The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Tale of 1000 Crates and the Missing Plague Husk Horse

• Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder just one thing about all this...after about the 500th crate does Pacrooti finally change his tune and start saying "By Jone and Jode, this one thinks you are about the unluckiest son of a guar he has ever seen" or does he still keep up that "lucky aura" thing that makes me want to turn him into a rug?
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For perspective:

If OP purchased 5500 Crown packs on sale back in August to buy 1130 Crown Crates = $1,642.95
    If OP purchased 5500 Crown packs NOT on sale to buy 1130 Crown Crates = $2,738.71
    If OP purchased 21000 Crown packs NOT on sale to buy 1130 Crown Crates = $2,690.30

Clearly OP did not get all his Crowns on sale but this provides perspective as to how much he actually spent.

Also, as you can see buying 21000 Crown packs does not help you much at all.

5500 Packs = $0.007270909 per 1 crown
    21000 Packs = $0.007142381 per crown

Almost no difference.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • Ekadzati
    Ekadzati
    ✭✭✭
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    Unfortunately, disposable income or not, you're telling ZOS that the crate model is working. Every big purchase of them like that is ensuring that they're here to stay.

I don't begrudge you the funds, you earned them fairly, but it does send the message that the crates are working as intended. If not a single person bought them, they'd go back to direct purchases.

Well said; as a bona fide "whale" when it comes to gaming (all my entertainment budget is spent here), I just tonight decided I'm not buying another thing until I see some genuine content parity IN THE GAME for these purely cosmetic items.

We'll see if I'm the only one or not, but ZOS best hope not, because economy crash ain't pretty and you rarely return to former heights once it happens.
    Registration date: November 2013
    Geek since 1974.
    Girl Gamer since 1976.
    Granny since 2014.
    Gut shooter since forever.
    Don't say you weren't warned.
    (Now where's my cane and why are you on my lawn?)

• SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope ZOS puts that money to good use, like improving their servers.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • Dragath
    Dragath
    ✭✭✭✭
    SisterGoat wrote: »

if the money earned by crate sales would actually be used to improve the game, i'd gladly spend a few thousand dollars for the crates.
    but it's not.
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy cow! Shame you didn't get your mount but that's some crate purchasing! I'm impressed. And jealous lol
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    haha a legit scam from ZOS...
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • Alexandrious
    Alexandrious
    ✭✭✭

All my kek, goes to this post.

Kek
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OP, I think if I was a community manager for ZOS, after learning you had purchased 1000 crown crates trying to get the Plague Husk, I would have sent you one with a note "Thanks for supporting our game, have this with our compliments!".
    Edited by Ashtaris on October 13, 2017 9:43PM
  • Stormahawk
    Stormahawk
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suggest opening up a ticket in Ask For Help. You might be surprised.
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry op, the crates are prob around till december? You still have time to get that dang horse and you are in too deep to stop now lol.
    Xbox One Na
  • Benefactor
    Benefactor
    ✭✭✭✭
    No matter how much you spent support will not help in any matter relating to the crown crates. Believe me I have tried multiple times with 0 success and I've spent just about as much as this guy in crates.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Benefactor wrote: »
    No matter how much you spent support will not help in any matter relating to the crown crates. Believe me I have tried multiple times with 0 success and I've spent just about as much as this guy in crates.

Then that's a good reason why they should never have Crown Crate exclusives that can't be purchased with gems. After spending over $1000 on the game buying crates, you should have some way of getting the mount you desire.
  • Pwnyridah
    Pwnyridah
    ✭✭✭
    Think i bought 60 crates and got both the cinder wolf and plague horse mounts.
    Edited by Pwnyridah on October 19, 2017 3:46AM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    Before the usual guffaws and ridicule, a couple of things to note: I had a surplus of disposable income from my tax returns, I am generally in a healthy financial position, I regularly contribute to charities and lend my time at a soup kitchen on Christmas

Must be nice...as I say this on the other side of the white picket fence.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • SecretAtoz
    SecretAtoz
    ✭✭✭
    Did you at least get the ice senche or cinder wolf?
  • Ravereth
    Ravereth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol_vladimir_putin.gif