The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Resource Guards once again

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its not the fact if its soloable or not its the fact the npc's are broke.

Npc bubble reflects dawnbreakers, whips, trap beast etc..

Full hp heals are annoying.

Yeh, the problem lies when fighting people and you have a guard behind you constantly bubbling you or CCing you over and over, before immunity ends a lot of the time.

Bubbles are the worse though. Utterly stupid idea to make it unbreakable.
  • MADshadowman_
    MADshadowman_
    ✭✭✭
    It's happening again? :( After what happened last time with guards acting up, I'm kinda nervous attacking npc's guards by self. I now usually wait by the enemy (lvl 1 and 2) resources and hopefully someone comes.

If not, if no one comes to aid me in (lvl1 and lvl2 resources) I just go hide in keep, with shame. I don't believe I can anymore, these guards are way OP. But if What you say is true, in which I believe. The End Is Nigh.... Least for me since I not OP lol.

It's not quite as bad as it used to be, but definitely worse than right after the "fix"
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's happening again? :( After what happened last time with guards acting up, I'm kinda nervous attacking npc's guards by self. I now usually wait by the enemy (lvl 1 and 2) resources and hopefully someone comes.

If not, if no one comes to aid me in (lvl1 and lvl2 resources) I just go hide in keep, with shame. I don't believe I can anymore, these guards are way OP. But if What you say is true, in which I believe. The End Is Nigh.... Least for me since I not OP lol.

It's not quite as bad as it used to be, but definitely worse than right after the "fix"

They fixed workers casting negates and other high price spells that were supposed to be reserved for the honor and mage guards. The big guards still spam eclipse and ccs, as they always have. That was never on the table to be "fixed."

Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Morbash
    Morbash
    ✭✭✭✭
    They're still easy to solo. It's just more annoying with the constant Eclipse and CC spam. I can still Rambo resources on most classes. On level 5 resources as a caster, I will often start with the tower guard and the two guards stationed just outside the tower entrance.
    Edited by Morbash on September 5, 2017 12:05AM
    "War doesn't build character; it reveals it."
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol I got so tired I put a purge on my bar so I can get rid of the Eclipse

know what happens next? you get Eclipsed or stunned or some other BS right after you get rid of it and then the guards heal to 100% when they have almost no health left

just zerg surf now, that's all there's left

and btw, Purge/Clense whatever that is called is expensive and I have to use a pot so I can keep going, know what I wont have ready when someone comes to defend a resource? exactly

while stam can just freely do w/e they want, gg
    Edited by pcar944 on September 5, 2017 12:13AM
    One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can solo resource without a problem while playing magDK.

Seems like you need to relearn your class.

EDIT: don't say stuff like permablock or super tanky. I solo them under 2 minutes.

ha ha it takes you 2 minutes? Do you need some lessons as well?

I will admit they do seem to acting very odd lately. ZOS should take a look at them and fix the constant CC mechanic.
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alpheu5 wrote: »
    I've not noticed any changes with guards between this patch and last patch. I do have two main issues with guards, though:

1) guards present vastly different levels of difficulty to magicka classes versus stam classes because eclipse doesn't reflect most stamina based attacks.

2) eclipse teaches bad habits because it cannot be broken free from (this goes for player eclipse too). When fighting guards, players are inclined not to block reverb, frag, and other ccs in order to break free and acquire cc immunity, during which they are immune to eclipse and can dps freely. These reflexes can get you killed against players. When you are eclipsed, most aoe abilities still work, inclining many players to use bar setups for taking resources which vastly differ from proper PvP bars. These will also get you killed should players arrive to fight you.

I wouldn't call the intentional application of CC immunity a bad habit in all cases, as long as you have a retaliation immediately available when you do it. Sometimes I'll hardcast a frag while eclipsed just so I don't have to worry the situations where the eclipse is reapplied almost immediately before a reflectable ability is cast.

When on earth would you do that against actual players? Never. You'd burn unnecessary stam, take unnecessary damage, and put yourself in a channel that says "hey, hit me in one second when I'm lying flat on my back."

Stamina is a non-issue unless I've been roll dodge spamming behind trees to get away from a zerg, and even then it's probably because I ran out of magicka first. I'd never CC myself on purpose without having enough stamina to break free or the means to immediately recover. That'd just be a stupid move. That's why I said "as long as you have a retaliation immediately available when you do it."

Of course, this is talking in 1v1 situations. In 1vX you can bet I'd be line-of-sighting the [scatological] out of the Templar.
    Edited by Alpheu5 on September 5, 2017 7:29PM
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For stamina builds it is possible to solo guards with minimal issues (But it's still annoying). For Magicka, guards are deadly to everyone save for the Warden (P2W maybe) and sorcs (Sorcs OP confirmed). The Bubble is stupid as it acts like the old bubble does. It needs to be updated or removed
    Edited by NyassaV on September 5, 2017 8:36PM
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not that resources cant be soloed but its total mess. Any time I fight resouce mobs I feel clumsy as frack. Constantly eclipsed, eclipsed, negated and when not my toon staggers and can barely do anything as animations are clumsy. I dont mind fighting hard mobs, but what happends there is hard not because of strong mobs but because of broken design and lagy fights.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    I can solo resource without a problem while playing magDK.

Seems like you need to relearn your class.

EDIT: don't say stuff like permablock or super tanky. I solo them under 2 minutes.

everyone can solo resources, it's just more of a pain in the ass than it needs to be as a magicka build. i mean eclipse reflects even concealed weapon (which it should not) eclipse needs to be breakable again, it was a terrible idea.

Eclipse does not reflect AoE skills.

The old eclipse, which the guards use, reflected everything considered a magical spell.

The eclipse cast by players will only reflect projectiles (none of which are AoE).
  • MADshadowman_
    MADshadowman_
    ✭✭✭
    Yes this is really not about resources being to hard to solo, cause they're not. Even on a magicka toon, it's not really hard to do. My only point is the bugginess of the NPC behavior. If i'm on a stamina build and i can hear one NPC spam casting eclipse on me every second, even though i'm not cleansing or breaking it, something is clearly not right with the AI.

It's already annoying enough that 80% of the playerbase just willy nilly spams skills on you, but please don't let the NPCs do it too.
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We had a friend come back to the game after a long hiatus, we thought it'd be funny to watch him solo a resource on his magicka toon.

It wasn't funny though when he uninstalled ESO again, feels bad. Why are guards so one sided against magicka builds, it doesn't make any sense to me. My stamina toons can dance around flag guards, while juggling bad players even outnumbered. But when I'm on my magicka toon even one guard can turn the tide of a fight, and instantly carry players on a flag.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Eyesinthedrk
    Eyesinthedrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The constant bubble is soooooooooo annoying. As a magica user I'm basically spamming HA and shields.

It doesn't change the outcome at all. It just makes the end result take an annoyingly long time
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've taken resources left and right recently. Lv 5 resource on no CP - haven't noticed anything being different. Same as what they used to be. Honour guards with Dragon Blood, Telekinetic disorient, chains(goes through cc-immunity) bubble reflects all..

It's always been like this and I dont think they got any harder since patch hit.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imho even though they were bugged i still think resources are not difficult enough. Resources should require a group of 4 to capture in my opinion. Only smart players should be capable of soloing resources (pulling them into tower, picking 1 off at a time).

If we had strong resources you could create more small-scale action. Defending a resource with strong guards means you can defend it with small-numbers against large.

When the resources are working as intended, i can walk in like i own the place. No effort needed to capture them.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've taken resources left and right recently. Lv 5 resource on no CP - haven't noticed anything being different. Same as what they used to be. Honour guards with Dragon Blood, Telekinetic disorient, chains(goes through cc-immunity) bubble reflects all..

It's always been like this
    and I dont think they got any harder since patch hit.

It's not always been like this. In one patch couple months ago, ZOS changed player eclipse to be shorter duration, but unbreakable, and granting the target CC immunity on expire.

In the same patch, they also changed the guard eclipse to be shorter and unbreakable - except that it does not grant immunity to the target on expire (no CC done by NPC's gives immunity to on expire, only on break-free). And since eclipse cannot be broken free from, you get perma-eclipsed at a resource now, unless you can use break free on some other CC effect.
    Imho even though they were bugged i still think resources are not difficult enough. Resources should require a group of 4 to capture in my opinion. Only smart players should be capable of soloing resources (pulling them into tower, picking 1 off at a time).

If we had strong resources you could create more small-scale action. Defending a resource with strong guards means you can defend it with small-numbers against large.

When the resources are working as intended, i can walk in like i own the place. No effort needed to capture them.

I don't disagree - but the blatant advantage stamina toons have at resources compared to magicka toons must be removed first.
  • Lord_Etrigan
    Lord_Etrigan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I fully agree with OP on this, the bubbles, negate and grystal fragg from flag drive me nuts so I now I put rap manuv-hardend ward then dont attack and run into tower.
    Once on top I drop distructo ulti on flagg and spam the hell out of them with mages wrath.
    PS4 EU
    Lord Etrigan (Former Emperor): PVE High Elf Sorcerer
    Nyssa al Ghul: PVP Nightblade Wood Elf (Ganker)
    Lady-Death : PVP High Elf Sorcerer (8 x Campaigns Former Empress and Grand Warlord) Retired:(
    Achmed-Silence I keel you: PVP Dark Elf Nightblade (Suicide Bomber)
    I'm with stupid: PVP Argonian Magic Temp (Group support and healer).

Guild:
    The Order of Stolas (Founder and Guild Master)

Faction: Aldmeri Dominion

Her Royal Highness Queen Ayrenn Arana wants You for Dominion.
    LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Last night on the sewers we got into a pretty big fight. As a MNB I was out of commission for at least 60% of it. Concealed Weapon funnel health cripple merciless and soul harvest are all reflectable. Every move that I have. So all I could do was try to keep my group alive. The adds also seemed to only target me with the bubbles over and over. I lived we won but still. 60% of a fight and I can't attack anyone but myself because of guards.