The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Has Cyrodiil Lost what made it fun

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes i have a blast
    mb10 wrote: »
    People on ps4 quit and stop playing saying PVP is boring now have 3 different characters on at least palatine and expect to not get bored.

You invest 8 hours a day to PVP for 2 years and still expect it to be fun lol

Just relax and play to enjoy the game, not prove yourself to other players and PVP will always be fun

preach...

it's one of the reasons i solo (that and the fact i only really like to listen to the sound of my own voice :o)...

used to group up occasionally, but, a lot of times it felt like going through the vet undaunted pledges with folks looking to do speed runs...

pvp is most definitely a journey - not a destination...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meh, Its something to do when bored out the gourd.
    This is generally how I feel about ESO overall. New gear grind every few months that just gets repetitive and boring, plus I just don't have the time to always be grinding. Then all the fun and persistent issues in Cyrodill makes the pvp I want to do far less enjoyable that I could be. I love the open world combat and the sieges large and small, but Zeni really needs to give some long overdue love to this part of the game.
  • Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes i have a blast
    My only complaint is for Miat's addon. I used to play a NB ganker and now it's obsolete because of this addon.
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was never fun...

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big sieges were more frequent back then.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what they've done to solo play is bad and they should feel bad
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thelon wrote: »
    what they've done to solo play is bad and they should feel bad

Yup, considering they're trying to promote group play their servers cannot handle.
    I'm a PVE roleplayer concerned about my vampires stage 4 skin tone and keep getting load screens so I came here to distract people from major issues with a rant thread about my characters cosmetic appearance.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's something to do while I'm waiting for new content and need a break from trying to pick pocket my way to the Black Market Mogul achievement. <(only 75K more in fenced goods to go ;) )
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Getern
    Getern
    ✭✭✭
    I stopped enjoying Cyrodiil around the time Vicious Death became a thing and it just kept getting worst after that, with Heavy and Proc set metas just really being the final nails for me.

This guy knows what's up.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your poll answers are a bit backward considering how the question is phrased.

Q. Has Cyrodiil lost what made it fun?

A. No, it's still fun for me. I enjoy it much more than anything else in this game.

Would be nice to get a kind of upgrade to Cyrodiil with some enhancements, though, new gameplay features to bring some life and pvp action to all those empty delves and ruins across the map. Maybe some sort of small alliance wide buff that gets activated from controlling each delve.

In the towns and keeps would be nice to have some craftable traps, barricades, maybe add guild trader NPC dialogue to all the resources and guild trader in the towns. Would help smaller guilds find a place to sell their wares and also way for people to buy supplies they need without leaving Cyrodiil.

I'd love to see more interesting missions and quests, for example, how about a way to disguise yourself as enemy player, some kind of mission to infiltrate enemy keep and assassinate emperor or grand overlord etc.

Edited by IcyDeadPeople on September 27, 2017 2:07AM
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't PvP'd much since mid-year event.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No longer Enjoy it
    It was never fun.

The PVP in ESO was never fun, it allways sucked.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No longer Enjoy it
    Turelus wrote: »
    Solariken wrote: »
    I do love Cyrodiil as a concept, but I got sick of the huge zergs (full of tanks), night-capping, and the sea of stealthed try-hard stamblades. Cyrodiil is no country for solo players.

Thankfully we now have battlegrounds, which are an infinitely better PvP experience in my opinion.
    Solo in open world PvP is about more than 1v1 or 1vX encounters which are fair.
    As I have said and others have said in threads before, part of the skill of a solo player is getting fights and kill whilst being able to disengage and get away.
    Hell at least if you die in this game it means nothing, oh no we have to run back to where people are.

Sure if you're a Nightblade. Not everyone wants to play an assassin all the time. I might have chosen a Nightblade way back at launch if I had known that I would mostly play solo and had been able to see how Cyrodiil gameplay would unfold.

ZOS could take steps to discourage zerging and faction stacking but they don't because Cyrodiil development is not a priority. Also you mock but horse riding can really suck.
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To me Cyrodiil is about as fun as it ever was. It all depends on how active the server is and whether or not there are keeps to take and defend.

I think if there was one change that actually annoyed me it was town capture. It just encourages more PvP in areas designed for PvE content and makes it harder for players to take those quests.
  • Alex_Lex
    Alex_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes i have a blast
    I actually has just found it pretty fun this week, never loved it before.
    EU: Beatrice gra-Brog, Rebellie, Yshterie, Jearra , Lirielline
    Christess, Fleuretta, Jubilee Cake, Braviliana, Onyxette
    M'adjirra, Dances-around-Nirn, Nerieth, Estrice, Ann der Wood
    Éternelle, Burns-all-the-babies, Jyggurag
    NA: Dice Twice, Nikka from the barrel
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just depends what balance changes bring and whos online playing. Ive had plenty of great times and bad.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes i have a blast
    I play this game because of the PvP and the theorycrafting behind it. I've always enjoyed it.
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    Not really fun anymore especially since i primarily played an archer. with all the nerfs done to sneak sharpened trait etc the bow hits most people for very little anymore. it doesn't do as much damage as it use to. and thats not saying much cause it was still sort of weak before. everyone you run into anymore is a tank. i usually get killed by someone wearing heavy armor. or either someone using guard on someone wearing light armor who is a zerg bomber. pvp is only zerg bombers and perma block builds anymore. it's hardly the stuff of fun and not to mention my attacks not firing off cause of lag and endless load screens. and the people have became more toxic it seems then before. every time i read text chat while in pvp there is always someone insulting someone. its just better to stay away from it unless there isn't much else to do.

Zos Do something about the perma block builds and shield stacking in pvp and it might be fun again
    Edited by Jake1576 on September 28, 2017 2:08AM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wouldn't bother with this game if not an obsession with different builds and trying them out in Cyrodiil. Sometimes it's hard to get a good assessment when learning your key binds and weapon swaps and getting ran over by ball groups and pug Zerg, but dieing is no big deal and I always have a good time overall
  • Carpe-Veritatem
    Carpe-Veritatem
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody loved this game or sung it's praises more than I. But they are RUINING Pvp which is all I really care to do. Faction jumping, the promotion of AP prostitution over a strategy war game where hard work is rewarded, is combining to make things just unenjoyable for those of us who play for the challenge of winning a campaign. A long hard fought 30 day battle royal is RUINED when ZOS stupidly and LAZILY allows people to log into their Red toons, Blue toons, or Yellow toons as the game map dictates. When I can bring my guild to another campaign...and totally skew the outcome? BAH! When an emperor is crowned VIA AGREEMENT accross factions between large guilds.....it's all corruption all of the time. ZOS is killing this game....all game's have a shelf life....but they are needlessly shortening this one do to their unwillingness to address what clearly needs addressing. Whoever is in charge of Cyradiil needs to stop ignoring the will of MOST of the player base. WE want faction locking by account on a campaign by campaign basis! We don't want large guilds to jump campaigns to swarm a server and run the map...to crown an Emperor for one campaign....only to then have another guild return the favor by helping crown their guy on their home campaign. The faction stacking going on in Vivec the past few days is entirely due to guilds jumping over from another campaign. BAH! How would anyone find that to be fun?
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nobody loved this game or sung it's praises more than I. But they are RUINING Pvp which is all I really care to do. Faction jumping, the promotion of AP prostitution over a strategy war game where hard work is rewarded, is combining to make things just unenjoyable for those of us who play for the challenge of winning a campaign. A long hard fought 30 day battle royal is RUINED when ZOS stupidly and LAZILY allows people to log into their Red toons, Blue toons, or Yellow toons as the game map dictates. When I can bring my guild to another campaign...and totally skew the outcome? BAH! When an emperor is crowned VIA AGREEMENT accross factions between large guilds.....it's all corruption all of the time. ZOS is killing this game....all game's have a shelf life....but they are needlessly shortening this one do to their unwillingness to address what clearly needs addressing. Whoever is in charge of Cyradiil needs to stop ignoring the will of MOST of the player base. WE want faction locking by account on a campaign by campaign basis! We don't want large guilds to jump campaigns to swarm a server and run the map...to crown an Emperor for one campaign....only to then have another guild return the favor by helping crown their guy on their home campaign. The faction stacking going on in Vivec the past few days is entirely due to guilds jumping over from another campaign. BAH! How would anyone find that to be fun?

I certainly understand the frustration when there are guilds that sometimes switch factions, etc. But there is only one high pop campaign in PC NA - nowhere else to play. The other campaigns are pretty dead. And often those guilds are switching because they want to try to improve balance, for example if one faction seems weaker they often switch to the weaker one.

• BllyDnsr
    BllyDnsr
    ✭✭✭
    XB NA has become mostly buff campaigns and if not a buff campaign, then the enormous zergs in one location just makes the game unplayable a lot of times with lag death a more often occurrence than not. It makes it very frustrating for a single 24 person group to be able to do anything besides stay off the Emp ring and even then, we're constantly be run down by 60+ enemies. Even when we stand our ground and fight, we end up losing half of our group to disconnects. Yeah, the other side loses people too but we end up with 12 and they still have 30+. Maybe if we'd go back to sharing AP at defenses and takes, it would deter these monster zergs and lessen the load on the servers? I don't know, just wish something would get done.
    Guildmaster of Obsidian Covenant.
  • BllyDnsr
    BllyDnsr
    ✭✭✭

I agree with you. Well said.
    Guildmaster of Obsidian Covenant.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It lost stable performance for sure.
  • raistin87
    raistin87
    ✭✭✭
    It kinda had.

1) Current meta favoring tankiness, which translates into more reliance on zerging as properly built players are unable to kill each other in small numbers. A consequence of this is a) lower probability of meeting a number of enemies that would provide meaningful engagement (duel or 1vX os small scale) and b) inability to kill anything even when you do. This, in turn is a result of several poor balancing decisions, in particular: defensive set bonuses being more powerful than their effensive counterparts, which is true both for "minor" 2-4 bonuses and and 5 piece bonuses relative to 2-4 bonuses (there are really no offensive bonuses that are comparable to what Impregnable, Plague doctor provide) and of course the nerf to Sharpened trait.

2) Gear locked behind PvE grind. Yes, while it is hard to believe, some us are are playing this game purely for the PvP and no, running the same dungeon 50 times to get the right set weapon is not fun by any means (50 runs if you concede to run with suboptimal trait). And I am not even mentioning gear the locked behind hardcore PvE content that I (along with many other pvpers) just cannot be bothered to finish (vDSA and vMA weapons and indeed the upcoming perfect Asylum weapons and certain monster helmets).

3) Inability to finance potions/tradable gear/upgrades from the proceeds. Even if I managed to get 50k a/p per hour (which I rarely do), that would still mean about 650 gold per hour (50k ap = 2.5 rewards for the *** = approx 650 gold after including income from the sale of items), which is 1-2 orders of magnitude below of what you make in PvE. As the meta changes quite fast, this along with point 2) is really becoming the killer for me.

4) Miat's. No reason to elaborate on this as as it has been discussed thoroughly in dedicated threads. Perhaps, the saddest thing is that ZOS failed to communicate whether allowing the fuctionality of the aforementioned add-on is a deliberate design decision or an error to be fixed in an upcoming API update.

• akredon_ESO
    akredon_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone for the constructive feed back it really makes discussions like this a lot less of a poo throwing contest. I agree with a lot of what everyone has said in some way shape or form.

I think a few of the most common posts in here are the Unkillable Tank builds, System performance issues and Faction lock.(if i missed some sorry :disappointed:).

System performance in Cyrodiil has never been what it was in beta. I believe ZOS needs to look into Dedicated Factions And pop caps. Maybe like 500 people per server and possibly have some sort of % faction so that way you cant have one faction completely out numbering the other.

Unkillable I have seen some posts on the forums of people suggesting that the long you hold block the more stamina it should cost kind of like Dodge debuff. I would have to agree this would add i think some more challenging game play instead of just being turtle tanks to distract people.

Anyway those are my little feelings on a few things let keep it coming folks :smiley:
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No longer Enjoy it

I certainly understand the frustration when there are guilds that sometimes switch factions, etc. But there is only one high pop campaign in PC NA - nowhere else to play. The other campaigns are pretty dead. And often those guilds are switching because they want to try to improve balance, for example if one faction seems weaker they often switch to the weaker one.

I do understand that argument and I'm sure there are people with the best intentions. Thing is, we all have our favorite alliance even if we don't want to admit it.

My experience with this type of play is that people will jump to a different alliance in an attempt to balance the map. But they will only go so far with it before jumping back.

Let them catch up...... but not too much.
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not enough interesting PvP at prime time. 3 useless campaigns, 2 pop locked, BWB was great but sick of training newbies. In prime time group Vivec I just feel like a rapid spammer coz I prefer stam DK.

Only fun thing is going around with a few friends or solo after midnight really. Nerf destro ulti already and hardened ward. Bring back tornado trains if ZOS want mindless zergalism, they give less lag.

I seen and played with some terrible Zerg Squad wannabes, its kinda sad that groups and guilds feel they have to copy whoever uses the most broken mechanics to succeed.

BGs are pretty fun at prime time but PvP tankiness really needs to be looked into.
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No longer Enjoy it
    Fun players to fight is what is missing from Cyrodiil :)
    Mostly large guild groups, zergs, and salty players who will come back with 30+ when they die.
    Also boring tanks.
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spending most of my time in Cyrodil till ...
    anyway, I came around, that I didn´t had no longer love for an endless loading screen(a slideshow or a commercial instead would be fun)
    roll backs (always awesome to find yourself back somewhere on the map outside Cyro, and you have to queue again for 40 minutes or longer)
    lagging (someone near dropps dead cauze he got hit by a shot triggered minutes ago)

and then the ppl I loved to run with started to go and then I was away too
    now doing some PVE, was always good there, and though I don´t like grinding or looting the same boss over and over, I am now running my chars so all get max skillpoints and after that we will see