Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Efficient, Centralized Writ Spot?

• reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lirkin wrote: »
    You never said what level so for lower level.

Vulkhel Guard all in a small area and if your lower level the turn in is just a short distance.

Check out my first post. With Clockwork City, we'll be able to turn in wherever, regardless of level. Hence the discussion: we finally get to move around.
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *smacks forehead*

Has anyone actually looked at the Brass Fortress on PTS for a turn-in location??
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I checked few days ago the important cities, and places i knew having potential for writcrafting. These are worth to check and see, if they are the best fit for you. If you still e.g. feed horses, then Rawl'kha may be the best for the daily run. Shornhelm is very good if not doing consumables. Vivec City is great if you have maxed characters but don't have Tythis bank NPC.
    1. Velyn Harbour. Clearly the fastest, but wayshrine far away, no guild vendors.
    2. Mournhold. Bank and stable far away.
    3. Vivec City. No stable, needs chapter.
    4. Rawl-Kha. Best allaround, nothing is missing.
    5. Riften. Stables, guild vendors far away, writ return close but lower level at pier.
    6. Shornhelm. Consumables table far away.
    7. Belkarth. But i just need to get out of Craglorn. Logout delay.
    Other cities have some significant weakness in writ run.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    I checked few days ago the important cities, and places i knew having potential for writcrafting. These are worth to check and see, if they are the best fit for you. If you still e.g. feed horses, then Rawl'kha may be the best for the daily run. Shornhelm is very good if not doing consumables. Vivec City is great if you have maxed characters but don't have Tythis bank NPC.
    1. Velyn Harbour. Clearly the fastest, but wayshrine far away, no guild vendors.
    5. Riften. Stables, guild vendors far away, writ return close but lower level at pier.

I'm just going to add to Stormhold, less crowded, probably less load screen, since everyone seems to over look it.
    Edited by driosketch on September 26, 2017 9:35PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not in game right now so maybe I'm remembering wrong, but isn't there a stablemaster in Vivec City are just beyond the wayshrine, right before you get to the caravan tower?
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

Not in game right now so maybe I'm remembering wrong, but isn't there a stablemaster in Vivec City are just beyond the wayshrine, right before you get to the caravan tower?
    The ones with the guars, I have two characters parked there now.
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    I'm just going to add to Stormhold, less crowded, probably less load screen, since everyone seems to over look it.

The tables are great there, for sure. However, the turn-in for writs is way too far away, north of the wayshrine. Stormhold is definitely out for me.

• driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    reoskit wrote: »
    driosketch wrote: »

The tables are great there, for sure. However, the turn-in for writs is way too far away, north of the wayshrine. Stormhold is definitely out for me.

Not that far, certainly not when you factor in how far apart writ boards are in Rawl'kha, Shornhelm or Belkarth. You have to imagine, wayshine/bank to writ boards to crafting stations (If needed) to the drop off.

P.S. Are you cutting through the river, or taking the bridge?
    Edited by driosketch on September 27, 2017 12:21AM
  • Indigo_Shade
    Indigo_Shade
    ✭✭✭
    Another nod to Shornhelm.

After much trial and error I chose to park ALL my toons in Shornhelm. Mules that need to train horse are parked by the stable, and my play toons who also do writs all stand by the bank, which is right next to gear crafting stations (no door). Equipment writ board is right outside the gear crafting building.

I have the bank assistant and only use the bank for the guild trader. Then, a quick run down the road is the inn with a cooking fire and chef, and further down that lane is the dye station, consumables writ board, Alchemy station, and Enchanter station.

I am not sure sure where the writ turn in boxes are, cause I haven't done that tier in ages. But it will certainly be great to not HAVE to go to Craglon (usually do a couple farming rounds for nirncrux while I am there).

And the guild traders out just outside the town, through a huge open door across the way from the Inn.

The Way Shrine is up a tiny hill, by the bank and gear crafting stations / stable.

I keep thinking I should set up at least regular crafting stations in my house, because Shornhelp is busy. Not as busy as some other spots, but busy enough. But I'd miss the convince of having EVERYTHING within a stones throw away of each other.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another nod to Shornhelm.

I am not sure sure where the writ turn in boxes are, cause I haven't done that tier in ages. But it will certainly be great to not HAVE to go to Craglon (usually do a couple farming rounds for nirncrux while I am there).

They're literally right next to the stable, through the big wall gate. And if you haven't done the quests there you can say hi to Darien on the way by. :)
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • agn231
    agn231
    ✭✭✭
    I want to say Vivec City but my system (Xbox NA) crashes at least once every time I enter Vivec so I've been avoiding it.

I usually fast travel to or park my crafter in Craglorn, I'll probably stay there if only to check a few nodes near Belkarth and pick up an occasional piece of nirncrux.
  • agn231
    agn231
    ✭✭✭
    This is a nice change but I will continue to ask for writ boards for my home!
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agn231 wrote: »

And a turn-in site. Some of my characters just want to be shutins. Jeeez. I'm not asking too much, am I?

(If I was still at that stage, I'd like a stablemaster, too.)
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://esomap.uesp.net/?centeron=Vivec+City&world=Vvardenfell
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Drel_Trandel
    Who is Drel Trandel? It's right there next to the Wayshrine and traders.

The only thing is yes - need to buy that chapter. Other than that it has everything close and with no doors. Btw, check out Stormhold

And of course people who don't mind loading screens and doors, can always put everything right next to each other using housing.
    Edited by Artis on September 27, 2017 8:59PM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I'm not that interested in riding training since my characters are fully maxed out, except a few of the new ones who don't do writs yet; and those only have endurance left to train so they'll finish in a couple of months and are parked in the first alliance town for now.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    agn231 wrote: »

me too though right now i can see i will be relocating the main cluster of my "homeless" characters to rawlkha, likely back into Sleek Creek.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• doslekis
    doslekis
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a writ drop location in woodhearth, or anywhere else in greensgade? All my crafting stations are in my bouldertree refuge home, and id love to ride from there to a drop off.
    I don't normally use daggers, but when I do, I choose dos Lekis.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    doslekis wrote: »
    Is there a writ drop location in woodhearth, or anywhere else in greensgade? All my crafting stations are in my bouldertree refuge home, and id love to ride from there to a drop off.

It's in Marbruk, at the north gate, opposite the side with the wayshrine.
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gardner house wayrest
    Xbox One Na
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rawl'kha has everything close together. Wayshrine, bank, crafting stations, turn in point, a house, and a very accessible outlaws refuge (if you like to speak daily to Remains-silent for the random furniture) and a stable.
    edit: vvardenfell is also neat, but expansion
    Edited by lientier on September 29, 2017 12:03PM
    PC-EU @lientier
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I ran the distance from Stormhold's consumable writ board to the drop off. Using a straight shot instead of following the path, the distance is virtually the same as Rawl'kah's. Rawl's bank is closer to the wayshine, but Stormhold has a better clustering.

However, if you just want to pop in somewhere, grab writs and turn them in, where you don't have craft every single time or craft elsewhere, Mournhold is probably best. For both master and regular writs.
  • SFDB
    SFDB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My plan is that, since I'll be dealing with load screens anyway going from character to character, I'll instead go with minimum amount of time my direct interaction is required, I'll watch a video (with always on top) during the whole thing. So my approach will be:
    Mournhold for pickup
    Go home to craft (my station is right by the door, as is the banker)
    Fast travel to Stormhold for delivery (and riding if needed)

Only fly in the ointment is that I might not have a guildie in Shadowfen to leap to, so I might have to go back to Deshaan, but I stand by my "watch TV while doing writs" plan.
  • TheeDopestDope
    TheeDopestDope
    ✭✭✭
    reoskit wrote: »
    With the Clockwork City news that we will be able to turn in writs anywhere, I’m trying to find the most centralized spot that has the following:
    • Both writ boards
    • A writ turn in site
    • Either of the following:
    • - all of the crafting tables (preferably outside)
    • - a purchasable home - at which we can place our own crafting tables
    I want to be able to log my crafting toons and do the least amount of leg work to finish all their writs for the day.

I thought I had it sorted with the Gardner House, but the writ boards are on the other side of town. Belkarth/Rawl may be the answer, but they're already some of the busiest towns in PCNA; I'm looking for other options.

Anyone have a one-stop-shop idea?

Vivec City? Boards are practically next to each other, you have every craft station right there, plus outside bank access. And the turn in site, I believe is right there too, on the docks. Easy Breezy. Plus theres the apartment in the city and a medium house just outside the city if you would ever need them. Plus guild traders are nearby as well, but the bank is closer lol.

@TheeDopestDope PC-NA

DPS/OFFTANK - Stam DK - ~Master Crafter~
    DPS - Stam Blade - ~PvP build~
    DPS - Stam Sorc - ~vMA build~
    HEALZ - Templar - Lowbiee

``Ebonheart Pact forever``

~~Guild Leader of TheeDopestGuild~~
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/374102/theedopestguild-newly-founded-guild-pc-na-trading-pve-social#latest

• BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For my purposes, Vivec City will be the most efficient and fastest location for writs, without question.

All stations and boards located outside, bank access in the middle and the turn-in is nearby on the docks. Also, outlaw refuge access is right there for my 5 chars to get their daily secret supplier freebies from Remains-Silent.

Since HotR enabled all of the lowest level writ turn-ins at Vivec City, I've been running them there with my chars that run those writs daily. With pre-made alchemy and provisioning items, I can do a writ run in about 2 minutes. Even if you don't pre-make the alch and provisioning writs, the stations are literally just a few steps from the writ board.

The only thing that could change this for me would be if Clockwork City's setup is better, but I haven't been on PTS to check this out yet.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Vulkhel Guard all in a small area and if your lower level the turn in is just a short distance.
    Vulkhel Guard require plenty of riding between bank, stable, crafting stations, and writ delivery.

Rawl,kwa has all stations outdoor, stable, bank and writ delivery is close too,
    Only distance worth riding is from provision or enchanting to writ delivery.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like RIften. Other than alchemy table, it's all right there, including bank and Thieves Guild. And jump to Mournhold to turn in.
    Edited by Reivax on October 5, 2017 5:05PM
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

Vulkhel Guard require plenty of riding between bank, stable, crafting stations, and writ delivery.

Rawl,kwa has all stations outdoor, stable, bank and writ delivery is close too,
    Only distance worth riding is from provision or enchanting to writ delivery.

Vvarden has everything right next to each other.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gardner house wayrest

Yes, it's close to the writ turn-in, but the writ boards in Wayrest are far apart from each other - far too much riding just to pick up the writs. Plus, I'm not sure if running back to Gardner House to do writs is better than just crafting at the stations in town, since they're pretty close to the writ boards that you have to ride to anyway. And, if you have to do provisioning, you can stop in the Fighter's Guild or Inn to cook. But, all in all, Wayrest doesn't seem ideal for writs, even if you use the house to craft in.

I would use Vivec City, but I'm on XB NA. As others have mentioned, crashing there is pretty much a given on XB! It wasn't as bad when MW launched, as I could ride around quite a bit and do things before it would eventually crash. Now, after HotR, I usually crash immediately upon arriving in the zone unless it's the first place I go to or am in with my first character I load. Once it crashes, I'm usually fine there for a bit on a restart.

So, for me, I'll stick with Mournhold, which is where I've been doing all my writs for all my characters before porting them wherever they needed to drop off. The bank isn't convenient, but I don't need to do horse training anymore, so it works pretty well for me. Plus the traders are right there and Rolis is just outside with the writ turn-in. I'll have to see how it goes, though, as while it's pretty populated now, it may get worse and I'll have to decide if I want to find a less populated place. I'd probably go with Stormhold, then, as I don't think it'd be too crowded. I don't mind Sentinel, and I've done writs there when I've needed to use the bank as I just port to the apartment there, but it's a little spread out, though not as bad as most of the other cities in DC.
  • uroburos
    uroburos
    Soul Shriven
    I usually craft in Eldenroot, but Belkarth has it all and is one of the smallest areas, so quick to run back and forth.

The only problem I have with all possible areas is that if I need to purchase a bit more of an ingredient, I need to swap zones to get the mail, so I will probably still use two writ turn-in areas or one crafting and one turn-in area (unless anyone has an addon to get the mail to deliver quickly without zoning -- reload UI does not work).

• Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Gardner house wayrest
    I would use Vivec City, but I'm on XB NA. As others have mentioned, crashing there is pretty much a given on XB! It wasn't as bad when MW launched, as I could ride around quite a bit and do things before it would eventually crash. Now, after HotR, I usually crash immediately upon arriving in the zone unless it's the first place I go to or am in with my first character I load. Once it crashes, I'm usually fine there for a bit on a restart.

Same for me. I really wish I could use Vivec. For a hard core trader, the open bank right beside the crafting stations is a given.

But as you said, unless I log in straight in Vivec, I crash. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

I will try Mournhould, but the loading screens there are brutal on Xbox/NA. I'm finding them worse than Craglorn to be honest. And the bank being inconvenient is really bad if you, like me, need to go back <> crafting stations all the time to restock trading guilds.

I'll likely stick with Rawl'kha waiting for them to fix Vivec. Loading screens are still not ideal, but I find the "U" shape of Consumable Writ Board close to Enchanting station then Armor/Weapon Board close to Blacksmithin / Clothing / Woodworking station then Horse Trainer and Wayshire is ideal.

The equipment stations are even in alphabetical order to allow just using the right D-Pad to remember the writs in order, hehe.