people.

NA Vivec.

This is what exactly happens when getting "must have valid Internet connection error" But luckily it caught up for you,sometimes for me it caught up. (rarely) But most of the time, I get the boot. (Must admit most of my videos is this error, most really nice, :smiley:)
    Edited by Serjustin19 on October 24, 2017 2:23PM
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Masty_Spy
    Masty_Spy
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday that happened with my friend inside Battleground. He tried to relog and get Error 326 (6:3:787:2) Character is currently locked

Now he trying to write a ticket. Char is still locked. He cant play
    Edited by Masty_Spy on October 24, 2017 2:28PM
    need more dps
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorrest wrote: »

It's much worse than that (i remember that glitch).

Imagine you got this full lock-up at Alessia.

You, say, run to Alessia mine. You get there successfully. You can see people around. Moving, fighting, whatever.

You're at Alessia mine.

And suddenly you start taking damage. Interface shows it properly (cc, hp bar, etc, etc). Then you die.

And when you die you got immediately ported back to Alessia. Where it all started. A minute ago.

And you realize you were killed there. For other people you never left Alessia.

Told you, this glitch is awesome:) And new.

Happened to me last night. Was fighting at Alessia front door. The fight took me back to the bridge. Suddenly, I rubber banded back to Alessia FD and was instantly dead. GG.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dorrino

Welcome to Elder Scrolls Online: Groundhog Day

;);)
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Countcalorie
    Countcalorie
    ✭✭✭

NA Vivec.

thats called lag dude.its been happing to me since day one but I live in Australia so my ping is usually between 500-700 on eso

welcome to the other side
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NA Vivec.

thats called lag dude.its been happing to me since day one but I live in Australia so my ping is usually between 500-700 on eso

This is not called ‘lag’, dude.

Because nothing ‘lags’ besides you, dude.

Because other players on your screen don’t lag, dude.

Because your chat messages don’t lag, dude.

Because when somebody’s killing you, you can clearly see his actions and your ui correctly reflects them, dude.

Because your lag lasts for 700ms, and this glitch lasts for 100000ms, dude.

Dude.

• WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Countcalorie
    Countcalorie
    ✭✭✭

NA Vivec.

Because when somebody’s killing you, you can clearly see his actions and your ui correctly reflects them, dude.

Dude.

Holy *** I hit a nerve.
    I know what your talking about so get off your damn high horse its been happining to me since day one usually during trials or pvp fights.
    they freeze in place,you can still move around and you can still see chat working.it can last anywhere from 10 secs to 5 minutes. I have 5 minute videos of it happing to me.its latency mixed with the typical Zos Crap.it only happens to a select few and there is no fix aside from getting better internet connection(which is impossible for most Australians)
    please think before you post and your welcome to apologize to me anytime :)
    Edited by Countcalorie on October 24, 2017 9:42PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NA Vivec.

Not that it matters, but you are not communicating properly to the server. Your client is essentially running by itself. Either the client is not sending what you are doing to the server, or the server is not processing it. The reason that the character is reset to the location is that the problem resolves, the server starts responding, and the client finally gets updated and realizes that it has been living in a dream world. Only the server's version of events matters, in the long run.

Edited by Elsonso on October 24, 2017 9:50PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Countcalorie
    Countcalorie
    ✭✭✭

Dude

Dude
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NA Vivec.

Dude.

Holy *** I hit a nerve.
    I know what your talking about so get off your damn high horse its been happining to me since day one usually during trials or pvp fights.
    they freeze in place,you can still move around and you can still see chat working.it can last anywhere from 10 secs to 5 minutes. I have 5 minute videos of it happing to me.its latency mixed with the typical Zos Crap.it only happens to a select few and there is no fix aside from getting better internet connection(which is impossible for most Australians)
    please think before you post and your welcome to apologize to me anytime :)

This has nothing to do with latency (i.e. time between packets from you and the server) because your client receives all the updates and properly responds to the server.

The whole gameworld behaves in an expected manner. Zero delays.

It does look like the server decided to ignore the content of clients packets of a specific kind.

Better internet connection has nothing to do with this, unless after 2 years, right after a major patch in one single game it became problematic. Without any indication of lost packets or anything.

And i do regret i have to call you a 'dude'.

Dude.

NA Vivec.

Not that it matters, but you are not communicating properly to the server. Your client is essentially running by itself. Either the client is not sending what you are doing to the server, or the server is not processing it. The reason that the character is reset to the location is that the problem resolves, the server starts responding, and the client finally gets updated and realizes that it has been living in a dream world. Only the server's version of events matters, in the long run.

This is obvious. And that's the nature of the glitch:)
    Dude

Dude

Dude

Dude.
    Edited by Dorrino on October 24, 2017 11:28PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, but it needed to be said. Not obvious to everyone. :smile:

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, but it needed to be said. Not obvious to everyone. :smile:

Agreed. I hope it's obvious for ZOS though:)
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

NA Vivec.

How much video ram do you have?

Just asking because there has long been an issue with loading from cell to cell, particularly if you are moving at speed. It used to manifest as you hit a world seam (which you can see because textures at the cell border haven't loaded and can't do squat). It could be related to that, but in some smoothing change it's allowing you to move.

Any unloaded textures when it occurs?

(just eliminating one issue I know of that can cause a character lock up)
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NA Vivec.

How much video ram do you have?

Just asking because there has long been an issue with loading from cell to cell, particularly if you are moving at speed. It used to manifest as you hit a world seam (which you can see because textures at the cell border haven't loaded and can't do squat). It could be related to that, but in some smoothing change it's allowing you to move.

Any unloaded textures when it occurs?

(just eliminating one issue I know of that can cause a character lock up)

1080gtx, so 8Gb vram:) No texture problems. No problems at all (no new problems, still have memory/some game systems leaks leading to stable low fps after some time in cyro).

This is not hardware related.

This is not router/ISP related.

It never happened in 2 years.

It happened in 5 min of cyro right after the patch.

It keeps happening each 5-30 min since then.
    Edited by Dorrino on October 25, 2017 6:31AM