The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

XV1 skills need to be reworked IMMEDIATELY.

• Orjix
    Orjix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soul_Demon wrote: »
    Leandor wrote: »
    For ef's sake. Stop demanding to survive against 5 opponents without backup.

5 cliffracers? 1 healer can take you through them. You don't even need even numbers, just run a balanced duo and survive any of the above mentioned skills

You people demanding that a lone wolf should be able to survive x opponents attacking together have destroyed this game. You alone.

Finally gtfo and play any other game but please for the love of tiny kittens, just shut up and diaf.

How are solo players ruining the game. Everything in the game is designed to kill us because the developers don't think it's fun if you die when you outnumber your opponents.

No. Solo and 1vx'ers are simply ESO's failures at group.

Why? Don't know...maybe they are intolerable in TS, maybe they are 'too smart" and know everything. Maybe they are really, really bad with tactics and map management in a war game. No matter what they will tell you they are solo or 1vx "by choice man" In fact they almost NEVER directly contribute to the game the way it was designed.

They don't take keeps or outposts, they don't defend keeps, they don't care about emp (unless its them or one of the four players that can tolerate them) or campaign scores at all. But they do want groups out there to do those things so they can hang around in stealth and pick off players as they try to play the game the way its designed. Objectives on the map are not there in their minds because you take them, they are there so you can pick off other players who try to take them and are little markers on the map to find them.

Matter of fact reading the forums you see they even cry with campaigns when they are not populated enough to supply players for them to pick off playing the map. So they complain about everything to sway the combat in favor of the solo or 1vx player claiming it is the 'skilled' way to play.....because, after all...they solo and 1vx "by choice man" not because others can not tolerate to play with them with those winning personalities. But hey....there is always streaming to look forward to.

I'm going to respectably disagree, I often do not group in cryodill, because I prefer to listen to my music and choose for myself where I want to fight, if bleakers and ash are both under attack I want to be able to decide for my self where to fight, I go where I want to go "join" the raid and then once the battle is over we go our separate ways. I like feeling like a free agent.
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    waitwhat wrote: »
    This guys is a sorc right? Has he tried dragging and streaking whenever things get too hot?

That is by and large the only 1vX strategy I see today.

1vX was always some imbecile streamer fantasy that seemed more often than not to exploit dubious synergies to their absurd conclusion. It most often wasn't even 1vX, but was rather 2vX with a second, unsung potato playing support. It is a cancerous outlook that prioritizes a player's own ego over alliance objectives, and is no doubt responsible for the nerfs to skills and sets so many have hated. (Remember when shields were 12 seconds, PvE sorcs? You have 1vX'ers to thank for that nostalgia!)

Luckily, since even the Imperial sewers weren't able to process the waste 1vX produced, many battlegrounds maps get to serve as Tamriel's colostomy bag. Go there.

Some of us draw excitement from the fight itself instead of winning the campaign, and pursue mastery of individual mechanics with a class -- micro play -- over map movements and group coordination -- macro play.

@NightbladeMechanics That's a fair reason and fair argument.

Still, people in AD pursuing that playstyle run counter to my priorities in Cyrodiil, so I'm always happy to see it get harder. The others can run "PvP for PvP's sake" to their heart's content.

@Lucky28 You might wish to consider why people enjoy large-scale, long-term PvP, because it really isn't the rewards. It's a sense of accomplishment that comes from persisting with a strenuous and strategic goal, perhaps not so unlike small-scale as one may think.

We should also note that much large-scale, long-term pvp doesn't involve groups larger than 6-10, with resource flagging squads as small as two. Plenty of small scale in service to a larger objective there.
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way most zerglings act, keep defense as a guild becomes a small-scale MOBA but with additional environmental hazards. We actually have a phrase for those zerglings on PS4 NA AD: "AP Nugget".
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • Johnnny
    Johnnny
    Complaining about Xv1 is stupid and asking for people to be able to 1vX is stupid, it should be a team game and your complains make no sense for large scale pvp.

If you want this game to be competitive address pvp guilds some meaningful ways of competing with eachother.
    Edited by Johnnny on September 9, 2017 3:36AM
    Johnnyzz - mSorc - NA Sotha/BGs

http://plays.tv/u/Johnnyzao
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭
    Stop it soul assault does not need a nerf trust me, once you get good enough it wont be an issue the majority of the time people usually use it when your hp is low which at that point you should know he will go for a burst window or they usually also use it after the cc you. https://account.xbox.com/en-US/gameclip/4c41efab-359e-400a-9f05-1293e5396d31?gamertag=Skyshardz&scid=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Invel wrote: »
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Lol, those are all single target abilities. Why do you think they're Xv1 abilities?

Because if u have 5 sorcs stacking curse on one player its has no counter, endless fury procs off of other peoples damage, power of the light does too also stacking 5 undodgeable cliffracers and soul assaults on one guy is a complete numbers game no counterplay at all.

So you think you should be able to take on 5 sorcs and 5 wardens at once? and win?? Of course it's a numbers game 5 people should beat 1 person, 10 people no matter how poor of players they are should beat 1 person. Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee would lose 10 on 1 fights to any 10 people that had a shred of common sense (real life/not movies). It is always first and foremost a numbers game.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You absolutely should die if you get overwhelmed by too many players.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranger209 wrote: »
    So you think you should be able to take on 5 sorcs and 5 wardens at once? and win?? Of course it's a numbers game 5 people should beat 1 person, 10 people no matter how poor of players they are should beat 1 person. Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee would lose 10 on 1 fights to any 10 people that had a shred of common sense (real life/not movies). It is always first and foremost a numbers game.

@Ranger209

do not bring martial arts into a video game man.

Please reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donnie_Yen#Real_fighting_experience_and_prowess

TL;DR: One reported occasion confirms Yen as being an efficient martial artist. According to news reports by Hong Kong news channels in the late 1990s, Yen was at a nightclub with his then girlfriend, Joey Meng. Inside the nightclub, Joey got harassed by a troublesome gang that had taken an interest in her. Yen warned them to leave her alone, but they persisted to cause trouble. As Yen and Joey left the club, the gang followed and attacked Yen. According to the news, Yen beat up eight members of the gang who were later hospitalized.

that was 1v8 btw.

i think 1 skilled player should absolutely beat 5-10 inexperienced players

RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• slaweqkeb17_ESO
    Lord_Invel wrote: »
    ZOS! If you want a healthy pvp game environment...

THEY DON'T !
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    anyone not agreeing with the OP here just has to be a zergling and shouldnt even be allowed to view the pvp forums, let alone voice an opinion.

that beeing said, permablock needs to be dealt with. not by adding unblockable/undodgeable abilities like the new rune prison tho as thats just another stupid mechanic that has no real counter to it. bringing it in line with streak/dodge penalties and increase the cost on consecutive blocks would be the correct way to handle this. allthough with a lower timer on the penalty as unlike dodge and streak you dont completely avoid dmg with block.
  • NedicWildling
    NedicWildling
    ✭✭✭
    lao wrote: »
    anyone not agreeing with the OP here just has to be a zergling and shouldnt even be allowed to view the pvp forums, let alone voice an opinion.

that beeing said, permablock needs to be dealt with. not by adding unblockable/undodgeable abilities like the new rune prison tho as thats just another stupid mechanic that has no real counter to it. bringing it in line with streak/dodge penalties and increase the cost on consecutive blocks would be the correct way to handle this. allthough with a lower timer on the penalty as unlike dodge and streak you dont completely avoid dmg with block.

Ok Putin.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I generally use POTL on a target I see permablocking or LOS humping to avoid burst. Just let everyone else chase them, throw that on there, and those little DOTs and hits add up. I could see where it would annoy someone that is trying to fight outnumbered, but they need to address some of the cheese like LOS humping that has plagued MMOs since the dawn of time, and permablocks when they go to remove it.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jist saw this thread did the first time. OP was entertaining.

He must run a permablock build and wants to be immortal in it.