Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.1.0 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Update 16 - Feedback Thread for Clockwork City

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the Clockwork City. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Were you able to easily find quests and things to do?
  • Was the story clear as you progressed?
  • What was your favorite and least favorite parts of the new content?
  • Did you enjoy the unique look of this new zone?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So apparently (3rd party info) there's an actual, physical entrance to Seht's Vault in a cave behind a waterfall near Mournhold. That's.... not very metaphysical..... or secret.......

Maybe stick a portal in that cave instead of a door or something.
    Edited by Enodoc on September 18, 2017 7:39PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't get in. Says after character select, unable to connect to the server, check your internet, pc na works so my internet works fine
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
    Options
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunno where to put it, but whatever u did to performance: Great job!

Connection to NA isnt great from EU, i stilll get the 250ish ping, but i never had 100 fps in mourhold before on eu and i spawned right into a ton of template toons. quicktravel feels superfast.

Well done! :)
    Options
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really cool. One thing, the books on stone are hard to read, far to much reflection
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
    Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, I give up ... how do you get to Clockwork City? There's no indication in the game of how you're supposed to get there, and no wayshrine. I can't even find a quest giver or anything.
    *Edit* Never mind. I found it in the patch notes. Please make it more apparent in the game, so people aren't dependant on reading the patch notes to find out. In a year, people will still be buying the DLC, but won't be able to find these patch notes to read them.
    Edited by SydneyGrey on September 18, 2017 11:07PM
    Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't get in. Says after character select, unable to connect to the server, check your internet, pc na works so my internet works fine
    I had that exact same issue. Try restarting your computer completely. That's the only thing that worked for me.
    Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just started the quest-line (I think ... if it's the right one), and there was an issue with Bonafryd at the very start. A lot of the time, her mouth wasn't moving when she was supposed to be speaking.
    I love that voice actress, though, and the shadow assassin animation was wonderful.

Edited by SydneyGrey on September 18, 2017 11:37PM
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just one thing after the first glance: Boy this is BEAUTIFUL! The Art Team members outdid themselves. Stunning!
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The quest giver to start this quest chain needs to be present in more places. At the moment she only appears to be in a couple of Banks (and no Mages Guilds). If she's going to be in the Bank, she needs to be in more Banks (one per zone); if she's going to be in the Mages Guild, she needs to be in at least one Mages Guild in every zone.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Options
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Was the story clear as you progressed? Divayth Fyr's Dialogue on "To the Clockwork City" in the mournhold temple didn't match the text. Mostly, I was struck by how much of his dialogue didn't make much sense if you didn't do the prologue quest (that awards the clockwork obscuros). I have done the Prologue quest on a previous PTS but not on the character accepting and doing the quest "To the Clockwork City". I know that people want to head directly to CWC but maybe direct people to the prologue quest somehow if they haven't done it. The phrase that stuck out the most was Fyr saying "slaughter scores of mages" which felt really out of place since my character hadn't done the prologue where the death of the mages happens and the mystery is investigated. The shadow bit might be a tad confusing as well without the prologue which explains a bunch of mages were killed by their own shadows...
    • Do you have any other general feedback? The sounds of the entering/leaving the oil ponds is really great! I loved the event that plays out when you get to the gates of the Brass Fortress:P

Only just started the zone:)
    Options
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I reported it last night, that first bit where you talk to Fyr, the audio is not the same as the written word. But also, whatever that fire spell is that he does early on, I'm going to need to be able to do that haha. Lastly, I adore the new trunks.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
    Options
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cannot wait to dive into this content!

tenor.gif
    Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
    Options
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love the outside of Clock work city :smile:

685988Screenshot20170919193205.png
    268706Screenshot20170919193141.png
    280962Screenshot20170919192841.png
    140532Screenshot20170919192940.png

Good luck guys to fix all the way to get out ot the map from the city xD
    Options
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    btw

Can we please be able to see the Clockwork city warshrine ( i mean the warshrine in the town ) on the map ? currently we can only see the warshrine by clicking on the town :/
    338546BethesdaTwitchGoogleChrome.jpg

and can you change the icon of the " transmutation station " ? currently this look like this is a altar :/

190403BethesdaTwitchGoogle.jpg
    Options
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finished the main CWC quest last night and I loved it! I do have one suggestion though:
    The cultists are all "Whispering" somethings and this would indicate to me that they are Mephala's (the Whisperer) cultists and not Nocturnal's. Seeing as how these cultists appear in Evergloam, I am guessing they are supposed to be Nocturnal's cultists and not on loan from Mephala! Please consider re-naming them to something more associated with Nocturnal such as, Unfathomable, Murky, Mysterious or Suspicious.
    Options
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »
    btw

Can we please be able to see the Clockwork city warshrine ( i mean the warshrine in the town ) on the map ? currently we can only see the warshrine by clicking on the town :/
    338546BethesdaTwitchGoogleChrome.jpg

and can you change the icon of the " transmutation station " ? currently this look like this is a altar :/

190403BethesdaTwitchGoogle.jpg

Jeah bothered me aswell to port into the City and then find the Transmutation Table
    every other major city has the wayshirne on the map, except CWC stay constistent with them ;)
    Edited by SaintSubwayy on September 20, 2017 12:08PM
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

Options
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    • Was the story clear as you progressed? Divayth Fyr's Dialogue on "To the Clockwork City" in the mournhold temple didn't match the text. Mostly, I was struck by how much of his dialogue didn't make much sense if you didn't do the prologue quest (that awards the clockwork obscuros). I have done the Prologue quest on a previous PTS but not on the character accepting and doing the quest "To the Clockwork City". I know that people want to head directly to CWC but maybe direct people to the prologue quest somehow if they haven't done it. The phrase that stuck out the most was Fyr saying "slaughter scores of mages" which felt really out of place since my character hadn't done the prologue where the death of the mages happens and the mystery is investigated. The shadow bit might be a tad confusing as well without the prologue which explains a bunch of mages were killed by their own shadows...
    • Do you have any other general feedback? The sounds of the entering/leaving the oil ponds is really great! I loved the event that plays out when you get to the gates of the Brass Fortress:P

Only just started the zone:)

Is there any way to still do this prologue quest on the current PTS?
    Options
  • Trainwiz
    Trainwiz
    ✭✭
    Were you able to easily find quests and things to do?
    The only thing I had trouble with was the Sponsorship quest. The end of To The Clockwork City kind of directs you to enter the Brass Fortress immediately, so I explored the city before realizing that the actual quest started outside of it.

Was the story clear as you progressed?
    Yes. Only thing I'm a little unclear on is how all the vanilla scholars (Neramo, Kireth, etc), got to the CWC. Don't remember if it was stated.

What was your favorite and least favorite parts of the new content?
    Evergloam. After coming from the unique feeling of the CWC the look was generally lackluster.
    My favorite parts had to be the toy mouse section, which was a blast, and talking with Sotha Sil proper. Some of the best dialogue I've seen in ESO, or TES in general. Really nailed the feeling of his character.

Did you enjoy the unique look of this new zone?
    Bro. Brah. Broski. I loved it. But I'm biased.

Do you have any other general feedback?
    I feel like the reward for choosing power over Robotmom was kind of pointless. It's a reskinned aetherial ambrosia pot, which can be useless for max level characters and not really helpful except for those leveling. After another Mages Guild style choice, I would have thought that it'd be two skillpoints, or something similar.
    The writing on the Sotha-punchcards is really hard to read. Maybe make the actual text brighter in some way, because right now the readability is super poor.
    During the final fight with the Shadow, if you kill it too fast the game sort of lags around, and it was about a minute before I could interact with things. As this is the final boss of a major questline, maybe give him more around 300k health (he only had 127k), and make him last a bit longer. As it stands I pretty much shredded him like he was a pansy and I was a lawnmower.
    Options
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did you enjoy the unique look of the zone.

WOW, just wow. Your work on morrowind was good but this *mindexploding gif*

I unfortunately haven't had much time to pay it yet. I had just a bit of time, made a template character, set them up then ran through the intro into the zone before I ran out of time for the day. I am certainly interested in play it more.
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elloa wrote: »
    @Elloa Yes. Go to any Mages Guild and find the Order of the Eye Dispatch. The quest is called Of Knives and Long Shadows.
    Options
  • Melilotta
    Melilotta
    ✭✭✭
    I only just began the CWC, being a bit too buzy with RL things, but I already have to say the views in the prologue are stunning! All the clockwork really took my breath away. Great job!
    Options
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a little nitpick as I still try to process all the amazing things in the main quest:

Nerevar's "hologram" at the memorial wears Ayleid (Ancient Elf) armor, when there is no reason why he should, and when there are now a plethora of different Dunmer styles in the game that you could chose for him. As the Ordinator helmet was fashioned after his likeness, that might be a good place to start. That mohawk is not just for fun, that's what he looked like.

edit: btw, would've been cool if Ayem had gotten a visual overhaul as well, as this will probably the last we see of the Tribunal for the time being.
    Edited by Faulgor on September 20, 2017 7:58PM
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    Options
  • zassasaurus
    zassasaurus
    ✭✭✭
    Overall this zone is amazing, really unique and interesting I am really enjoying it. The two new motifs that drop in zone are also sooooo cool! Art team really did amazingly well. I haven't completed all the quests yet but I am liking them so far. The first quest did seem a little random and out of the blue, I read above that apparently there's a prologue quest? I didn't even know about that so doing that beforehand would have probably helped, maybe make the prologue quest easier to find? Once I got to the brass fortress I kind of lost the main quest, did some random side quest then found it again, not sure how I missed it originally!

I do have one request can you make the world bosses a bit harder? I beat them really easily with just two other people and I was on a template character with just random skills slotted, so it's not like I was doing high dps. I know they will never be super hard but would be nice if you needed at least like 5 people or something to beat them.
    Edited by zassasaurus on September 20, 2017 8:46PM
    Options
  • Trainwiz
    Trainwiz
    ✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Just a little nitpick as I still try to process all the amazing things in the main quest:

Nerevar's "hologram" at the memorial wears Ayleid (Ancient Elf) armor, when there is no reason why he should, and when there are now a plethora of different Dunmer styles in the game that you could chose for him. As the Ordinator helmet was fashioned after his likeness, that might be a good place to start. That mohawk is not just for fun, that's what he looked like.

edit: btw, would've been cool if Ayem had gotten a visual overhaul as well, as this will probably the last we see of the Tribunal for the time being.

Think that's based off what the Chimer in Stonefalls wore.

But, more to the point he doesn't have Trueflame with him. Which is odd because Trueflame has existed since launch as a fishing item.
    Options
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    Did you enjoy the unique look of the zone.

WOW, just wow. Your work on morrowind was good but this *mindexploding gif*

I unfortunately haven't had much time to pay it yet. I had just a bit of time, made a template character, set them up then ran through the intro into the zone before I ran out of time for the day. I am certainly interested in play it more.

very impressive. i expected cwc to be one of my favorite zones and i'm not disappointed.

so much to do and i already missed the prologue quest, ofc (i just wanted to GET there!) :)

Options
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Elloa wrote: »
    @Elloa Yes. Go to any Mages Guild and find the Order of the Eye Dispatch. The quest is called Of Knives and Long Shadows.

thank you so much for your answer!
    Options
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Performance improvements are certainly my favourite part!
    Everything else also seems awesome, but seeing actual fps improvement is very impressive. I'm really looking forward to this patch.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
    Options
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm Missing the Maw Of Lorkhaj Trialsets, pls add them to the Templates.

PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

Options
  • bleissa
    bleissa
    ✭✭
    Doing daily quest, "Enchanted Accumulation" After obtaining 2/6 Runestones (as directed in quest), the map quest locator (circle) disappeared.
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    • Good job making the place look barren and desolate. I didn't even realize there WERE cloth and wood nodes at first!
    • Had plenty to do starting out.
    • It was a bit odd being told to go to the Brass Fortress and then being told I wasn't allowed in yet; if I hadn't been paying attention I would have missed it.
    • Dailies that require node looting are going to be a pain point when this launches with everyone fighting over the nodes.
    • Maybe it's just because I was on one of my max CP characters, but I felt like I was mowing through EVERYTHING, including the bosses.
    • Second what others have said about the metal card books: between the all caps, the faint letters, and the wear on the cards looking like bits of punctuation they're very hard to read.
    • Where are the Hulking Fabricants??? I was excited to see the Verminous Fabricants and I kept hoping the Hulking variety would show up later in the story but I never saw them. :( Likewise those giant Dwemer drill things that were in the early trailers.
    • I second @HeroOfNone 's thread...when all the emphasis is placed on how non-gruel food is so hard to come by, there really shouldn't be random provisioning ingredients in every crate and barrel in the zone.
    • On that note, the food processor things that give you the [Flavorless Paste] item are a really nice touch!
    • When I heard the opening quest dialog for Sotha Sil's memory dungeon I really felt like I'd stepped into the Craglorn questline by mistake. I'm the local star obsessed loony though, so I might be the only one with that problem. :p
    • For the end of the farm dungeon quest I really wanted to bang the NPCs skulls together.
      Why is this even a question? You KNOW you can drain a non-lethal amount of lifeforce – the relevant note even suggests it regenerates! – so why is the choice between food paste and death? Ask for the energy equivalent of a blood donation – give a voucher for some apples when the harvest comes in to whoever donates. The way people go on about it, you'd have volunteers lined up clear across the Radius back to the Brass Fortress! You get your fake sunlight, and no murder necessary. *headdesk*
    • I liked that some of the side quests take you to mainland Tamriel, and DON'T specifically take you to each Alliance in turn. Feels more organic and natural that way. :)
    Story related stuff in here:
    • The appearance and defection of the Blackfeather Court was an unexpected twist as well as entertaining! :D
    • Final battle was fun from a story perspective - everything goes dark and then flash! Divayth Fyr shows up!
    • Hurray for Summerset coming up! :smiley: Crystal-Like-Law here we come!
    • Interesting to note that Sotha Sil not only saw Almalexia coming but saw her coming this far in advance.
    Given her dialog in Elder Scrolls III:
    "He spoke not a word as he died. Not a whisper. Even in death, he mocked me with his silence!"

...and the fact that his corpse was hooked into the city when we find it...

...and the fact that we see MULTIPLE instances of people getting their souls placed into machines...

...are you lot setting him up for an appearance in a future Elder Scrolls game? Don't answer that. :p
    • I don't recall the Skaafin in the sewers being specifically explained??? I know Vile was helping with some aspects of the invasion, but the only thing I remember that being important for was their presence protecting Gascone, which was no where near there.
    Trainwiz wrote: »
    Was the story clear as you progressed?
    Yes. Only thing I'm a little unclear on is how all the vanilla scholars (Neramo, Kireth, etc), got to the CWC. Don't remember if it was stated.

Neramo tells you when you're looking for sponsorship where he found the entrance and describes the same spot you used to enter. He asks "can you imagine?" and you respond that yes, you can imagine. :) IIRC Kireth and Raynor came in the same way. Also, later either Neramo or Raynor (forget which) tells you Divayth Fyr offered to teleport them out when this was over, so they're good to go for cameos in the other DLCs, existing and future.
    Options