Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Changing class token?

Nic727
Nic727
✭✭✭✭
Hi,

I didn't play for a couple of months now and I would like to know if they finally added a way to change class in the game?

Would like to play Warden since it's fit better with my Bosmer, but I don't really want to start everything again... I have a lot of events items/achievements and don't want to loose them. I like to play only one character and don't want to play a second one.

Thank you
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not yet
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will never do this because they like being annoying.
  • Nic727
    Nic727
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well... I will be annoying too lol.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope they never do this.
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope they get a move on and get it done. I want one too.
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good god, not this again....

No scrub!
    Edited by KingYogi415 on September 4, 2017 5:01AM
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be the one thing they are on record stating they do not want to do.

So, unless and until they actually change their minds on that one... no class change for you (or anyone, really)...
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They added a way to change class when they released the game, it's called making another character

What would even be the point to change class ? You would have to train all your skills again anyways...

...just saying
    Artemis Absinthe - DC magicka nightblade (PC - EU)
    Gruzosh Barrelsmasher - DC stamina sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Kew'bacca - AD stamina nightblade (PC - EU)
    Jebediah Orbrynn - DC magicka templar (PC - EU)
    Hold-Many-Bags - Mule DK, Promoted to main tank, occasionally stamDD
    Olaf Proudstache - Mule - No longer with us Now a Stamwarden healer
    Aglieglie Brazorf - AD magicka sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)
    Lemmy Raise Master - EP stamina necromancer (PC - EU)

Scions of Dawn recruitment ad - PC EU multifaction PvE endgame raiding guild

LUI user - I can see you when you fap loot.

#SpellswordArmy
    #MakeSpellswordsGreatAgain

In the Game of PuGs you win or you ragequit

"Dip dip potato chip, dip dip potato chip"
  • Nic727
    Nic727
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aisle9 wrote: »
    They added a way to change class when they released the game, it's called making another character

What would even be the point to change class ? You would have to train all your skills again anyways...

...just saying

But what about all the quests I already did, all the achievements I will lost (with special titles), etc.

It could be so easy to change class. Give all your points back and keep them until you can unlock something for the class. Also there is some general skills for crafting...
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Changing class token?"
    s-790a677725bcbec9425982761d2ce36b6870d2ad.gif
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nic727 wrote: »
    Hi,

I didn't play for a couple of months now and I would like to know if they finally added a way to change class in the game?

Would like to play Warden since it's fit better with my Bosmer, but I don't really want to start everything again... I have a lot of events items/achievements and don't want to loose them. I like to play only one character and don't want to play a second one.

Thank you

Then you are not playing a warden. Sorry.

Class change tokens are ridiculous given how generous this game already is with near everything being bind to account including cps on top of the various double exp events that happen. Leveing another character to 50 is hardly an investment.

No. The issue here if any is achievements not being account wide for those that even care.

Or maybe this is a generational thing. I must have missed the train on this one because where come from, requesting such a ridiculously entitled feature would make you the laughing stock of any mmo community in any and all of the mmos that i have played over the years.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Changing class token

Or

make some achievement like " Master angler + all fisher achievement " bound to accound ,same thing for " Trophees " it's already a pain to farm them with one char , same thing for " exploration " " dark anchor " all these " easy achievement " that take times but don't need anything except " Farm " and " patience ". Only dungeon/trials/pvp/battleground ect... achievement should be bound to char.
    Edited by Apherius on September 4, 2017 5:07PM
  • Nic727
    Nic727
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make achievements account/character wide could be the solution. You are right.
  • Garreth17
    Garreth17
    I wouldn't mind changing the class that ZOS hates the most to the most OP class (i mean change Nightblade to Sorc).
  • Nic727
    Nic727
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guess that I will loose everything... :(

- Events achievements
    - Hollowjack and other motifs from events
    - Titles from events
    - Etc.

I hope motifs will come back next halloween, Christmas, etc...

I don't care about starting again from lvl 0, but the events stuffs are special and can't be obtained again.
    At least, if someone doesn't matter to sell/give me all motifs again (still loosing achievements)?
    Edited by Nic727 on September 6, 2017 4:02PM
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Changing class token
    Use PTS for testing. Download client, create CP 660 Warden, use provided loot to gear him up. Play a bit...... You can change your mind to switch your current class to Warden. Trust me )
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They said it would be too complicated to code. Given the general state of the game code and all the bugs I'm believing that in this case.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

yes, but it was a requirement to read the forum first before posting another thread on it. you failed the quest, and therefore cannot change class. please try again in 12 months.
  • BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh FFS, this topic... AGAIN?!?! STOP ASKING FOR THIS! It will NEVER happen!

Roll a new char like you would in any other MMO (with exception of the 2 FF games I don't know which others would allow such a thing). STOP ASKING!
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »
    Changing class token

Or

make some achievement like " Master angler + all fisher achievement " bound to accound ,same thing for " Trophees " it's already a pain to farm them with one char , same thing for " exploration " " dark anchor " all these " easy achievement " that take times but don't need anything except " Farm " and " patience ". Only dungeon/trials/pvp/battleground ect... achievement should be bound to char.

That would be a slap in the face to all the sick people that have Master Angler on multiple characters.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like that guy that has it on all 14 characters...that's so sick it's amazing.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That horse timer though, no thanks.
    Bring on a class change token.
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- Events achievements
    - Titles from events
    - Etc.

I don't care about starting again from lvl 0, but the events stuffs are special and can't be obtained again.
    At least, if someone doesn't matter to sell/give me all motifs again (still loosing achievements)?

Why would you delete your first charactet? You get 8 character slots.

If you need a piece of gear in that motif.....I know it might sound crazy........but /camp

So much entitlement in this thread. This is life....live it.
    [DC/NA]
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So, unless and until they actually change their minds on that one... no class change for you (or anyone, really)...

Just like that time they said they don't want to change the payment model and that time they denied something is going on when people found that 6 months subscription was gone. Oh and that time where they said that no content will be behind the pay gate.
    Aisle9 wrote: »

...just saying

That's not the same and isn't viable. The point to change the class would be playing with a character you like saving his name, achievements and titles. Quests are only fun when you do them for the first time and don't know how they end. Training class skills is fine.
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    Hi,

Thank you

Then you are not playing a warden. Sorry.

Class change tokens are ridiculous given how generous this game already is with near everything being bind to account including cps on top of the various double exp events that happen. Leveing another character to 50 is hardly an investment.

No. The issue here if any is achievements not being account wide for those that even care.

Or maybe this is a generational thing. I must have missed the train on this one because where come from, requesting such a ridiculously entitled feature would make you the laughing stock of any mmo community in any and all of the mmos that i have played over the years.

Nope, absolutely not ridiculous. Absolutely nothing wrong with just changing the class and keeping the name. And as you said - it's already to just level a new character, simply annoying. If the problem was that a lot of people will just roll FOTM, then adding the class change won't fix it. People already have multiple characters and re-roll as needed. I'm talking about people who will actually kill you in cyrodiil and who actually compete for top score in PvE. All these people ALREADY change their class as needed. Other people rolling FOTM won't change anything.

What's ridiculous is that you think it's normal and should be a given that you force players to do the same thing again and again if they simply want to try all skills in endgame (on one character - as expected from a TES game) before deciding which character to commit to. And maybe have an opportunity to switch if they got really bored playing the same class. Not many people like playing alts, you know. It's a waste of time, in fact, for people who care about the achievement score.
    BloodWolfe wrote: »
    Oh FFS, this topic... AGAIN?!?! STOP ASKING FOR THIS! It will NEVER happen!

Roll a new char like you would in any other MMO (with exception of the 2 FF games I don't know which others would allow such a thing). STOP ASKING!
    AGAIN?!?! STOP ASKING TO STOP! We will NEVER STOP ASKING.

WE DON'T WANT TO ROLL A NEW CHAR BECAUSE THAT MEANS ALL WE ACHIEVED IS GONE. How can't you still get it?
    Danksta wrote: »

That would be a slap in the face to all the sick people that have Master Angler on multiple characters.
    Would it be? What are they losing? Nothing. Not a slap.
    badmojo wrote: »

No, this is a game. No reason to complicate things.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make achievements account/character wide could be the solution. You are right.

Only if they are still listed separately on each character as well (or multiply them by 10x).

Otherwise, why would one chase General Executioner or Treasure Hunter on a 4th or 5th character?

As for Master Angler, I need to finish off a couple of the DLC zones on my character that already has Master Angler and then I'm starting it on my first alt.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Nic727
    Nic727
    ✭✭✭✭

- Events achievements
    - Titles from events
    - Etc.

If you need a piece of gear in that motif.....I know it might sound crazy........but /camp

Like I said earlier, I only play one character... Simple like that. If I create a new one, it's to delete the other one and start again.

I think I will start a new one right now, but will wait a bit before deleting the other one. Will try to discuss with ESO Support team if they can transfer some stuffs from one character to another.

thx
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never going to happen, unfortunately.

Why?

They want you to keep playing. Getting a new character ready for end game takes 50-100+ hours. That's 50-100+ hours of extra play time. MMOs need people playing the game as much as possible in order to thrive. You also have to buy extra character slots if you have to keep making new characters. A lot of people buy horse upgrades on new characters (especially if they're PvP characters since max speed/stamina are mandatory)
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on September 7, 2017 9:30PM
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- Events achievements
    - Titles from events
    - Etc.

Like I said earlier, I only play one character... Simple like that. If I create a new one, it's to delete the other one and start again.

I think I will start a new one right now, but will wait a bit before deleting the other one. Will try to discuss with ESO Support team if they can transfer some stuffs from one character to another.

thx

If you have eso+, the crafting bag (unlimited space) is shared across all characters. Your bank is shared across all characters. Transferring items is not an issue. They are bound to your ACCOUNT, not character. Leave your first character as your "crafter" and use him to craft gear. Since the change to the zones, you'll need to farm crafting mats on your new character anyway.

Class change tokens only lead to people that don't know how to play their class...You've seen them in dungeons and dolmens. They're the ones standing there light attacking...
    Edited by PlagueSD on September 8, 2017 12:30AM
  • Nic727
    Nic727
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just got an idea about how it could be done.

1. You buy the token from the crown store like any other stuffs
    2. You pick the class you want to change into
    3. All your class specific skills are reset to 0 and skills point you spent are back to you as "unused".
    4. You should have like 10 days to go back to your older class with all your skills point back where they were. If you pass the 10 days, you can't go back and if you change again to your old class, you start lvl 0 (class skills).

What do you think about that?
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artis wrote: »

Just like that time they said they don't want to change the payment model and that time they denied something is going on when people found that 6 months subscription was gone. Oh and that time where they said that no content will be behind the pay gate.
    Yup.
    Exactly like those times! ;)

Yes, they could change their mind about it, that's how it works - people make plans, the situation changes, they change their minds about the plans and make different plans.

And it -would- make a certain amount of sense to have a class change token, really... with them adding a new class with the warden, requiring people who have been playing the game since launch to make new characters to try out that class... which would be somewhat annoying to those who enjoy achievement hunting or those who already took twelve characters through all the game content, and now would have to revisit quests they can recall all too well for the thirteenth time...
    And it would always be something for roleplaying people who made their favorite main character a nature type with the classes that were available back at launch, and now realize wqarden would have fit their character concept so much better...

But like mentioned... until and unless they change their minds about it, no such luck.
    I just got an idea about how it could be done.

1. You buy the token from the crown store like any other stuffs
    2. You pick the class you want to change into
    3. All your class specific skills are reset to 0 and skills point you spent are back to you as "unused".
    4. You should have like 10 days to go back to your older class with all your skills point back where they were. If you pass the 10 days, you can't go back and if you change again to your old class, you start lvl 0 (class skills).

What do you think about that?
    Forget about #4... too much bother to keep a timer running, or a backup of the old class data I'd reckon.

I would think, you use the token, you change to a new class with all skill points in the class skills & passives refunded and all new class skills at zero, and have to level them all from the start (which should not be that much effort for anyone serious about it, considering... but enough to keep people think twice about doing it)

And if you want to change back... you gotta buy another token, duh. Because the suits at ZOS like to make more profits. So people will think even thrice about changing class, which might appease those who really dislike the concept...