The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Battlegrounds need rare rewards

Lifecode666
Lifecode666
✭✭✭
Hello.
Remember the days when willpower arcane ring went for 500 000 gold+

Battlegrounds need something that makes it worthwhile besides casual small scale pvp.

A token system like keys in imperial city/sewers.

something that is hard to get and make people play and grind like crazy:-)

Up the hornz
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many of the sets are pretty sought after, making them BOP would tick your box just unsure the community would be happy about that!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some sets are wanted but there's so many already in the market to the point of deflation. They need to add something good for actually being in the top 100 & even better for being top 10.
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good traited weapons. That's the BG's "rare" rewards.

Only top 100 and then seems like only a 30% of getting a weapon at all.

Don't get me wrong, would love to see apothecary satchels or something, but as it currently stands rare rewards do exist.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Divines forbid we ever have people play content for the enjoyment of playing the content. :disappointed:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be sweet @Turelus and its something I do, however people like to chase that meta like Pokémon and get that 0.1% to enable them to farm / grind the next Meta content faster :)

So sadly the OP is kinda right, people need a carrot right now :(
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say instead of rare, more useful. Increase Ap gains, and give something similar to what he had on midyear mayhem, mats of all kinds, and maybe low chances of militant ordinator pages.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Divines forbid we ever have people play content for the enjoyment of playing the content. :disappointed:

That content has to be enjoyable to be enjoyed. Premade teams are killing BGs. Not top ten but I have made top15-30 on all three Leader Broads two weeks in a row. But it's getting harder and harder to see myself as the highest or second highest score and still being on the losing team.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »

Don't get me wrong, would love to see apothecary satchels or something, but as it currently stands rare rewards do exist.
    You can easily get good trait weapons in purple from the AP boxes.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That content has to be enjoyable to be enjoyed. Premade teams are killing BGs. Not top ten but I have made top15-30 on all three Leader Broads two weeks in a row. But it's getting harder and harder to see myself as the highest or second highest score and still being on the losing team.

You can still top one of the board's because they reward solo play a bit more than team play, just stick to it.

But like I said before until they add good rewards there's nothing special about being number one, trust me I've gotten some of the most useless gear.

• FoolishHuman
    FoolishHuman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Better rewards won't change that. Battlegrounds need a matchmaking system, then people would play for fun and the current rewards. Just putting in more rewards would just push more people out as the farmers with best sets and builds come in and normal players have no chance of winning against them. It's basically already like that.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A ranking that predominantly reflects play time is not a good incentive.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play battlegrounds because I enjoy em, but keeping up with the pots is expensive. And those rewards won't sell for high enough to maintain that luxurious columbine lifestyle. I make do with the Alliance imm pots from Cyro, but still, I think I'm spending more AP than I'm gaining playing em.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Taylor_MB wrote: »

You can easily get good trait weapons in purple from the AP boxes.
    Shh, this is how I've been making money lately ;)
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hello.
    Remember the days when willpower arcane ring went for 500 000 gold+

Battlegrounds need something that makes it worthwhile besides casual small scale pvp.

A token system like keys in imperial city/sewers.

something that is hard to get and make people play and grind like crazy:-)

What battlegrounds need is a ranked mode. And glorious rare rewards tied to that. That would actually skyrocket BG popularity and it would also keep players playing.

Current leaderboards are a big joke. You are first CG!!!! You spent the most time in BGs in a week. No skill involved.

Players quickly lose interest in for fun-only mode.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on September 20, 2017 5:59PM