The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

HotR Dungeons difficulty level

VoodooWasser
VoodooWasser
✭✭✭
I think everybody will agree when i say the two new dungeons look absolutly awesome! I dont think everybody will agree when i say they are way to easy.

In my personal opinion HotR is by far not comparable to IC and SotH dungeons when they launched. I do like the Mechanics but most bosses have to low health and some dont hit hard enaugh.
The problem is that according to ZoS shown yearly plans for the DlC´s this two dungeons have to last a whole year like IC and SotH before them had to. I know SotH was not popular due to difficulty level, but it was the thing this game needet for people who are not far enaugh to do endgame raiding but to far to be content with wayrest sewers and co. AND this content just got nerfed (havend checked it out yet).

I know many ppl will be offended and say its elitist but i would love if HotR gets Buffed. I would also love it if all Dungeons get a thrid, harder than veteran, modus.

• Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    play without champion points
    PC EU

• LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You probably have all achievements already, do you? :) If so, it would be easy to make a screenshot, right? :p
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I´ll be the first to ask: Why does all new content need to be vMoL HM??? You even said that people were disapointed with the difficulty level of SotH dungeons, so ZOS decided to make the new ones a Little easier. I haven´t played Falkreath Hold yet, but Bloodroot forge on HM isn´t "easy".

• VoodooWasser
    VoodooWasser
    ✭✭✭
    No i dont have alle achievements. Yet. But thats not the Point. And btw: Falkonreach no death run is Bugged so you get it even when someone died.

For alle the ones who always say go naked or without Cp: Can´t you just accept that some ppl like a challange and still want to get the best out of their Char? I dont complain about how sadly easy quest content is or how you should decorate your home.
  • VoodooWasser
    VoodooWasser
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    I´ll be the first to ask: Why does all new content need to be vMoL HM??? You even said that people were disapointed with the difficulty level of SotH dungeons, so ZOS decided to make the new ones a Little easier. I haven´t played Falkreath Hold yet, but Bloodroot forge on HM isn´t "easy".

I can totally understand your point, and my personal playstyle dont have to be yours.

The thing is besides vMol and vHof there isnt much channanging stuff for some players. This Playerbase gets ignored while there is lots of stuff for player who dont need to hard contend.

Like i said: in my opinion it would be best for the game when there would be a third difficulty Level.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Waseem wrote: »

While I haven't yet done the new dungeons so can't comment on their difficulty much myself(and frankly I'm not really looking forward to them with how many people say they don't stand up to the SotH/IC launch standard)...what an absurd argument. There're 2 modes, normal for story and completion and vet for those of us that like the challenge. What kind of logic is it to imply that in order to get the challenge you gotta gimp yourself? Did you people also complain when Skyrim got Legendary difficulty added?
  • Mormo
    Mormo
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed the new dungeons this patch. Sure, my crew was able to get all the achievements in a day, but it was really fun! They aren't easy and they aren't overly difficult. They are in the sweet spot for fun, IMO.
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    Mormo
    45K DpS oN NaVi GoDSLaYeR
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I totally agree!
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For alle the ones who always say go naked or without Cp: Can´t you just accept that some ppl like a challange and still want to get the best out of their Char? I dont complain about how sadly easy quest content is or how you should decorate your home.

Content that seems easy to you is hard for others. You wanting it harder isn't fair on others. However making an entirely new third difficulty for people like you while keeping the existing difficulties where they are is indeed fair, cause then everyone can have their cake. Just remember there are thousands of players and not every single one of them is doing Vet Hard Modes one handed while watching Netflix off to the side.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • VoodooWasser
    VoodooWasser
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

Content that seems easy to you is hard for others. You wanting it harder isn't fair on others. However making an entirely new third difficulty for people like you while keeping the existing difficulties where they are is indeed fair, cause then everyone can have their cake. Just remember there are thousands of players and not every single one of them is doing Vet Hard Modes one handed while watching Netflix off to the side.

I agree!

I really hope ZoS is looking into this issue because the Playerbase in ESO is so widly spreat
  • Cpt_Ati
    Cpt_Ati
    They should add new difficulty rank. Most dungeons are very easy with decent group.
    Long Load Time-Wood Elf Nightblade 800+ CP
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can totally understand your point, and my personal playstyle dont have to be yours.

The thing is besides vMol and vHof there isnt much channanging stuff for some players. This Playerbase gets ignored while there is lots of stuff for player who dont need to hard contend.

Like i said: in my opinion it would be best for the game when there would be a third difficulty Level.

A third difficulty level would indeed solve that issue yea. A lot of dungeons in the game could use a 3rd storyline since it feels like they have some sort of "unfinished ending".

* Selenes Web: The wizard claiming Selenes soul for Power, could make a story around that
    * Volenfell: Since the woman continues to search for the artifact, what happened then???
    * White Gold Tower: The moth priest found Another rift leading to Coldharbour where she Believes the real empress is located at. First you need to climb the Tower again to reach the rift and then fight your way through Coldhourbor to save the real empress
    * Vault of Madness: The spirits that "take over" the vault after the fall of The Mad architect, could see a story around that
  • Elvenpath
    Elvenpath
    ✭✭✭
    New DLC dungeons was disappointment for us last night. I had chance to enter Bloodroot Forge with guildies. Mechanics are too mainstream only few new added and easy to findout how to manage it. Bosses are really easy even you can go for no-death run without too much effort. All bosses are nearly tank & spank and few abilities to handle. Last boss is meh.

When WGT & ICP released, they were like hell. Some groups had to progress it even days and weeks. CoS and RoM are ok too but. I don't know Falkreath yet, we were expecting bit challenge when you enter veteran hard mode dungeon.

Indeed ESO need more diffucult mode for dungeons as soon as possible imho.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »
    Did you people also complain when Skyrim got Legendary difficulty added?
    Legendary was the only proper difficulty for Skyrim, before that it was just too easy and not challenging.

PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Seri
    Seri
    ✭✭✭✭

A third difficulty level would indeed solve that issue yea. A lot of dungeons in the game could use a 3rd storyline since it feels like they have some sort of "unfinished ending".

* Selenes Web: The wizard claiming Selenes soul for Power, could make a story around that
    * Volenfell: Since the woman continues to search for the artifact, what happened then???
    * White Gold Tower: The moth priest found Another rift leading to Coldharbour where she Believes the real empress is located at. First you need to climb the Tower again to reach the rift and then fight your way through Coldhourbor to save the real empress
    * Vault of Madness: The spirits that "take over" the vault after the fall of The Mad architect, could see a story around that
    None of those dungeons even have their 2nd storyline, so a way to tie them off would be great. I'm sure you would be hard-pressed to find people that don't want more of Vaults, or people that don't want a chance to kill that wizard from Selene's :wink:
    EP CP160+ Templar, Sorc, NB
    DC CP160+ Templar, Sorc, DK
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Christ, too hard and nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf and it ends up this way in the end.

To easy and Buff Buff Buff Buff Buff! There is just no winning here.

Perhaps the positive signs you mention are more important...Enjoyment! Do you honestly play the game to give yourself a hard time and not enjoy it? If so I'd suggest finding something else in life.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even with good dps and a full group coordinating in voice chat, it still took us about three hours to get through vet Falkreath. Some of the base damage is ridiculous since it gets paired with a snare. It's not unfair, but it was certainly not "too easy" by any stretch of the imagination.

This is of course after the braindead east first boss. She literally does nothing except throw easily dodged AoEs, then shields you from them. The minotaur that's with her is genuinely a larger threat. The Nords raining arrows down on the group during the mammoth fight is more of a threat.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still get killed a lot in vMA - only completed it on Saturday - but that's precisely why I like it. If it's not challenging me to the fullest it's simply boring. SotH dungeons had become routine even before the nerfs, so I won't probably visit them much anymore. But that happened after 9 months of running them 3-4 times a week. It seems HotR will get old quick. I've bought the DLC but I'll save it for later.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @VoodooWasser

I spent three or four hours in both dungeons on vet yesterday. I do agree they are easier than the SotH dungeons when they were released, but what you are basically describing is that once you get the mechanics down it's not that hard any longer. We couldn't beat Domihaus HM but that was basically because the cues for his actions are almost identical. I'm not a big fan of one shot mechanics, and the fight has several of them. Especially his roar is hard to pick up if you don't watch him constantly.

The dungeons are beautiful, but what I think is a design mistake is that the bosses are not much of a threat themselves besides artificial difficulty like one shot mechanics. The most threats are purely environmental, and some of them seem to be random and luck based.

In the end it will be quite easy once everyone has the mechanics down. I still think it's gonna be a lot of fun running them for a while.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Kneighbors
    Kneighbors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LadyNalcarya got a nice point there. You are talking about elitist? Show us your achievements, did you even bothered making HM or you simply went veteran normal with 660cp copy\paste meta build and found that you manage well? Because it seems you are not that good as you claim to be.
  • VoodooWasser
    VoodooWasser
    ✭✭✭
    Yes we did Hardmode.

The Point is not that i want to whine its to easy for me im a badass King and everyone who cant handle it first time is stupid.

The Point is that these two dungeons will supposly be the only new 4 person content for a whole Year!

If there were one or Two new dungeons every DLC i wouldnt bother. But as it seems now ZoS will just release two per Year so i think this two should be at least a challange for everyone. Just give us a thrid Difficulty so everyone can be happy.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes we did Hardmode.

The Point is not that i want to whine its to easy for me im a badass King and everyone who cant handle it first time is stupid.

The Point is that these two dungeons will supposly be the only new 4 person content for a whole Year!

If there were one or Two new dungeons every DLC i wouldnt bother. But as it seems now ZoS will just release two per Year so i think this two should be at least a challange for everyone. Just give us a thrid Difficulty so everyone can be happy.

There is a new content update at the end of the year remember, it will feature a sort of mini trial according to rumors so we will have our hard content then.

Just feel safe in the knowledge these 2 dilute the pug daily table a little and VICP, WGT, ROM and COS will appear slightly less frequently resulting in faster keys.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • VoodooWasser
    VoodooWasser
    ✭✭✭
    Well im very Happy for the mini Trial.

But still i really would be surprised if there comes more 4 person content... as for Pug: sure thats a new hardmode on its own, but normally i play with friends ;)
  • Arbit
    Arbit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well im very Happy for the mini Trial.

But still i really would be surprised if there comes more 4 person content... as for Pug: sure thats a new hardmode on its own, but normally i play with friends ;)

I find the difficulty in a good place for a guy that plays in mostly pugs. Pugs make everything HM so even basic veteran can be excruciatingly difficult. If you think it's too easy, run some pugs and see if you don't end up with some groups outright bailing or losing several members along the way.
    Argonian Master Race
  • VoodooWasser
    VoodooWasser
    ✭✭✭
    Sure but if you got friends you do like to play with them ;)

"nah sorry man i gotta go with pug because its to simpe with you, we can play next year when there is a harder dungeon :p "
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New content should be hard, but not dull. The mobs in Mazzatun were more annoying than anything else!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Arbit
    Arbit
    ✭✭✭✭

"nah sorry man i gotta go with pug because its to simpe with you, we can play next year when there is a harder dungeon :p "

Most people are going to pug because not everyone has friends who play. If you wanna experience what most people have to go through to beat the dungeon then id recommend it before rallying support for making it harder.
    Argonian Master Race
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    New content should be hard, but not dull. The mobs in Mazzatun were more annoying than anything else!

Maz has best trash in whole game. You can skip ALL OF IT <3 There's literally 3 packs you cannot skip. (unless something got changed now)
    Arbit wrote: »

Most people are going to pug because not everyone has friends who play. If you wanna experience what most people have to go through to beat the dungeon then id recommend it before rallying support for making it harder.

Why? Yes, group content is harder with an unorganized group, like every other group activity in the world. That makes sense. But why should that mean there should be no content aimed at organized small groups though?
  • VoodooWasser
    VoodooWasser
    ✭✭✭
    Arbit wrote: »

Well i could also perma block as Tank to experience what other people go through... point is to make content for everyone. there is a normal mode, there is a "veteran mode" just give us a third one so everyone is happy.

btw loved the mazzatun mobs :P
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Waseem wrote: »

i have also something to say to newbies who call for nerf cause they don't know how to play and absolutely want to get their monster helm .

Play with skills.
    Edited by Apherius on August 15, 2017 11:46AM