The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Let Hard Mode Dungeons reward Gold Jewelry

• The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All this entitlement about it being so easy to do. ..

Guessing everyone us ignoring the fact that next patch all dungeon gems are coming up at the gold vendor...

Yes they should drop in line with this change. End of. No logical reason not to now.

Point on.
  • Arobain
    Arobain
    ✭✭✭✭
    but hardmode dungeons are so easy
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only downside I see to this is PvP complainers that they "have to"
    • Pay to get their gold jewelry
      or
    • Do PvE content

The sheer imbalance that would be caused by that extra 4 damage and +30 primary stat could be game breaking.

Seriously, excellent idea, OP.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Arobain wrote: »
    but hardmode dungeons are so easy

Again you can buy them next patch. No point or logic on denying it anymore.

Christ you'd think no one wants to get them the way this is sounding. Other than buying them there is NO way of getting them.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • RobbieRocket
    RobbieRocket
    ✭✭✭
    Hi there,

I think there are some confusions in this thread.

1. As understand it, a big part of the OP "let vet/hard mode dungeons reward players with gold jewelry" is actually "let gold jewelry be available for sets-that-are-dropped-in-dungeons (because they aren't available anywhere in the game, including Cyrodiil).

2. Also as I understand it, Gold vendor in Cyrodiil never sells gold jewelry for dungeon-dropped sets, just PvP/unbound-on-pick-up sets.

3. Gold (Legendary) jewelry with Arcane trait, for example, is 30 Magicka more than a purple (Epic) one. The glyphs can be made the same. The bigger difference (could be) that due to the purple being the "max" for some sets, the standard bonuses of all sets and the 5th bonus of several sets never get "maxed"-out as the set bonuses always run off the weakest link, in this case, purple.

4. The last confusion is that people are arguing over how difficult certain activities are and therefore how hard it is to acquire certain items. As it stands, for example, a gold ring for Light Speaker has 0% chance of dropping anywhere in ESO. Whereas a gold ring for Robes of Transmutation can be collected from the Gold Vendor, End of Campaign rewards, and due to non-bindin on pick up, from a Store via one of the aforementioned. A gold Healing Mage (Mending) ring can be acquired from vAA. regardless of how comparable the last 2 are or not, the former (Light Speaker) cannot be found in gold.

My solution would be to make all Dungeon sets have gold jewelry possible to acquire. How, is not so easy. Some quick possible solutions:
    1. Ultimate (really rather more challenging) mode dungeons (still 1 head piece, still 2 keys if pledge but small chance of gold jewelry)
    2. Have gold vendors in Cyrodiil set unbound gold jewelry for dungeon sets.
    3. Have the "less exotic" set vendors which give packages of blue gear have a chance of gold drop.
    4. Have zone bosses or treasure chests and/or veteran/hard dungeon bosses a tiny (eg. 0.02% chance, 1 in two-thousand) of dropping bound gold jewelry.
    5. Have 100 vet/hard mode completions drop gold.

RR
  • RobbieRocket
    RobbieRocket
    ✭✭✭
    ...and now I note the post above my previous. If the dungeon jewelry will be gold at Cyro Vendor then vet/hard dungeons should allow chance of gold then (let's make it 1%, 1 in 100).

RR
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    From what I've seen The Golden sells a piece of jewelry from one of the overland sets, and another from one of the dungeon sets. I've seen gold jewels from Worm Cult, Ebon, Viper and some other sets on sale there. Was that changed?
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • RobbieRocket
    RobbieRocket
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't think this was the case. I would like it to be so, though I am one of the players who enjoys PvP as much if not slightly more than PvE (I think most people swing further either way).

Ways to acquire sets don't concern me, possibly the challenge out of comfort zone is a good thing. I have learnt a lot turning my (sole) character, a healing Magicka-based Templar into a Damage monster for vMA, and this has in turn helped my dungeon gear, Cyro set-up, etc.

RR
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/374156/pts-patch-notes-v3-2-2/p1
    General
    Increased the rewards for opening a Master Chest when you have the Treasure Hunter passive.

Cyrodiil Vendor
    Every weekend, Adhazabi Aba-daro the Golden will now sell four sets of jewelry instead of two.
    In a given week, she will sell either all rings or all necklaces.
    These will only appear in the Trait that the set's jewelry comes in already.
    Overland set items are bind on equip, and Dungeon set items are bind on pickup (matching their bind type when they drop in-game).
    Pricing will depend on the item's sourcing.
    Jewelry from Overland item sets costs 150,000g or 300,000 AP.
    Jewelry from Dungeons costs 250,000g or 500,000 AP (the cost of all Jewelry on the vendor at present).
    Two jewelry sets each weekend will be from the Overland sets, and two will be Dungeon sets.
    The jewelry will remain Gold quality and CP160, and the sourcing of Monster Mask / Shoulders are unchanged from previous iterations.
    Note: All of the above was in patch v3.2.0.

Edit: @RobbieRocket
    Edited by The_Protagonist on October 18, 2017 12:50PM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/374156/pts-patch-notes-v3-2-2/p1
    General
    Increased the rewards for opening a Master Chest when you have the Treasure Hunter passive.

Cyrodiil Vendor
    Every weekend, Adhazabi Aba-daro the Golden will now sell four sets of jewelry instead of two.
    Overland set items are bind on equip, and Dungeon set items are bind on pickup (matching their bind type when they drop in-game).
    Jewelry from Dungeons costs 250,000g or 500,000 AP (the cost of all Jewelry on the vendor at present).
    Two jewelry sets each weekend will be from the Overland sets, and two will be Dungeon sets.
    The jewelry will remain Gold quality and CP160, and the sourcing of Monster Mask / Shoulders are unchanged from previous iterations.

Woooowwwwwwww. (That deserved a sarcastic wow)

Serious Gold sink pricing right there. They expect me to spend 750,000 gold on a full set of Jewelry when ive NEVER had more than 300k at once? Dont make me go all 99% up in here. I refused to buy from The Golden vendor before and i think thats going to continue. Rich players...

At least i have a ton more AP than Gold saved up. Hope theres no catch to paying with AP like the pieces have some stupid PvP oriented trait or something.
    Edited by ArchMikem on October 18, 2017 1:10PM
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    General

Cyrodiil Vendor

Serious Gold sink pricing right there. They expect me to spend 750,000 gold on a full set of Jewelry when ive NEVER had more than 300k at once? Dont make me go all 99% up in here. I refused to buy from The Golden vendor before and i think thats going to continue. Rich players...

At least i have a ton more AP than Gold saved up. Hope theres no catch to paying with AP like the pieces have some stupid PvP oriented trait or something.

The difference in traits is not in jewels, but monster heads. Those bough with AP come in impenetrable, the others bought with money come in infused.

The game does need a gold/AP sink since for high level players gold is relatively easy to make. I make 20-50K gold per day easily just doing writs, selling the undaunted plunder from trials and trash items to NPCs. That's gold being injected into the game with literally nowhere to go since I already have bank space fully upgraded, backpack upgrade on 14 characters and also money set aside to train riding. There's almost nothing to buy with those money, besides motifs and furnishing plans from guild stores, but only 7% of that gold "sinks", the rest is simply transferred to the seller. I'm sure most people who have played for a year or more end up in about the same situation.

Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    General

Cyrodiil Vendor

Sounds like a personal problem if you don’t have enough gold. And why would you think they would have a trait like that?

Zos changes something people complain
    Zos doesn’t change anything people complain

Lol
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on ZOS, this should be obvious. Gives more incentive to do HM other than daily pledges 2 key reward.

@ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

first you gotta make them hard, not just a last boss challenge . the MMO part of this game is very poorly designed.
  • ereboz
    ereboz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I completely agree. Especially considering all dungeon gear is BoP. It's not like gold jewelry is gonna break the market
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No. HM dungeons are a joke.

Yea, but remember when the BiS for all magicka users (BSW) dropped from the easiest dungeon.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    From what I've seen The Golden sells a piece of jewelry from one of the overland sets, and another from one of the dungeon sets. I've seen gold jewels from Worm Cult, Ebon, Viper and some other sets on sale there. Was that changed?

Next patch
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The difference between purple and gold is negligible, so why does anyone give a damn, except for scratching an OCD itch?

The Golden is a gold sink, and this game needs more gold sinks, not less. They just want to make sure that people who want to scratch that OCD itch do so with a contribution to the fight against inflation.

Finally, most dungeon hardmodes are a joke. You can beat CoA1 in vet "hard" mode completely solo without breaking a sweat. The dungeons where hard mode are actually difficult are the SotH and HotR ones, but the HMs in those dungeons reward motifs that you can sell for some serious coin, which you can then use on the Golden vendor to scratch your itch.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. HM dungeons are a joke.

Yes for you not everybody is running absolute bis,

I run HM dungons and vma and vdsa in my pvp gear 2h and bow now since all of PVE content is a joke now and stupid easy to beat
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dungeon Leaderboards :D
    PCNA

• Denyiir
    Denyiir
    ✭✭✭✭
    They just should add another undaunted chest with gold jewelry.
    So many people got everything they wanted already, and sits on tens or even hundreds of keys. With upcoming re-traiting it makes even more sense.
    They could make it like 1 key to get random purple and 2-3 keys to get random gold? Probably won't happen anyway...
  • X_LadyPhoenix_X
    X_LadyPhoenix_X
    ✭✭✭
    Omg! Yes! Gold SPC Jewlery Please! Though for some dungeons, they may have to up the difficulty. Some are just to easy with a good group. :D
    Mistress of Shadows (GM) <ShadowKnight Syndicate>
    an active,adult only, social guild that dabbles in everything on PS4 NA, Est. Oct. 2015
    For the Pact!
    ---
    Master Thief
    ---
    | Lady Phœnix ~ Nord DK | Yelena Elethea ~ High Elf Templar | Stalks-among-Shadows ~ Argonian NB | Inyoni Yezulu ~ Redgaurd Sorc |
    | Chändra Nälaar ~ Dark Elf DK | Elora de Danan ~ Breton Sorc | Velia Vixen ~ Wood Elf Warden | Serephina Valyrin ~ Imperial DK |
    ---
    PSN: X_LadyPhoenix_X
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I prefer not to get Gold jewerly than see on the forum a bunch of thread for nerf X or Y dungeon for the reason that some think that the gold jewerly increase you DPS by 789%.
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well there is another way.

Put a new NPC vendor at the undaunted area that sells gold dungeon jewellery for a heap of treasure keys. Maybe 50 keys for a gold piece?

Once you’ve got the shoulder pieces you need the keys just start to stack up. Here’s another use for them.
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    I could get onboard with this. Gotta have more motivation for HM. One extra key isn't enough.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avnr wrote: »
    vma is harder then 12 man trial and you get nonthing , just nerfed weapon
    maybe gold ring is a good idea

YEEEEEEES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

Or at least a purple one.......
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Avnr wrote: »
    vma is harder then 12 man trial and you get nonthing , just nerfed weapon
    maybe gold ring is a good idea

YEEEEEEES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

Or at least a purple one.......

I've vendored all my gold vMA weekly jewelry except the Winterborn ones.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MattT1988 wrote: »
    Well there is another way.

Put a new NPC vendor at the undaunted area that sells gold dungeon jewellery for a heap of treasure keys. Maybe 50 keys for a gold piece?

Once you’ve got the shoulder pieces you need the keys just start to stack up. Here’s another use for them.

They could even make you legwork to the particular zone of the corresponding dungeon. Make vendors be semi-useful, at least?

I mean, when was the last time anyone paid 1000g for a white quality, no trait greatsword from any of a 100 vendor NPC's?
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t see why not it’s not like gold jewelry boost stats that much from purple. I also have a OCD thing that I can’t stand all my gear being gold but my rings and necklace purple, it really annoys me.

And there's not much difference between green and blue jewellery, or blue and purple jewellery, or purple and gold jewellery but there's a big difference between green and gold jewellery.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »

My understanding is on live, it is only dungeon sets that previously dropped from trials (viper, ebon) going up on the golden. After patch, I assume it is all dungeon/overland sets.

I've wanted gold lich jewelry forever...
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Larsay
    Larsay
    ✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    The difference between purple and gold is negligible, so why does anyone give a damn, except for scratching an OCD itch?

The Golden is a gold sink, and this game needs more gold sinks, not less. They just want to make sure that people who want to scratch that OCD itch do so with a contribution to the fight against inflation.

Finally, most dungeon hardmodes are a joke. You can beat CoA1 in vet "hard" mode completely solo without breaking a sweat. The dungeons where hard mode are actually difficult are the SotH and HotR ones, but the HMs in those dungeons reward motifs that you can sell for some serious coin, which you can then use on the Golden vendor to scratch your itch.

I agree. Vet. Dungeon Hardmodes are absolutely silly. They are really not any harder in many cases. Take even CoA 2 Hardmode, since COA 1 was mentioned. All Hardemode becomes is a DPS check, not any additional skill is required.

I do not feel gold jewelry should be added to Hardmode dungeons in their current state. If they were to humor doing anything it should be to add a 3rd tier to the dungeons, a super hard mode if you will that actually increases to effort required to complete the dungeon, Something at least to bring a sense of challenge and feel as though I actually earned the item. At this point Dungeons are just a time sink. And not much of a time sink at that.
    Guild Leader of CtrlAltElite
    Heidi Oakheart - Nord - Dragon Knight - Trial Tank - Stormproof
    Drinda Ebonheart - Imperial - Nightblade - Trial Tank - Stormproof
    Larsay Faithhealer - Breton - Templar - Trial Healer - Stormproof
    Ingrid Winterborn - Redguard - Dragon Knight - Stamina DPS -Stormproof
    Elina Hailstorm - Bosmer - Sorcerer - Stamina DPS - Stormproof
    Gwen Stormarrow - Breton - Sorcerer - Magicka DPS - Stormproof
    Regina Lightbringer - Redguard - Templar - Stamina DPS - Stormproof

Notable Clears vHRC HM, vAA HM, vSO HM, vMoL, vAS