Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Carrying the Relic - Heal Debuff

brandonv516
brandonv516
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Is there some point at which you carry the relic that you get a heal debuff? I've never really looked at my character sheet when I've held it.

I noticed after holding onto the relic for several minutes that my Healing Ward and Resto Ultimate weren't doing anything for me anymore.

Furthermore it felt that my Dampen Magic shield wasn't providing as large of a shield either (bug?).
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It kills you over time, and faster until you just can't heal through it anymore around the 90 seconds mark.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    It kills you over time, and faster until you just can't heal through it anymore around the 90 seconds mark.

That's chaos ball.

But yeah, you get an increasing heal debuff when carrying the relic. This allows you to punish teams hard for trying to double cap since half their team can't heal and if you have their relic they have to die to remove the debuff
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah yeah, my bad.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well thats nice...i thought it was just my build getting punished not being able to use mist form XD. I understand why though..
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    Well thats nice...i thought it was just my build getting punished not being able to use mist form XD. I understand why though..

I always try to carry relics or chaos ball when I pug. I play mageblade 90% of the time. No mist or cloak, it's hell but I still lead pugs in scoring usually lol
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first time I ever picked up a relic I was like "why the hell can't I streak" followed a few minutes later by "why the hell is my Hardened Ward only doing 3k".

The relic and chaos ball really mess with your build, haha.

Edited by Taylor_MB on October 14, 2017 11:42AM
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel