The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Which healer do you prefer in a 4 man vet group dungeons?

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Edited by Tasear on September 21, 2017 1:06PM

Which healer do you prefer in a 4 man vet group dungeons? 117 votes

Sorrecer
3% 4 votes
Templar
47% 56 votes
Dragon Knight
1% 2 votes
Nightblade
5% 6 votes
Warden
3% 4 votes
I am not biased
38% 45 votes
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one that is played by guild leader. ;)
  • Bucky Balls
    Bucky Balls
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoy playing all classes as healers and don't mind which when not healing. Each have different strengths and a different quality of associated fun. Sorceror was my first non-templar healing class played although I find the fl'onkey[TM] (flying monkey) annoying particularly when in-town sorcs don't bother ditching them...

Still, I was sufficiently encouraged to explore nightblades and, more recently, dragonknights as healers. Much fun to be had, not least when encountering the 'not-a-templar' incredulity from others.

I do wonder if 4-person group healer role is becoming somewhat marginalised over time with self-heals/buffs in other classes, though.
    Edited by Bucky Balls on September 21, 2017 1:53PM
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cp200 stamblade healer for Vcoa2.

#UCanHazDeezVigorsFam!
  • Saint314Louis1985
    Saint314Louis1985
    ✭✭✭
    this isnt even going to be close
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use a sorc.

SPC, necro, vma staff. Keep rapid regen and springs up, keep lightning wall and liquid lightning up, matriarch for emergency heal, throw some bubbles, heavy lightning attack in between.
    Edited by Brrrofski on September 21, 2017 2:35PM
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A player who heals
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, I usually PUG so I go in expecting to get bad teammates and any outside healing is just a bonus. If I can find a group of people I know, we don't usually use a healer.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pugging = Templar (almost idiot proof if the guy behind the resto has half a clue), I've ran plenty of pugs with Warden healers, some good, many bad but Templar is just better all round in my opinion.

Regular group = Sorc healer/tank hybrid, then the other three guys run magsorcs, big shields to help out the healer/tank and big dps to melt through stuff quickly.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    havent run with a warden healer yet,id give them a shot
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they keep me alive, I don't care what Class they are.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one who provides buffs, debuffs, support and NOT trying to do damage if buffs, debuffs, support are not in place and everyone is safe and sound.
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never seem to get anything but a templar healer so i dont know how those others fair

(definitely not because i play one :smirk:)
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No option for 'One who actually heals.' That one :smiley:
    PS4 EU
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OH Templar, you don't need a solid healer for this content anymore.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • DjMuscleboy02
    DjMuscleboy02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A third dps
    Brodor - PC NA - ESO's only pure bodybuilding guild
    Hodor, but stronger
  • MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorc, hands down.
    As long as they keep the matriarch alive and a hot slotted, that's all you need for any vet pledge.
    Their dmg output is too good to be ignored, and you don't really miss the buffs from a templar
  • Ozstryker
    Ozstryker
    ✭✭✭✭
    The ones who uses combat prayer, throws orbs, and I really like the ones that use ele drain....
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One with SPC that buffs and debuffs.
    I personally could care less which class they play.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I run group content I almost always am healing. Mostly on templar. Have done a couple of runs on my sorc and am experimenting with a dk.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have doubts with anything other than a Templar healer. I suppose if player really wants to heal with something else....I’m still gonna be skeptical.
  • Eyesinthedrk
    Eyesinthedrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm willing to try anything, with anyone. That said, I've never had a good experience in vet DLC dungeon with a warden healer, or a warden tank for that matter.

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    I have doubts with anything other than a Templar healer. I suppose if player really wants to heal with something else....I’m still gonna be skeptical.

Really? Why?

Literally interested why people think this.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    kylewwefan wrote: »

Really? Why?

Literally interested why people think this.

Not sure if it’s someone trying to skip a que Time from the start. Usually a Templar, you know they’re gonna heal. Though I have had some badddies.

Other than a warden, I’ve never been in a group with a non-Templar healer that was worth his chips. Maybe I’ve just had bad experiences?

Even the warden has been kind of an awkward healer. Knowing to run to the mushrooms or some blast tree popping up and blocking all sight.
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    Depending on group set up. In a magicka group I'd say a Templar is best simply because the 10% extra spell power unless u already run a Templar tank or dd. In a stam heavy group maybe a nb healer because of the extra crit instead. This is in a four man group with warhorne.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's no need for a healer in a dungeons...
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Templar healers are nice but in 4 man I prefer Wardens, they have a lot to offer and I love their HoTs. Though I am not really picky and will take any sufficiently skilled healer with me.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »

And there is no need for a tank and some people can solo dungeons, we know, we have heard it oh so many times before.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »

And there is no need for a tank and some people can solo dungeons, we know, we have heard it oh so many times before.

I'm not saying it's a good thing. Actually, it's pretty bad that DLC dungeons can be easily done as 1 tank and 3 DDs. :(

We have a great sorc healer in our guild, and when HotR dungeons came out and we saw that it's much easier to go there as 3 DDs and just burst down everything before it will kill you, our sorc healer swapped to pure dps especially for these dungeons... :(
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jawasa wrote: »
    Depending on group set up. In a magicka group I'd say a Templar is best simply because the 10% extra spell power unless u already run a Templar tank or dd. In a stam heavy group maybe a nb healer because of the extra crit instead. This is in a four man group with warhorne.

While Illuminate is great, it is only 5% and you have to use a Dawn's wraith ablity, a lot of temps do not use one, I have played with plenty that dont.
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The one that heals when it's required.

Also DDs that don't stand in red.

Also tanks who at least have a taunt slotted.

Everything else is irrelevant. Do the absolute minimum for the job that you signed up for is enough, but you still need to do it.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.