The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PvE Magicka Sorc Rotation (Asylum)

• WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Saint314Louis1985

Haven't tried it in a while, since I don't have a perfect asylum staff on live and the non-perfect is terrible. Last time I was on PTS it was working great.

Yes I swap cancel everything except unstable wall. You need to let unstable wall tick once before swapping bars or the VMA bonus damage to light and heavy attacks is lost (a new "feature" with this update).

If you want to try a rotation with a non-perfect I would recommend:

Liquid lightning, 3X force pulse, elemental blockade, 3X force pulse, repeat.

This will keep 100% uptime on the asylum effects, but will be tough to sustain with no heavy attacks. It will probably require 7 pieces light armor, and maybe a cost reduction glyph or the seducer or lich sets. It would also be painfully simple, and not even require a bar swap.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @WrathOfInnos some good math there. Seems like bug that necro and food buffs are not given the extra 20% from cp, in this thread, https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/362944/ancients-grace-examination-and-suggested-fix/p1, @dpencil1 is this reflected in your calculations?
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @WrathOfInnos some good math there. Seems like bug that necro and food buffs are not given the extra 20% from cp, in this thread, https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/362944/ancients-grace-examination-and-suggested-fix/p1, @dpencil1 is this reflected in your calculations?

@Lightspeedflashb14_ESO Maybe it is a bug, hard to say. It has been around for some time (maybe since the introduction of CP). @Asayre points it out in the max magicka section of his arithmagic guide. It sure seems like the Mundus stones would be more balanced if the CP multiplier applied to them.
  • Saint314Louis1985
    Saint314Louis1985
    ✭✭✭
    @Saint314Louis1985

Haven't tried it in a while, since I don't have a perfect asylum staff on live and the non-perfect is terrible. Last time I was on PTS it was working great.

Yes I swap cancel everything except unstable wall. You need to let unstable wall tick once before swapping bars or the VMA bonus damage to light and heavy attacks is lost (a new "feature" with this update).

If you want to try a rotation with a non-perfect I would recommend:

Liquid lightning, 3X force pulse, elemental blockade, 3X force pulse, repeat.

This will keep 100% uptime on the asylum effects, but will be tough to sustain with no heavy attacks. It will probably require 7 pieces light armor, and maybe a cost reduction glyph or the seducer or lich sets. It would also be painfully simple, and not even require a bar swap.

i was actually lucky enough to get a perfect inferno from weekly reward.

going to give your previous rotation a shot tonight. thank you
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Make sure you do 1 FP before going into that rotation, so that the first one in the rotation procs the asylum effect. Otherwise the timing will be off, and all of the non-bold will get the effect (they are not 4s apart). The rotation is not forgiving to mistakes.

Edit: @Saint314Louis1985 I just realized you said inferno. The timing in my rotation is built around a lightning heavy attack that is slower than the inferno heavy. I think it should still work out, but you'll need to be careful to not recast haunting curse until the 2nd explosion goes off. I think the 12s rotation could be done in about 11.5 with the inferno, and clipping that curse damage would be a big DPS loss.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on November 15, 2017 9:10PM
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    I don't think the food buff was ever supposed to get a bump from the CP bonus. If Necro is not getting buffed by it, that indeed is a bug, as all other max magicka sources on armor do get buffed by it. I wasn't aware of this not effecting Necro, so that would not be present in the Ancient's Grace calculations (though it doesn't meaningfully alter the results of that thread).
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @dpencil1 Any testing this PTS? I'm curious to see any insights from the folks who were testing Mag Sorcs over the last few patches.
    Edited by Moloch1514 on January 12, 2018 7:07PM
    PC-NA
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda hard to test anything on pts this patch.
    • training dummies do not work like boss enemies
    • no one knows if off-balance is working as intended since zos does not say anything (refreshes every woe tick)
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    Kinda hard to test anything on pts this patch.
    • training dummies do not work like boss enemies
    • no one knows if off-balance is working as intended since zos does not say anything (refreshes every woe tick)

Ah, good point.
    PC-NA
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, Combat Metrics is also not working on the PTS, so that's also hampering things a bit.

I played around with the Zaan monster set a little. It seems to do good damage, but the facts that it is short range, single-target, and has a long cool down hurt the set.

The changes to Off Balance will likely reduce dps for everyone on boss fights, while making resource sustain in non-boss situations much easier. Overall, the concept seems to be to encourage groups to coordinate heavy attacks on Off Balance moments and to do light attack rotations outside of those windows, which would make battles more dynamic (since you wouldn't necessarily just cycle mindlessly through your rotation). We'll have to see if this actually ends up being how people play and what effect it has on group/solo performance.
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the insight so far! Hopefully those PTS issues get resolved before we lose our characters!
    PC-NA
  • Yoltab1379
    Yoltab1379
    ✭✭
    Moloch1514 wrote: »
    @dpencil1 Any testing this PTS? I'm curious to see any insights from the folks who were testing Mag Sorcs over the last few patches.

Off balance will be re-worked once again in the coming few patches. For now the numbers are extremely nice

743fg19699pu.png
  • VilniusNastavnik
    VilniusNastavnik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm.. might give this a go on my magsorc because the rotation is simplified even more so than Alcasts.. Might help me fight the boss that NA players don't have to fight.. Australian Ping.
    Active Toons:
    NA - VilniusNastavnik - Magsorc DPS - Altmer
    NA - Ko'h Nehko'h - Stamblade Archer - Khajit
    NA - Arwyn Winterlight - MagPlar Healer - Breton
    NA - Urog Blackfang - DK Tank - Orc
    NA - Elen Windsong - Stamsorc DPS - Bosmer
    NA - Eats-Strange-Fungus - Magden HealzTank- Argonian
    NA - Harwyn Northwind - MagWarden DPS - High Elf
    NA - Raises-Many-Families - Necro HealzTank - Argonian

Picture of my Active Toons.

Obligatory ESO Fashion website plug: Vil's Portfolio
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yoltab1379 wrote: »
    Moloch1514 wrote: »

Off balance will be re-worked once again in the coming few patches. For now the numbers are extremely nice

743fg19699pu.png

Oh Zaan
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds