The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[Video] MagBlade Tank | Demo | Build | Strategy

Taylor_MB
Taylor_MB
✭✭✭✭✭
First PvP tank I've ever ran, thought I'd share my not so secret secrets.

-Demo-
(all recorded on a very busy Saturday)

100% PuG - Deathmatch
https://youtu.be/PAu89vgrhzE

Duo ft. Jaindoh vs Gilliam 4-man - Deathmatch
https://youtu.be/5CO9ZDiVomY
We were never going to win, but it was a hell of a fun fight!

Domination | CTR | Chaosball
Domination ft. Jaindoh
https://youtu.be/-4UExS1N_lI

Capture the Relic PuG
https://youtu.be/BnJDTYJ5y_w

Molag's Ball ft. Jaindoh
https://youtu.be/6mWfLgilWuU

-Build-

2x Troll King
5x Mark of the Pariah
5x Tava's Favor

Specifics:
1eelUha.png*Ignore CP
**This is the build used when recording the above videos, has been slightly upgraded since
***Ideal race would be Argonian, costs a lot of crowns to change :pensive:

Sword and Board
Impale - Execute.
Funnel Health - Spammable damage and 2 person HoT.
Refreshing Path - AoE HoT and small DoT
Mass Hysteria - AoE crowd control, applies minor maim.
Mystic Guard - Minor vitality and keeps a group member alive.
Shooting Star - AoE damage, stun, DoT and regains ultimate.

Restoration

Mutagen - HoT and poor mans purge.
Leeching Strikes - Amazing stamina management.
Mirage - Major evasion and minor resistance buffs.
Healing Ward - Burst heal.
Mystic Guard - Has to be double slotted.
Life Giver - Burst heal and auto recasts back bar heals.

Honorable Mentions:
Sets:
Earthgore - Huge AoE heal every 35 seconds (would run this if I had dlc).
Bloodspawn - More resistance, more ultimate.
Grothdarr - Added damage potential.
Stormfist - Added damage potential.
Transmutation - Critical resistance for you and group plus tonnes of extra magicka regeneration.
Wizard's Riposte - Constant minor maim on all range and melee opponents (Mass Hysteria only works effectively for melee).

Skills:
Bolstering Darkness - AoE Major Protection for 18 seconds! (most under rated ultimate in the game (PuGs won't stand in it though)).
Soul Tether - Instant burst and stun.
Spell Wall - Can change to restoration bar without dropping block.
Merciless Resolve - Increase damage and healing (of Funnel Health).
Sap Essence - Major Sorcery and alright emergency heal (too expensive unless wearing Transmutation).
Defensive Posture (either morph) - Range CC or stamina based heal.
Harness Magicka - Good magicka dump, allows for safer bar swapping.
Structured Entropy - Major Sorcery, 8% max HP, Empower, 2% magicka regeneration, 2% max magicka AND HoT that can be stacked on infinite opponents.
Purge (either morph) - Group heal or cheap(ish) debuff remover.
Mark Target (either morph) - Major resistance debuffs and heal plus either annoying NB's or Major Berserk.

-Strategy-

General Strategies
Funnel Health - Hit an opponent with a damage shield for maximum HoT value (don't reapply until expired if you crit).

Bar Swapping - Always Mass Hysteria (or Shooting Star) your opponents before bar swapping, LoS if needed.

Burst Damage - Generally opponents will stop healing and shielding after a short duration because they don't think you have damage. Get them to their "healing threshold" and then Meteor + Mass Hysteria + Impale. If you have a pot available use one with Major Sorcery to boost damage and apply Mark Target if slotted for penetration. However, this is a tank build, burst works best complimenting your group, very few people you can kill solo.

Consuming Pots - Try to only use pots after an ultimate, easy immediate 20 ultimate towards your next one.

Low HP - Don't freak out when at low HP, vampire Undeath Passive and Pariah will keep your incoming damage very low. Wait until your opponents don't have CC immunity and follow the above bar swapping advice.

Mistform - please no. As a tank you will always have higher mitigation blocking.

Weaknesses and how to Mitigate
Implosion - Unblockable proc execute, horrible!
1) Don't let yourself drop that low.
2) High max HP. Your HP needs to be high enough so that even when you are in execute range it will not kill you. ~30k HP is most comfortable for me.

Power of the Light - Unblockable burst damage.
1) Purge.
2) Block all incoming damage for duration so it doesn't reach cap.
3) Mass Hysteria to interrupt their rotation.

Screaming Cliff Racer - Undodgeable spammable
1) CC them.
2) Don't bar swap without LoS and then wait 1-2 seconds before doing so (the travel time makes it dangerous) (same applied if you feel a Frag incoming).

Major Defile - 30% healing reduction, hits this build hard!
1) Synergize a Templar's Ritual
2) Purge.
3) Play defensive (usually they just reapply straight away, this really is your best option unfortunately).

Have fun out there!

See anything I'm missing? Have some advice to share (for me or for others reading)? Drop a comment!

Edited by Taylor_MB on September 7, 2017 3:53AM
PvP Defensive Set Comparison
Firestarter MagDK 1vX
- build and gamplay!
LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
- build and gamplay!
ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
- build and gamplay!
Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
My YouTube Chanel

• Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Solid build that has been great to play on the same team with. Seems to work best with 2 dps and 1 healer even though you provide a fair amount of healing yourself.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice build. Kudos for using Pariah - a personal favorite of mine. Good to see others using it :)

Clever build, utilizing the unique features of Magicka NB's to become a Tank.

Downside seems to be a lack of overall damage. Your spammable hits for 1,5k, so only way you kill anyone in a solo situation is by using a 200 cost ulti and time it perfectly. I have tried a similar build to yours, using Troll and Pariah - with many different other sets, trying to find proc / non-proc sets to provide enough damage to actually be a solo threath, but was unable to do so.

PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    Very nice build. Kudos for using Pariah - a personal favorite of mine. Good to see others using it :)

Clever build, utilizing the unique features of Magicka NB's to become a Tank.

Downside seems to be a lack of overall damage. Your spammable hits for 1,5k, so only way you kill anyone in a solo situation is by using a 200 cost ulti and time it perfectly. I have tried a similar build to yours, using Troll and Pariah - with many different other sets, trying to find proc / non-proc sets to provide enough damage to actually be a solo threath, but was unable to do so.

For BGs, overwhelming surge is a good set to fill your damage out on a pariah/tk build.
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    Downside seems to be a lack of overall damage.
    Agreed.

Lexxypwns wrote: »
    For BGs, overwhelming surge is a good set to fill your damage out on a pariah/tk build.
    My complete inability to farm any sets rules this out for me, haha. Might purchase some cheap pcs of Thunderbug's for testing though, kind of similar.

Kartalin wrote: »
    Solid build that has been great to play on the same team with. Seems to work best with 2 dps and 1 healer even though you provide a fair amount of healing yourself.
    Cheers dude.

Edited by Taylor_MB on September 5, 2017 3:26AM
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some of tonight's excitement for those interested.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Taylor_MB

Have you had a look at the wyrd tree set? That purge is nice and on a tank build the 15 second cool down becaomes manageable.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on September 5, 2017 9:38PM
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Taylor_MB

Have you had a look at the wyrd tree set? That purge is nice and on a tank build the 15 second cool down becaomes manageable.

Was just thinking yesterday (when I got angry at Purge for purging the wrong stuff, haha) "what's that set that purges?" so thanks for reminding me! Will have to put this set on the to do list.
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    @Taylor_MB

Was just thinking yesterday (when I got angry at Purge for purging the wrong stuff, haha) "what's that set that purges?" so thanks for reminding me! Will have to put this set on the to do list.

I got a whole set in perfect traits for 7k gold last month in traders. It's only got healthy jewels, but that's fine for a tank build since you need the HP anyway. 15 seconds can seem like an eternity but when it procs it's definitely a game changer. The beauty is when an opponent doesnt realize you're purging their debuffs/dots.