The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

wow pre made groups in battlegrounds.

TheNuminous1
TheNuminous1
✭✭✭✭✭
makes me never wanna set foot in battlegrounds.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, I know they don't want to split people up bc there would be even less groups but they need to have a random que and a pre made group que.

It's not fun for the pre made groups either to fight 4-8 players that can't talk to each other have different builds set ups lvls.

When I play with a pre made group its win after win think we went 30 games in a row before we got bored. When I solo que it's like smashing my head against the wall.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Form your own group

*Edit* Level 7, thanks guys
    Edited by JamieAubrey on September 29, 2017 9:51AM
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind playing on a random team. I still go 22-5 in deathmatch to a losing cause. :D
    Edited by Skinzz on September 29, 2017 6:46PM
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pre-mades don't like going up against 8 solo queues either.... we just don't have a choice when we want to play with friends.

Most people I know avoid making pre-mades in non-peak times, cause we know it sucks.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    once a few pre-mades start running its time to build your own, there's no way around it.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeh, kills them for me. Sometimes people aren't on or doing their own thing so I can't get a group going. Which renders them unplayable for me because you get stomped by a well oiled group. Meanwhile my team is light attacking and running the wrong way with flags. GG.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, I know they don't want to split people up bc there would be even less groups but they need to have a random que and a pre made group que.

It's not fun for the pre made groups either to fight 4-8 players that can't talk to each other have different builds set ups lvls.

When I play with a pre made group its win after win think we went 30 games in a row before we got bored. When I solo que it's like smashing my head against the wall.

Then we will have threads complaining about how long the queue is and they do not want to do BGs anymore due to the long wait. We saw that when the queue was totally broken.

Start forming up with some people and run together regularly.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO the BGs should be able to be entered ONLY with a premade. And the prizes should be significantly increased. Let there be a LFG tool for it that puts four people together if they need it, but group them up together before they enter the BGs and keep the team composition consistent throughout games.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    IMO the BGs should be able to be entered ONLY with a premade. And the prizes should be significantly increased. Let there be a LFG tool for it that puts four people together if they need it, but group them up together before they enter the BGs and keep the team composition consistent throughout games.
    Interesting idea, possibly add a "leave group" function after each game if you don't mesh well with the others or one person has to leave so you don't lose your whole group. Not a bad idea.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting idea, possibly add a "leave group" function after each game if you don't mesh well with the others or one person has to leave so you don't lose your whole group. Not a bad idea.

Or treat it like the group finder for dungeons and have a "vote kick"

That would make a few PvPers VERY salty.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm anti social. I'd rather solo queue, but I hopped on the premade bandwagon and can clearly see the difference.

I still think it's more fun, and personally rewarding, to solo queue, be randomly grouped with other solo queued folk, and then go on to win.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    I'm anti social. I'd rather solo queue, but I hopped on the premade bandwagon and can clearly see the difference.

I still think it's more fun, and personally rewarding, to solo queue, be randomly grouped with other solo queued folk, and then go on to win.

Valid points.

Another thing to mention, is I've already said before I think BGs is roughly 80% trash tier 20% good. Lately it seems like its been even more over saturated with new players....

I like a little bit of a challenge and good PvP, so there is really no fun in going in with your premade and then stomping the other 2 teams made up of CP 100s who don't know the game or what to do.

My point is, if you've already got all the good people playing on your team, that just leaves only the fodder remaining to just be free kills and otherwise ineffectual players on the battlefield.

The key problem remains which is not enough people are interested in BGs, but it would also be preferable to move toward a solo queue vs group queue option ASAP.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol i hope to god they never listen to you, these would be the nail in the coffin for bg's which are already pretty much dead
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always queue for BGs as pre made group, I don't wanna waste time for randoms and lose because of them.
    So maybe it's time to make your own pre made group with friends and guildies, instead of QQing on forums.
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    I always queue for BGs as pre made group, I don't wanna waste time for randoms and lose because of them.
    So maybe it's time to make your own pre made group with friends and guildies, instead of QQing on forums.

or maybe they should realize the horrible imbalance of the same 4 people destroying over and over again while the other 8 just sit and lose constantly.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ecru wrote: »

lol i hope to god they never listen to you, these would be the nail in the coffin for bg's which are already pretty much dead

They're already dead because there isn't a ranking system that means anything, and premades are already scaring away the solo queues. That's why they're dead.

If you make it so you have to have a group to get in, a few things will happen:
    1. If everyone is a premade, then no team will have a default advantage
    2. Players will be trying to get their friends into BGs
    3. Leaderboards will be able to track groups instead of solo players (in a perfect world anyway)
    4. The matchmaker system will work much better if it isn't trying to form groups.

Saying that this would scare people away is short sited. Group requirements hasn't scares people away from undaunted pledges or trials... it's actually given people in guilds a sense of obligation.

The problem with BGs is that people queue up solo, get stomped, and never queue up again. My idea fixes that problem. Who knows - maybe some day we'll have enough of a BG population to actually have separate queues for solos and premades.

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

or maybe they should realize the horrible imbalance of the same 4 people destroying over and over again while the other 8 just sit and lose constantly.

It's imbalances but what are you going to do to fix it? I think you're overestimating how many people play in the BGs. If I can get 8 leaderboard rewards on three separate characters while working a 9-5, there is clearly a population problem.

• ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with BGs is that people queue up solo, get stomped, and never queue up again. My idea fixes that problem. Who knows - maybe some day we'll have enough of a BG population to actually have separate queues for solos and premades.

That's a problem with the 4v4v4 premade vs pug system as a whole, and a premade only queue would not fix the problem. You would have less people queueing because they can't queue solo, and the same imbalanced matches you had before. Forcing people into a premade group who didn't otherwise form one, whether it's queueing with their friends or with a group queueing system like dungeons, will not make those groups perform any better against organized premades.

With 4v4v4 there are no extra players to balance out organized groups on either side because there are three sides, forcing 4v8 situations throughout the entire match. Who will take advantage of the constant imbalance due to three teams? The best, most organized group--not the worst. On top of that, you cannot win more than one third of your games even with a perfect matchmaking system, so even with proper matchmaking, people will still feel like they are losing too much.

It's a broken system that needs to be rebuilt from the ground up to mimic other games like WoW and Rift. Sorry.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does CS:GO have separate matchmaking for pre-mades? I wasn't aware if it does. What about dota 2? Overwatch?
    PC | EU
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does CS:GO have separate matchmaking for pre-mades? I wasn't aware if it does. What about dota 2? Overwatch?

different games that don't relate to the topic at hand

In ESO we need separate queues (premades and solo) when/if the BGs population finally increases.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't really compare these games but in the case of overwatch, yes it does. Full premades almost always queue against other full premades or something like a 4 + 2 person group.

Their matchmaking systems only work because they have two teams though, lol.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »

In ESO we need separate queues (premades and solo) when/if the BGs population finally increases.

But I think they do relate; they're all competetive pvp games with leaderboards. They must also have the pre-made vs. solo issue. How do those games resolve it?
    PC | EU
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't really compare these games but in the case of overwatch, yes it does. Full premades almost always queue against other full premades or something like a 4 + 2 person group.

Their matchmaking systems only work because they have two teams though, lol.

I've played about 20hrs of overwatch, always with a pre-made of some of my old BF clan who carried me. I can't think how the game would know we were pre-made, or even fit our group of 3 in with other pre-mades. I'm not saying you're wrong, or even suggesting zos shouldn't do anything about the issue (I haven't played BGs just because I don't want to solo against pre-mades), I'm just trying to add to the topic by drawing attention to the issue in similar games. I don't have a suggestion to fix it myself, but I believe it's a hard issue to solve.
    PC | EU
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But I think they do relate; they're all competetive pvp games with leaderboards. They must also have the pre-made vs. solo issue. How do those games resolve it?

You answered your own question. They have a proper ELO matchmaking system. Most people win about half of their games, premade or not. ESO has no such system, and no such system is actually possible due to the third team. Y ou cannot match people up properly due to the fact that you cannot guarantee how three teams will interact with each other. With two teams, you can be sure that one team is facing the other, but with three, there is no way to guarantee the low ELO team will group up with the medium ELO team to face off against the high ELO stacked premade.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You answered your own question. They have a proper ELO matchmaking system. Most people win about half of their games, premade or not. ESO has no such system, and no such system is actually possible due to the third team. Y ou cannot match people up properly due to the fact that you cannot guarantee how three teams will interact with each other. With two teams, you can be sure that one team is facing the other, but with three, there is no way to guarantee the low ELO team will group up with the medium ELO team to face off against the high ELO stacked premade.

I see your point, thanks for explaining. It hadn't occured to me that 3 teams would add complexity. When I used the term "matchmaking" I just meant the process of putting players together, like cod; not neccesarily ranked matchmaking like CS:GO or dota. So would BGs benefit from being 4v4 or 6v6? I don't think splitting the community into solo or pre-made tiers would be good for the game.
    PC | EU
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

There's a balance though. I'll never run a 4 man unless it's prime time because the fights just aren't good when it's 4 coordinated players running builds that have great synergy will stomp even a good 2 man.

I just change builds based on how many known quantities there are on my team, if I know X number of players to be bad or good then I run different things to carry or support more.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I generally don't mind going in solo and fighting premades with a pug posse. It's still fun and I can usually still end with a decent personal score.

It only really sucks when a teamspeak premade is merciless and coordinates ulti's on you back-to-back-to-back. It can be a little disheartening to get flattened by 2 Leaps and a DBoS every time you try to engage.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    I generally don't mind going in solo and fighting premades with a pug posse. It's still fun and I can usually still end with a decent personal score.

It only really sucks when a teamspeak premade is merciless and coordinates ulti's on you back-to-back-to-back. It can be a little disheartening to get flattened by 2 Leaps and a DBoS every time you try to engage.

Gotta spread on inc brah.

But yeah as more and more of the game modes allow a team to cleverly out the other two against each other, having a premade is becoming more and more of an advantage.

• Nogawd
    Nogawd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have ran a lot of BG's over the last few days and yeah, it has been deflating watching the premades smash everyone. You just stand no chance when you get teamed with a few sub 50's or other new players.

I know the short answer is to run with others and do the smashing (I don't think that helps BG's overall) but for some reason even some of the popular pvp guilds that I have been in do not want to q for a BG.

I also see a lot of the same players in the q, so I know they don't have a lot of traffic in general.

I too would vote for premades or guild-based q's to battle against other guilds and then have one strictly for pure random solo qing.

They have some issues to work out with this, that is for sure. It has the potential to be very fun.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Don't know about DOTA but having played a crap ton of overwatch, yes they have different matchmaking for pre-mades.
    EU | PC | AD