The other day I was harvesting mats from my month's worth of survey's, and started in Alik'r Desert for no reason other than it's first alphabetically. After grabbing my 15th wormwood I look up and ran right into David Letterman. I honestly thought he was still in India working on solving climate change, but here he was, farming dolmens just like everyone else in Alik'r. Since he's a close family friend, I walked up and asked him, "Dave, why are you farming dolmens? Is this how you want to spend your in-game time?".
Dave gives me a knowing smile, puts his hand on my shoulder as he always did when I was growing up, and said, "Ray, lemme give you my personal Top 10 list of reasons why I farm Alik'r dolmens."
10. Most intellectually stimulating zone chat
9. Hoping to soon figure out what is making those damn horses so restless
8. Love socializing with my closest friends while doing end-level content
7. Leveling in the public dungeons is way too hard
6. I can't find anyone in Craglorn who will carry me through Skyreach.
5. I left my horse in Aswala stables
4. It’s the most effective way to level mage's guild
3. All the Sentinel guild traders are the best
2. Everyone knows the best gear is in Alik'r
and the #1 reason to farm dolmens in Alik'r is:
1. Came to practice my skill rotations
So there you have it, if you ever wanted to know why people farm dolmens in Alik'r, Dave has the answer. Thanks Dave, and give my best to Paul!