The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

NBs and tel var farming

Karmanorway
Karmanorway
✭✭✭✭✭
So here the other day after a long day of work, i decided to go tel var farming in IC sewers. So i when i got there doing my route i noticed it was only chests with simple lock all the time (alert!) So i keep running and i dont see anyone else there so i decided ignoring it and continue farming.

After a few hours of farming (still only simple chests around) i fall down to 25% hp on the next mob group and bam! A bannana NB stricking from behind and im down, lost 12k tel vars :(

I got so pissed i got some guild members to spam kill him everytime they encountered him in IC, and now the count is they killed him 62 times the last 2 days.

Is this overreacting or would you do the same? Anyone else had experience with these annoying NBs in the sewers?
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a PVP zone and your guild is tormenting someone for them participating in valid PVP. Sweet.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If a NB ganks me I whip him to death with my Flame Lash.
    Aldmeri Dominion Loyalist. For the Queen!
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    It's a PVP zone and your guild is tormenting someone for them participating in valid PVP. Sweet.

It's a PVP zone and his guild is participating in valid PVP.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Indeed, but for me its torment grinding for hours after a hard day of work, and lose half of it by someone waiting around for me to get properly filled with tel vars. He didnt even dare attack me before i was distracted and down to 25% hp :D and my guild was pvping too
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    12k? And you decided not to take a banking break because... ?
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    12k? And you decided not to take a banking break because... ?

Because i was deep in the sewers, i was looking for a chest with sigil, so i didnt need to risk getting killed on the way back
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »

Once. A few times. Sure.
    The way the OP is worded and 62 times would almost certainly be considered griefing if that person were to report it.
    Edited by Sigtric on August 9, 2017 10:54PM

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Once. A few times. Sure.
    The way the OP is worded and 62 times would almost certainly be considered griefing if that person were to report it.

Good thing there are no rules that says how many times u are allowed to kill someone in a pvp zone
  • Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some folks can handle their business and stand up for themselves, learn from their mistakes, change their plan, move on.

Some have their guild grief their opponent, want validation that its all fair in love and war and and seek that validation onnthe forums.

:)
    Esse quam videri.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Once. A few times. Sure.

Good thing there are no rules that says how many times u are allowed to kill someone in a pvp zone

They are rules against harassing other players and it applies to all content.

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Once. A few times. Sure.

Very well, so if u were in my shoes what would you do?
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Riptide wrote: »
    Some folks can handle their business and stand up for themselves, learn from their mistakes, change their plan, move on.

Some have their guild grief their opponent, want validation that its all fair in love and war and and seek that validation onnthe forums.

:)

Change plan how? The risk is in all of IC, and nodefarming is not worth it because its always fully packed during the evening... and yes i seek validation in here, since i started getting a feeling i had overreacted the day after
    Edited by Karmanorway on August 9, 2017 11:05PM
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Once. A few times. Sure.

When I am in IC I accept the risk of possibly losing some due to being ganked, zerged down, or being out played. Fight the fights that happen, win or lose; and move on.

You admittedly got your guild to set out to make this person's experience in game bad. Couldn't even sack up enough to try to settle it yourself.

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Once. A few times. Sure.

If I were in your shoes, I would have snuck back and banked my tel var. I also would have killed the gank every single time I saw him, but I wouldn't put an APB out on him for my entire guild.

If you take the game personally, you're going to make it personal for the person on the other side of the screen too. Be a good influence, not a bad one.
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Once. A few times. Sure.

When I am in IC I accept the risk of possibly losing some due to being ganked, zerged down, or being out played. Fight the fights that happen, win or lose; and move on.

You admittedly got your guild to set out to make this person's experience in game bad. Couldn't even sack up enough to try to settle it yourself.

Of course i tried finding him myself, but apparently he was good at hiding .. apparently hes not up for a fair fight.

Yes i did, but waiting around for another player to waste their limited hours, just so u can steal that from them, and prevent their progression for your own benefit. How is that much better?
  • Morbash
    Morbash
    ✭✭✭✭

It's a PVP zone and his guild is participating in harassment.

FTFY
    "War doesn't build character; it reveals it."
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Once. A few times. Sure.

Why didn't you kill him rather than call in the troops ?
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Once. A few times. Sure.

Of course i tried finding him myself, but apparently he was good at hiding .. apparently hes not up for a fair fight.

Yes i did, but waiting around for another player to waste their limited hours, just so u can steal that from them, and prevent their progression for your own benefit. How is that much better?

Because you were fair game. He doesn't know how much time you have to play the game, and it's not his responsibility TO know. You made a poor decision, you lost an investment, and you've set out to stalk him personally.

You went from a gank/target relationship to a stalker-across-many-sessions/target relationship. There's a difference.

If you have something I want in the IC, tel var for instance, I will stalk you all the way back to your gate for it. That's incentive, and the point of the IC.

If you have a personal issue with me, if I gained nothing by killing you except satisfaction that I'm ruining your fun, and still stalked you, that's harassment.
    Edited by Judas Helviaryn on August 9, 2017 11:16PM
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thedude33 wrote: »

Once. A few times. Sure.

He was hiding, couldnt find him
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thedude33 wrote: »

Once. A few times. Sure.

He was hiding, couldnt find him

Apparently your guild found him just fine.

• Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Change plan how? The risk is in all of IC, and nodefarming is not worth it because its always fully packed during the evening... and yes i seek validation in here, since i started getting a feeling i had overreacted the day after

Not hate here, just being direct.

I'd bank and bank often. Slot magelight, use it like mad. Assume you will be jumped at any time. Keep health topped up as much as humanly possible. Run with a partner, watch each other close.

Bank, and bank often.

Get some nb guildies to duel with you. Try to simulate being hit. Gain a comfort level cleansing, all that. Have/use pots and every tool.

Bank and bank often, especially until you feel comfy you can not be surprised and if you are you have a fighting chance.

Weigh every single pull with who may be watching, waiting.

Bank and bank often.

Try to think like the hunter thinks. Make an alt and become the hunter. Hunt the hunters.

Most of all keep in mind the folks arent evil, they are playing a game. You are farming mobiles for loot. They are hunting you. It is a PVP zone. You must become a hunter yourself :)

Edited by Riptide on August 9, 2017 11:20PM
    Esse quam videri.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Once. A few times. Sure.

Taking other people's telvar when you kill them was explicitly designed that way. It's on purpose. It's part of the game. That nightblade or anyone else that may have come along and wrecked you is playing Imperial City for how it was designed. If you can't handle that, at the least keep it to yourself, if not removing yourself from the zone entirely.

He/she validly took your telvar by way of the game design and a purposeful mechanic of the telvar system and you got goon squad to harass over it.

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • MrBetadine
    MrBetadine
    ✭✭✭✭
    That nightblade had his/her karma paid.
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    So here the other day after a long day of work, i decided to go tel var farming in IC sewers. So i when i got there doing my route i noticed it was only chests with simple lock all the time (alert!) So i keep running and i dont see anyone else there so i decided ignoring it and continue farming.

After a few hours of farming (still only simple chests around) i fall down to 25% hp on the next mob group and bam! A bannana NB stricking from behind and im down, lost 12k tel vars :(

I got so pissed i got some guild members to spam kill him everytime they encountered him in IC, and now the count is they killed him 62 times the last 2 days.

Is this overreacting or would you do the same? Anyone else had experience with these annoying NBs in the sewers?

First of all its pretty dumb to runn around with this much telva. Secondly this is a pvp area so yeah ppl will attack you! Third, people like you are the ones that cause all this saltyniness and anger in this game. That guy got the telva fair and square cause you messed up! Starting a witch hunt on him you shows what kind of person you are. You should be banned for this! Bulling other players like that aint cool and and goes against the community.
    All the guild members who joined should be ashamed and I hope this happens to them so they see how dumb this is.

Everyone plays this game to have fun and or relax. By trying to take that away from ppl you are just showing what kind of dip**** you are.
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't there a Sigil of Retreat or something like that? It's been a while since I was down there.
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Totally normal. it is also normal if you send assassins after his family members.
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nine9six wrote: »
    Isn't there a Sigil of Retreat or something like that? It's been a while since I was down there.

Yeah, there isfor 10k AP

Or you can also swap Campaigns to get out of IC quickly for free
    Edited by Tryxus on August 9, 2017 11:18PM
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes and they can be found in chests , thats why kept farming so i dinldnt need to walk all the way back
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr.NRG wrote: »

First of all its pretty dumb to runn around with this much telva. Secondly this is a pvp area so yeah ppl will attack you! Third, people like you are the ones that cause all this saltyniness and anger in this game. That guy got the telva fair and square cause you messed up! Starting a witch hunt on him you shows what kind of person you are. You should be banned for this! Bulling other players like that aint cool and and goes against the community.
    All the guild members who joined should be ashamed and I hope this happens to them so they see how dumb this is.

Everyone plays this game to have fun and or relax. By trying to take that away from ppl you are just showing what kind of dip**** you are.

Even more amusing is he made a post about it and advertised how much of a chicken doodle he is.

Got killed in a pvp zone
    Gambled with his Tevlar and lost
    Rather than man up and taking it as a learning experience he instead calls in the troops to avenge him ..rather than take care of it himself.

kittycat

• AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah there is. But using it makes you prone to getting attacked as it has a channel time for the port.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
This discussion has been closed.