The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Are you happy with how PVP is currently performing?

• Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I dream of cyrodiil where large armies can fight with no lag and no disconnects and no loading screens.
  • ezeepeezee
    ezeepeezee
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Pinja wrote: »
    I Can't Sell My Gear... Is Hawk eye overpriced @ 2000?

just decon and sell the mats unless it's impen fury
  • AH93
    AH93
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I voted no, because of the lag and endless load screens, PvP is not an option for me.
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    WTB sound in battles.
    PC-NA
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Karivaa wrote: »
    I dream of cyrodiil where large armies can fight with no lag and no disconnects and no loading screens.

Year 1 was like this, until the dreaded lighting patch.
    PC-NA
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Moloch1514 wrote: »
    WTB sound in battles.

PvP sound effects coming to a crown store near you!
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    - Some days the load screen makes game unplayable.
    - Too many times it feels like a horse simulation game trying to get from place to place.
    - no CP is dead. No talking, very hard to get a group if not impossible.
    - CP campaign is caterpillar mode. Trains of people winding around together and sometimes bumping into an enemy caterpillar.
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Bump
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Bump
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Make IC free
    Create objectives to go there and around the map
    Consolidate servers
    Delete kyne /merge to sotha
  • SlayerTheDragon
    SlayerTheDragon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is how you fix PVP (for players and servers alike):

1. All gear is cosmetic. Attributes are set for each class making every character of that class EXACTLY the same. No item/set bonuses. PVP now becomes purely player skill based, and servers save a lot on calculations.
    2. All skills have PVP versions which replace the PVE versions in PVP modes. They can thus be balanced without breaking PVE.

PVP fixed.
    Edited by SlayerTheDragon on December 6, 2017 9:01AM
    ¤═══¤ People don't like it when you talk to them with your weapon drawn ¤═══¤
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Does anyone find these 'stats' slightly distrubing. Would like to know if this priority? Going to be looked at? Or just ignored?
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Here is how you fix PVP (for players and servers alike):

1. All gear is cosmetic. Attributes are set for each class making every character of that class EXACTLY the same. No item/set bonuses. PVP now becomes purely player skill based, and servers save a lot on calculations.
    2. All skills have PVP versions which replace the PVE versions in PVP modes. They can thus be balanced without breaking PVE.

PVP fixed.

Sincerely hope #1 is not serious, or else my faith in humanity may have further decreased
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I'm never happy with it.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Bump
  • SosRuvaak
    SosRuvaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    this thread is still very relevant. lol
    pvp is screwed up soo badly.
    For the Pact!
    ~Sump Scales~
    Lusty Argonian Nightblade
    ~Baron Humbert von Gikkingen~
    Smokes-His-Greens
    ~Ruvaak~
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I don't think the poll's results are any longer relevant

Btw: I voted a year ago when this thread was made
    Edited by Waffennacht on May 1, 2018 8:50AM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Absolutely not as it is now.
    Edited by Nyladreas on May 1, 2018 9:25AM
  • DuckNoodles
    DuckNoodles
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Laggggggg
  • RainfeatherUK
    RainfeatherUK
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    A somewhat dated topic.

That said, I don't personally believe that there is much that can be done for ESO PvP in its entirety. There is always a cross over of disagreement with this; that largely stems from perspective and preference.

Some, were very happy to receive arena's and the small scale. Others felt that it was a last resort, after realizing that world pvp cannot be fixed.

And that's an issue. If we draw back towards the days of Paul Sage and his statement that they pretty much 'couldn't fix the lag' before his departure; it makes you wonder if the prelaunch promises (large open world battles befitting the ridiculous size of Cyrodiil) were feasible in the first place.

Sure enough at launch performance was much better. But a game is never going to stay stagnant and much has changed. Not all for the better. Which is why I moved on from it (the pvp).

People ask for ZoS to make PvP better but is it worth considering that they have no invested interest or desire to do so? Not only is it dwindling in popularity in ESO (because of the performance) its also a risk. If they cant reliably operate it at the capacity people want; it would seem foolhardy to work towards encouraging people to use it that way.

Whats more likely, is that they don't want to make the experience too good. Because if everybody starts turning to PvP it aggravates the loading on those maps - further highlighting the bad performance. Wasn't that what Sage basically said 'people are bunching up and we need to spread people out more'.

That's basically the same as saying 'our game cant handle the load of pvp being popular and heavily populated'.

It was not long after that, that battlegrounds seemed to be more seriously entertained.

This should serve as a stark warning to people like Camelot Unchained (who will be almost totally reliant on this); If your engine and promises aren't up to snuff from day one - Don't make them.
    Edited by RainfeatherUK on May 1, 2018 9:36AM
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    CHANGE HOW EMP WORKS FFS!

you should only be able to be emp once per campaign then once you lose it the next in line. I'm sick of AP farmers account sharing holding emp for 30 damn days and doing nothing for the rest of the team.

• jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    I main a magicka templar. I need not elaborate.
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I said 'NO' ... but what would I know about PvP?
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    It's been four years of lag, crashes, delayed weapon activation, load screens etc. ZOS has done NOTHING to address any of those issues. With the upcoming PvP changes in Summerset yet again nothing to fix the PvP Game performance issues. Pathetic to say the least.
  • Neelanna48
    Neelanna48
    ✭✭✭
    No
    No

Two reasons

LAG LAG LAG (repeat that into infinity* for gods sake get a separate server for pvp)

Players using key binds so that all 5 skills go off at the same time ( I mean really ZOS this has been going on for far too long so hoping it will stop after next chapter is introduced)
  • ayu_fever
    ayu_fever
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    i did pvp enough on each my 5 characters until i got vigor, caltrops, war horn, purge, barrier.
    you know, typical pve care bear shenanigans.
    i dont mind the performance, good or bad because i never wanted to be there anyway.
    i just played battlegrounds for the guaranteed 7K ap points for getting last place.
    i was there for guaranteed skill line progress even for losing.
    it was no problem to afk 6 or 7 games to those abilities unlocked, and i have no reason to ever go back to any pvp area.

dont blame me for not caring about trying to win the game.
    blame ZOS for “forcing” silly pvp nonsense on the good guys (pve players).
    we care bears get in and do what we gotta do then get out of that silly pvp nonsense as fast as possible (OMG IT BURNS!!!)

pvp in any video game never has interested me.
    i know it does interest others though.

BUT...
    elder scrolls games have always been about the pve experience.
    i still just dont see why they ever put pvp in this game, especially since it is severely neglected.
    PS4 NA

all characters are members of the ebonheart pact master race
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT

main character:
    Rebekah Straight-Fire, breton templar healer: THE FATEBRINGER (dungeons, trials, pvp)
    —MERIDIA’S LUSTRANT— 1100+CP; alliance rank 21 (major grade 1); Rebekah is the most devoted and loyal follower of the lady of infinite energies and the highest ascendant of meridia’s purified legion and was forged from meridia’s brilliant radiance of purity.

other meta toons-
    Alexa Straight-Fire, breton warden healer: THE ALCHEMIST (dungeons, trials)
    Sasha Straight-Fire, nord dragonknight tank: THE UNBREAKABLE (dungeons, trials)
    Freyja Straight-Fire, nord warden tank: THE ICEBERG (dungeons, trials)
    Ororo Straight-Fire, dark elf magsorc: THE SHOCKWAVE (dungeons, trials)
    Michonne Straight-Fire, redguard stamDK: THE EVISCERATOR (dungeons, trials)

just for fun toons-
    Rhea Straight-Fire, wood elf warden stam healer: THE RANGER
    Shiva Straight-Fire, high elf warden ice mage: THE CRYOMANCER
    Morgana Straight-Fire, dark elf necromancer solo play: THE DEATHSINGER
    Lucille Straight-Fire, dark elf nightblade solo play: THE VOIDWALKER
    Diana Straight-Fire, nord templar tank: THE CLERIC
    Falsetto Straight-Fire, orc stamsorc werewolf: THE THUNDERHOWL
  • maltinkilic
    maltinkilic
    ✭✭✭
    No
    The infinite loading screen of vicious death.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    ayu_fever wrote: »
    i did pvp enough on each my 5 characters until i got vigor, caltrops, war horn, purge, barrier.
    you know, typical pve care bear shenanigans.
    i dont mind the performance, good or bad because i never wanted to be there anyway.
    i just played battlegrounds for the guaranteed 7K ap points for getting last place.
    i was there for guaranteed skill line progress even for losing.
    it was no problem to afk 6 or 7 games to those abilities unlocked, and i have no reason to ever go back to any pvp area.

dont blame me for not caring about trying to win the game.
    blame ZOS for “forcing” silly pvp nonsense on the good guys (pve players).
    we care bears get in and do what we gotta do then get out of that silly pvp nonsense as fast as possible (OMG IT BURNS!!!)

pvp in any video game never has interested me.
    i know it does interest others though.

BUT...
    elder scrolls games have always been about the pve experience.
    i still just dont see why they ever put pvp in this game, especially since it is severely neglected.

Then why the *** you vote yes if ure not even pvping...
    God i just cant understand this community.
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Needs to be split completely from PvE
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501