The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Is Eso Plus worth it?

Thats_So_Wizard
Personally I believe that eso plus is good value for money especially with all the free dlcs and also the 1500 crowns per month.I almost forgot the addition of the craft bag and all the increased gains tell me what you guys think about eso plus.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The craft bag, alone, makes it worth it, imo.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    agree.gif
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's nice for craft bag but otherwise useless.
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    short answer: no

long answer: zos refuse to fix the game so i refuse to pay a monthly subscripion to play it!
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is completely worth it when the game is operational .
  • Tucker3711
    Tucker3711
    ✭✭✭
    YES.
    @Tucker311- PC
    Tucker3711
    Nord Beth Rose (EP)
    Imperial Freya Var (DC)
    High Elf Hestia du foyer (AD)
    Wood Elf Epona Caoin (AD)
    Hotstuff Queen
  • RupzSkooma
    RupzSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes cause your other option is crown . And if you buy crowns you can get ESO plus for free.
    Elder Kings II is a Role Playing Elder Scrolls mod for Crusader Kings III.
  • resdayn00
    resdayn00
    ✭✭✭
    The crafting bag is invaluable, especially if you're into crafting. I'd have basically no inventory space left on all my characters/mules if I didn't have the crafting bag.

1500 crowns per month isn't a lot considering the prices of crown store items nowadays but still isn't bad, you can buy a costume or some other cheaper item every month or you can rack them up for a more expensive mount or even a house.

You have full access to all DLCs (excluding Morrowind which is marketed as a Chapter) which would otherwise cost you money/crowns. This is one of the main features of ESO plus. Even if you don't subscribe for a long time, you can clear the DLC zones and be done with them (if you're also going for the motifs, dungeon achievements and the fishing achievements then I don't think this is applicable, however).

You have double bank space and double furniture space in homes. Paired with the crafting bag this is also very useful and invaluable for inventory management. The double furniture space is almost necessary if you'd like to make nice looking homes, even with doubled furniture space it's often not enough, but this is for another discussion.

Costume dyeing is also ESO Plus locked, again, if you like customization and cosmetics then this is handy.

Last but not least you get a 10% increase to gold, exp, crafting inspiration and research times (obviously in the case of research times it means that they take 10% less time). These aren't game changing additions but useful nonetheless.

For me ESO Plus IS worth it. It simply just makes your life easier in the game and saves you time, while also makes the game more enjoyable.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Resdayn Indoril, Dunmer Magicka Nightblade - Main

Pactum Dunmeri | Ard Feainn | Aetherius Art | Kley Guild

Achievement points: 26k+
  • SSlarg
    SSlarg
    ✭✭✭
    if you like the game,

if you like to craft,

if you love Double Bank space

if you want more item space in your house,

YES!!!!!!

;)
    Edited by SSlarg on August 19, 2017 6:23PM
    PS4 NA PSN - SSlarg
    Currently Looking To Buy:
    NoThInG
  • Orjix
    Orjix
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a poor college student i say "no"
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tried playing without it, god almighty that crafting bag makes a diffrence, no way will I give up my loot Hoover :D
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craft bag and double bank space are the biggest draws, plus being able to play most of the DLCs for free with a sub. They also give you a tiny amount of crowns per month, which aren't worth as much as they used to be because they keep raising the prices in the crown store. :/
    Overall, though, I definitely think that subscribing is worth it.

Edited by SydneyGrey on August 19, 2017 11:30PM
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As others have said: The craft bag and extra bank space makes for a better experience!
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • shinikaze
    shinikaze
    ✭✭✭
    "Modern capitalism: create the problem, sell the solution"
    • You need to be a premiun to cover lack of bag space.
    • 6 month subscription is cheaper than buying crowns directly.
    • Access to dlcs is always nice (you can actually buy them with the monthly crowns)
    • Extra exp is... meh since there is so many freaking stuff to do you will actually be max cp by the time you explore the whole map.
    • extra gold is always nice, but it's unnoticeable.
    • and free costume dying is always welcome but not necessary.

• Graydon
    Graydon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's $15 freaking bucks! It's worth every penny and cheaper than a couple drinks
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »

This ^^^ and the double bank space is fabulous.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is completely worth it when the game is operational .

As he has said.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stovahkiin wrote: »
    It's nice for craft bag but otherwise useless.

you consider double bank to be useless?
    10% increase to Experience & Gold acquisition, Crafting Inspiration, and Trait Research rates too?
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craft bag and double bank space. Did I say craft bag.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    firedrgn wrote: »
    Craft bag and double bank space. Did I say craft bag.

I used to pick up all resource nodes religiously, but lately i realized it is a waste of time. I can instead buy all the materials i need on the market with the gold i get from selling trash loot to vendors, and spend less time doing it. So for example when i need to craft 100 tristat potions, i just buy 25 columbine mountain flower and bugloss, and immediately use them.

In other words, no need for a craft bag. This is speaking from the perspective of someone with maxed crafting skills tho. If you are still working on your tradeskills, buying all mats might get expensive.
  • TaintedKurse
    TaintedKurse
    ✭✭✭
    With the new bank update you don't need it but, as many others have said theirs the craft bag.

10% extra exp is nice

and I prefer to just pay for the content when I actually want to play it which leaves me crowns to buy cosmetics with

so if all that sounds good

ESO plus is for you
  • BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    It comes down to personal opinion but I believe it is definitely worth it. You get the amount of crowns as if buying a crown pack (1500 vs maybe 500 shop funds in other games that do this too so it's a better value although crown shop item prices sometimes are far too high and makes 1500 feel useless but some items are still ok) plus you get the craft bag, double bank space, higher limit in housing to put furniture and items then the 10% bonuses (gold, exp, trait research and inspiration), costume dying and access to DLC.
    Edited by BloodWolfe on August 25, 2017 3:43PM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For me it is not worth it. I'm better off selling surplus mats that would otherwise end up in the craft bag, and for the ones that I want to keep there I have a reserved character: character slot is 1500 crowns, or equivalent to a month's subscription, and the bag upgrades are around ~200K gold in game. My big storage problem is not mats, but gear, and there's little relief in subbing. The extra bank slots would only free up another character that I currently use for storage, which is not worth it. It's cheaper to buy the DLCs, I think that all the DLCs released up to this point are worth about ~5 months of subscription. It's only worth it if you are infatuated with cosmetic items, and you want to use the remitted crows from subbing over a long period to buy those instead, and "rent" the DLCs.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • GrimClaw
    GrimClaw
    ✭✭✭
    As a crafter: yes
    Else: no
  • Hanzus
    Hanzus
    ✭✭✭
    I have had ESO plus since the game first started, never regretted it yet :)
    Edited by Hanzus on August 25, 2017 9:17PM
    "Walk always in the light, or we will drag you to it."
    -Vigilant of Stendarr

Nords, the true sons of Skyrim!
    PC NA
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I don't think it's worth it at all but everyone is different. I have an efficient system in place and a bunch of personal guild banks though. With system I have in place I really don't spend much extra time on inventory management than when I had ESO plus.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For me it's not worth it. At least while this game has nerfs, bad changes, lag and cheaters :|
    Even if I forget about those mentioned problems, I still think it's not worth it. Unless you can't resist crates and cosmetics...

Their new model is 1 free "dlc", 1 overpriced "chapter", 1 lame dungeon dlc, 1 little dlc size of Thieves Guild or Dark Brotherhood... So you can either spend $156 a year to get 2 little dlcs and craft bag for hoarding (I know myself it's unhealthy addiction and not really needed), or spend $24 on sale for 1 large crown pack and it will unlock you same two dlcs + some crowns left.

Or, to partially satisfy your hoarding and cosmetic addictions, you can spend $63 a year to buy 2 large crown packs on sale + sub for one month to dump materials into craft bag and dye costumes. You will have 12500 crowns to buy same two dlcs and some other things :) Can even give up and buy 2 more large packs, still all together ($111) will be cheaper than 6x2 month of sub, and more crowns (23500 vs 18000).
  • Lorajet
    Lorajet
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. The craft bag alone is worth it. Plus getting crowns to spend on things I don't really need. Getting to go to zones that aren't normally available. For $14.99/month, it keeps me off the streets.

I do admit to letting it lapse if I know I'm not going to play hard during that month.
  • Raeph
    Raeph
    ✭✭✭
    The DLC isn't free, you pay 15 bucks a month for it.

Basically the craft bag is the only real benefit. Which honestly sucks... classic free to play model, restrict access to something which fundamentally makes your game a better experience for all players and hide it behind a paywall.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's worth it for a new player in my opinion, try out everything for $15. If you like it, keep it until you have all the crowns to buy the DLCs.

Somebody made the good point of saying you can just buying mats instead of farming, so the crafting bag isn't that useful. Just do all the research and grinding in the first 2 months of having a subscription while you have the crafting bag available.