The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Which healer do you prefer in a 4 man vet group dungeons?

• Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Warden Bosmer Cutie, because they are cute.
    PC/EU
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer the healer that keeps everyone alive and kicking through the dungeon, i couldn't care less abut their race, class or gear selection.
    rolleyes.gif
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    @Lightspeedflashb14_ESO You are right. Still a good buff. I allways Sure to slot reflective light or purifying light.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @SirAndy 's hit the nail on the head.

Heals first. Buffs second. DPS last.

If those things get accomplished, the rest is irrelevant.

EDIT: Part of the problem with the meta is the assumption that there is only one way to effectively play a character, class, or role.
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on September 25, 2017 10:48AM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Kimba_Do
    Kimba_Do
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, healers! What a wonderful thing...

I play a Templar healer as my secondary toon, and typically I'll do 2-6% of the dps in heavy attacks to regen mana. If the party does not need a ton of healing, that goes up to say 10-12%.

However, I've seen my healer's dps at over 35% before; these are usually fail groups. Usually. Sometimes though, it means that the party does not require much healing, and I am free to unleash the holy fires.

Fry 'em all, let Jone and Jode sort them out.

(heads out to party with Baan Dar in the glorious moonlight - keep one paw on your purse...or it'll be MY purse)
    Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and good with catsup.
    You're all just a bunch of pixels. Turn off the power and you cease to exist.
    White Lions. Bringing the jungle fame for over 50 years.
  • WildWilbur
    WildWilbur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    If they keep me alive, I don't care what Class they are.

^This!
    "Call me a killjoy, but I think that because this is not to my taste, no one else should be able to enjoy it." Marge Simpson
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    I have doubts with anything other than a Templar healer. I suppose if player really wants to heal with something else....I’m still gonna be skeptical.

Really? Why?

Literally interested why people think this.

Not sure if it’s someone trying to skip a que Time from the start. Usually a Templar, you know they’re gonna heal. Though I have had some badddies.

Other than a warden, I’ve never been in a group with a non-Templar healer that was worth his chips. Maybe I’ve just had bad experiences?

Even the warden has been kind of an awkward healer. Knowing to run to the mushrooms or some blast tree popping up and blocking all sight.

I've healed every vet dungeon (except hotr ones as I simply haven't bothered doing them) with my sorc. Honestly, it's great. Twilight heals 2 people for 10k non crits, no matter where they are as long as they aren't LOSing.

Obviously use the resto skills and effecient purge instead of ritual. Lightning wall and liquid lightning for a lot of off balance up time. I have negate as a back bar ult which is really nice in some trash fights or even for some intense healing if needed. Can use encase if needed too. Undaunted bubbles aren't quite shards, but they do the job.

That pet can be useful too. It gets agro a lot. Some boss fights, if we're running without a tank, will hold aggro the entire fight. Shielding it is cheap (and gives group minor magica recovery) and one heal puts it back to full.

A templar is better, yeh. But don't write off other classes.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as they apply Ele Drain, toss some orbs now and then, and are competent at mechanics, IDGAF what class they are.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    healer in 4men dungeon... ? :confused:
    Artemis Absinthe - DC magicka nightblade (PC - EU)
    Gruzosh Barrelsmasher - DC stamina sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Kew'bacca - AD stamina nightblade (PC - EU)
    Jebediah Orbrynn - DC magicka templar (PC - EU)
    Hold-Many-Bags - Mule DK, Promoted to main tank, occasionally stamDD
    Olaf Proudstache - Mule - No longer with us Now a Stamwarden healer
    Aglieglie Brazorf - AD magicka sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)
    Lemmy Raise Master - EP stamina necromancer (PC - EU)

Scions of Dawn recruitment ad - PC EU multifaction PvE endgame raiding guild

LUI user - I can see you when you fap loot.

#SpellswordArmy
    #MakeSpellswordsGreatAgain

In the Game of PuGs you win or you ragequit

"Dip dip potato chip, dip dip potato chip"
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just had a DK healer for CoA1 last night. Absolutely pitiful. It just fortifies stance that any non Templar healer is complete trash.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just had a DK healer for CoA1 last night. Absolutely pitiful. It just fortifies stance that any non Templar healer is complete trash.

No, it doesn't. For you perhaps, but 1 bad player does not equal that a class is trash at a role. DKs might be the weakest but just cause they are the weakest does not mean that anything that is not a Templar is trash. In many situations Sorcs and Wardens out perform Templars in 4 man dungeons.
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, it doesn't. For you perhaps, but 1 bad player does not equal that a class is trash at a role. DKs might be the weakest but just cause they are the weakest does not mean that anything that is not a Templar is trash. In many situations Sorcs and Wardens out perform Templars in 4 man dungeons.

my warden totally outpreforms a templar. even with the upcoming tree nerf it will.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TBT it was an easy dungeon that needed a healer for just a few key parts, but this “Healer” had no heals and was likely trying to skip a que. This is become commonplace for anything but a Templar or warden healer and sadly represents what can be expected.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TBT it was an easy dungeon that needed a healer for just a few key parts, but this “Healer” had no heals and was likely trying to skip a que. This is become commonplace for anything but a Templar or warden healer and sadly represents what can be expected.

You say that but the same can be said for tanks, Damage Dealers that queue up as whatever to gain quick queue says NOTHING about how well a class does in healing roles and it represents nothing other than that those people are A holes. Sorcs, NBs, Wardens and even Dragonknights do just fine in dungeons with even just a semi competent player.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Congrats on 2 really dumb posts. On my NB I have healed every vet dungeon, including DLC. It's so good for 4 man content. IF you know how to heal on a NB it makes for a much smoother run than when there is a templar healer. This is because a templar healer is reactive. NB healer is proactive. A combination of constant hots and high spell damage (high dmg means high heals), will make your groups HP be constantly in the 90-100% range. If one guy stands in red you can either cast a healing ward or just watch how his health rockets up to full again. Ult gen is really high with all the siphoning skills, and with the right sets you can support your group really well and do good dps on top of it. Not once did I feel the need for breath of life.

The only place where I would pick a templar over a NB is in trials. Stop disregarding playstyles because you encountered one noob. It says nothing about the class. It is unreal how dumb your comments are.
    Edited by Koensol on October 13, 2017 3:40PM
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great joke for ya!

A niteblade healer walks into a bar.

• DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great joke for ya!

I rather like the one where one walks into trials and together with a templar healer by their side, does absolutely fine.

I may be biased; been using that one a while now :)
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have just one demand: the healer should be our guildmember ;)
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Great joke for ya!

A Nightblade healer walks into vSO HM, never dies and solo heals most of it cause Templar healer keeps dying to mechanics.

That was my wife the first run I ever did with her, way before we got married or together. She did extremely well and performed better than the Templar Healer. The skill of the player means way more than their choice of class.

And @kylewwefan at this point you really should quite while you are, well not ahead but lets say not completely lost yet, cause the only thing you are doing with these comments is showing that you need to be babysit by a templar or you can't do anything.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Paul, I’ve fun trying to make oddball things work, but in the end is so much easier/better to go the Meta/generally accepted route. Quit trying to force the square into a triangle hole.

Can’t really say that certain roles can’t be filled by any class, but the likelihood that anyone can play at that level is slim and most often unfounded.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Paul, I’ve fun trying to make oddball things work, but in the end is so much easier/better to go the Meta/generally accepted route. Quit trying to force the square into a triangle hole.

Can’t really say that certain roles can’t be filled by any class, but the likelihood that anyone can play at that level is slim and most often unfounded.

Tell me why is a Templar easier to play? Cause BoL? I would take a Sorc healer over a Templar that does nothing but spam BoL, cause at least the Twilight would hit everyone equally, and their sustain would be better, and in a 4 man group they can add more DPS to the group than a Templar would.

Wardens, Nightblades and Sorcs are not oddball they do not require weird builds or group set ups to run with. Just change the skill bar to fit the class and good to go. Your lack of knowledge about how these healers work is depressing.

And a in Trials, a Warden Templar combo is amazing, the Warden brings a lot to the team, but OH NO, its an "oddball" set up. Guess we can't run that then.
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the tank to have crown. It's good to have him as an anchor.