The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sotha Sil (EU PC)

• montjie
    montjie
    ✭✭✭
    Thraben wrote: »
    montjie wrote: »
    Weird to see DC having emp almost every morning now. No way this is due to the latest pvp changes.

Someone nightcaps, unfortunately.
    Yeah but if were talking about the same people they were doing it already pre summerset.

Im trying to figure out what caused this massive shift in power on Sotha. Low pop bounus?
    - easy farmable saltbucket -
    - retired QQ king of Daggerfall Covenant PC-EU Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/weird dragon name/Ravenwatch zone chat -
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thraben wrote: »
    Weird to see DC having emp almost every morning now. No way this is due to the latest pvp changes.

Someone nightcaps, unfortunately.
    Yeah but if were talking about the same people they were doing it already pre summerset.

Im trying to figure out what caused this massive shift in power on Sotha. Low pop bounus?

1) This shift is primary during off- times, but has consequences for the prime time:

2) Scrolls now offer far more points to a degree that they decide the campaign, so you can turtle up and still win. Before the patch, the Blues had too little manpower to actually hold the territory they could conquer. Basically we aren´t able the defend more than one and a half keep due to our low numbers, and this hasn´t changed much.

2) Defending the scrolls doesn´t require the manpower of a real bomb group (12-16), and thus favors the typical medium sized guild groups of the Covenant.

3) The traditional yell way of fighting is in a Bomb raid, and these Bomb Raids - though still strong against Randoms - are very vulnerable to groups which specialize in farming organized enemies.
    On the red side some guilds are experimenting with a ballgroup playstyle, which makes it even easier for us to farm them, and on the yell side the size, quality and number of these groups have decreased too during primetime.

Whereas the reds and yells don´t have dedicated anti-Ballgroups, and are thus helpless against Blues fighting in the Ballgroup style.

Thus, the way is cleared for the few LfG groups who can operate without fearing getting farmed by enemy guild groups.
    Edited by Thraben on May 29, 2018 12:15PM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • DoccEff
    DoccEff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blues have low numbers and medium-sized guildgroups? Lel
  • DoccEff
    DoccEff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you don't have enough people to defend homekeeps, because your mates are busy pushing to kings every 30 minutes? Think about it :wink:
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, there's times I really miss Sotha.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • DoccEff
    DoccEff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, there's times I really miss Sotha.

CD for campaign-switching got reduced to 1 min, not like you can't come over at any time.
  • DivineFirstYOLO
    DivineFirstYOLO
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Lieblingsjunge convince sanct to play on sotha.. its kind of lag free (compared to vivec) :-)
    Zerg Squad

Godslayer x 4

Pro questing fees for RPers in Cyrodiil, pay your taxes!
    PC - EU

• Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, today I'm really feeling all these scroll buffs and the emp buff. I guess EP got addicted to this during the last 15 (?) months. How are the withdrawal symptoms?
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice to see the Drachengarde back on the server for a day!
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    So DC is winning now?
  • Leeched
    Leeched
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So DC is winning now?

New low pop bonus ftw
    Wondering why ep hasn't shown up in here already to complain about it :trollface:
    Edited by Leeched on June 8, 2018 11:03AM
    (DC) Grimsley - MagSorc || Denderan - StamPlar || Phaedon - StamBlade || Oberon - MagPlar || Leontes - StamSorc || Saroush - MagDk || Culan - StamDen || Dullahan - StamDk
    Ruvik - MagBlade || Tivil - MagDen || Juval - MagNecro || Gargrave - StamNecro
    (EP) Vicio - MagBlade || Clavigo - MagPlar || Peritas - MagDen || Fedrak - MagSorc
    (AD) Maledicto - MagBlade || Voriak - StamBlade

PC EU || Currently CP 1500+
    Azura's Star Sotha Sil
    I serve bombs ღ - retired
  • ordraveeb17_ESO
    Rilis wrote: »
    So DC is winning now?

New low pop bonus ftw
    Wondering why ep hasn't shown up in here already to complain about it :trollface:

night capping this time on your side, maybe next will be ours or bananas ))) now who hold scrolls at day and night time , this alliance will win. If EP starts play on Sotha, as last year (night capping) they will win even if DC starts with low pop bonus)))
  • Leeched
    Leeched
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I heard DC is nightcapping. Dunno about that since I dont partake in said activity. Even tho I am somehow fine with it, cause its nice to log in in the afternoon to see a playable map and not a fully red one with whole EP guilds gatecamping AD and DC.
    (DC) Grimsley - MagSorc || Denderan - StamPlar || Phaedon - StamBlade || Oberon - MagPlar || Leontes - StamSorc || Saroush - MagDk || Culan - StamDen || Dullahan - StamDk
    (EP) Vicio - MagBlade || Clavigo - MagPlar || Peritas - MagDen || Fedrak - MagSorc

Azura's Star Sotha Sil
  • angeleda
    angeleda
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I heard DC is nightcapping. Dunno about that since I dont partake in said activity. Even tho I am somehow fine with it, cause its nice to log in in the afternoon to see a playable map and not a fully red one with whole EP guilds gatecamping AD and DC.

Hi, Rilis!! <3 XD

For everybody who's interested: There has been a very fundamental difference between EP, AD and DC nightcapping...

Since last summer, EP (which has more than 3 big guild zerg/Xv1 running at all times in Sotha plus pug groups) has has the highest numbers in Sotha. With AoE caps, they were unstoppable... Not because of skill of course, as these massive zergs (which sometimes would be 2-3 of them taking a keep agains 10-15 people) but because of numbers and the balance of the game back then supporting them "killing" pvp... And by killing I am talking about morning/nightcapping... EP morningcapping includes the following: 1. take the WHOLE map 2. storm every resource and/or keep that the other alliance tries to take and zerg/xv1 them down.... And the scoring gave them the difference they needed to win the campaign (a lot of times by close margin, ironically) even if during primetime with EP pop lock against 2-3 pop bars of DC they were unable to "dominate" and were pushed back to their homekeeps.

After Horns of the Reach Patch, with AoE removed... AD became the new EP almost, zerging everything down, morningcapping EVERYTHING and making sure noone can take anything else by again Xv1/zerging every resource and keep under attack. That's how they got their scoring difference too leaving DC last (given that AD are almost always more than DC and close to EP numbers in population)

In summerset patch, since a lot of builds have been buffed and most of the EP/AD zerglings are just running a 1-skill/lighattack spam "build" that most have no idea what they are doing and are just following around huge groups or are getting recruited blindly by those zerg guild, DC which has always been used in fighting outnumbered, can use their better builds and "experience" fighting outnumbered and the whole thing swifted towards DC side... However, given i play in EU but i live in the US and my times sometimes help it, i am around during night/morning hours... EVERY morningcap that DC took so far except 1 that i remember clearly, was just emp keeps and scrolls and that was not with higher population, it is against even numbers but because there were not a lot of people online, there were only 1-2 fights around so people would focus on these fights which DC mostly won without distractions from small groups taking resources/keeps somewhere else.

And EVERY morning we defend keeps against at least 2:1 ratio against us... And still we hold our groung (till everything gets zerged down from both sides)

PS. Yes every alliance zergs blah blah blah, but DC has 2 guild raids usually with just maybe 10-15 people max and... well... they are not that great anyway... AD and especially EP run massive 24 (or sometimes 2x24) zerg guild raids and that shifts things...

PS.2 I dont mean EP and AD doesnt have good players... a LOT of friends of mine in game are playing either all alliances or are in EP or AD only. This post is not about those people that are looking for balanced/challenging fights in any alliance

PS.3 "DC only, l2p scrubs"

<3
  • Leeched
    Leeched
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @angeleda
    Who tf allowed you to create an forum account?

Azura's Star Sotha Sil
  • angeleda
    angeleda
    ✭✭✭✭
    @angeleda

My sotha sil endless tbagging on enemies will continue in the forum too!
  • Leeched
    Leeched
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    angeleda wrote: »
    @angeleda

Sounds like this forum is now doomed just like every discord you are on :trollface:

Azura's Star Sotha Sil
  • angeleda
    angeleda
    ✭✭✭✭
    @angeleda

Sounds like this forum is now doomed just like every discord you are on :trollface:

awwww! Best compliment EU
  • CoachPower
    CoachPower
    ✭✭✭

Hi, Rilis!! <3 XD

For everybody who's interested: There has been a very fundamental difference between EP, AD and DC nightcapping...

Since last summer, EP (which has more than 3 big guild zerg/Xv1 running at all times in Sotha plus pug groups) has has the highest numbers in Sotha. With AoE caps, they were unstoppable... Not because of skill of course, as these massive zergs (which sometimes would be 2-3 of them taking a keep agains 10-15 people) but because of numbers and the balance of the game back then supporting them "killing" pvp... And by killing I am talking about morning/nightcapping... EP morningcapping includes the following: 1. take the WHOLE map 2. storm every resource and/or keep that the other alliance tries to take and zerg/xv1 them down.... And the scoring gave them the difference they needed to win the campaign (a lot of times by close margin, ironically) even if during primetime with EP pop lock against 2-3 pop bars of DC they were unable to "dominate" and were pushed back to their homekeeps.

After Horns of the Reach Patch, with AoE removed... AD became the new EP almost, zerging everything down, morningcapping EVERYTHING and making sure noone can take anything else by again Xv1/zerging every resource and keep under attack. That's how they got their scoring difference too leaving DC last (given that AD are almost always more than DC and close to EP numbers in population)

In summerset patch, since a lot of builds have been buffed and most of the EP/AD zerglings are just running a 1-skill/lighattack spam "build" that most have no idea what they are doing and are just following around huge groups or are getting recruited blindly by those zerg guild, DC which has always been used in fighting outnumbered, can use their better builds and "experience" fighting outnumbered and the whole thing swifted towards DC side... However, given i play in EU but i live in the US and my times sometimes help it, i am around during night/morning hours... EVERY morningcap that DC took so far except 1 that i remember clearly, was just emp keeps and scrolls and that was not with higher population, it is against even numbers but because there were not a lot of people online, there were only 1-2 fights around so people would focus on these fights which DC mostly won without distractions from small groups taking resources/keeps somewhere else.

And EVERY morning we defend keeps against at least 2:1 ratio against us... And still we hold our groung (till everything gets zerged down from both sides)

PS. Yes every alliance zergs blah blah blah, but DC has 2 guild raids usually with just maybe 10-15 people max and... well... they are not that great anyway... AD and especially EP run massive 24 (or sometimes 2x24) zerg guild raids and that shifts things...

PS.2 I dont mean EP and AD doesnt have good players... a LOT of friends of mine in game are playing either all alliances or are in EP or AD only. This post is not about those people that are looking for balanced/challenging fights in any alliance

<3

Too long, didn't read.
    DC-EU-PC

Coach-Power - Magicka Sorcerer with mediocre DPS - PvP/PvE
    Eternal-Envy - Magicka Templar - DD
    -Sookie Northman - Magicka Nightblade - DD
    Eva the Whipmistress - Magicka Dragonknight - DD
    Having-A-Bad-Time - Magicka Templar - Healer
    Lady Mormont - Stamina Dragonknight - Tank
    Resolute

• Scamh
    Scamh
    ✭✭✭
    CoachPower wrote: »

Hi, Rilis!! <3 XD

<3

Too long, didn't read.

it was something about birds, i think
    The Upside Down (Stamplar) - Osaka Sewers X (Stamblade) - A Scanner Darkly (Magblade) - Taylor Swiftborn (Stam sorc)
  • Scamh
    Scamh
    ✭✭✭
    vivec called, it wants its zergs back

(wtf was that all about yesterday)
    The Upside Down (Stamplar) - Osaka Sewers X (Stamblade) - A Scanner Darkly (Magblade) - Taylor Swiftborn (Stam sorc)
  • Leeched
    Leeched
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lmao let DG stay. They die so fast, its hilarious :joy:

Azura's Star Sotha Sil
  • Scamh
    Scamh
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I saw some of those groups being obliterated, I just figured they were all pugs. Easy kills but I hadn't played stamplar in months and I was feeling rather clumsy. Meanwhile, we got chased by 20+ to the end of the map over and over. Thirsty kids! Made for some good 2vX action, with the "Biggest Juke Ever in the History of Sotha Sil" pulled off by Magiqal and I - it involved coming at a dead end and turning 180 and running back without them noticing we went past them - to this day, 8 confused players are looking at a high rock wall, wondering where we went.

The best part were the whispers of me being a "cowardly nightblade"... On stamplar. Hint: jabs. Someone else also called me a meta player cause I obliterated him (classic dbos to the face - I mean, nobody sees that one coming amirite) when there's maybe 5 stamplars in Sotha entire. What were these people on, and no, I don't want it!

Edited by Scamh on June 14, 2018 5:59AM
  • neowon
    neowon
    ✭✭✭

Yes and your Raid....... hust sry raids too. Yesterday first day with our non cp build, but we can still improve you too? ohh sry at dc you just get another raid for win a fight :)
    Guild Leader Drachen-Garde
    Nightblade 42
    Templar 50
    Sorc 26 ; 24
    Warden 13
  • Leeched
    Leeched
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    neowon wrote: »

Yes and your Raid....... hust sry raids too. Yesterday first day with our non cp build, but we can still improve you too? ohh sry at dc you just get another raid for win a fight :)

I have no clue what you are trying to say

Azura's Star Sotha Sil
  • CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scamh wrote: »
    Yeah I saw some of those groups being obliterated, I just figured they were all pugs. Easy kills but I hadn't played stamplar in months and I was feeling rather clumsy. Meanwhile, we got chased by 20+ to the end of the map over and over. Thirsty kids! Made for some good 2vX action, with the "Biggest Juke Ever in the History of Sotha Sil" pulled off by Magiqal and I - it involved coming at a dead end and turning 180 and running back without them noticing we went past them - to this day, 8 confused players are looking at a high rock wall, wondering where we went.

The best part were the whispers of me being a "cowardly nightblade"... On stamplar. Hint: jabs. Someone else also called me a meta player cause I obliterated him (classic dbos to the face - I mean, nobody sees that one coming amirite) when there's maybe 5 stamplars in Sotha entire. What were these people on, and no, I don't want it!

Best part was when I killed you after you got marked and you whispered me "*** that stalking NB" or something and I thought it was my teammate so I replied "yeah, NB are cowards, but eventually they die". Turns out I was talking to the NB I was referring to :trollface:

Edit: Magiqal for the love of god... why are you never coming EP or AD?
    Edit2: Remember Scamh I call every NB a coward just like everyone calls me a wingtard :P
    Edited by CrazYDunm3r on June 14, 2018 11:59AM
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards
  • CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    double post
    Edited by CrazYDunm3r on June 14, 2018 11:58AM
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    neowon wrote: »

We wiped DG several times on monday with 9men without a DC zerg following us.Dont know where you got that your first time in sotha was yesterday.
    Edited by laksikus on June 14, 2018 2:47PM
  • Scamh
    Scamh
    ✭✭✭

Best part was when I killed you after you got marked and you whispered me "*** that stalking NB" or something and I thought it was my teammate so I replied "yeah, NB are cowards, but eventually they die". Turns out I was talking to the NB I was referring to :trollface:

Edit: Magiqal for the love of god... why are you never coming EP or AD?
    Edit2: Remember Scamh I call every NB a coward just like everyone calls me a wingtard :P

That was precious but at least you got the class right. I've lost count how many times people confused my stamplar for a nightblade, it's unreal.

Probably just going to focus on playing stamplar for a bit, even if stamplar solo is the suck. So if you see your "teammate" with a dawnbreaker-shaped dent in his face, that was probably - hopefully - oh please yes - me.
  • CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    So if you see your "teammate" with a dawnbreaker-shaped dent in his face, that was probably - hopefully - oh please yes - me.

Yeah he kinda deserved it for mark spamming and stalking xD Next time I will not reduce you to ashes if you are solo.
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards