The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

HotR Dungeons difficulty level

• Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What the dungeons have going for them:

Cool visual design

Short. Like, shorter than normal. Which is a plus when your going for achievements, one of the problems with Maz and COS was that they were a slog.

What they have against them:

Some mechanics are slightly bull. The end fight of Falkreath and the second major fight of bloodroot come to mind.

The designers grew a CC fetish. Like a crazy CC fetish. Almost every trash mob has some kind of CC and almost all the bosses do too. It's not good difficulty, it's just annoying, and puts more emphasis on DPS, which I thought we were not supposed to do since they took great pains to nerf sustain.

Hard enough to where most new players would likely not make the cut.

While there is alot here and for a much more reasonable pricetag, are these worth what is essentially 15 bucks? No. Not to me. I'd say pass. If I didn't happen to have bought sub for some craftbag love, I wouldn't shed tears over missing these two.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on August 15, 2017 11:43AM
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the author

Quit complaining and just play the game. It's folks like you who can't be satisfied. Either certain parts of the game are too easy or they are too hard. Same holds true for gear, weapons and races. Either they are OP and need to be nerfed or they need to be buffed. Give it a rest already.
    Edited by Palidon on August 15, 2017 11:46AM
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arbit wrote: »

Most people are going to pug because not everyone has friends who play. If you wanna experience what most people have to go through to beat the dungeon then id recommend it before rallying support for making it harder.

What difference does it make to you, though? They are asking for a third, harder tier, not making the 'story mode' harder.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Most people are going to pug because not everyone has friends who play. If you wanna experience what most people have to go through to beat the dungeon then id recommend it before rallying support for making it harder.

What difference does it make to you, though? They are asking for a third, harder tier, not making the 'story mode' harder.

I've been advocating a third, and even fourth difficulty tier for ages. And people simply refuse. There's no logical reason for it, these indoctrinated drones simply see you as a casual and will -never- acknowledge an idea if it came from you.

I'd stop trying to reason with them.
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    I´ll be the first to ask: Why does all new content need to be vMoL HM??? You even said that people were disapointed with the difficulty level of SotH dungeons, so ZOS decided to make the new ones a Little easier. I haven´t played Falkreath Hold yet, but Bloodroot forge on HM isn´t "easy".

As if vMoL HM is hard atm ...
    ...The designers grew a CC fetish. Like a crazy CC fetish. Almost every trash mob has some kind of CC and almost all the bosses do too. It's not good difficulty, it's just annoying, and puts more emphasis on DPS, which I thought we were not supposed to do since they took great pains to nerf sustain.

So true, it's annoying as *** :D We did Bloodroot yesterday and literally just burned every single Boss though
    Edited by Anne_Firehawk on August 15, 2017 11:55AM
    Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
    GUAR SQUAD OP
    All Hardmodes done, WTB content.
    Cancercrates are ruining the game

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A third difficulty with more achievement, but NO MORE REWARDS than in vet mode , would be very very interessting .

why no more reward than in vet mode ? simply because people are jealous and want all content for them and especially when there is special reward behind them . don't want a third key either .... you don't know how much " nerf content " thread these jealous can make for a third key .
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We got to the last boss of Falkreath in under 15 Minutes, pretty much without a death. The only experience being that I had done it on PTS once. Hardmode was clear in the second or third try. Speedrun we got a few runs later, no death is sadly bugged, so we had the skin in around 2 hours. With skipping adds you can easily get to the last boss in around 8-10 minutes, you can burst down pretty much every boss without them doing any relevant mechanics. Only the last boss can be a little bit tricky if you haven't figured out the timing on his mechanics, since they often seem to be random.

Bloodroot forge was laughable as well, the only boss where we even did any mechanics was the 4th one. He took actually a few wipes to figure out and seems to be the only one actually being fun and challenging. We forgot to activate hardmode though, so i can't talk about that. But given how easy he is in non HM I can't imagine it being difficult.

I wish they would introduce a third level of difficulty above vet.
    Edited by FakeFox on August 15, 2017 12:03PM
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • VoodooWasser
    VoodooWasser
    ✭✭✭
    Palidon wrote: »
    To the author

Quit complaining and just play the game. It's folks like you who can't be satisfied. Either certain parts of the game are too easy or they are too hard. Same holds true for gear, weapons and races. Either they are OP and need to be nerfed or they need to be buffed. Give it a rest already.

Well you could search the forums for my complains about the game... preatty sure you wont find many^^ I Play the game for quiet a while, i enjoy it a loot and will continue to do so. What i dont understand is that if you ever bring some critic voice to a topic, there is ALWAYS a ton of posts wich are just not productive. Well have been my first own topic in the forums, but sure you guys know what i do and what i dont ;)

@Apherius sure would work for me, its stupid that people are jealous and want to complete veteran hardmode with incomplete builds, rotations and without training but thats the way most people think i guess.
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I´ll be the first to ask: Why does all new content need to be vMoL HM??? You even said that people were disapointed with the difficulty level of SotH dungeons, so ZOS decided to make the new ones a Little easier. I haven´t played Falkreath Hold yet, but Bloodroot forge on HM isn´t "easy".

I can totally understand your point, and my personal playstyle dont have to be yours.

The thing is besides vMol and vHof there isnt much channanging stuff for some players. This Playerbase gets ignored while there is lots of stuff for player who dont need to hard contend.

Like i said: in my opinion it would be best for the game when there would be a third difficulty Level.

A third difficulty level would indeed solve that issue yea. A lot of dungeons in the game could use a 3rd storyline since it feels like they have some sort of "unfinished ending".

* Selenes Web: The wizard claiming Selenes soul for Power, could make a story around that
    * Volenfell: Since the woman continues to search for the artifact, what happened then???
    * White Gold Tower: The moth priest found Another rift leading to Coldharbour where she Believes the real empress is located at. First you need to climb the Tower again to reach the rift and then fight your way through Coldhourbor to save the real empress
    * Vault of Madness: The spirits that "take over" the vault after the fall of The Mad architect, could see a story around that

Just to point out, Empress Regent Clivia Tharn is dead. She was not good by any stretch. There isnt much reason she would be locked away needing saved
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think everybody will agree when i say the two new dungeons look absolutly awesome! I dont think everybody will agree when i say they are way to easy.

In my personal opinion HotR is by far not comparable to IC and SotH dungeons when they launched. I do like the Mechanics but most bosses have to low health and some dont hit hard enaugh.
    The problem is that according to ZoS shown yearly plans for the DlC´s this two dungeons have to last a whole year like IC and SotH before them had to. I know SotH was not popular due to difficulty level, but it was the thing this game needet for people who are not far enaugh to do endgame raiding but to far to be content with wayrest sewers and co. AND this content just got nerfed (havend checked it out yet).

I know many ppl will be offended and say its elitist but i would love if HotR gets Buffed. I would also love it if all Dungeons get a thrid, harder than veteran, modus.

It's this way because 99% of the population is casual and only put in a few hours a week probably. SotH was way to hard for anybody that wasn't playing a lot. I use to play all of the time and I never got a chance to finish either dungeon. Groups would break up after like two wipes, or if you weren't max CP and could prove you did them on HM you would get booted (how can do it on HM if you are kicked all the time). So eventually I gave up even bothering trying to do them which just took another healer out of pool of people.

So yeah if they make it a littler easier where the people that play all of the time and have grinded up to all gold items etc waltz through it then so be it, if the people who get maybe 5-10 hours a week can finish it.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »
    Waseem wrote: »
    play without champion points

While I haven't yet done the new dungeons so can't comment on their difficulty much myself(and frankly I'm not really looking forward to them with how many people say they don't stand up to the SotH/IC launch standard)...what an absurd argument. There're 2 modes, normal for story and completion and vet for those of us that like the challenge. What kind of logic is it to imply that in order to get the challenge you gotta gimp yourself? Did you people also complain when Skyrim got Legendary difficulty added?

Skyrim had a difficulty slider so it's not comparable at all.

The top 1% players should definitely stop thinking that vet dungeons are made for them. It's not like "normal" is made for 99% of players and vet for 1%. "Normal" is designed for the "bottom" 50% and "vet" is designed for the top 50%. Logically the top 1% is going to find them too easy. It sucks to be a minority but there are a couple of games out there designed to provide a real challenge. As a mainstream MMO, ESO simply isn't one of them.

• VoodooWasser
    VoodooWasser
    ✭✭✭
    I think everybody will agree when i say the two new dungeons look absolutly awesome! I dont think everybody will agree when i say they are way to easy.

In my personal opinion HotR is by far not comparable to IC and SotH dungeons when they launched. I do like the Mechanics but most bosses have to low health and some dont hit hard enaugh.
    The problem is that according to ZoS shown yearly plans for the DlC´s this two dungeons have to last a whole year like IC and SotH before them had to. I know SotH was not popular due to difficulty level, but it was the thing this game needet for people who are not far enaugh to do endgame raiding but to far to be content with wayrest sewers and co. AND this content just got nerfed (havend checked it out yet).

I know many ppl will be offended and say its elitist but i would love if HotR gets Buffed. I would also love it if all Dungeons get a thrid, harder than veteran, modus.

It's this way because 99% of the population is casual and only put in a few hours a week probably. SotH was way to hard for anybody that wasn't playing a lot. I use to play all of the time and I never got a chance to finish either dungeon. Groups would break up after like two wipes, or if you weren't max CP and could prove you did them on HM you would get booted (how can do it on HM if you are kicked all the time). So eventually I gave up even bothering trying to do them which just took another healer out of pool of people.

So yeah if they make it a littler easier where the people that play all of the time and have grinded up to all gold items etc waltz through it then so be it, if the people who get maybe 5-10 hours a week can finish it.

Well i think its an mmo, so i go in there with the goal to play with people. I would recommand getting a guild and play with firends to reach your goal. If you play on eu you can write me ingame and ill do the dungeons with you.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

While I haven't yet done the new dungeons so can't comment on their difficulty much myself(and frankly I'm not really looking forward to them with how many people say they don't stand up to the SotH/IC launch standard)...what an absurd argument. There're 2 modes, normal for story and completion and vet for those of us that like the challenge. What kind of logic is it to imply that in order to get the challenge you gotta gimp yourself? Did you people also complain when Skyrim got Legendary difficulty added?

Skyrim had a difficulty slider so it's not comparable at all.

The top 1% players should definitely stop thinking that vet dungeons are made for them. It's not like "normal" is made for 99% of players and vet for 1%. "Normal" is designed for the "bottom" 50% and "vet" is designed for the top 50%. Logically the top 1% is going to find them too easy. It sucks to be a minority but there are a couple of games out there designed to provide a real challenge. As a mainstream MMO, ESO simply isn't one of them.

srs?

Normal = Heavy attack and win. nothing else required, Bow and Ice Staff will do just fine in Heavy Armor.

Vet = Heavy Attack and self heals and a touch of not standing in red, occasional block or dodge will guarantee a win. Bow and Ice Staff not advised but can be done with time.

Vet HM = Nothing changes in dungeons, the final fight takes a bit longer in 90% of cases, DLC dungeons require scrubs who don't listen and sit around banging their heads to Weird ginger kid Dubstep music to not apply. Even people that are as High as the ISS can complete this content (believe me I play with some right mong stoners) Communication required.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Meld777
    Meld777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For everyone saying "Play without CP/naked", I have the perfect answer for you: No, YOU play NORMAL! That's what the normal difficulty is for. If Vet is too hard for you, go play NORMAL and don't ruin our fun by demanding content nerfs.

And yes, the new dungeons were waaaay too easy compared to SotH. I got both skin and mask within 2 - 3 hours of playing and a ton of other achievements by accident, and I haven't tested anything on PTS. There are still a few achievements left we haven't tried, but I'll get them soon, nothing special.

To point out something else, neither I nor my group are hardcore PvE raiders. We are still running gear from last patch that got nerfed/destroyed. Our DPS is quite mediocre/average. The only thing we're doing better than everyone who has troubles with these dungeons is that we don't stand in stupid red.
    Edited by Meld777 on August 15, 2017 12:36PM
    Maelstrom Arena Champion | Undaunted | Fighters Guild Victor

Level 50 Magicka NB | CP160+

nAA | vCoH1 HM | nSO | nCoA2 | nDSA | nMA | vVoM

PC EU
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No i dont have alle achievements. Yet. But thats not the Point. And btw: Falkonreach no death run is Bugged so you get it even when someone died.

For alle the ones who always say go naked or without Cp: Can´t you just accept that some ppl like a challange and still want to get the best out of their Char? I dont complain about how sadly easy quest content is or how you should decorate your home.

It is fine wanting a challenge, but even as you seemed to have indicated, trials are where the bigger challenge is intended to be. Went through one of the two dungeons yesterday. When mechanics are followed it is certainly much easier than when they are not. Seems like a great design, especially in preparation for players who want to run the mechanic driven trials like vMoL and vHoF. As someone who has cleared everything, except one of the new dungeons, I liked the one I saw, at least on first pass.
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well i think its an mmo, so i go in there with the goal to play with people. I would recommand getting a guild and play with firends to reach your goal. If you play on eu you can write me ingame and ill do the dungeons with you.

This. The game is nothing without the people.
    Edited by Anne_Firehawk on August 15, 2017 12:39PM
    Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
    GUAR SQUAD OP
    All Hardmodes done, WTB content.
    Cancercrates are ruining the game

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    srs?
    Normal = Heavy attack and win. nothing else required, Bow and Ice Staff will do just fine in Heavy Armor.
    Vet = Heavy Attack and self heals and a touch of not standing in red, occasional block or dodge will guarantee a win. Bow and Ice Staff not advised but can be done with time.
    Vet HM = Nothing changes in dungeons, the final fight takes a bit longer in 90% of cases, DLC dungeons require scrubs who don't listen and sit around banging their heads to Weird ginger kid Dubstep music to not apply. Even people that are as High as the ISS can complete this content (believe me I play with some right mong stoners) Communication required.

You're generalizing what is "easy" FOR YOU with what is "easy" for EVERYONE. That's not the same thing at all.

• Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I've been advocating a third, and even fourth difficulty tier for ages. And people simply refuse. There's no logical reason for it, these indoctrinated drones simply see you as a casual and will -never- acknowledge an idea if it came from you.

I'd stop trying to reason with them.

The issue with more difficulty tiers is it simply isn't happening. I'd love a nightmare mode myself, and I do actually agree the gap between normals and vet is too huge atm(which imho could also be reduced by slightly buffing normals but that's just me). It's Zenimax you should be trying to "reason" with, not other players.

A sensible reason against it would be lack of players - if I were to give Zeni the benefit of doubt and for a second believe they haven't ignored this idea due to effort it'd take but rather due to logic, I'd say it's they're afraid it'll be impossible to find groups for the tier you want, groupfinder already takes forever as a dps.

Whether it's that or just laziness and ignorance though, Zeni clearly isn't interested in more tiers. So we have what we have. All they will do is nerf or buff(lol) what we have and it's up to players to close the gap. Nerfing the content, contrary to popular believes, does not really help close the gap as long as there's still stuff left on the other end of the gap. Stuff like Trials and MA stays extremely mechanics heavy and just poses impassable wall for a lot of players, and the steps that could lead up to it keep getting nerfed(in HotR dungeons' case not technically nerfed but you get the idea). This is only detrimental to the community and the game as a whole.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    srs?

You're generalizing what is "easy" FOR YOU with what is "easy" for EVERYONE. That's not the same thing at all.

Anyone can heavy attack, I'm not going to be rude but if you cannot heavy attack then you have other glaringly obvious issues that need to be dealt with pronto.

There is nothing difficult about Dungeons in this game, it's plain and simple follow the steps and pay attention. This said. the thing people actually struggle with it paying attention, the amount of pugs I have spoken to on wipes when they are stalking bookface, lol'ing at cat videos on youtube whilst having a beer in one hand and a joint in the other is unreal. None of this is actually difficult to complete at all, it's just a series of key entries prompted by visual cues. Pay attention and focus and you will never have a problem with anything in this game. this is the real issue here, people play like they are playing COD or some crap like that where you just spin on the spot and hold a button looking the other way and hope for the best. Not the case here.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Oh such a knee jerk reaction. I remember when I logged into one of my old characters to do a vet dungeon, and I breezed through it like I normally did. I didn't have any sustain issues, or survivability issues.

After the daily was done I went into my inventory to sort through my loot, and do you know what I discovered? I had zero champion points applied!

Meaning even at zero CP the PvE in this game is still pathetic. So come up with a new excuse.

Inb4 play naked btw.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone can heavy attack, I'm not going to be rude but if you cannot heavy attack then you have other glaringly obvious issues that need to be dealt with pronto.

There is nothing difficult about Dungeons in this game, it's plain and simple follow the steps and pay attention. This said. the thing people actually struggle with it paying attention, the amount of pugs I have spoken to on wipes when they are stalking bookface, lol'ing at cat videos on youtube whilst having a beer in one hand and a joint in the other is unreal. None of this is actually difficult to complete at all, it's just a series of key entries prompted by visual cues. Pay attention and focus and you will never have a problem with anything in this game. this is the real issue here, people play like they are playing COD or some crap like that where you just spin on the spot and hold a button looking the other way and hope for the best. Not the case here.

Well, there are people who are "bad" because that's what they enjoy (as you say, a beer in one hand, a joint in the other, the cat on their knees, a 2nd screen with netflix and hubby/wife in the background discussing their day). Maybe they could "git gud" if they wanted to, but if they don't want to, it's their choice and they deserve content adapted to that choice too.

But that wasn't my point. My point is about those players who CAN'T get better. We all have limits. I mean, physical limits. Eye-hand coordination, typing speed, muscle memory, reaction time, 3D position, sense of direction, ability to multifocus, just to name a few, all this is limited by something physical in our nervous system, and that limit is simply different for every one of us. You can push them with training and practice, but only to a certain extent, there's a hard cap somewhere. You have one, I have one, yours is simply higher than mine. This makes the " series of key entries prompted by visual cues " as you name it, much harder to follow for some people than for others.

Don't get me wrong : you have every right to ask for more challenge, if that's your wish. But reasoning like "if I can, anyone can" is flat out wrong, and labeling everything that YOU already master as "easy" is also flat out wrong. Because we are all different.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on August 15, 2017 1:27PM
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inb4 play naked btw.

Run with bad players.

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    srs?

just did Falckreach hold on vet, me was the lowbee at cp512 and crap gear. cp550 tank two 660 dd, cakewalk up to second last boss, Took some time to figure out mechanic and how to handle it, last boss was my hardest fight.
    Lots of mechanics who will wipe an uncoordinated good group dps but we still had a lot of wipes before we did it.

Content was way above my usual level, I joined as group was for normal run but they messed up finder.
    We thought we could give it a go, took far longer than planned :)

Puging it would be impossible unless all know the mechanic well.
    Think Bloodroot Forge is harder, it was harder on normal even if far better group then doing it over fackreach.

And yes dungeons is about following mechanic this is mostly about training after you know them.
    Edited by zaria on August 15, 2017 1:25PM
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Inb4 play naked btw.

Run with bad players.

I can solo vet dungeons so that doesn't really matter now does it?
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inb4 play naked btw.

Run with bad players.

I can solo vet dungeons so that doesn't really matter now does it?

And do you think your solo'ing of vet dungeons is "too easy" ?
    And yes, running with bad players can be much harder than solo'ing :-) Remember, bad players aggro the wrong mobs, or the wrong way, or at the wrong time, they trigger mechanics that kill you, and they die and you have to rezz them :-)
    Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on August 15, 2017 1:35PM
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think his point isn't for you to not use cp, it's for you to derive that some players don't have CP, but would buy the content if they could do both levels of difficulty. I'm not arguing for myself, I'm capped and find vet dungeons easy to complete with pugs, at least with CP. The point is, ZoS is selling this, and if they want people to buy it, they need to make it so those people will feel good about completing it. I can see how someone might get 'immersed" and think they are accomplishing something by clearing a dungeon in vet mode, and they need to protect that "badge of honor", but in fact, this is an entertainment product that ZoS wants people to buy, and be entertained with, even "casual" players that might have very little CP.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure everyone has limits and not everyone is a good player. But that's why normal dungeons exist. You don't have to do vet if you're not capable of doing it.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My group and I had fun figuring out the bosses in Falkreath Hold until the final boss. We felt it was pretty fair and though it took a few times to figure out the draugr boss, once we did it was like an "aha!" moment.

The final boss was kinda rude, tho. Granted, we were tired (okay, I was tired) but I felt sufficiently pressured and challenged by all the mechanics. We had to give up because we were just getting frustrated, but we'll probably be back tonight and starting before midnight. <.<

When we went through Bloodroot Forge on PTS we had a similar experience; figuring out the mechanics and how to deal with them was pretty fun. The minotaur boss, Galchobhar, especially, is extremely well-designed and has a great balance of punishing if you don't follow mechanics and rewarding if you do. The final boss is a little underwhelming, though. ):

Overall, I'm glad to have content I can work towards and not stuff I curbstomp in 6 hours and wait 3 more months for something new.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Sure everyone has limits and not everyone is a good player. But that's why normal dungeons exist. You don't have to do vet if you're not capable of doing it.

That old argument again... same old response again : sure, but ZOS will NOT design something for the top 1%. They'll design the vet difficulty at a level that will appeal to, let's say, the top 50%, therefore it will still be too easy for the top 1% . ZOS needs to sell, there's no way around it.

• AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

I don't really think vet is the achievement though, vet is the mean, the MMO "honor" comes from the speed runs and no death runs and the items that are usually associated with them, titles, dyes, skins.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American